[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else unironically enjoying the fuck out of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: A1m3R3xCcJS.png (1MB, 1500x840px) Image search: [Google]
A1m3R3xCcJS.png
1MB, 1500x840px
Anyone else unironically enjoying the fuck out of this
>>
>>389555765
Yeah it's pretty fun
>>
>>389555765
Never played the 1st, so I am very much.
Seems veterans are mostly happy but some soso but still enjoy it.
Reminds me of have Splatoon 2 was.
>>
Not on PC yet so not giving a fuck. Enjoy the 30 FPS with subpar resolution and shit FOV.
>>
What the fuck even kind of game is it? Is it just Borderlands but online?
>>
>>389555957
Think Warframe but all your default movement and power options are on a cooldown.
>>
>>389555957
It's COD with Diablo loot grinding.
>>
It's easy to get immersed at first, but after a while the illusion wears off.
>>
>>389555957
Its literally shitty Halo mixed with Warframe without the cool ninja shit. Its the console babies fucking god and they will defend it to their dying breath.
>>
>>389555957
For me it's basically 1st person Phantasy Star Online
>>
>>389556084
>>389556176
>>389556381

Will Avoid So
>>
>>389555765
Read that shaders are temporary
Microtransactions galore
Welcome to 2017
The worst part is people defending on jewbook and kotaku, saying its the only way AAA studios can still sell games for $60. I bet they could sell new games at half that and still make a profit.
>>
>>389555765
got a free copy for ps4 so eh, might be spoiling it a bit for when PC comes out but fuck not much out right now
>>
File: 1475019387499.jpg (102KB, 1000x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1475019387499.jpg
102KB, 1000x1092px
>>389555765
yeah its pretty good fampai
>>
So remind me why is the pc release date so far away.
>>
>>389555905
bad day at school?
>>
>>389557078
Nah just nervous before my first day
>>
>>389555765
No. It's shit.
>>
Oh the shilling
>>
>>389557272
This. Smhtbhfam
>>
File: 1504124735233.png (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504124735233.png
92KB, 400x400px
>>389555905
Literally no need to be this salty
>>
>>389557272
Sorry for talking about a new game on a videogame forum
>>
>>389555765
Yeah it's actually pretty compelling, especially compared to the first

There's a little context to your actions so missions don't feel as tedious and boring as the first game, and the open world public event shit is great

>Public event on The Rig
>Walker drops down
>Everyone starts killing it
>HEROIC MODE ACTIVATED
>wat
>Another walker drops down behind us
>Tons of generals spawn
>We all pop supers and melt them, get cool rewards and a tracker emblem

Game is fun, having a good time
>>
>>389556570
hello cammy
>>
Tell me it has WAY more content than vanilla destiny 1, and then I'll be interested. I'm all about the art design, fighting bosses, exploring crazy worlds, but the business practice side of things and how they treated customers the first time was horrible.

I heard the campaign was only 4 hours but I don't know if that's true, some say it's longer but doing side missions in between campaign doesn't count as the campaign being longer
>>
>>389558562
Context doesn't make tedious tasks less tedious. At the end of the day you're doing the same thing
>>
>>389558882
The campaign is anywhere from 8-20 depending on how much side stuff you do

The zones are bigger than D1, and the "Adventures" (sidequests) take about 20-30 minutes and are basically just curated missions, but they're fun and there's tons of them

There is way more to do, people memeing about the number of strikes and raids being the limiting factor are pretty misguided, because the overworld content alone is vastly improved
>>
I can't wait to be bored out of my skull playing this on PC. At least loot grindan means almost endless end game.
>>
>>389558234
>Calling something reddit while defending destiny 2
>>
>>389555765
EXACTLY the same as the first one.
Lack of content, gunplay is the same with just a few new exotics.
Endgame is still grind the same boring shit over and over.
Not a single new race, just new """"enemy types""""
For no reason they have The Taken in the game because otherwise they have so little content.
Of course if you say any of this the shills get very upset
>>
>>389559078
Yeah but side stuff isn't part of campaign. It's side stuff.
>>
>>389558882
The campaign has fewer missions but they're all substantially larger and of significantly higher quality. I'd rate D1 vanilla a 4 or 5/10, ND complete D1 as of now about a 6. D2 at launch is 8/10.

It has the same amount of strikes and a raid, however strikes are apparently going to be coming regularly as content patches. Further there are a TON of activities on patrols now and while D1 had maybe 5 side quests, there are about 50 in D2. And the quality of everything across the board is significantly better. Even the weakest shit in D2 is better than 95% of everything in D1 except the first and last raids which were pretty damn great.
>>
I can't play it because the fuckheads had a 3 day beta in the middle of the fucking week and now I have to wait over a month for release.
>we totally give a shit about our PC release guys, look we even added 2K support for that tiny minority of you who use that dumb shit!
Fucking Activision
>>
>>389559389
t. hasn't played the game, never will, just here to bitch and moan
>>
>>389559419
Fair point. I'm of the opinion that the game is what you make it, if you want to blast through you certainly can but it feels designed around exploration as well
>>
No reason to care yet since the PC version isn't out yet, but the beta didn't encourage me to much, it feels like a generic shooter basically because of the fact that they made the cooldowns for everything so damn long, makes it sort of boring.
>>
>>389559536
What did he say that was untrue?
>>
File: 1501738832953.jpg (64KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1501738832953.jpg
64KB, 700x467px
>>389555905
Jesus kid.post some pics of your katanas
>>
>>389560193
>Lack of content
Bullshit, the overworld is much more populated with shit to do
>Endgame
Nobody is even to the endgame yet, but with the above point and the options for grinding are much more varied. We don't know anything about the new raid, how it will work, and how many strikes are planned as content updates like they've mentioned
>Not a single new race
I will concede, that is bullshit
>>
>>389559536
>He does it for free
>>
>>389557015
so that the big bad pc can't datamine the game and find out that the future DLC is actually Disc Locked Content.
>>
>All these posts complaining about generic gunplay and lack of content
>NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF THE BULLSHIT SHADERS

Look, if you guys want some good ammo against shills mention the SINGLE USE shaders that can be purchased with real money. The subreddit is in flames, and a lot of sites are reporting on it today. Everyone is pissed
>>
>>389555765
I can already these destiny threads are just gonna be like the PUBG ones. Just people talking about if the games popular and that /v/ is wrong again. Blah blah blah.

Than again, destiny actually has story "barely" so I wanna ask what are the enemies in Destiny 2 like.

Did the fallen change? Are there still splicers and using SIVA. Any new Houses and where are they based. It is it still the same ones like the Devils and Lost. What about house judgement, Varik still doing his thing?

How can the Hive still do their thing if we've killed their gods? Is there someone worse than oryx?

Is it true that the vex are actually milk?

Does that Cabal General dude do more than just be the enemy that takes over Oryx job of being "a main" villain type.

Also, let me run this by y'all

Fallen: renaissance/18th century aristocracy
Hive:medieval/egyptian/Aztec Mythtisism
Vex:Ancient Greek
Cabal: ancient Romans.

Could this help us hint out possible enemies or even potential races in the Destiny universe? Like maybe Feudal east Asia? Africans?
>>
>>389560516
>b-b-b-but you can j-j-just get it w-without spending a dime, you just need to spend 8000 hours grinding!!! I-it's not like we already paid $60+ for the game!
>>
File: 1492017450473.gif (2MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
1492017450473.gif
2MB, 389x292px
>>389559425
>however strikes are apparently going to be coming regularly as content patches
Sweet Jesus let this be true. Getting to the end of D1 and having no new content for weeks was awful.
>>
>>389560516
>SINGLE USE shaders that can be purchased with real money
WTF microtransactions have made it into this? I was waiting for GOTY edition on PC but might skip it entirely.
>>
>>389560538
buy the season pass to find out :^)
>>
Anyone has a Destiny 2 code for pc? I know some of you got them with your shiny 1080 and won't use it.
>>
>>389555765
>single use shaders
>gameplay advantages you can buy for real money
>>
>>389560538

I like the way you think, Anon. I second your question.

I'm stupid curious on how we got our shit slapped by the fat dummies when we kicked their collective asses on Mars and when the void niggas tore the remainder if their fleets a new one.
>>
>>389558562
>and the open world public event shit is great

It always way for the first week. Then everyone loses a reason to care and everywhere becomes a ghost town except the main hub.
>>
It's INSANE how many shills for this game there is
>>
>>389560842
Why do that when /v/ can buy the game and tell me the things I care about and don't need to deal with Activision's bullshit ;^)
>>
>>389560538
House of Judgment overpowered all other houses and have risen as the dominant Eliksni force. No. mention of Varik in the campaign. SIVA and splices are dead.

The Hive Court still has powerful players involved and will continue. There's mention of what seems to be a separate faction trying to call upon an Old God now that Oryx is out of the picture.

Yes.

He talks to the Speaker and is subjugated to some savage banter, we do find out that he was manipulated by a mentor to purge corruption from the empire's upper ranks and this is why he wants the Traveler's Light. He wants to be a righteous man and cleanse his people, and struggles with whether or not to truly earn the Light for the Traveler to choose him, or to take it by force when his plans start going wrong at the risk of becoming like those he seeks to destroy. That said he still is largely a big bad sort of villain.

Not sure but in the post credits the 5th faction shown in leaked concept art years before destiny 1 came out is shown catching wind of earth and sending those massive pyramid ships to find it.
>>
>>389560538
I'm mote concerned with the hive worms, and fan theories saying they are actually wyrms

>oh look, a dragon
is way less interesting than a symbiotic worm that turns its host into space satan
>>
Enjoyed the first run of the campaign with a titan but realized that this game sucks without stuff like iron banner nightfall and the Extra content that will eventually come
>>
>>389561572
Did you see the worm under the water on Titan? When you're getting the CPU if you look out the window it's drifting outside, it's about 200 meters long
>>
>>389562008
I will take a look, thank you sir!

it's actually worm like, yes?
people on the internet are suggesting the worms are the ahmkara that arrived with the traveler and the guardians holocausted them because they didn't trust the goods these merchants were selling
>>
>>389562356
That's absolutely false, o' anon mine
>>
>>389562356
I think this one at least is a Hive worm, Holiday mentions it when you're entering the system, something about "something big" showing up on the scanner
>>
Is it true that the game crashes a lot?
>>
>>389562521
well it doesn't make sense really that they would be the same. Worms used the hive to escape the fundament. Why would they need the hive when they are also freely moving about being space jews?
>>
why can't they just bump up the pc launch date
>>
Watch a few streams of it earlier and can anybody explain there are Taken enemies still hanging around?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vII1AGyantY
>>
>>389555765
I keep looking for reasons to get it other than "My friends are all hyped up to play it for some reason" But I don't see a reason to play it over Warframe. Maybe when I burn out on Warframe again.
>>
>>389560516
I did at the top if youd fucking read the thread
>>
>>389563505
Taken don't stop being Taken once Oryx is gone, they're all the drones that are still following orders blindly and without free will. Also they can self replicate so that means they're just going to be there until every last one is killed.
>>
>>389555765
Should I buy Destiny 2 or Battlefield 1?
>>
File: 1375904580599.png (26KB, 775x591px) Image search: [Google]
1375904580599.png
26KB, 775x591px
Started it last night. Just got through the first couple missions and unlocked PvP. Plays well just like the first. Just hoping there's a more fleshed out story in this one. I'm expecting a grind, but hoping it won't be so fucking tedious and shitty like D1. Playing as Titan right now. Like the new shield super.

How's PvP?
>>
>>389559521
>2K support
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>389565134
The grind isn't too bad. Every Strike I've ran has given me higher leveled gear as well as items to turn in for more gear.
>>
>>389558357
>new game
>>
>>389565575
Le overly pedantic cynacism faec
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.