[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: risen[1].jpg (25KB, 240x340px)
risen[1].jpg
25KB, 240x340px
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>389550234
Should have stayed dead.
>>
It's fun. Selling weed in the monastery to solve a murder was pretty cool.
The ghouls can go suck my dick though.
Also, who thought that putting an NPC that points you the wrong way right at the start is a good idea?
>>
Good game where the second half is weaker than the first
>>
>>389550234
Shit tier
>>
Not Gothic but it's okay.
>>
Some bandit guy was rude to me so I beat his face in.

Then some fag came to take revenge.
WTF
>>
Fun first half, terrible second half. After you're done with swamp, city and monastery quests you may a well drop it.
>>
Make sure to play it with Russian voices + English subs for maximum comfy
>>
Risen 2 and 3 are some of the most fucking polarizing games i've ever seen. Some people love them and some people act like they're hot burning garbage.
>>
>>389554176

The dev is German.
>>
File: 1499729425146.jpg (197KB, 860x617px) Image search: [Google]
1499729425146.jpg
197KB, 860x617px
>>389554324
That goes for all Piranha Bytes games though.

It's just less of a 70% good 30% bad split and more of a 50% good and 50% bad split.

In general: Germans, poles and russians love Gothic and Risen for the most parts.
Americans mostly either don't know about them or dislike the games/call them mediocre.
>>
>>389554324
Part 3 legitimately has the best combat out of all of them. I'd kill myself before finishing 1 if I didn't go for magic build.
>>
>>389553535
Terrible how? Currently playing through Risen 1.
>>
>>389554640
It devolves to a really primitive dungeon crawling with a lack of any interesting content.
>>
>>389550234

My favorite piranha bytes game next to gothic.
Relativly unique setting
writing seemes good
exploration was ok
still very mediocre
>>
>>389554640
Terrible as in disappointing its not as good as the first half, but still serviceable.

Once you get the highest level loot, you should naturally be tearing through the game anyway, so its not that bad.
>>
>>389554324
I love them because they're hot burning garbage.
>>
>>389550234
Pretty fun game, way better than the two that followed.
>>
>anyone calling Risen 2+3 bad

Even those despite their flaws are still better than shit like Two Worlds

If you wanna play a mediocre euro RPG try playing that. Risen 3 feels like a masterpiece after that.
>>
>>389554621
The reason most hate them is typically the reason most like them.

Namely, you start out as a weak little bitch that can't do shit. A lot of times you gotta run and/or cheese your way past enemies just to make it to the next town or whatever. For some thats inexcusable, but for others thats where all the fun is and the main point of playing open-world rpgs.
>>
>>389554973
>This shit is better than that shit
Wow, nice
>>
>>389554973
TW is not mediocre, TW is awful. Sure, R2/3 is better but being better than awful is not actually that much of an achievement.
>>
>>389554973
>Even those despite their flaws are still better than shit like Two Worlds

That's really not saying much, being not quite as shit as doesn't mean you still aren't shit. PB have basically rehashed the same crap six times now and have shown virtually no improvement.
>>
>>389555669
>have shown virtually no improvement
in fact, they lost difficulty and minmaxing, two things that G2 did right
>>
Hows elex anyway?
>>
>>389555768
ELEX is apparently harder than any Risen game

Which will make it their hardest game since G2 NOTR
Also: Gothic games were never all that hard except for NOTR
>>
>>389554638
I think the big issue of the combat in R3 is that you have to earn the depth first.
When you start the game it feels like ass but once you get stuff like countering or the improved demonhunter doging it becomes much, MUCH better.
Still, there are a lot of flaws like the PB-usual lack of impact in your attacks, how the combat becomes impossible to lose when you take a companion with you or how there isn't any "by level" enemy placement like you got in Gothic 1 and 2.
It also feels like some enemies are bugged or not properly programmed like how golems go down like little bitches when shot at.
>>
>>389555887
According to the people who got to try it out, it's about on par with the first Risen.

Personally I think the world design looks fucking weird, it seems like a strange mishmash of pretty much everything they could think of.
>>
>>389555887
Pretty damn unreleased.
>>
>>389555887
>coming out in 5 weeks
Whoa what the fuck. That creeped up on me.
>>
>>389554638
the problem of 3 is how piss easy it is, especially if you go with demon hunters who are a fucking gods at everything at once on top of having teleport dodge
>>
>>389555887
-Their biggest game yet (1.5x the size of Gothic 3)
-Combat looks Risen 3'ish
-More Gothic than anything in Risen
-''Their darkest game yet''
-Multiple endings like in Gothic 3
-No DLC/Addon/Day-1 Preorder Bonus stuff planned/ Once the game is out you get everything
-Piranha Bytes are already working on the next game (Either ELEX 2 or something else)
-Game got delayed because the console version needed fixing and they took extra time to also test the combat to make sure it needs no emergency day 1 patch so its probably mostly bugfree
-Quests get designed with the goal to always offer multiple solutions and choices also effect the world/ending you get and what people think about you

People who played it at gamescom say its their best game since Gothic 2 or atleast onpar with Risen 1. Atleast it seems far better than Risen 2 and 3.
>>
>>389556679
>-Their biggest game yet (1.5x the size of Gothic 3)
Disgusting, the thing about PB games is not world size but detalization and i can fucking bet it will be as empty as G3.
>>
>>389556135
I haven't played expansion-less G2 but NOTR just made you power up slower, didn't it? Isn't that the biggest difficulty change from G2 with increasing cost for further levels of strength and similar?

The expansion area didn't seem like a bit jump in difficulty compared to let's say Dragon's Dogma Bitterblack.
>>
>>389556679
Cautiously optimistic, THQ Nordic is a pretty good publisher too. Much better that Deep Silver at least.
>>
>>389556905
NOTR buffed everyone but you and also made leveling more expensive.

So yeah. It was a huge difficulty increase.
Mage playthrough in vanilla G2 was so easy that it broke the game way before you reached the halfpoint.
>>
I could never put my finger on what i liked about this game. It's gameplay was horrendous, it was ugly as fuck, and the quests and world were boring as fuck. And yet I still played it loads.
>>
how is the combat in these games?

is it shit like in TES series?
>>
>>389557105
Yes but in different ways.
>>
>>389557105
Gothic 1 is clunky due to shitty control scheme but workable after you get used.

Gothic 2 was okayish and even quite fun albeit simplistic. The controls also got better.

Gothic 3 is completely broken until you get fanpatch and then it's nothing special.

Risen 1 has okay combat with more options than Gothic 2 but it's still not as good as proper ARPGs like Dragon's Dogma and gets kinda repetitive.

All of those I played.
>>
>>389557459
Combat in R2&3 is sort of like the one in Witcher 3 but without any oomph behind it and everything feels kinda floaty and mechanic.
>>
>>389556345
I liked the base where there are mechas walking
>>
>>389558202
And them you have the main character fighting in viking clothes with a mace
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.