[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 35

File: world-of-warcraft-legion[1].jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-legion[1].jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong
>>
>>389541275
Nothing much, it's pretty good. It's still WoW however instead of somehow magically a better game so appeal is still limited.
>>
>>389541275
same thing that has gone wrong for about a decade now: activision
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1960x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1960x720px
Titanforging did, it completely ruined the game for anyone wanting to do even remotely challenging content.
>>
>>389541275
>recycled garrison mechanics
>RNG legendaries
>ability pruning made most classes less fun
>more rng on abilities
>titanforging
>even more rng
destroyed the warlock class wich was the one I main
there have been some saving graces but it was a big clusterfuck
>>
>>389541537
retarded
>>
>RNG
>World quests were okay for 2 weeks then it got boring shit
>Grinding for AP
>Emerald Nightmare being shit
>Classes being absolute shit in the beginning on top of that Legendaries were either made you god tier dps or shit tier and if you got shitty legendary you could not even participate in raiding because of the shittier dps.

Quit after 2 months because I could not take it anymore. The leveling part was really good though, I'm waiting for the next expansion.
>>
Legendaries being so defining and so RNG at the same time. Same with the titanforging. You could play more than the other guy in your guild who's also the same spec as you and he could have way better gear than you simply because he got lucky.
>>
The past 4 expansions.
>>
Making expansions and patching the base game.
>>
>>389541275

They designed themselves into a corner years ago and the game has been forever ruined,
The only way to fix it would be to remove a shit load of items that people paid for with real money which is impossible.
Legion was just the continuation of their utter incompetence.
>>
>>389541275
Blizzard is way too scared about not being able to churn out enough content, so they fucked everything up.
>>
>25 days played at 110
>still don't have any of the top tier legendaries for holy priest (cloak, trinket, amulet, pants).

Stupid system.
>>
>>389542887

The fuck are you taking about? The only things you can buy with real money are cosmetics. Or does someone having a different mount than you bother you that much?
>>
Most of the people hit the nail on the head here, but missed a very important thing. Let's say you get lucky with RNG. Titan forged, perfect legendaries, great parsing, all that. Then you get into raids. You are topping the charts.

Well there's no fucking point because after all of that work, it's the same shit you've been doing for 12+ years on the same engine. The same game. Nothing is new except the guild you're in, and how soggy it truly is. Watered down, boring, unfun raids with the kind of people that still play this game, enough said.

There were better times, and this particular expansion, despite the vast amount of content it offers, is just boring.
>>
>>389543123
So, if demons don't actually die outside of the twisting nether what's stopping the Legion from waiting a thousand years, spawning five quintillion imps and then attacking Azeroth?
>>
>>389543235
Woops didn't mean to quote anyone
>>
>>389541275
Wow being free when? I don't want to pay for this shit
>>
>>389543209
>Great parsing
>High ilvl
Lol, he doesn't know
>>
>>389543235
Nothing, Blizzard just needed a reason to recycle villains.
>>
>>389541543
>destroyed the warlock class wich was the one I main

This pissed me off so much. Warlock was my favorite to play and the class I needed the most action bars for and then they dumbed it down by removing almost every ability and making the rest spec specific.

>Meta demo gets tossed because DHs need to feel special
>New demo has awkward as shit rotation and is just overall less fun.
>>
TBC was a mistake
>>
>>389543235
Well now the main reason is that a Titan world soul helps speedboost the process of rebirth.
>>
File: DEwPZVeV0AEpY1Q.jpg (108KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DEwPZVeV0AEpY1Q.jpg
108KB, 1024x576px
>Waaah, the demons keep coming back
>But it's okay for players to respawn over and over
>>
>>389542582
>You could play more than the other guy in your guild who's also the same spec as you and he could have way better gear than you simply because he got lucky.
If you play SIGNIFICANTLY more than him, then that literally will not happen.
If you play SLIGHTLY more than him, you don't have any right to automatically be better geared.
>>
>>389543734
speak for yourself fag, other than the pet pathing issues i enjoy new demo a lot more than i did "shitty discount mage: shadow edition"
>>
File: 1408676939979.jpg (62KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1408676939979.jpg
62KB, 744x615px
>There is people itt who aren't 945 ilvl

Why are you even playing? Go back to LoL or something casual
>>
>>389543235
that's covered in game, that's why we're goign to argus otherwise they can just wait us out
>>
>>389544063
>wow isn't casual
what did he mean by this
>>
>>389544063
>he still playing WoW
lol
>>
>>389544063
why would i spend effort doing the gear threadmill in a shit game
>>
>>389543734
>Hey guys! In Legion we're going to redesign all the specs from the ground up so we're not stuck with legacy flaws from 2004!
>Somehow every single spec ended up significantly worse
>"Class fantasy" just pigeonholed a wide variety of lore into a single rigid story
>Sunwalkers? Fuck you you're a paladin now
>Honored soul priests? Fuck you you're a caclking tentacle monster now
Current WoW team needs to be purged. Get some talented people back in here.
>>
File: IMG_4282.png (295KB, 355x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.png
295KB, 355x483px
>>389541543
>destroyed the warlock class wich was the one I main
>was debating coming back to Pvp on my Affliction lock
Painful news, but not shocking. At least I can ignore the itch to resub knowing I'm saving myself from misery
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>389544154
>>389544224
>>389544180
>He sits and watch the /v/ catalogue all day for a WoW thread
>When there isn't one, he's angry there isn't one where he can parrot negative opinions and shitpost memes, so he goes into a OW thread if there is one
>Gets angry at others success because he lost control of his life playing the game
>Forever salty that people can enjoy something he can't
>>
Imagine how much content might've been added if they didn't waste their manpower and money on FUCKING PIXAR ANIMATIONS
>>
>>389541275
EVERYTHING is fucking timegated holy shit
>>
It's the best of the worst expansions tbqh
>>
File: 1415397163792.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1415397163792.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>389544301
gottem good
>>
>>389543235
Nothing. We're going to Argus and "forcing the hand of fate" for that very reason. Defeating Argus will lead to Illidan becoming the jailor of Sargeras and put a lid on the Burning Legion's operations.
>>
File: 1504572366423.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1504572366423.gif
87KB, 480x270px
They removed the fact you were forced to socialize with people in order to progress.

I just resubbed for the first time in a year and haven't had to type into chat once in the past week.
>>
File: 1502364566846.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502364566846.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>>389544301
>OP post literally says "What went wrong"
>angry that people doesn't like the game at its current state
played for 3 months after launch
never again
>>
>>389544451
Let's see that cutting edge Helya and Gul'dan then
>>
>"wahh give me something to do besides sit in my garrison"
>gives you shit to do
>still complain
>most of the whiners haven't even stepped foot into a Mythic raid or even cleared heroic and most won't get their challenge skin before the expansion is over
>>
realm community is dead
I know its been dead for a long while and its not a problem specific to Legion, but it is whats kept me from coming back to wow
>>
>>389544530
what if the content is just straight out bad
>>
File: 1501603908591.jpg (5KB, 188x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501603908591.jpg
5KB, 188x200px
>>389544497
>haven't played in a year
>mfw there are so many solo quests and flying achievements I gotta do I only have to idle in LFR and minimum effort for heroics to get it all done
>people think 10 man raiding is the only thing to do in the game
>>
>>389544301
>when you want to damage control for free so hard you have to resort to projecting
par for the course for the dumb animeposter
>>
File: CNMt2SqWoAADhzt.jpg (53KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
CNMt2SqWoAADhzt.jpg
53KB, 600x778px
>>389544594
>People play WoW for other reasons than raid
>>
>>389544701
Mythic+ is much more interesting.
>>
>level my Druid to 110 yesterday
>Already 890 ilvl with a 930 weapon

I'm having fun. I'm almost Normal ToS ready after a day.
>>
>>389544760
It really isn't, you're not rewarded to go past +10 / +15
>>
>>389544768
Catchup mechanics are great, feels like I can finally bother with a alt without it feeling like a waste of time or time that should be spent on my main
>>
>with somewhere like 10-15 legendaries per class, it can take the whole expansion to even get the legendary that you want or even need
>specs require a lot of time and artifact power investment to even be viable and with no way to predict what's going to happen to your spec, whether or not it will get nerfed for instance, playing any dps spec is basically a crapshoot until you read the patch notes of a major patch and find out if you need to start working on your other artifact or not
>arbitrary timegating and rep gating (this isn't that much of a problem anymore since most of it has been removed, including the suramar questline), worst offender being the broken shore questline that took 11 weeks to complete with one new quest per week
>after doing your daily and weekly shit, there's little incentive to keep playing other than to check in occassionally. leveling an alt only allows temporary respite from your chores as eventually you will be faced with the same problem on your alt as well and eventually you'll be doing the same weekly daily chores multiple times per day just to get them done
>everything you do you in game ultimately has no value as eventually everything will be either removed or replaced by content patches, expansions and the eventual switching off of the servers so you might as well not even bother at all
>>
File: 1501056988742.jpg (18KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
1501056988742.jpg
18KB, 464x266px
>>389544701
>he doesn't play video games for fun
>mfw raiding is cancer unless you got a group of RL friends
>>
A surprisingly small amount of issues that tremendously hampers the game.
>>
File: 1502398660639.jpg (201KB, 800x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1502398660639.jpg
201KB, 800x1347px
>>389544932
>Implying I would play if I didn't find raiding fun
>Implying I'm that much of a assburger that I can't socialize and get to know new people and have to rely on irl friends to have fun online
>>
>>389544919
>>everything you do you in game ultimately has no value as eventually everything will be either removed or replaced by content patches, expansions and the eventual switching off of the servers so you might as well not even bother at all
raiding is fun to do and having an actual gear treadmill is healthy for an mmo, the problem with legion is that raiding isn't good or fun at all
>>
>>389544919
>with somewhere like 10-15 legendaries per class, it can take the whole expansion to even get the legendary that you want or even need

Two of my friends have every single legendary for their main spec. Doing things right, you can get an almost guaranteed legendary drop just about every 14 days, because of bad luck protection and the things that increase the counter.
>>
>>389545409
Even with that, there is still no way to actively go after a specific legendary. Even if you take all the necessary steps to speed up the legendary process, getting the one you want even by your count can take any where betwee 2 weeks or 20 weeks.
>>
am I the only one that just hates how much shit we have to do now? I know people complained about lack of content during warlords, but now I feel like i'm drowning in shit, making it impossible to really commit to an alt.

was having fun before 7.2 hit. now I'm just logging in, doing what's needed, then logging out.
>>
I'll tell you why nuWoW is shit.
I came back to the game last week after taking a few months off. I did Tomb LFR both weeks and the only tier pieces I got were shoulders, both weeks. I even bonus rolled and still just shoulders. Fuck this shit game.
>>
File: 1488315539653.jpg (90KB, 852x552px) Image search: [Google]
1488315539653.jpg
90KB, 852x552px
>>389545409
>durr if you do things right it'll only take up to a year of underperforming to be able to do acceptible levels of dps
>and even then you're not allowed to use an offspec
>the system is fine
>>
>>389545796
gear drops have always been random you dumb shitstain
>>
>>389544063
I'm 934 and I literally play once or twice a week for a couple hours, I don't even raid kek
>>
>>389541275
Artifact power and gold inflaction, the rest is pretty good desu
>>
File: kek.png (20KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
20KB, 592x492px
>>389544063

>wasting your life "hardcore" playing a 13 year old game
>>
>>389544063
915 is enough to nuke everything in the world. Anything beyond that just makes it faster.
>>
Mythic is too hard, but Heroic is too easy. I wish the world first race would fucking stop because I find that it makes raiding much more of a chore for the rest of the players since the final difficulty must be super hard in order to present a challenge to the poopsockers.
>>
Replace legendaries with a questline like the WoD ring or the MoP cloak and maybe it would of been good. Not being able to play my prefered spec until I get a certant rng legendary is a joke.
>>389543235
They already have a unlimited supply of demons its just lazy writing
>>
>>389541275
>They went out of their way to make a worse version of Garrisons.
>Long tedious questlines with gating out the ass and long-winded talking segments that are completely 100% required.
>Intrusive phasing absolutely everywhere.
>Sharding players into completely different servers, even if they're in the same fucking group.
>World Quests are Pandaria Dailies, but worse.
>Classes have been pruned down to random.com levels of interactivity.
>"Class Fantasy" is created to explain away all of Blizzard's blatant incompetence whenever anything involving classes comes up.
>Outright stealing skills from Diablo 3 and making them shittier and less interesting.
>Dumb spec overhauls that make no fucking sense, like turning combat into "Outlaw" and making it a pirate-themed spec when leather has no pirate-themed armor, or any kind of pirate themes at all.
>All of the classes are designed around making them unique, but they feel more the same now than ever.
>Completely gutted certain classes because they ran out of ideas for other classes, like giving "Verdent" sphere to mages because every idiot at Blizzard thinks Kael was a mage.
>Blatant class favoritism.
>A bloat of tedious, awful, content that no one wants to do.
>Shitty raids like EN and ToV.
>Gated content out the ass, the likes of which no other game has ever even attempted. "PATCH 7.2 DROPS TODAY! HAVE FUN PLAYING IT THREE MONTHS FROM NOW!"
>Retarded fucking story, as usual.
>Retarded cutscene bloat.
>War/Titanforging turning your drops into trash 99% of the time.
>Mythic+ means you get to run the same linear pos dungeon hundreds of times.
>The worst class balance and spec balance of any expansion.
>The worst itemization of any expansion.
>The most dumbed down expansion.
>PvP.
>An endless fucking grind for points that largely mean nothing.
>Legendaries being random fucking drops that redefine your class entirely. After nearly a year (32 days played) I finally got the bracers on my mage, right when my sub ran out.
>>
>>389545654
You can in a way go for specific legendaries, but it still comes down to luck. The gear tokens you buy can proc legendary items, and they will be a legendary of that gear slot. So lets say you really want Mantle of the Master Assassin and it's been a long while since you got a legendary? Spend all your Veiled Argunite on shoulder tokens and hope for the best. It's still not great, but it does help. I think every token you buy with Argunite (and the epic tokens from Nethershards previous patch) counts towards bad luck protection too.

>>389545850
I didn't say the system was fine, just that there are ways to combat the shit system a little bit.
>>
>>389546639
Mythic is the poopsocker difficulty though. That's the whole point of mythic.

If anything they need to remove the higher ilvl of mythic drops and just make everything that drops in there a unique xmog, but give it the same stats are heroic.

Actually, remove LFR and Heroic entirely, and just make Normal and Mythic. The retarded ilvl bloat needs to go.
>>
>>389547579
Yeah, I get that it's the poopsocker difficulty, but after I'm done with Heroic what am I supposed to do then? I can't raid Mythic because the time investment it requires it 10x what Heroic requires and I don't want to farm Heroic difficulty for all eternity.
The fact that they also lock the only good looking variants of tier sets behind the poopsock difficulty is maddening.
>>
>>389547579
The retarded ilvl bloat does indeed need to go, but variable difficulty for raids is a good thing.

>>389547850
You can always come back to the mythic raids later when you outgear them.
>>
>>389541275
artifact power grind
timegates
lots of timegates
legendary heroic titanforged mythic dildo +9 BiS
Turning class features into pvp talents
global cooldowns somehow became even more annoying
>>
>>389541275
RNG on RNG on RNG, too much carrot on the stick for a game that isn't actually free to play. The base of the expansion was enough to steer people away from the game early on, and that easily snowballed into many more people departing. Legion had some great ideas, but like WoD it falls flat on its face due to very terrible concepts dragging it down. In the end you're left with this cheap and fake world that is desperately trying to trick you into thinking there are people playing this dead game. Mission tables have played a big part in player departure, though obviously it is just one piece of the whole.

If I were blizzard, I would make the free to play content consist of every aspect of the raw gameplay, as in all the way to the highest level pve/pvp content. Subscriptions would grant access to cosmetic or recreational perks such as transmog and flying in the latest expansion, and perhaps even legacy server content if they ever do it. They need to do something to bring back the hordes of players, because pretending there isn't an issue isn't going to bring people back.
>>
>>389548042
>The retarded ilvl bloat does indeed need to go, but variable difficulty for raids is a good thing.
So just have Normal and Mythic. Make LFR normal difficulty and give it the same gear.

Then re-add hard modes for fights cause the bosses to drop exceedingly rare crafting materials or BoE profession patters that are raid-level loot.

The soulless gear treadmill in WoW has ripped all the life and ingenuity out of the game, and it needs to be shitcanned, especially with the retard-tier catch-up mechanics that Blizzard adds ever 3 months, making their own content a pointless slog that no one wants to do.
>>
>>389541275
random chances for a random proc for random amount of time that is your key class feature
>>
>>389547579
>remove LFR
and lose like half of their subscriber base? get real retard
>>
>>389541275

AP grind & legendary RNG
>>
>>389548585
Removing LFR wouldn't impact shit. It's a loud minority of people that like to sleep through content and get free loot. Most people just use it for Artifact Power and legendary drops these days. Atm if you want useful loot you just put together a normal/heroic with groupfinder and get carried.
>>
>>389548412
As that other anon said, Heroic is too easy but Mythic is too hard.

Making it just Normal and Mythic leaves too much of a gap. I don't have an alternate solution at hand, but I don't think your supposed solution is any good.
>>
>>389548768
Pugging normal/heroic tends to be easier and faster than LFR these days in my experience.

At least, most of the time. Because even if LFR is technically much easier, the people doing it are so fucking braindead they mess up even the simplest things, or just waste a lot of time in general.
>>
>>389548778
Hardmodes are the solution to the difficulty gap. They allow people in normal to beef up the difficulty and add something new when they already have the fight on farm, with a chance at new loot and rare drops.

>>389548907
>Pugging normal/heroic tends to be easier and faster than LFR these days in my experience.
Pretty much, yeah. Which is why I think LFR exists for no reason right now. All of these extra raid tiers are a waste of development time.

>even if LFR is technically much easier, the people doing it are so fucking braindead they mess up even the simplest things
The problem is that the content is so pointless that most people (myself included,) only show up to LFR to do the very bare minimum of work, which in most cases is being AFK.
>>
>>389546639
Mythic feels like vanilla raiding (in comparison).
>>
Enjoying my free 930 loot from the new world bosses. Suck it, nerds.
>>
>>389548907
>920 assholes not breaking 300K because lol LFR
LFR was a mistake
>>
>>389541275
Titanforging and RNG legendaries.
>>
if you still do lfr you are a shitter, plain and simple. anyone worth a damn has already gotten all their legendaries and doesn't need to run it for bad luck protection or that pathetic amount of AP
>>
>>389549450
Or you want to get legendaries for off-spec, or for alts.
>>
>>389549496
>I need to have my alts ready in case they become FOTM
SHITTER
H
I
T
T
E
R
>>
>>389549575
>FOTM

No, I never gave a shit about that. I've mained Sub Rogue for the entire expansion even when it was the shittiest spec, and I've also played a lot of Elemental Shaman and Holy Paladin.

I just like having alts.
>>
>destroy all elements of an MMO or an RPG game
>fuck over MMORPG players to try and attract other gamers
>other players don't wanna play shitty "MMORPG"
>MMORPGS players don't wanna play shitty "MMORPG"

>destroy hardcore PvE and PvP scenes in favor of attracting casual masses
>hardcore players left
>casuals starting to leave too because World of Grindcraft still takes more time than a Facebook game
>>
>>389544701
when ever im subbed to WoW i always end up just grinding for rare mounts
i have all my alts run through old raids, dungeons, world bosses, ect and hope i get lucky
then i remember there's nothing for me to do aside from that and unsub
>>
>>389551256
>tfw got the 300 mount achievement last time i was subbed so i don't fall for that pitfall again
its a good feel
>>
I'm still new to WoW and my complaints are:

>pvp is boring
>classes feel weak especially casters in pvp
>skill animations are awful, have to cast for an ability that has no animation(unstable affliction, arcane blast etc)
>awful, childish community
>Talents are mostly passives and then finally get honor talents and those are also just passives
>>
>>389541275
I run heroic tos weekly on two toons and in total I've had 16 loot drops between them since I started playing again

Out of those 16 4 have upgraded

One +5 ilvl and a socket
Two +5 ilvl and speed
Three + a socket
Four +avoidance

It's really fucking depressing to see people running around with 20+ilvl titan forges on bis gear while I'm stuck at fucking 923 ilvl while having only 3 pieces of gear upgraded on my main

I also run normal aswell weekly it's fucking depressing
>>
>>389551426
>don't fall for the pitfall again
>has 300 mounts
You lost mate
>>
>>389543235

blizzard's newest retcon says that they can only do that because of the power of argus' titan world soul. so we're going to argus to nix that.

then illidan and sargeras will be imprisoned inside argus until blizz needs to asspull them for a future expansion.
>>
File: 1502472458717.jpg (751KB, 2352x918px) Image search: [Google]
1502472458717.jpg
751KB, 2352x918px
>>
File: mhhhh.png (30KB, 128x126px) Image search: [Google]
mhhhh.png
30KB, 128x126px
>>389548253
>making a MMO with millions of subs f2p
>/v/ in charge of not being absolutely fucking retarded
>>
Anyone playing on a private server? Ive got like 10 epics equipped including bonereavers edge on my dps warrior, switched to arms from fury so I rape alterac valley and have retarded good AOE potential.
>>
I have pvpers who bitch in a dragonslaying game. Any pve game.

Hell even the private pvp servers for Everquest are total shitshows with endless shittalking in global channels because their pops are so low.
>>
>>389553590
tldr
>>
>>389541275
Isn´t a bad expansion , but MMOs are dead. Gamers mentality changed to instant satisfaction/Quick games
>>
File: 1504734038049.jpg (82KB, 938x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1504734038049.jpg
82KB, 938x1063px
>>389541275
Too much RNG bullshit makes progressing a nightmare
>>
As a person who likes goldmaking, I hope totanforging stays forever.
>>
>>389541537
Why does that chart have to be so correct...gdi.
>>
File: 1482314448259.png (1MB, 773x3726px) Image search: [Google]
1482314448259.png
1MB, 773x3726px
It feels less like a game, or another world and more like a system designed to keep you subscribed. Grinds are consistent and boring. No ways to increase your progress speed. Raids are still WoW raids. PVP is fucking dead because Blizzard's system for balancing sucks and Arenas are more about watching cooldowns than making plays.

Honestly it's not that different from the other expansions they've made. They're just more aware of what WoW is now and they've focused in on time-gating content and limiting the player's ability to influence the game and their character.

Turns out that's a really great way to make a boring but"technically good" game.

They have the same problem with Overwatch. The physics suck, they nerf any mechanic you have to play around, and eventually the game boils down to "who has better aim over a 10-second period". But nobody bought Quake because the waifus are trash and Blizzard continues on thinking their games are good because the art department and marketing team knows how to sell their boring nonsense to fucking everybody.

Including myself.
>>
>>389557783
Not true. We're playing mobile games now instead while waiting for a good MMO. The character progression, grind, and long-term goals are there.
>>
File: 73SoAKeyArt.jpg (2MB, 2769x4000px) Image search: [Google]
73SoAKeyArt.jpg
2MB, 2769x4000px
>>389553168

Yeah, they are likely saving Sargeras for later. He's being bottled for now. No way he can remain imprisoned forever. He will either break free, someone will free him, or the magical prison itself will crumble. Illidan was locked away by his own people for all eternity, and look how that went. He was freed because they needed him. Sargeras might be freed because we will need him and the Azeroth titan to fight the Void.

I still think Sargeras will be the final boss of WoW. I rather fight him instead of some Void god I've never even heard of before.
>>
>>389553590
At this point, this meme has become too popular and people are starting to ride it into the ground by making everything too wordy with a massive absence of wit.
>>
>>389560180
>That picture.
Why hasn't anyone at Blizzard told Glen Rain that pillow lighting looks like fucking shit yet?
>>
>>389553168
>Soft reboot your entire setting to make the whole thing consistent
>Retcon it again a year later
It is actually staggering how incompetent Blizzard's writers are.
>>
>>389553168
Where to people keep getting this imprisonment thing from? What are the sources?
>>
>>389560981
>pillow lighting

If you're gonna complain about that, you should explain what that is. First time I hear of it. I hope it's a big deal, otherwise it comes off as autistic nitpicking.
>>
>>389560180
All those stock race models
>>
>>389561212
Datamining 7.3. After you defeat Argus

Magni Bronzebeard: The tortured soul of Argus has been put to rest.
Illidan Stormrage: It matters not. We have lost. Look to the skies!
Prophet Velen: Sargeras will soon undo all we have fought for.
Voice of Amanthul: No.
Voice of Amanthul: We will use the last glimmer of Argus's power to bind him here. The Seat of the Pantheon shall become Sargeras's prison... and ours as well.
Prophet Velen: You would condemn yourselves to stop him?
Illidan Stormrage: Our world must survive... no matter the cost!
Voice of Amanthul: A sacrifice must be made.
Voice of Amanthul: Return home, children of Azeroth. Protect the final titan.
High Exarch Turalyon: Prophet... what happened out there?
Prophet Velen: Illidan serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=267444/7-3-spoilers-analyzing-antorus-the-burning-throne-dialogue
>>
File: 13961423678558.png (9KB, 618x281px) Image search: [Google]
13961423678558.png
9KB, 618x281px
>>389561286
There is no situation where it looks better than realistic lighting.
>>
File: 1503705988040.png (591KB, 744x566px) Image search: [Google]
1503705988040.png
591KB, 744x566px
>>389561508
Oh for fucks sake, just when I thought the story couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>389541275
more fucking time gates. you want to extend content? how about you try the old true time tested method made to retain players and give them a sense of progression without doing a cheap trick as time gating? Well you can try rep requirement to advance, just put in ways to grind rep without having to wait on stuff. That way it slows down the player but rewards them for their dedication. This entire expansion has been World of Warcraft: Timegate
>>
>>389541275
RNG, Legendaries, insane titanforging, and Mythic+ being able to invalidate Mythic raid gear

PVE wise things are pretty well balanced, most dps is somewhat close and lots of viability, pvp not so much.
>>
File: 1372399177740.jpg (30KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1372399177740.jpg
30KB, 256x256px
>>389541275
Runescape 3 kicks the shit out of WoW
>>
>>389561508
>His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.
Wait what? haven't played WoW in a while, but what the ass is this bullshit? Isn't the Legion supposed to be literally infinite? Don't demons just renew themselves if they aren't killed within the Twisting Nether?
How does imprisoning Sargeras stop anything? Isn't Archimonde still alive? Can't he just take over and continue the crusade with his infinite army of replenishing demons from countless of worlds?
>>
File: 1504465159426.jpg (393KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1504465159426.jpg
393KB, 1280x1812px
>when I was a kid I played for epic mounts, being the strongest with the highest stats and then using them to obliterate the alliance

>as an adult I just research slutmongs and then hunt them

it checks out
>>
Is the hunter DPS rotation still that janky side winders monstrosity? I remember having to face like 58 degrees off center so my barrage didn't go through walls.
>>
>>389562162
>Don't demons just renew themselves if they aren't killed within the Twisting Nether?
Apparently that was retconned to Argus's soul rebirth them or some nonsense.
>>
>>389562162
The demons respawn thanks to Argus' world soul, but we destroy it, meaning no more respawns for them. The Burning Legion has lost Sargeras, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. They are leaderless now.

You're right though that imprisoning Sargeras is not a permanent solution.
>>
>>389562534
>Apparently that was retconned to Argus's soul rebirth them or some nonsense.
What the fuck? What the hell is Blizzard even doing anymore?
>>
File: bobby.jpg (46KB, 478x415px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
46KB, 478x415px
I have absolutely no clue what went wrong
>>
>>389562278
>be an "adult"
>act like a 12 year old boy

hmmm
>>
>>389562812
Every WoW thread I see someone mentioning Activision, but nobody ever posts some evidence for it or any reliable sources. Please, educate me on this, I need some proof, otherwise I'm pretty sure it's just the GOOD people leaving Blizzard that has caused their games to suffer so much and not Activision at all.
>>
>>389563052
Activision takeover is what pushed the game to be more casual for wider appeal

this killed the game
>>
File: JCDenton2.png (268KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
JCDenton2.png
268KB, 432x454px
>>389563126
But do you have any facts to back that up?
>>
>>389563215
timeline matches
activision is run by known kikes
>>
>>389542101
Also artifact weapons skins received by achievements are prestige aren't account wide so you have to grind all that shit back up again if you want those skins. Putting the Diablo team in charge of WOW was the dumbest thing ever.
>>
>>389563291
>takeover
It was a merger through Vivendi Games.
>>
>>389563417
>muh diablo

WoW took on diablo aspects back in god damn TBC when they started with multiple difficulties
>>
>>389563126
WoW was always aiming for a casual audience. Welfare epics have been a thing since BC.

>>389563291
>activision is run by known kikes
Blizzard's CEO has always been jewish.

>>389563629
Multiple difficulties didn't exist until Cata.
>>
>>389563126
>takeover

It was a merge.
>>
>>389563687
Normal dungeons
Heroic dungeons

youre a retard
>>
So now that we had a Diablo themed expansion, does this mean that the next expansion will be a Starcraft themed expansion in terms of gameplay?
>>
>>389558706
bullshit. you can outgrind your character much harder than in any other expansion.
mythic+ is unlimited and you can get stupid amounts of titanforges. it also boosts legendary chances.

the only actual time gated shit is still just raids.
>>
>>389541275
The grind had no cap. Complete and utter burnout.
>>
>>389563752

i'm curious to think what you consider to be a starcraft-themed expansion when we're already warping around the not!protoss homeworld in our magical spaceship
>>
>>389564025
Massive space battles against the Void Lords' minions of course.
>>
>>389563005

>stop enjoying things

lmao how does it feel to be so worthless kek
>>
File: 1488707732741.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488707732741.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>tfw I was on the verge of buying Legion

Thanks for saving me, dudes.
>>
>>389565124
every expansion is worth it for the first month.
>>
File: 1493310684502.jpg (214KB, 1408x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1493310684502.jpg
214KB, 1408x1269px
>>389547312
>Legion class balance
How come a spec being good in PvP means they nerf the spec in all forms of play? Windwalker got their AoE nerfed and they suffered in Tomb cause of it.
>>
>>389563783
I was mostly thinking about the daily rep quests, how broken shore rolled out, and yeah, weekly raids.

The mythic system catching up is probably the only system I've enjoyed, and when I say "enjoyed", I mean I enjoy doing it about as much as anybody else who's doing the same fucking dungeon for the 100th time.
>>
>>389566013
but broken shore was a prime example of just allowing the players to grind their ass off for gear with the sentinax.

I'm not following at all. Out of all expansions Legion has the least hard gated content of all. You can run so much shit infinitely, its that open endedness that actually killed the drive for many because it was overkill because fuck playing WoW in 2017 for 10 hours a day every day to keep up.
>>
I play an unholy death knight in a mythic raiding guild so I guess nothings wrong.
At least for me
>>
>>389541275
The introduction of new races way back at BC
>>
If the legion has been sorted out now finally, who's the big bad? Whats the next expansion gonna focus on?

I know Bolvar's been fucking around a lot recently but I think it'd be pretty cheap to go back to Northrend
>>
File: 1501627561996.png (4KB, 334x293px) Image search: [Google]
1501627561996.png
4KB, 334x293px
>>389541543
Pretty much every class got irreparably fucked by the pruning. Their fucking retarded idea of making every class and spec more distinct made them all play the same.
>want to keep "class identity" and "class fantasy"
>warriors have no stances now
>DKs have no presences
>enh shamans now just have a blue rage bar
>"""revamping""" combat into outlaw just involved giving them heroic leap, a pistol and a dice rolling minigame that leaves your performance almost entirely out of your own hands
>arms warrior is just an APM fuckfest and nobody likes it
>most specs don't even work smoothly without some legendary that changes the core of how that spec plays (and the effect on said legendary used to be a talent from WoD nine times out of ten) and you may never get it to drop

Fury is the best the spec's ever been though honestly. The gameplay is great but even then you still need a specific legendary to iron out the rotation and I'm still mad about the loss of stances.
>>
>>389567405
The next big bad are the Void Lords.
>>
>>389567698
warrior stances sucked

t.warrior since early TBC
>>
>>389567405
The Void Lords
Queen Azshara and the naga,
N'zoth the last old god
The Zandalari trolls lead by King Rastakhan and Prophet Zul.
>>
File: d96.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
Let's talk again how kino this cinematic was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0pUwrBWjc
>>
>>389568128
Illidan once said "Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced."

Xe'ra tried to force the hand of fate on Illidan and he said nope.

He's a hypocrite.
>>
>>389541275
It's literally all endgame, it's repetitive, the beginning and mid game are essentially ignored and just exist because they already existed, skips all the adventure, exploration, grind, roleplay elements that make every rpg or mmo good, just a clusterfuck mess of microtransactions and popularity contests of people doing the same thing with the same characters and same equipment and no diversity
>>
>>389541543
Warlocks needed a nerf. I remember when 6 million mages got Sunwelled. All five of my grandparents were sat for warlocks and mages need reparations.
>>
>>389568048
Three of those aren't going to be challenging at all after taking on the Burning Legion and fucking Sargeras, the other one is a fucking asspull ActiBlizz made up because they realised they were running out of bad guys.
>>
Legion was just far too grindy. It's not as though the grind is fun either or ever has an end. I'd be logged on, don't really feel like doing any dungeons and want to just fuck about, but there's so little to do outside of dungeons. And if you didn't do them your GM would be like "You could get an upgrade though" nah fuck that.

Apparently it's not so bad now the grind but WoW honestly feels like a job now. If you're not being efficient you're wasting your time. Even in past expansions that I didn't really like, like MoP had funny shit near the end like farming your own faction for blood coins on the Timeless Isle. Wotlk was grindy too but I had a nice list of what I wanted to do, 25 frost badges a week maybe some argent tournament if I could be arsed. Now though, you always have something to do in a way, it's just those things you've been doing from the start of the expansion so it feels like you're in that massive gap between expansions all the time where you're just doing old content for the sake of it even though they release new things.
>>
>>389568915
We just threw ourselves against the Legion on Argus, leaving Azeroth undefended. It's not like we have unlimited armies. The victory against the Legion was a very costly one. The naga and trolls will make their move while we are weakened.
>>
File: revv.gif (533KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
revv.gif
533KB, 500x314px
I love that Illidan is still the "Fuck you people, i'm doing what i want" character

This almost made me care about the lore again
>>
>>389567405
I wish they'd go back to just killing some dragons and dealing with bugs.
>>
File: 1491245883224.jpg (78KB, 622x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491245883224.jpg
78KB, 622x240px
>>389569394
>tfw they cranked up the artifact power rates because 7.3 is the last update before the next xpack
We're stuck on Argus for a year are we?
>>
>>389569942
Pretty much. Some are saying the next raid will be out in November. Blizzard has never released a WoW expac in the May-July months, so the earliest we would see the next expac would be late August like with Legion. Or they could already be working on it and have it out in April but not likely.
>>
>>389568264
>The Betrayer
>surprised when he betrays everyone including what he said previously
It's your own fault for trusting him at this point.
>>
>>389569394
for once i actually care about Velen because it seems like he's learning that the light isn't "good" it's just a benevolent force in a universe where there are dozens of them with their own agendas.

Turalyon went absolute apeshit when Xe'ra died, but Velen's just like "nah, maybe Illidan isn't wrong". Xe'ra seemed real fishy, especially since she damned us for either aiding or just being complicit in taking down Illidan back in BC, despite the fact that it was the Naaru who told us to do it in the first place.

>>389569942
most likely, but if they continue with the trend they set with Legion we're most likely going to get a new, smaller content patch around spring to hold us over for a few months until the next expac. Antorus is most likely the final tier, but if they at least give us another ToV style raid and a new dungeon i won't complain too much
>>
>>389541543
Tbh BM hunter and Arcane mage are the only ones that suffer from abilty prune
>>
>>389541543
You can be sad about your gameplay but in what concern about legendaries, at that moment you are supposed to have all of them for your main spec if you actually really play the game.
>>
File: 646795.jpg (254KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
646795.jpg
254KB, 960x960px
>>389570938
>>389569942

They said there will be one, maybe two story patches to wrap things up in Legion, and prepare us for the next expansion.

Pic related. It's the key art for Blizzcon 2017, and probably the cover for next expansion. Jaina has been missing in Legion. If she plays a big role in next expansion, then it's very likely we will see Kul Tiras, the Zandalari, Azshara, the naga, N'zoth. We gotta deal with them before we can go after the Void.

There is also a Jaina novel in the works about what she's been doing during (and after) Legion.
>>
>>389541275
Artifact grind

it was not a bad expansion otherwise
>>
>>389541275
Voice acting
Seriously I can't that seriously
>>
>>389571506
I wanna fuck that Janna art.
>>
>>389543734
>Meta demo gets tossed because DHs need to feel special

Brewmasters also got fucked in favour of Demon Hunters. The new BM is garbage.
>>
>>389571506
So, corrupted Villian, or new leader character who is the best and most right, probably either slapping Sylvanas when she does something evil or forming some kind of uneasy truce with her because they're redeeming her now too?
>>
File: 1487778638275.jpg (21KB, 176x285px) Image search: [Google]
1487778638275.jpg
21KB, 176x285px
>>389573656
Hopefully she just mobilizes Kul'Tiras to wipe the Horde off the face of Azeroth. Blood Elves and Tauren are the only ones who should survive and be allowed to join the Alliance. Gas and hang everything else.
>>
>>389573806
>jaina sparing blood elves

Suuuure.
>>
File: 1502058362634.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1502058362634.gif
2MB, 250x220px
>>389573806
>Blood Elves
>>
>>389573656
>Blizzard
>Making Sylvanas antagonistic
She's your new favorite Warcraft character though, now make more Dreadlord Jaina pics
>>
>>389573806
By joining the Horde they made their choice. They all deserve to die.
>>
>>389573965
Lor'themar just needs to take one for the team and allow Jaina to have Aethas as a sex slave or something the same way Sylvanas took Koltira.
>>
>>389574065
That just sounds like support for the Jaina and Sylvanas team up complete with bonding over not liking Arthas, being female, and otherwise being really stupid and poorly written. But hopefully spawning lots of lesbian porn featuring the pair of them.
>>
>>389541537
Fucken kek, I've stop playing after linch king , now I'm hooked on hearthstone but they fucking it up with too much expansions and water down cards.
>>
>>389541275
Weakauras are getting so insanely good that they overtune mythic bosses to the point of no fun allowed just so their mechanics don't get instantly invalidated by some custom WA of supreme Autism

Also Legendaries early on when you didnt have all of them, now that you do they are like a second talent tree (which i use more than the regular one so i guess thats what they wanted?)

Overall pretty great expansion desu. Obviously won't keep you playing without a goal, guild and friends

Oh and PvP is Dogshit.
>>
>>389571091
MM

Rogues
>>
>>389562534
>Apparently that was retconned to Argus's soul rebirth them or some nonsense
So how was the burning legion functioning before they moved onto argus?
>>
>>389541275
Instead of firing the people responsible for fucking up Diablo 3, they put them on the WoW team. Those people then fucked up WoW by putting RNG in your RNG with a sprinkle of RNG. You do your daily chores and hope you get a titanforged proc or a legendary and thats all Legion is.
>>
when the fuck are they going to make legion flying available without having to do the long boring quests in suramar
>>
>>389576545
They removed the rep requirements on the suramar stuff so you don't need to get all the rep now.
>>
>>389574228
Alliances fault for causing the Scourge disaster, can't even stop their people from killing each other and dragging everyone into it.
>>
>>389578159
Ner'zhul was an orc friendo.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.