[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anticlimaticly whimpy bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: pushover.jpg (47KB, 455x400px) Image search: [Google]
pushover.jpg
47KB, 455x400px
ITT video game bosses and boss fights where in the game tells you the boss is incredibly powerful or this fight is supposed to be super challenging which in actuality is nothing of the sort.

Pic related, game spent more than half of it's time building up how powerful this guy supposedly is and then you just waltz into his ship and effortlessly kick his ass.
>>
It was an ironic deconstruction of the alt-right
Probably 2 deep for you
>>
Uhm that's because you're the unique Mary Sue immune to his powers.
>>
>>389545397
This OP is just a nazi too blind to see thats what it was about
>>
>>389545313
Should have played with the Restoration patch.

Also, you've missed the entire point of his character.

He's weak compared to you. While he is completely reliant on the Force, you are not, and thus you are able to kick his shit in. The boss fight starts with him trying to absorb you and choking on you.

You have failed Anon, completely and utterly.
>>
>>389545313
You missed the point entirely, in a way its supposed to be a let down
>>
>>389545313
that bossy too wimpy any boss not a sexy trap tey not gay, they have big boobs and some feline penis I love it but not wimpy bad unwaify I not like must jerk off so post sexy
>>
>>389545886
>>389545845
>its supposed to be a let down
>>
>>389545971
With the Restoration he's hell of a lot more powerful. Should have played the game the way it was meant to be played instead of the alpha.
>>
>>389545971
This is the lengths /v/ will go to defend their precious Obsidian
>>
>>389545963
I think you accidentally your sentence.
>>
>>389546042
>With the Restoration he's hell of a lot more powerful.
Wasn't a thing yet back when I played it.
>>
>>389546198
I just love a jerk off sexy need more sexy waifu as boss not wimpy boss that not sexy need bigger boobs and trap in games and sexy more sexy boob and can fap to it
>>
>>389546223
All the more reason to give it another shot now.
>>
>>389546345
Well I've still got my original copy, I wonder how this will run on a modern PC. A lot of games from this era don't run too well now.
>>
File: etreant.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
etreant.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>final boss of floor 25 and the main game
>entirely physical
>zero ailments other than the occasional bind
>very little damage except Root Cyclone which is very easy to predict
>>
He is extremely weakened in the circunstances where you fight him, because otherwise you would have no chance.

But yeah, I agree, the battle against him should have been much harder. However, to make him hard enough, he probably should also be the last boss or something, and it would mess with the plot.
>>
>>389546543
IIRC it's still kinda crash-prone but otherwise I don't remember having any issues with how it ran. If there's not compatibility stuff built into the restoration mod, there's probably stuff on GOG or elsewhere on the internet.
>>
File: NyxAvatar.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
NyxAvatar.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
To be fair this is valid almost all gods or god-like beings in JRPGs.
>>
>>389547489
If they made them genuinely hard people would cry. They already do against nyx
>>
File: 1263225773997.jpg (214KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1263225773997.jpg
214KB, 453x604px
>>389545313
Final Fantasy X
>hard-ass multi-stage fight to get through the shell
>tough series of aeons to beat down
>THIS IS MY FINAL FORM
>Yu Yevon is absolutely non-threatening offensively, all you need is a method of out-damaging a 9999 auto-heal
>>
>>389548352
I thought Braska's final aeon was actually hard.
>>
>>389548352
oh and I forgot the Jecht fight in the middle there which was also awesome.
>>
>>389545313
Why he's so weak makes sense but it does kinda stink. Sion makes up for it.
>>
>>389548352
god damn grandma
>>
>>389548208
I understand, but still, it makes the narrative cheaper.

Take Xenoblade for instance - the final boss that is the union of the two gods of the world is weaker than some side-quest bosses.

I think maybe one solution to this kind of thing where you want to put a final boss that is meant to be very powerful but also don't want to be too hard to everyone is to make an execuse to normally make him much weaker, but with the option to change events in the game to also fight against him with his full power, stronger than optional super bosses, if you want. Like it was in Star Ocean 2. However to find a suitable execuse for the boss being weak might be a problem in some plots.
>>
>>389548352
this. I remember beating him with my 3 least used characters because they had their 9999 limit breaks at the time
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.