[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Definitely Not a Shill, Lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: holdfastchu.jpg (34KB, 606x334px) Image search: [Google]
holdfastchu.jpg
34KB, 606x334px
[[NON PAID BUT BASICALLY SHILL THREAD, SHIFT+CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ]]

Hello again. I made a thread a little while ago "shilling" a game coming out soon that I want to do well.
It's the spiritual successor to the Napoleonic Wars expansion for M&B: Warband, and it features massive battles (200+ players per team from what I've seen) both on land and at sea.

It launches in (((Early Access))) with most of the features you'd find in NW on the 21st of September, and in this thread I will talk about it.
>>
Drink my diarrhea.
>>
File: holdfast2.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
holdfast2.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
This is a link to a Q&A they did on the game yesterday:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/589290/announcements/detail/1456208100716543369

So far (without breaking NDA) I can tell you:

>Massive land battles with 200 (probably more) players on each team
>Land battles usually naturally divide into several lines of line infantry, lines of light infantry and then rifle skirmisher squads
>There are also artillery units, officers who lead lines, flagbearers for co-ordination, carpenters to build and fortify stuff, musicians to buff and sergeants to heal

>Sea battles will several kinds of boats, the biggest we've seen so far can effectively hold 50 men who will load/fire cannons, help fight off boarding crews or board ships themselves
>There are also naval sieges where a navy will assault a team who are on an island fort

The tactics of battles feel weird accurate; in land battles you will see people naturally fire volleys at one another while rifles pick off stragglers or key targets, while artillery blasts the landscape.

Naval is also a matter of small ships screening the larger ships, as a expertly sailed small gunboat could wreak havoc on a big schooner if unchecked.

Cavalry and even bigger ships have been confirmed, but will not be implemented on launch.
>>
>>389544806
Shift+click hides the thread, my motivations for this game succeeding are purely sentimental/personal but from what I've played it's pretty fun.

The melee animations need a lot of work, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbprpZls3z4

Here's their trailer, I guess.
>>
>>389544967
>>389545045
Drink my hot acidic diarrhea through a novelty twisty straw.
>>
>>389545760
Thank you for the bump, I'd like people who loved NW (many of whom I've seen on /v/) to see this stuff.
>>
>>389546007
>thanks for the bump even though my thread is still on page 10

Retarded, shill, AND a newfag. Now start drinking my diarrhea.
>>
>>389546096
>SHILL SHILL SHILLLLLLLL

I'm not being paid to talk about this game, I'm talking about it because I've never seen it paid attention to here and I think people will like it. Please stop screeching SHILLLL at people who want to talk about video games.

Whenever I put the shift+cluck instructions in the top of the thread, it was so that people like you could just hide and go shitpost elsewhere.

Please try and be a better person, anon.
>>
>>389546225
Please try and drink my diahrrea.
>>
Thanks for the info OP I never knew this existed and liked the old mods on warband.
>>
>3 posters
>>
>>389546225
>11 Advertising (all forms) is not welcome
we already know where the hide thread and report buttons are, thank you
>>
>>389546337
Shut the fuck up, OP. This is just pathetic now.
>>
Honestly you neckbeards who come into threads just to shitpost are literal wastes of society and should just off yourself, anyways thanks OP will look into this.
>>
drink my diarrhea
>>
>>389546583
>IP count not going up
this is just pathetic OP
>>
>>389546225
drink my Daria too
>>
>>389546625
I've been on /v/ since 2006 and I've always taken no notice of all the shitposting but there's shit like this that makes me wonder if I should just browse reddit instead.
>>
>>389546583
Fucking SAD, OP. You have to drink my diarrhea
>>
>>389546728
>>389547009
But I'm not any of them. This isn't advertising, it's me talking about a game and showing content. Do you consider talking about nay game that isn't out yet "advertising?"

This board is further gone than I thought.
>>
>>389547117
My diahrrea needs to be further down your throat than I thought.
>>
So far the Blackwatch are back, although other than that there doesn't seem to be unique units yet (bayern, etc) but rather it's divided into various types between line and light.

More units to come, however, so it's probably grand.
>>
>>389544967
>So far (without breaking NDA) I can tell you:

This line by itself implies you're involved with the development in some way. In coming here to give exposure to the game, you are essentially advertising.

Go fuck yourself>>389546583
>>389547117
>>
>23 posts
>8 IPs
>>
File: lul.jpg (50KB, 1130x310px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
50KB, 1130x310px
>>389547474
It's in closed beta. They let many server owners from NW and members of several big regiments in NW (regiments essentially being the more "official" side of public matches) come and play in the run-up to the launch, you tinfoil hat fuck.
>>
>>389547571
Yes, one faggot is spamming his shitposts about how I am evidently a shill, other people are buying into it, a couple are genuinely interested (or telling the shill-boogeymen posters to fuck off)

It's a mess of a thread.
I guess I should have started with a BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP to actually gain an audience, huh.
>>
>>389547640
No. Stop playing the victim. It doesn't work in real life and it's really a turn off for people. Your game is shit and you advertising it and trying to pretend you aren't is shitty.
>>
>>389547640

Maybe you should've started on reddit.
>>
>>389547721
>>389547727

But it isn't my game. Where do you get off on the idea that anyone who posts a thread to talk about a game that isn't out yet is automatically a developer?
The developers-the relevant ones anyway-are some oldfags from the NW team at least one of which is an asshurt french dude who joined our teamspeak when we were playing a beta event to tell us to stop spamming musician classes.

I helped run a server back on NW, NW is now dead, this game is the spiritual successor and we had a nice thread about it a week ago. I dunno who you faggots are or why you want /v/ to be utterly devoid of chatter about video games, but have it your way I guess.

>>389547805
autism
>>
File: 1501847462002.png (44KB, 150x168px) Image search: [Google]
1501847462002.png
44KB, 150x168px
>>389547805
>>
>>389547640
Nobody cares about your shitty game and we're telling you as much. If you're too busy playing the blind retard victim card to notice, then you're definitely more suited for Reddit.

Also, you're being really rude not drinking his diarrhea.
>>
>>389547920
>playing the blind retard victim card

What are you even trying to imply by that? Why are you even still in this thread? If you are that assblasted by it why not just report it and move on? If it's seen as advertising it'll be deleted and you can get back to the 19 other /b/ tier threads that you're used to, buddy.
>>
So just how much diarrhoea drinking is in this game? I ask because there's none in this thread even though OP really should be slurping it down.
>>
>>389547994
I'm actually taking a shit so I got nowhere to be, friend. I'll be here until the thread gets deleted or you fucking drink my fucking diarrhea already.
>>
What's the default key to drink diarrhea? It says 'F' but that doesn't do anything.
>>
File: IMG_5660.png (17KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5660.png
17KB, 882x758px
>OP's thread about to 404
>he never even drank my diarrhea
>not even a sip
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.