[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloodborne Byrgenwerth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: DCJzpNBXkAAUqGE.jpg (146KB, 1000x1033px) Image search: [Google]
DCJzpNBXkAAUqGE.jpg
146KB, 1000x1033px
So, in the beginning of the game you're told how important Byrgenwerth is, being the birthplace of all the knowledge regarding The Great Ones, and how a schism between two of its scholars ended up being the foundation of the Healing Church.

Then you actually get to Byrgenwerth and... it's a 20 min level with a shitty boss fight (Rom). I mean, even Castle Cainhurst, and optional area, is more interesting, more explorable, and has a better boss than this level, which was supposed to be a "big deal".

Not shitting on Bloodborne, I love it, but this was just lame. I mean, in Dark Souls 3, trying to get to Aldritch, you fight your way into the Cathedral of The Deep for a while, before unlocking any form of shortcut. Byrgenwerth in comparison seems... lacking.

So, what's your favorite level design in BloodBorne? Research Hall for me in the DLC, fuck Nightmare of Mensis
>>
I love Rom
>>
>>389556609
yes, indeed
>>
>>389555601
Honestly central yharnam was the best for me, gave me the vibes of the trailers, tons of optional routes that looped back onto eachother that weren't just short cuts, cool new weapons and armor to find

Fuck the forest, goddamn i hated the snake balls and the general lack of feeling lost before learning the area
>>
rom is cute

CUTE
>>
I always saw Bygenwerth as just the end of the woods instead of it's own thing.
>>
I felt the same way. You figure it'd be bigger, and have some form of Lecture Halls as well
>>
>>389555601
if you want to think of it charitably you can see portions of byrgenwerth transported/re-imagined within the nightmare frontier. it's a shame the area that you can access in the waking world is so minor though.
>>
>the graveyard in the woods with the snakes
Just what in the fuck were they thinking? That had to be the hardest to navigate area in any souls game. Trying to get all the items there was a nightmare, everything looked the same, looped back on itself and had too many paths to go down.
>>
>>389557376
I think the university floating in the nightmare realm is supposed to be part of Byrgenwerth, as well as all the chalice dungeons being beneath it.
>>
>>389557484
I guess, but the nightmare doesn't pull physical things like buildings into, right? Why the hell is actual brygenwerth so tiny?
>>
>>389557484

This. But desu, I'd rather just have the Research Hall connected directly to Byrgenwerth. It would make it a much more interesting place. DaS2 killed the "teleport to this completely unattached area" meme for me
>>
>>389557482
That forest kills my desire to replay BB, especially the gank squad at the end. DS3 has a similar problem with exploring areas with branching paths that look the same, but it never gets as bad as the woods in BB.
>>
>>389555601
I really liked Cainhurst. I guess I'm a Soulsfag at heart.

>>389557484
The Chalice dungeons were beneath Byrgenwerth? I know they were the ancient civilization they got the blood from, but I thought they were beneath Yharnam. Hence the name.
>>
>>389558070
Unless you want the items in the area, the forest is quite easy to run through the 2nd time around.

Or any ranged weapon can make the place a cakewalk like the Beast Cutter or the Threaded cane
>>
>>389555601
I think it's because the people are more important than the place itself. Also isn't the lecture hall area supposed to be part of byrgenwerth or am I mistaken?
>>
>>389555601
The only levels I dislike in Bloodborne are the fucking Nightmare of Mensis' first part and Yahar'Gul's first part.

I agree about the college and in general believe the game could have used a bit more flavor in those areas. Once you know the map, you realize how straightforward the levels are. I would have liked a few more atmospheric areas that weren't just glorified corridors.
>>
>>389558340
It is but that's in Micolash's nightmare, not the real world
>>
>>389558572
Yeah true, I dunno I for some reason thought it was a piece that was torn out of reality for some reason, but it's probably just a construct.
>>
>>389558675
We have no reason to believe that buildings get brought into nightmares. And we don't see any obvious damage at Brygenwerth in the real world. Not sure what is going on with that
>>
>>389558675
>>389558992
The description says now it floats in the nightmare implying it wasn't there originally
>>
>>389555601
Byrgenwerth WAS important, you get there late to the party, pretty much everyone is dead or dying, all the really primo knowledge had been taken by Lawrence or destroyed by Willem
It's a pretty common theme in modern FromSoft games, everything important already happened, you're just the clean up crew
>>
>>389555601
>tfw realizing if byrgenwerth did have a bigger level design that something like isz would have been perfect for it
>>
>>389557574
Because it was just a university that got some dank shit to study, it wasn't some huge institution, it only became important after the discovery of Kos in the fishing village and people finding the chalice dungeons
Why would it be more than a couple of buildings?
>>
everything after vicar amelia is a slog

this becomes even more apparent after the first playthrough
>>
>>389558992
>>389559127
Things rarely get physically pulled into the nightmare, the nightmare technically exists in the same place as the real world just on a different layer of reality
>>
>>389559586
I think the real problem is that it takes forever to get interesting weapons.
>>
>>389560108
What's an interesting weapon? And when can I get the OG Moonlight GS? I justice beat Gascoigne
>>
>>389560447
For you, a long time
>>
>>389560447
After you beat Amelia you can go to the DLC area and kill Ludwig. If you talk to him with church gear on and lie about the hunters he gives it to you
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>389560541
>Go to the DLC and fight Ludwig right after Amelia on your first playthrough
>No really, it's a great idea
>>
>>389560672
>>
>>389560541
>>389560672
You still can go to the DLC area and get the Pizza Cutter, or the other powderkeg weapons
>>
Am I the only one that hated everything BEFORE Rom? Everything looked the same and wasn't very interesting. Forest onwards is great.

BB was my first souls game.
>>
>>389562431
But it advertised itself as a victorian horror monster hunter game. Why would you expect anything different thats what made the sudden cosmic horror twist so good
>>
>>389562431
You are alone
>>
>>389562895
>twist
>not a premise made blindingly obvious from the ministration onwards

need more insight
>>
Quick rundown of the lore on the giant snake of Forbidden Forest?
>>
>>389563194
They get like that from eating beasts
>>
File: 1333098438888.gif (202KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1333098438888.gif
202KB, 400x400px
>>389560541
This. The DLC is accessible early on so you can get its gear whenever you feel like it. It's great to have the Moonlight Greatsword for more than half the game.
You've got this!
>>
>>389555601
It was a small exclusive school. No need for it to be some sprawling campus.
>>
>>389563904
If he can beat Ludwig after Amelia, that is...

Plus, the Moonlight Sword looks cool and all, but unless you run a high Arcane build, it's mainly fashion.
>>
>>389562431
Yep, you are alone. Amelia is fucking amazing, and Shadow of Yharham is fun. Plus, you could get to Hypeon Gaol early and listen to the Mensis scholars summoning The One Reborn and that is really wicked.

MA LE DIC TUUUUUUUS
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.