[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game has great graphics AND great gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1473543265551.gif (1018KB, 744x719px) Image search: [Google]
1473543265551.gif
1018KB, 744x719px
>game has great graphics AND great gameplay
>>
>>389551349
>but a shitty butchered story
>>
>>389551593
it's DOOM?
>>
>>389551659
MGSV
>>
>>389551701
But MGSV looked like a generic seventh gen open world game. While being almost unplayable on seventh gen hardware.
>>
>>389552104
Oh, and mediocre gameplay.
>>
>>389552167
>spoiled teens on /v/
>>
File: 1499547907868.jpg (10KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1499547907868.jpg
10KB, 247x248px
>>389552104
>>389552167
>MGSV had mediocre graphics and gameplay
Nice meme, why don't you try judging things for yourself instead of parroting /v/ opinions
>>
>>389552104
>looked like a generic seventh gen open world game
Do you mean the graphics? I thought it looked good in 2015.
If you mean the gameplay then play the fucking game before talking.
It was definitely well optimized though, even a toaster could run Ground Zeroes.
Fox engine is really good, too bad konami has it now.
>>
File: aaaa.png (174KB, 699x191px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
174KB, 699x191px
>>389552220
You mean I have played more than three games in my life so I have some reference of more enjoyable games.

>>389552319
Yeah about that.
>>
>>389552438
>94 hours
>m-muh mediocre gameplay!

Yeah you've played more than 3 games, maybe 10?
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>389552438
>Hours played: 94
>It's shit
Nigga, we all know MGSV is the best action game on the market
>>
File: IMG_3322.gif (352KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3322.gif
352KB, 256x256px
>>389551349
>game has no graphics and no gameplay
>>
>>389551659
nu-Doom's story is at least well-paced.
>>
>game has photorealistic graphics and really good gameplay but it's play to win
>>
>>389552406
>I thought it looked good in 2015.
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special either. The environments especially were pretty average and lazy.
>If you mean the gameplay then play the fucking game before talking.
I did. It has some good stuff in there but overall it was let down by the missing level design and grind for content type stuff they ported over from Peace Walker. I enjoyed it as I did the Assassins Creed games I've played, I played through them but in the end they made me feel nothing and I kinda wish I hadn't.
>It was definitely well optimized though, even a toaster could run Ground Zeroes.
Well there wasn't all that much to optimized in the first place, but it did run well on my older computer. GZ though was borderline unplayable on the PS3, not sure if TPP was better in that area.
>Fox engine is really good, too bad konami has it now.
What's so good about it? Just seems like it kinda exists to me. Not bad, but nothing especially worth championing for either.
>>389552552
I'm not sure how many I've played.
>>389552623
I didn't say it was shit. I said it was mediocre. Fully playable, but not in any way memorable. It was just a generic open world game. You play it once, then throw it aside and feel like you wasted a bit too much time.
>>
>>389551349
omaso's guys are cute.
>>
>>389553106
I'm curious, what action/stealth games do you think have more than mediocre gameplay?
>>
>>389553795
MGS3.
>>
>>389554013
Don't get me wrong here, MGS3 is one of my favourite games of all time and my favourite MGS game by far
But are you honestly telling me you think it's mechanically better than MGSV?
Because that's retarded
>>
>>389554728
In some areas yes, in others no. Don't get me wrong MGSV feels really fucking nice to play when it comes to the controls and stuff like that. It's why I played 94 hours of it, but the lackluster and absent level design, which is by far one of the most important aspects of a stealth game, coupled with the grinding and overpowered items made it a pretty mediocre experience overall. If MGSV was more or less just GZ but more stuff it would probably have been one of my favorite MGS games, but it wasn't. Instead it was one of the most unnecessary, pointless and generic open world games I have ever played with some very easy but well controlled sneaking mechanics thrown in there. Throughout the entire game I sort of had this feeling of "soon it will get better, soon the fun mechanics they have been holding out on us will be unlocked" but it never happened.
>>
>>389555574
I hear the complaint about the level design a lot and I honestly don't get it, especially not from the same people that praise GZ, the level design is at the same level in both the only difference is that GZ is compact and tiny so it feels more full compared to the spread out world of TPP
TPP could definitley have been improved by more time spent on it or a smaller more dense map but it definitely didn't have lackluster level design
>>
>>389555886
It's more that in GZ they could spend so much more time making sure every little piece of the level was in line for what they had planned, you can't really do that as much with a open world game, they have to account for anything being possible. There were some parts that were okay, the mountain fortress thing was pretty nice, the manor was sort of decent, but overall it all felt pretty unfocused and not as meticulously hand crafted(like the bad patrol routes that made sneaking a breeze most of the time), and on top of that all the cheat items the game pretty much throws at you and it trivializes a lot of it as well and it didn't merge as well as I think they hoped it would. The AI also felt a bit worse than older games, though it wasn't all that great in GZ either. But we shouldn't forget that like 90% of the map is just an open space with some copy paste checkpoints here and there, and you did spend a lot of time running/galloping/driving/sneaking through that slog.
>>
>>389556382
Maybe I'm the weird one because I didn't mind the running/galloping/driving/sneaking through the open world, it made it feel like one dude trying to get a lot done in a wide area which I enjoyed
But yeah, the sparsity of the map was kind of disappointing, I guess it could have used a couple more years in development lel
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.