[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best of his genre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 19

File: 7273627.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
7273627.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
best of his genre?
>>
>>389545879
this game is for autists.

If you want something good go play Grim Dawn or Van Helsing Final Cut.
>>
>>389546460
>i-it's too complex for m-me you autist
>>
>>389545879
It's alright. The dev team is incompetent though, except the composer.
>>
>>389545879
Diablo 3 is great as well, both are top tier
>>
>>389546616
They're not blizzard at least
>>
File: 1501732517659.gif (999KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1501732517659.gif
999KB, 500x267px
>>389546529
stop acting like a fucking idiot.

Whole economy and crafting system is designed with autists and whales in mind. Fuck off.
For years instead of new locations, enemies, even fucking better lookingm inimap they were focusing on creating more shitty cosmetics and items to grind and pay for.

Amount of shit you have to do to wrap your mind around current state and value of currencies alone is fucking sad.

I've played it for 190hrs. Fuck off.
>>
>>389545879
That's not diablo 2
>>
>>389545879
D3 has much better combat but worse everything else
So no path of exile is not the best and D3 also isnt in fact there is currently no modern "best" of this genere. Cause blizzard messed up and the competition doesnt get combat.
>>
>>389547801
diablo 2 is not the best
i say the best is titan quest or grim dawn
>>
>>389548121
TQ and GD both bored the everloving shit out of me
>>
>>389546460
GD expansion fucking when? The wait is killing me.
>>
>>389545879
Objectively yes.
Subjectively I have more fun with Grim Dawn.
>>
>>389545879
Ever since the Oriath updade the game runs like shit on my toaster laptop, which is really a bummer because I liked it beforehand. Anything I can do? Been trying to play on minimum graphic settings and all, and it doesn't really get better.
>>
>>389548186
I did not like Diablo 2. What now?
>>
>>389548321
With PoE having a SSD is by far the most important thing.
I dont think you can put that into your laptop somehow?
>>
>>389545879
I'm having more fun with Grim Dawn.
Just need the expansion...
>>
>>389548435
yeah at least you can have some kind of closure with that game.
There's always something to grind for, but as a whole it's a normal game you can complete and move on if you like.
Grind is ok, but PoE takes it on a whole new fucking level.
>>
Diablo 3:ros>poe>gd>tq>diablo 2>torchlight 2
>>
>>389548576
I love grinding and just having an excuse to play, but holy hell maps can be REALLY fuckin' boring in PoE. I guess it really comes down to how much fun you're having with your build, but I could never have that much fun with the abilities in PoE.
>>
File: 1501066887303.png (307KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1501066887303.png
307KB, 427x427px
>all those GD shitters came to shitpost about something that they dont understand
Grim dawn is nice and comfy game, with some unique (not that unique actually, most of stuff straight from tq) mechanics that no other game has to offer,

but you cant fucking say with serious face that its better then poe, your game is either an auto attack>trigger explosions clownfiesta or exactly same but with minions. Thats fucking it even expansion wont change and you know it.

That doesnt mean grim dawn is bad, its just different gameplay with different feel going for it. But should stop acting like you know shit about poe
>>
>>389548753
huh
>>
File: 12312314124123.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
12312314124123.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>389548909
>all people are saying that they like playing Grim Dawn more
>nobody shits on PoE or anything
>PoE autist comes to the rescue anyway

Cant make it up
>>
>>389548909
>all those GD shitters came to shitpost about something that they dont understand
are you mentally capable of anything beyond strawmanning, you fuck?
>>
>>389548909
GD has better gameplay.
PoE is literally "I need my 6 socket gems to put all these support skills into one ability xD" and spam that ONE ability for 100+ hours while obtaining Life and Speed buffs so you don't get one shot by that one powerful mob and run around like sonic.
>>
>>389549005
you're on 4chan people will point out when you're wrong anon
poe is objectively better, grim dawn is still a great game
>>
>>389549098
continue watching streamers then.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (385KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
385KB, 1024x576px
>>389548207
SOON(TM)

>Its arrival is fast approaching now as we near content complete and hit the grinder on polish and bug fixing.
From their most recent update two days ago. Knowing them, it could be within the month.
>>
grinding is an affront to god
>>
>>389546529
>complex
rotfl, following cookie cutter builds and mashing health potions sure is hard
entire genre is nothing but a mobile game tier timewaster
>>
>>389549831
THIS
>>
>>389549831
every game is a time waster, what you trying to prove here idiot?
or you play popular genre games only? only those that played by others? why the fuck you should care how others waste their time?
>>
Is it fine to go Demo only in Grim Dawn ?
>>
>>389550936
Depends on what you want to do. There isn't much reason to stick with only one class but one-class builds can be viable.
>>
>>389550495
I like competetive genres like fighting games where through playtime you actually gain skill, not some abstract currency that makes the game automatically piss easy
enjoy right clicking on mobs
>>
>>389551000
I dont know much about the game, im still only 8h on it and i play sporadically.
I hope there is a skill for holding a gun in each hands.

also nice trips.
>>
>>389551325
>I hope there is a skill for holding a gun in each hands
Not yet but there will be with the upcoming Inquisitor class in the expansion. Until then, there are items you can craft/find that allow you to dual-wield ranged weapons.

I would recommend checking out the Build Compendium on the GD forums to find some builds you think are interesting.
>>
>>389549831
you do realize there are times where you just want to kinda releaxe and not worry about thinking everything through and making always the right split second decisions? This happens when you are a couple of years in the "adult" work life. On the weekend is where you play demanding stuff .. in a work week many people just want to relaxe dude.
You need some experience to get this but its the way it is.
>>
File: Kitava2.png (588KB, 906x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kitava2.png
588KB, 906x1080px
>>389545879

Yes. Hopefully they bring the 3 scrapped minor gods to the Pantheon system soon. Most obviously Shakari who was supposed to be in Oasis, which is now a completely optional area.

If you have a shit connection or can't otherwise play online all the time, pick Grim Dawn instead. Its an improved Titan Quest, although still has some of the problems of TQ's gameplay.
>>
File: 1504349232346.png (173KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1504349232346.png
173KB, 2688x2688px
>>389547084
>For years instead of new locations, enemies, even fucking better lookingm inimap they were focusing on creating more shitty cosmetics and items to grind and pay for.
They've done all that shit and more retard
>>
>>389551518
if you actually enjoy it then good for you, it's just not my kind of thing
>>
Diablo 2 > Grim Dawn > Poop > PoE/D3
>>
File: BansheeIdeas.png (560KB, 1600x694px) Image search: [Google]
BansheeIdeas.png
560KB, 1600x694px
>>389549098

>"Lol this game is too easy just trade the best items and follow the most OP build on the net."
>"Ok, play SSF league then, good luck finding a fully 6 linked item there."
>"Wtf this game requires you to grind too much you die way too much trial and error gameplay artificial difficulty!"

Every time.
>>
>People acting like Grim Dawn is anything special

come on. You max out passives and toggled skill then use the same attack skill with maybe a debuff then watch your devotion abilities automatically activate on hit. the story is also an unmemorable borefest i can barely recall after putting 200hrs in it
>>
>>389545879
Maybe now.
Pre-patch vanilla D3 when the game was impossible and nobody knew any builds was the best in my opinion because the gameplay was actually engaging, instead of D2X, PoE, D3 post-patch and practically every other game in the D2-clone genre which was all the same shit:
>Spam one offensive skill endlessly, every situation is approached the same.
>Enemies and bosses are either helpless weaklings or one-shot you with any skill or even basic melee, meaning endgame combat always breaks down and devolves to maintaining leech equilibrium to survive harder content.
>Just run into packs and smash attack, literally.

Pre-patch D3 felt like a different game in those first few precious weeks:
>Elite packs will fuck you completely in seconds, however not so fast you can't escape death, and their regular melee abilities are weak -- special skills and modifiers are the real danger.
>Modifiers MUST be taken into account and avoided at all costs, leading to a constant engaging safety dance of trying avoid various projectiles and ground effects, while trying to deal damage.
>Take too long and they enrage and one-shot you, you must try to apply DPS constantly while minimizing damage.
>Some modifier combinations were such bullshit, they could really change your approach.
>No bullshit constant life-leech builds yet.
>Must employ every skill and trick in your wheelhouse and potentially re-think your strategies and build once you get your asshole pushed-in repeatedly by a fucking basic bumblebee in Act 2 Inferno.
>>
>>389552435
to be honest, these are the inherent flaws of the game.
you either play the trading game or you play the luck/time game. they need some incentives for ssf like lowering the npc currency prices but making it that you can't switch away from ssf or something.
>>
>>389552435
It's true though. PoE is designed around trading.
>>
>>389546460
>Van Helsing Final Cut
VH is legit one of the worst ARPGs out there and AT BEST is mediocre as fuck. How shitty is your taste that out of all ARPGs you choose to recommend fucking Van Helsing?
>>
>>389549605
Can't wait to pirate this
>>
File: Ralakesh.png (2MB, 2599x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Ralakesh.png
2MB, 2599x1210px
>>389552604

>they need some incentives for ssf like lowering the npc currency prices but making it that you can't switch away from ssf or something.

Problem gets mitigated when SSF league characters share the same stash. Meaning your first character farms and finds whatever uniques, you get one good unique that doesn't fit your current character so you start thinking of creating a SSF character using that particular unique.
>>
>>389552746
I hope you enjoy the game, friend!
>>
>>389545879
>best of his genre?
By far... if you like grinding and are willing to invest couple of hundred hours, it will keep you entertained for several thousands of hours. Or atleast it used to for me. I havent really enjoyed the game that much since the rise of the clear speed meta, for past 1.5 years i've played 1-3 weeks at the start of leagues if i havent skipped them altogether.
>>
File: lsdas.jpg (486KB, 960x786px) Image search: [Google]
lsdas.jpg
486KB, 960x786px
>>
>>389553271

Thats a thing in the entire genre, D2 also provokes these periods of serious addiction, then you get like a half a year or a year of being burned out of the game. But the addiction eventually comes back, playing this genre tends to come in waves.
>>
>>389545879
>his.
FUCK YOU, just when I thought I forgot about him. ;_;
>>
Why can't they make the game like Hellgate: London or Borderlands, but good and complex?
I have enjoyed HG:L, but it was so broken.
>>
>>389553276
The diablo 2 player sawing at the roots
>>
>>389553662

Because if the stats on your gear determine the performance of your character, gunfighting feels like you're shooting peashooters. And if the gunfighting determines the performance of your character, then the rpg loot elements have to be very light as to not veer the gameplay too far away from being fun.
>>
>>389547084
>For years instead of new locations, enemies, even fucking better lookingm inimap they were focusing on creating more shitty cosmetics and items to grind and pay for.
They literally more than doubled the size of the main campaign like a month ago. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>389552495
You forgot
>harder difficulties are gear check
>you have to buy gear for real money or be stuck in endless loop of farming
And for me, because I mained WD it was also
>spam Zombie Bears only, all other options yield much less dps
Unless you used bot - that's another story.
>>
>>389549605
What the fuck does this game offer ? I'm stupid rich in Harbinger now so I'm looking for something else to sate my thirst of looting and killing.
I have also never played Titan Quest
>>
>>389547084

Confirmed to not have played since beta.

https://youtu.be/x5_NiG-tMUE
>>
>>389550936
It's not only viable, but downright unfair, because of how strong this class is on early difficulties.
Not many people play pure, they take about 20 nodes in another class to support it.
>>
>>389553947
is the most stupid. got it.
>>
i like the game, but have a lot of issues with it. there's so many skills that they just nerf to shit and leave them dead forever while every league it's a newly added skill that is the best. it's highly annoying
>>
>>389554229

Its a decent Arpg with a bit slower combat, less interesting loot and less monster variety. Plus sides is you can play it offline, you can pick two classes like in Titan Quest and as an extra you have a star map which acts like an extra bonus passive tree on top of your passives. Its a game worth playing through at least once if you're fan of the genre.

Audiovisually its also not as good but to be fair they had much smaller budget and a team. It has couple of good songs:

https://youtu.be/zCDiITDjRy0
>>
>>389554453
but anon, why playing same thing over and over again in already pretty repetitive genre?
but i know the feel, got demonic reave mtx from free mystery box right after they nerfed it, for some bloody reason
>>
>>389554453

I'm just happy Dark Pact actually makes Summon Skeleton builds viable. Feels like playing Generals GLA again when I keep summoning armies of exploding suicide bombers.

https://youtu.be/-yHAg1UYMVA

Thats one request someone should make for GGG, replace skeletons with dynamite belt arabs.
>>
Yeah poe it's best of its genre, better than d2 aswell, people whining about hardcore or
>>389546460
are the reason d3 exists.
>>
>>389551518
>Working a fucking shitty 9-5
LMAOING @ ur life
>>
File: IMG_1833.jpg (486KB, 1417x1294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1833.jpg
486KB, 1417x1294px
>>389555094
>make Dark Pact for cool skellibombs
>people build marauder berserkers with 8k+ hp instead to use it
>>
PoE > Grim Dawn > D3 > TL

Haven't played van helsing
>>
>>389555620
>not working 12+ hr days
fucking casuals I swear to god
>>
Speaking of isometric RPGs, opinion on Divinity II? I see a lot of positiv reactions but I want to know you opinion /v/.
>>
Theorycrafting a build is fun.
Playing the game is not.
>>
It's pretty good. But the end-tier gameplay is very twitchy and like a bullet hell.

Majority of end-game builds at this point rely upon doing damage faster than you can take it, so, there's actually not all that much variation.

I kinda wish they'd slow the game down in favour of making it more fun and interesting, but, I guess people just wanna go fast.
>>
>>389556226
Div II and Div: Oiginal sin II are different gamES REEEEE

but it looks fun. imma get it if only to play as a skelly man
>>
>>389546529
>complex
the opposite
you'll spend the next 100 hours to grind for ONE spell, before getting fucked in the ass because it will be nerfed in the next patch
>>
>>389556617
you put that gem on and lvl it up as you play the game. the only ones actively grinding gems are chinese drones who then sell them
>>
File: 1501803609906.jpg (16KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501803609906.jpg
16KB, 542x540px
>>389556617
>meta rotation is bad
>playing in standard EVER
>>
>>389545879
Pure, unfiltered shit due to retarded camera angle.
>>
>>389545879
it is a very fun game im playin on hardcore right now , but the second act is really really bad , it's kinda like the act 3 of diablo 2...so boring it takes 20% off the game score
>>
>>389552985
Wait what the fuck. It ISN'T like that right now? I was going to play SSFHC properly next league but yeah fuck that. That's pants on head retarded.

>Find Shav's
>Yeah time to do some LL charact-oh wait
>>
>>389549513
>Someone is right
>"Lul he must watch streams xD"

Any idiot can point out that this game has shit abilities and that majority of the time it's just you running around spamming the same 2 abilities. One being your main spell, and the second some random ass mobility move.
>>
poe is probably the most enjoyable if you're looking to play it single player, as it's mechanics are fluid and it's very versatile in terms of builds. while not being a pay to win game (outside of a premium stash tab) you are able to access all of the content in the game for free. trading with other players is a very nice/well appreciated mechanic in a game about finding random loot. the servers are usually fairly stable. it can be as complex or as simple as you want it to be, depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

diablo 3 would be next up if you are looking for something to play with other people, as it's a very watered down game in terms of mechanics, but the overall game is better suited for party play. it isn't overly complicated and there isn't very much room for build diversity but it's fun if you're just looking to grind with friends.

grim dawn has a lot going for it, but it falls very hard because of the core mechanics that were carried over from titan quest. it's got a pretty decent atmosphere and the concept of class mixing, if you choose, is interesting but it's biggest downfall is how slow and clunky the game feels. when it comes to attacking or picking up items, it just feels like there is way too much delay/animation time in your actions and it just isn't acceptable when compared to other games of the genre.

diablo 2 is in a league of it's own. there's not much that needs to be said here, if you've played it you know why.

opinions
>>
>>389557487

> It ISN'T like that right now?

No you read it wrong, thats exactly how it is. Your SSF characters have a shared stash.
>>
>>389557862
Right. I thought the
>when
Was supposed to imply that it would get mitigated if it ended up like that in the future.
>>
This is my first league. Im addicted as hell. Got to maps ans got bored, so I beat the story in ssf. Now i just keep rerolling characters this shit is like crack
>>
>>389558196

Legacy League was nuts, wouldn't be surprised if they would bring it back as Legacy 2.0 just before next big expansion.
>>
>>389558276
>took a break after breach and missed legacy league
>missed out on buying that sweet legacy mtx
>>
>try out Oro's unique map where you have to clear levels before a certain time or you simply die
>fucking harbingers spawning inside it and wasting time

i'm slighly upset about this
>>
File: eksdee.png (18KB, 961x505px) Image search: [Google]
eksdee.png
18KB, 961x505px
>>389555094
>Dark Pact
>skelly viable

Vaal skellies are the only worthwhile skellies for DP. If you want to play skellies it's dead reckoning or not at all
>>
>>389558935
Harbies in Oba's is fine

5 Essence mob with life regen was where things get silly
>>
File: ntMewCH.jpg (35KB, 243x483px) Image search: [Google]
ntMewCH.jpg
35KB, 243x483px
Why the fuck can't Runic Games, the people who are responsible for Torch Light and whose staff comprises of mainly people from Blizzard North, the devs behind Diablo and Diablo II, make a spiritual successor to Diablo II? And I don't mean more of this cartoony bullshit, either. I'm talking about a game with a serious, dark, gothic, hell-on-earth atmosphere like the first two games paired with Matt Uelman's dark atmospheric sound track.

I want a true Diablo II successor. I tried Path of Exile and couldn't for the life of me get into it. It's no where near as polished, the music is boring and generic (even playing D2 music in the background doesn't help), I don't like the super in-depth skill tree, fucking everything is socketed and it doesn't hold my attention for long.
>>
>>389559729
>make a spiritual successor to Diablo II

because the PVP is what kept D2 alive for so long, not the story. heck, rushing people through the story so they could do chaos runs and powerlvl for PVP is the easiest money you could make
>>
>>389560101
Maybe so, but the story and lore were still good.
>>
File: IMG_5303.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5303.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>SSF btw

Is there any phrase more pretentious?
>>
>>389560376
Trading shitter who can't do anything on his own found.
>>
They made it too easy.
This was the first league I was able to kill Shaper.
>>
>>389560652
>I'm a vaping and crossfitting vegan. SSF btw

This is what you sound like.
>>
>>389561030
Sweet projection, did you buy that through trade too?
>>
File: 1471578495849.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471578495849.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>389546460
>playing Van Helsing with WASD movement.
I dream of a day where I can do this with every game in the genre.
>>
>>389554229
The game offers more builds than you can count, also MODS, FUCKING MODS. It's easier to mod this game than Torchlight 2 for fuck's sake.

Also all the classes from Titan quest can be modded into the game.

Oh man I'm going to play this right now.
>>
>>389548909
Yeah no, GD has aa triggers but that doesn't mean you don't have pure skills as well, you're basically saying that having more options in GD somehow makes it worse than poe.
>>
>tfw we are back to being Path of Life Node
>>
>>389545879

No.

You just make one crazy spell than spam it all day while walking through pointless randomly generated mazes for a tiny chance at loot. Well, that and trade chat.

The spells you can make are really neat, but you still just spam it thoughtlessly no matter what it is you eventually make, and you invest so much into one spell that the others are hardly worth using, if at all.
>>
>>389552435
But he's right, poe is designed around trading, so much that their whole cash shop sales is driven by the premium stash which is the one thing that makes trading bearable.

Builds themselves revolve around items rather than your skill tree alone, you need the right unique with the right stats with the right sockets with the right links, you can't get that on SSF without severe autism.

Compare with GD where all you need is a proper star map path, proper stat placement and skills to make your build work.
>>
>>389549831
>>389550239
Even the worse game in the genre contradicts your statement. On D3 potions have a cooldown, on poe health flasks are useless after a certain level, so much it as become a design flaw on how you NEED lifesteal, GD has cd on potions AND you may end up running out of potions.
>>
>>389551325
I think there's a mod to be able to enable the gunslinger passive all the time, otherwise you will need to rely on items and artifacts that give this to you.

IMO it's the biggest problem on the game.
>>
>>389562065

>But he's right, poe is designed around trading,

The balance is more designed around co-op play than trading. And if you don't like either of them, SSF is a separate game mode that is always available. First people bitch that the game is too easy if you just look up a top-tier build and trade items for it, then say the game is too hard if you play a mode where you can't do that. What the fuck do they want from a game at that point?
>>
>>389552495
>precious weeks
You're joking right? The gear checks were so bad people used tyronael to be able to advance to new difficulties while relying on chests to get items.
>>
>>389560652
>He feels the need to PROVE he is superior to everyone else
If you wanna play Solo Self-found, I have nothing against you. But don't wave it around like a badge of honor.
>>
>>389562483
>The balance is more designed around co-op play than trading
Absolutely fucking not, I'll repeat you don't EVER find the proper unique with the proper stats and proper linked sockets, you farm the currency and trade them for it.

It's not even a fucking discussion, items on this genre are pretty important but because on poe your skills also rely on the items you are using thanks to the socket system you're outright forced to trade.

The whole point of SSF challenge is that you have to make it do with what you find.
>>
>>389562483
>SSF is a separate game mode
No, it isn't, because you can simply opt-out. A separate game mode would have rebalanced drop rates and mob power so as to fit a single-player experience. As is, drop rates are so pitifully bad that without trading, you'd need to farm divination cards for some shit you want/need for a build and those have such awful drop rates, it's better to just general clear maps. And at that point, it's better to make one of the like 3 builds that are really good at map clear and cost next to nothing to set up and wait for the cards you want from Diviner's Boxes.
>>
>>389546815
>"Works fine on my laptop"
You're right. They're worse
>>
>>389562893
>The whole point of SSF challenge is that you have to make it do with what you find.

Yeah. And you can play that if you don't like trading, so what is the fucking issue here?
>>
>>389563884
The fucking issue is that the game is not balanced around it, the fucking developers admit this.
>>
>>389564731
What's wrong with balancing around trading?

If SFF was just made half as difficult to compensate for the lack of gear it wouldn't mean anything.
>>
>>389562512
Yeah, it was fucked up, I don't disagree.
Gameplay was the best it ever was.
>>
>>389564731

Do you cry that your death is permanent in Hardcore too? The game isn't balanced around Hardcore either, but getting through it regardless is the whole point of playing Hardcore. If you want an easy experience you trade for those items and play with your friends. If you want a proper challenge you play HC and you play SSF.
>>
>>389564871
I wasn't the one complaining about the game being balanced around trading, I was just arguing that indeed the game is balanced around trading.

The fact that you NEED specific items to finish a build, exactly like on Diablo 3 is neither here nor there, it's a matter of taste, most other games in the genre such as torchlight, grim dawn, van helsing and so on are simply not like that however, they rely more on you knowing where to put your points to make a good build rather than needing a specific unique.
>>
>>389565094
>cry
Are you joking? I play on SSF myself even though I have the option to not to, I never said it bothers me I said what the developers themselves stated before.

And you're kidding yourself if you don't think that there's several players that think the game is balanced around HC.
>>
>>389562747
It is a badge of honor that you achieved your gear/status by yourself rather than through the easy way out by trading. People like you have no soul, you probably follow the most meta build too instead of trying out to be the best you can by theorycrafting.
>>
my only complaint so far (around lv25) is that you cant move until the animation is finished so kiting or diving in and out/teleporting around is really clunky
not that it matters since all i do is run forward and spam split arrow and kill everything on the screen in one hit but still (can't imagine how bad pvp must be)
>>
>>389564871
>What's wrong with balancing around trading?
ask vanilla D3
>>
>>389565516

>And you're kidding yourself if you don't think that there's several players that think the game is balanced around HC.

Oh I'm sure plenty of people who don't play HC think that. Reality is HC players overlevel and grind safe areas precisely because the game is not balanced with HC in mind. If it would be, you would afford to take more risks.
>>
>>389565973
You go debate that with them, let's see how many "shotcrow" insults you get. That's not even what I think about the game anyway.
>>
File: shots fired 3.jpg (20KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
shots fired 3.jpg
20KB, 720x486px
>>389565790
ouch
>>
>>389565342
There are viable builds that dont need uniques to function at all. Righteous Fire for example can take you far in PoE without needing a unique to function
>>
The only problem is that to get to bleeding end game most builds need either a fuckton of time/minmaxing or extremely expensive uniques.

I also wish they would stop actively trying to make the game less fun by doing shit like making bosses harder and reducing pack density.
>>
>>389566153

Theres nothing to debate, they're retarded, case closed.
>>
>>389565672
I theorycrafted my own Dark Pact Berserker before realizing it was a meta choice.
And cool, you proved you are better* than someone else at a video game. You could do that before they added the SSF option. Now, you can prove it. Congrats. I'm sure it will serve you well in life. I will personally never play SSF because of Masters. Getting those cuckolds to decent levels is just too painful solo.
*Willing to waste more time for the same results as someone of equal skill, also referred to as dedication among some circles
>>
>>389560101
if d2 had looked like torchlight it would have been forgotten ages ago
>>
>>389566383
>There are viable builds that dont need uniques
These are VERY few, and literally what one would call cookie cutter builds. Nice try but again, nope.
>>
File: burnguy.jpg (116KB, 624x392px) Image search: [Google]
burnguy.jpg
116KB, 624x392px
Post ARPG characters
>>
ssf players are garbage. see, they want you to know they play ssf because they are terrible at the game and need an excuse for why they can't progress content. see, the ssf player can't efficiently make currency and this upsets him. he plays ssf because he is bad at the game
>>
>>389568172
hold on let me start up dark souls 3
>>
>>389568460
I disagree. A decent number of people play Solo Self-found for various reasons. That said, the ones who play with SSF enabled are entirely in it to show off above all else. Even GGG uses it to make them look like they play their own game.
>For about a full day after Harbinger started, the #1 on the HC SSF ladder was a GGG employee playing a Blight build
>He also magically found an extra copy of the Spreading Rot Jewel (he got one from the Quest chick who gives you one) AND a pair of Alleleopathy (The Blight glove thing) on this character before hitting maps
The odds of him actually finding that shit on his first character of the League are so comically low that it's generally accepted that they were spawned in.
>>
Diablo II + LoD
Titan Quest + IT
PoE with all the patches
This is the holy trinity of the genre imo.
>>
You know that prophecy that allows you to vendor 5 uniques for another random one? I think that should be a recipe all the time due to the fact that a majority of the unique drops in this game are pretty much an Alchemy orb at best.
>>
File: IMG_1847.jpg (246KB, 1205x762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1847.jpg
246KB, 1205x762px
>>389568172
68 here. pls no touching
>>
>>389568460
I've gotten multiple SSF characters to shaper just this league, anon.
>>
>>389569335
I have 14 spreading rots in my SSF unique collection tab, and allelopathy are a very high drop chance unique on the level of shit like redbeak and bones of ullr.
>>
>>389548753
I'd swap Diablo 2 and 3 but that's because I'm a nostalgia fag
>>
>>389569717
>>389568172
Wait is this grim dawn? I genuinely thought it was some obscure early 2000's diablo clone
>>
>>389570310
the development took so long it might aswell be one
>>
>>389570310
Yes, that's Grim Dawn. It's literally Titan Quest, but better.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.