[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What vidya has fun magic classes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What vidya has fun magic classes?
>>
Baldur's Gate games are incredibly fun as a caster and especially as a hybrid caster.
Fighter/mage is a powergaming death incarnate, cleric/mage is the master of all forms of casting. Even single-class casters like sorcerers or wild mages are fun as fuck and feel really unique.
>>
>>389557089
Unironically Oblivion. Sure, Destruction is not as good as you might think but everything else is OP as fuck.

And you can fix the leveling and shitty scaling
>>
Define fun first. Morrowind.
>>
>>389557089
Dragons Dogma.
Nothing quite beats dropping a meteor on your enemies
>>
>>389557089
Dragon's Dogma

Some real fun spells there, plus you can form a 4 man wizard squad and synchronize your casts to get them out more quickly

There's also mystic knight and magick archer if you want to hybrid class
>>
>>389557591
>>389557643
Boring as shit, limited repertoire of spells and after you saw a meteor rain or maelstrom a few times it gets really fucking old fast, and aside from cool visuals the casting system has nothing interesting going on for it. The only fun caster classes are hybrids and they don't feel like pure mages most of the time.
>>
Two Worlds 2.
>>
>>389557946
i honestly don't understand how a game this awful managed to make such a cool spell craft system
>>
I'll never understand people who like mage classes in vidya.

While they may be strong in some games, they are always boring to play and don't have that "feel" and impact non-magic classes have.
>>
>>389558102

I always considered it the best mediocre game ever released. All the shitty parts grow on you eventually and it does some things really well, like the spell crafting system.

I just hope they pull a miracle out of their collective ass and don't royally fuck up TW3.
>>
>>389558139
in a game with a good casting system mage is capable of controlling the entire battlefield
it's way more impactful than playing as just another auto-attack machine or a tank
of course, i'm talking about the games with good casting, not about the fireball throwing simulators
>>
>>389557809
I don't get you magefags

Usually you're complaining that magic is unsatisfactory in both visuals and impact, then when a game gives you big, dramatically effective spells you complain the systems aren't complicated enough
>>
>>389557089
Any game with good necromancers?
>>
>>389558139
Mages are fun when they are challenging. Just trying to jack up your fireball damage isnt very interesting, but learning how to properly apply that frenzy spell, or debuff the shit out of a powerful enemy to allow your buddies to slice through it paper all while not taking a single loss is really fun.
>>
>>389558431
Awesome button is really not an interesting concept, anon.
>>389558465
Baldur's Gate 2 with uncapped summons mod and cleric/mage flooding everything with a torrent of buffed, hasted skeleton warriors and Diablo 2 are probably your only picks.
>>
harry potter games

get it
because you take magic classes
>>
>>389558139
Blasting things with lightning bolts is fun.
>>
>>389557089
I'm still waiting for a game to actually do magic properly. Something where magic is a consequence of planning and preparation. Currently magic is literally.

>Select spell and spend 20 mana to summon demon.

Wheras it should be.

>Want to summon a demon.
>Go to dusty library in abandoned mage tower.
>Find a book on demon summoning.
>It says you must sacrifice a black lamb with a copper bladed dagger.
>Have to do it where a righteous man was killed when the moon is darkest.
>Must speak these words when you do so.
>Go collect all the shit you need.
>Go to the right place at the right time.
>Perform the ritual.
>Congratulations you have summoned a demon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.