[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Metal Gear was the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: metal_gears.png (1MB, 2924x280px) Image search: [Google]
metal_gears.png
1MB, 2924x280px
Which Metal Gear was the best?
>>
Rex
>>
The Shagohod is technically not a Metal Gear.
>>
RAY
>>
File: 099.jpg (948KB, 1280x1829px) Image search: [Google]
099.jpg
948KB, 1280x1829px
>>389543078
Irving is the most practical and cool.
>>
Rex.

ST-84 was pretty damn cool and intimidating.
>>
File: Metalgeargander.jpg (22KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
Metalgeargander.jpg
22KB, 480x431px
>>
>>389543204
What are the defining characteristics of a Metal Gear? Onboard reactor?
>>
File: latest.png (107KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
107KB, 800x550px
Who /tx-55/ here? It's the most practical one of them all.
>>
Ray. Though I feel the Shag is more practical.
>>
>>389543246
>cannot launch nuclear warheads
>>
>>389543303
Legs for locomotion. Mainly bipedal but that's not strictly necessary.
>>
>>389543303
Being part of the Metal Gear line. The Shagohod came before that. Also being a walking robot. Mind you I'm not bothered by OP putting him there, my autism just commanded me to point it out.
>>
>>389543078
Excelsus.
>>
>>389543168
fpbp
>>
>>389543204
>>389543303
Metal Gear is defined as a mobile nuclear platform

Since the Shagohod could walk into enemy countries and self destruct it qualifies.

Still fucking stupid, you think any country would just let a walking tank within detonation range of any populated cities? What about Islands like the UK?
>>
>>389543469
That's what makes it practical.
>>
File: Ninja_(Metal_Gear).png (85KB, 333x243px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_(Metal_Gear).png
85KB, 333x243px
I really don't understand what the big deal with the Metal Gear is, when the series keeps proving that Cyborg Ninjas are a lot better alternative.
>>
>>389543654
The point of Metal Gear is to launch nuclear warheads, you idiot.
>>
Why can't I play mgs3? I can't get into it
>>
>>389543627
>Though the Shagohod had similar capabilities to the Metal Gear series of mecha, it was not a precursor but a parallel development; it was developed by Dr. Sokolov at a secret base located three miles west of Tselinoyarsk under Nikita Khrushchev's orders. His peer and self-proclaimed rival Director Granin conceived the Metal Gear concept at approximately the same time, but Colonel Volgin favored Sokolov's design over Granin's after the latter idea failed to produce immediate results, and secretly planned to steal the prototype as well as capture Sokolov. This is possibly due to the fact that, though a walker like Metal Gear would ultimately prove to be a far more versatile system, the Shagohod was only an unusual combination of technologies that already existed at the time (tanks, ground effect craft, IRBMs, and booster rockets), as opposed to an unrealized idea requiring years or even decades of research (as well as large amounts of money) to produce.
Stolen from some wiki. The Shagohod is not part of the Metal Gear line.
>>
>>389543775
Because the writing is so stupid that you can't bring yourself to play the game
>>
>>389543678
Fox couldn't take on Rex, Olga didn't even start, and Raiden took out a bunch of miniatures I guess. Still mad about Chico being taken out of V since he was supposed to be the games ninja character.
>>
>>389543678
It would take a cyborg ninja a lot longer than a nuke to kill a whole city.
>>
>>389543881
I just feel it's so weak in everything compared to 1&2
>>
>>389543678
I think that was brought up in MGR
>>
>>389543901
>Fox couldn't take on Rex
Only because he was unfinished, on medication and damaged from his fight with Snake.
>Raiden took out a bunch of miniatures I guess
Until Revengence where he tosses a ray several meters up in the air, and that was in his old combat gear.
>>
>>389543775
I used to love it, more than 2 even, but for some reason as a grown man I can't really enjoy it.
>>
>>389543909
That is why you send more then one Cyborg Ninja
>>
>>389543775
Keep going. I have a similar problem every time I replay it since it's really slow gameplay-wise compared to 1 and 2. But at some point you are getting into the flow of the game and will have fun.
>>
>>389544120
Or just one metal gear
>>
File: MkII_Snatcher.jpg (20KB, 179x144px) Image search: [Google]
MkII_Snatcher.jpg
20KB, 179x144px
>>389543078
>>
>>389544198
why didn't otacon just go into the microwave hallway alone? snake didn't do shit once they got inside
>>
>>389543678
Because metal gears with mounted nukes can threaten nations
Cyborg ninjas cannot
>>
>>389543303
When has any Metal Gear gets powered by a reactor? They never mentioned any power source for them.
>>
>>389543678
Because all the cyborg ninjas in MGS series eventually turned to rebelling wild cards. Meanwhile metal gear does what ever it is ordered to do.
>>
>>389543204
Neither is Excelsus, though I still love it.
It's just a big walking tank that was rebadged as a Metal Gear to give it more street cred.
>>
>>389544928
Yeah, naming Excelsus a Metal Gear was a bit stupid, but at this point in the game nobody bothered anymore.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.