[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: DotO_BoxArt.jpg (42KB, 350x431px) Image search: [Google]
DotO_BoxArt.jpg
42KB, 350x431px
This is coming out in eight days.

>Take on the role of Billie Lurk (aka Megan Foster), once one of Dunwall's most notorious killers-for-hire. Reunited with your old mentor, the legendary assassin Daud, you undertake the greatest assassination ever conceived: killing the Outsider, a god-like figure whom Billie and Daud see as instrumental to some of the Empire's most dishonorable moments. As you venture deep into the grimiest corners of Karnaca to uncover the mystery of the Outsider and his origins, you will face deadly opposition, ancient powers, and difficult decisions that will forever change the world around you.
>>
File: 1504804333730.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
1504804333730.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
Replaying Dishonored 2 on High Chaos in anticipation of this. It's even better than I remembered it being. I love the atmosphere just oozing from every single level. I love all the edgy dialogue both Corvo and Emily dish out. I love how everything is more chaotic now and people act like even bigger assholes than they did in Low Chaos. God, I love these games. I hope the rumors about this being the last Dishonored game ever are untrue.
>>
>>389565003
>Black girl
>White people hair

LMFAOO!!!
>>
>Be /pol/
>See a nigger on the cover
>Get buttblasted
>>
>>389565038
Well I can only see this ending two ways

>They have to go back in time to kill the Outsider i.e. everything gets undone, no more Dishonored
>They don't have to go back in time to kill him, Daud takes his place since there has to be an entity in charge of the Void
>>
File: Interracial NTR cuck.jpg (79KB, 496x515px) Image search: [Google]
Interracial NTR cuck.jpg
79KB, 496x515px
How do people justify playing as rogues in traditional RPGs. Usually its you up against some world ending threat or you are the chosen one or some shit. So it makes sense for a Stalwart Knight or Powerful Wizard to be your protag. I've never played as a Sneak Thief because it just makes no sense that a thief would be a world saving hero.
>>
WE
>>
>>389565443
Is The Outsider really in charge of the void? The way I read it, Delilah and Breanna started doing some wacky Void shit without needing The Outsider's permission. Same deal with the guy from the novel.
>>
>>389565003
You can at least try to be sneaky with your shilling, you've been posting this the last 2 weeks.
>>
>>389565509
I don't usually play rogues in RPGs, but it makes in Dishonored. Dishonored is a universe with guns, and somewhat realistic consequences of being shot - as in, you die. This is why charging into enemies is generally a bad idea - you're just one guy, so use the element of surprise.
Or you can charge head first and actually kill everybody, because you have magic powers. That works too.
>>
>>389565696
Outsider is not "in charge" of the void. He gives people marks, and they can do whatever they want with them, and it doesn't seem like Outsider can take marks away.
People can also "share" their marks with others (not Corvo and Emily, though). Daud created the whalers with this ability, in which Billie Lurk was the most exceptional, and Delilah created her coven, in which Breanna was the most exceptional.
>>
>>389565696
I'm not too versed in the lore, but I'm pretty sure that throughout history there's always been a great being that's tied to the Void, the Outsider being the current one
>>
>>389565894
>and it doesn't seem like Outsider can take marks away.
which is fucking weird cause Delilah sure as hell can
>>
>>389565894
>and it doesn't seem like Outsider can take marks away
But Delilah can? Damn.

I also think the executioner from Dishonored 1 was "sharing" his ability from Granny Rags. Or maybe that was just some kind of bonecraft thing going on.
>>
File: 1501462155384.jpg (97KB, 585x591px) Image search: [Google]
1501462155384.jpg
97KB, 585x591px
>>389565003
>black female
>strong and independent
>protagonist

no thanks anon, just bought Ys Lacrimosa of Dana with my boy Adol and that cute slut Dana.
>>
OL UP
OL UP WHITE BOI

SO U BE SAIN

SO U BE SAIN
>>
>>389566123

WE SOME ASSASINS?
>>
>>389565894
>>389565953
>>389566063
Nothing suggests that The Outsider can't take marks away. He probably can and just doesn't do it because he enjoys watching the chaos unfold. This is why he needs to be killed.
>>
>>389565913
So, they're gonna kill the Outsider and someone else comes in? What if it's someone even worse? They better have a good plan.
>>
>>389565038
playing a low chaos brawler style playthrough (throwing people around, throwing bottles shooting peoples legs etc.).
Replaying always makes me appreciate the little details. Atmosphere in this game is top tier for sure.
>>
>>389565953
Delilah is OP as hell, and can do things no other people can do.
>Possessing people through paintings
>Taking away marks
>Turning people to stone at will
>Becoming immortal
>Being mortal and coming back from the dead anyway
Her powers were mostly reasonable in the original game, where she wasn't exactly the best fighter in the world to compensate, but the sequel cranked her up to some goddess.
>>
>>389566167
In Dishonored, he might have enjoyed watching Corvo and Daud go at each other's throats, so he didn't do nothing. But in Dishonored 2, he's actually got a dog in this fight, and he's clearly rooting for Emily and against Delilah. Emily's victory wouldn't even be possible without his direct help. If he could take away Delilah's mark, he would.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
>>389566276
Why didn't Delilah turn you to stone the second you started fighting with her?
>>
>>389565003
WE
>>
>>389566532
during her boss fight she tries, you can just dodge it
>>
>>389566534
WUZ
>>
>>389566472
He can give you an helping hand and hope you succeed but still want to see you actually do it. I think he can take away the mark but would much rather have you claw your way to killing her.
>>
>>389566532
She actually can do that, I think it happens if you make the mistake of standing still instead of hopping around like a rabbit on meth.
>>
>>389566601
>>389566674
Really? What happens if you don't dodge it? Instant death? Also, why doesn't she just erase the mark again?
>>
I'm excited for it but I can't shake the worry that it's gonna be like TKoD and TBW in that it only has four actual levels and like three half levels total.

>>389566276
I mean to be fair they at least justified it well with the "stranded in the void for more than a decade" stuff being what made her learn how to use it all better.
>>
>>389566764
>What happens if you don't dodge it?
One hit kill
> Also, why doesn't she just erase the mark again?
Not sure if this is explained
>>
>>389566764
She probably needs to have you restrained to do it, and at that point why not just kill you outright instead?
>>
>>389566764
>What happens if you don't dodge it
You died. Reload last checkpoint?
>Also, why doesn't she just erase the mark again?
She only did it after both taking Corvo by surprise and grabbing his hand. She can't just do that by looking at people.
>>
>>389566826
It's definitely gonna be like that. It will have five levels at most. Three or four is more realistic.
>>
>>389566667
ASSASSINS
>>
Why is there an ugly negress on the cover?

Do they think people are going to buy that?

Talk about living in a SJW bubble.
>>
>>389567058
>Why is there an ugly negress on the cover?
Because she's the protagonist.
>Do they think people are going to buy that?
It's a DLC about Daud, of course people will buy it.
>Talk about living in a SJW bubble.
Kettle, meet pot. He says you're a fucking nigger.
>>
>>389567058
You think people that were otherwise interested in the game won't buy it because they see a nigger in a cover? And they're the ones living in a bubble, you say.
>>
ew she's (?) fucking gross. I can't play a game as that thing.
>>
>>389567048
N
>>
>>389565003
Dunno how the fuck you'd kill the Outsider, seeing as how he can freeze time and all that shit, but it seems interesting. Did they ever fix the issues on PC, or is it still an unoptimized mess?
>>
>>389567382
>>389567376
>>389567048
>>389567058
>>389566667
>>389566534
Comments like these should be a bannable offence. Nothing but worthless trash posts adding nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>389567450
It's mostly fine, but I still have some issues in the observatory.
>>
WE
>>
>>389567519
Comments like this should be a bannable offence. Nothing but worthless trash posts adding nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>389567450
Runs fine for me.
>>
>>389565509
David and Goliath, nigger. The impossibility of the situation makes it all the more appealing.

That and playing as rogues is more fun than a boring tank or Mage.
>>
>>389567450
Part of the plot seems to be about finding magical artifact weapons from the void. I'm sure the authors will come up with some asspull stuff to kill him off. This plot is lame, but the atmosphere and gameplay are gonna continue to be top notch, so whatever.
>>
>>389565038
Sad daily reminder that there's no chaos system in Death of the Outsider.
>>
>>389565750
I think that post was an attempt to make a new thread.
>>
Post what you really wanna see in it.
>A surprise wintery level in Tyvia, preferably with some frozen water and a comf manor estate
>The mines that were so important in 2 but that we never got to see get a level that has sections where you can make them pitch black by disabling the power
>The Academy of Natural Philosophy gets a level with lots of fucking weird contraptions in it
>>
>>389569301
I dunno if I find that sad, exactly. So long as you still can approach targets freely and have multiple endings I won't mind too much.
>>
>>389570567
They should save Tyvia for a full game. Other than that, your ideas are great. I would like to see a level in the mines, I thought for sure there was gonna be one in Dishonored 2, with how much they talked about them.
>>
File: sad.jpg (20KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
20KB, 250x300px
>>389570674
But I enjoyed the small subtle differences in the levels depending on your chaos level. The higher amount of bodies, the conversations playing out differently, areas being changed. I'm gonna miss that aspect. It hurts the replay value, in my opinion.
>>
>>389567519
>>389567605
Comments like this should be a bannable offence. Nothing but worthless trash posts adding nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>389570906
I'd rather it get a full game too but at this point I'm pretty sure this is the end of Dishonored so I'd really just like to see it at least once if so.

I was genuinely surprised after the mission with Armanis that Delilah hadn't established a shrine or something at the bottom of the mine or something. It really did seem like it'd be more than just a bit of the lore.
>>
>>389571189
Why isnt there a chaos system lad
>>
>>389571189
Oh, true, no doubt - I just meant that as long as they don't ditch the branching story entirely it won't be a dealbreaker for me.
>>
>>389567228
>It's a DLC about Daud
where you don't play as Daud, it's going to bomb
>>
>>389571429
>“What if there is no chaos system, and we just focused on the direct consequences of your actions?” says Bakaba. “It was interesting for us to explore what a Dishonored game is without it. This time around, you can still go non lethal, lethal, as you always do. The difference is there is no-one who is going to tell you this is good, this is bad.”

>It suits Billie’s character, continues Bakaba. As someone who experienced her redemption arc - a central theme of the Dishonored series - in Dishonored 2, it’s not about what’s right or wrong for her. “she’s paid her debts. So we steered away from the chaos system.”

Just seems like they don't want to be arsed to continue work on a system that a lot of tards hate anyways.
>>
>>389571590
Sounds to me like they just thought of a way to lower the budget while making it work with the story and went with it desu
>>
*SMACKS LIPS*
>>
>>389565003
i loved dishonored 1 and 2, but why the fucking hell would i want to play as lurk? who asked for this? was it just to tick the black woman box that every cunt is shoehorning into games these days? her story is shit, daud was interesting, an shes a forgettable side character who i killed in the first game...
>>
Yasss queen slayyy
>>
>>389571417
>I'm pretty sure this is the end of Dishonored
Why?
>>
>>389571981
Why not? Sounds like a decent interesting story. Going after The Outsider with Daud as your bro and mentor.
>>
>>389572332
2 borderline bombed and this seems like a really clear finale to the series.
>>
>>389572609
Well, if this is indeed the last we'll ever see of Dishonored, then I'd hope for a Pandyssia level too. Hope not, though.
>>
>>389572609
>2 borderline bombed
Damn, really? I thought it sold ok.
>>
>>389570567
If you're going to Tyvia, make it on the Oracular Order. That would be a sweet level.
>>
>>389567519
Fuck off Reddit. We wuz posting is part of /v/ culture, deal with it.
>>
>>389571590
The chaos system does kind of suck though. The changes are really shallow, and a lot of people are arseholes to you who reasonably would have no idea how many people you'd killed.
>>
>>389574285
It's not supposed to be realistic. It's just supposed to aid to replay value. The more chaotic shit you do, the more chaotic the world becomes. All the changes were neat, even the smaller ones, and then there's cool shit like the last level of Dishonored 1, which was very different.
>>
>>389574285
The spirit of chaos system is "What goes around, comes around"
>>
>>389567376
It's a first person game.
>>
>>389571590
I'm glad if it goes with one character it goes with Billie. Corvo and Emily both have an obvious choice in what they're willing to sacrifice for power/redemption, Daud has an opportunity to go soft as he ages
. Billie doesn't seem like she is at the same crossroads, she's an ex-assassin who is probably alright with some grisly shit for a good cause
>>
The Royal Conservatory is a real good level.
>>
>>389567528
>>389567613
>>389568879
Word, cheers. Might look into it once the price drops off a bit more.
>>
>>389578909
There's a free demo
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.