[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have to be legitimately autistic to enjoy this? You don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 1474442578640.png (1MB, 1024x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1474442578640.png
1MB, 1024x1007px
Do I have to be legitimately autistic to enjoy this? You don't have to explore whole level, kill all enemies or anything, you just run until you encounter boss fight.
>>
Sounds more like you have to be autistic to not enjoy it from your description
>>
>>389540460
If you don't like exploring in a physics based game inspired by pinball then stop. Nobody is forcing the game on you. It is okay for a game to be not right for you. Take a break from the internet and try to re-evaluate your priorities buddy.
>>
>>389540460
Emulate Sonic 3&K first. See if you like these kinds of games to begin with.
You don't have to be autistic to like Sonic games, but you sure have to not like videogames at all to hate it.
>>
Yeah, you don't.
>>
>>389540635
reading is hard
>>
File: 1504564826630.gif (395KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1504564826630.gif
395KB, 200x150px
>>389540541
fpbp as usual
>>
File: 1502805681398.png (103KB, 251x173px) Image search: [Google]
1502805681398.png
103KB, 251x173px
>>389540541
rekt
>>
>>389541229
Then stop trying.
>>
if you can't enjoy sonic mania, OP you picked the wrong hobby. Oh wait there is still call of fucking duty and GTA for retards like you.
>>
>>389541346
I meant for you, because OP literally said he wants reason to explore and you're saying don't play it because it needs exploration (which it doesn't) have you even played the game?
>>
>>389541391
Except the game is literally just pandering to nostalgia
If you didn't grow up on classic sonic games then you won't think that it's anything special
>>
>>389541420
Not what OP said. Not what I said. Try reading harder. You'll get it eventually!
>>
File: 3173-super-mario-bros-3-n.jpg (12KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
3173-super-mario-bros-3-n.jpg
12KB, 240x210px
Do I have to be legitimately autistic to enjoy this? You don't have to explore whole level, kill all enemies or anything, you just run until you encounter boss fight.
>>
>>389541420
What reason does one need to explore other than for the enjoyment of doing so? The OP is saying that you don't HAVE to explore the whole level, but nothing's stopping him from doing so. Just because you choose not to do something doesn't mean the game is limiting you from doing something.
>>
>>389541465
Yeah it makes sense, if you're far removed from the era it originally came out from you wouldn't understand its original appeal and why it became popular in the first place.
>>
File: ffaffffafafafffffffff.jpg (9KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
ffaffffafafafffffffff.jpg
9KB, 300x256px
>>389540460
I don't get it.... the 100% collect-o-thon with the 4 hour grind for one special rng event to qualify you for the post final boss screenshot is missing so you're disappointed?

I bet you play JRPGs exclusively.
>>
>>389540460
Explore anyway. The game doesn't need to force you to have exploring still be fun.
Besides, to get the True Final Boss you need to get all the Chaos Emeralds, which requires finding the Special Stage entrances in the stages. That requires exploration.
>>
>>389541420
This is why I quit mania. No point in collecting rings because 1 is enough to survive. No point in collecting lives because same reason. No point in killing because you're supposed to clear a level as fast as possible. There's no reward for clearing a level in no time. The only point in exploring is the giant rings and that's all.

I mean, at least in Mario you have collectables that reward exploration because you can unlock new content.
>>
>>389541525
But you can't because that game has real platforming. If you run too fast you'll probably be killed by something.
>>
>>389541594
Many people find something more enjoyable if there's a reward for doing so.
>>
>>389541658
The point in exploration is that you will find new routes to go that you previously didn't see before and experience a level in a new way. Sonic usually doesn't dangle a bunch of collectibles out of the way to force the player to explore, more so in Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 since all special stages would be on your natural path to the ending.

As always you are thinking in a Mario and other platformer mind set and not for the type of game Sonic is.
>>
>>389541702
You get killed by running too fast in Sonic also.
>>
>>389541757
There are rewards for exploring. Glad we had this talk.
>>
>>389541757
Like a silly digital collectible to push up your current number of that item?
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>389541635
>>389541619
>>389541420
>>389540635

You're fucking retards.

He's saying he wants to explore, but the game punishes you for doing so (10 minute time cap). He's saying does he have to be autistic and only play "press right to win" to enjoy the game, since it seems that's what the developers forced.

Fucking braindeads.
>>
File: 1418097145025.jpg (104KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1418097145025.jpg
104KB, 320x240px
>>389541658
>no point in collecting rings
>no point in finishing fast
>no point in killing
>no point in not getting hit

The whole point is to collect points.
Every 50.000 points net you an extra life.
Not getting hit during a level gets you Cool points when you beat it.
Beating a level fast gets you extra points.
Rings earn you extra points at the end of a level, the whole point is not to lose them.
Killing enemies gets you points.

If you can't even do any of this then I assume you suck at this game and actually need extra lives just to not get sent back to Act 1 of a stage.
And if you suck this much you'll actually need lives for the secret final boss.

Why are you playing Sonic Mania if you don't like Sonic games?
The sensible thing to do is to emulate the older 2D games first before even purchasing it. What the hell is your problem?
>>
>>389541965
That's how the game works. If you fuck up platforming and are set on a lower path, you're not autistic for going down that path, you're autistic if you throw a shitfit because you can't access the other paths for a small period of time.
>>
>>389542130
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>389541702
Down with fake plataforming!
>>
>>389542121
>dying in a sonic game
>>
>>389542197
Reading is hard.
>>
>>389542317
Then you should go back to school, moron.
>>
>>389540460
Yes
>>
>>389542353
n-no I ment ur a bad at reeding stfu!!! x[
>>
>>389542121
>And if you suck this much you'll actually need lives for the secret final boss.
But the secret final boss is one of the easiest parts of the game.
>>
>>389541658
> in Mario you have collectables that reward exploration because you can unlock new content
Mario literally never does this. The reward for getting all shines in Sunshine was literally a postcard that did nothing. In Mario 64 it was a two second yoshi cameo. Stfu
>>
>>389541658
the only mario game that rewards you for any kind of exploration more than a sonic game does is world
>>
>>389540460
yea if you don't like zooming through the levels its not for you
>>
>>389541658
Playing the level and having fun is the point of exploration in Sonic. Remember fun? Experiencing the level in different ways is your reward and offers replay value. While Mario offers secret levels and exits in his classic format, Mario levels are largely linear and even the secret exits aren't far out of the way. In SMW it largely came down to finding hidden warp pipes above the stage geometry or with the cape or finding a keyhole with the key inevitably 3 feet away from it. You're comparing apples and oranges. I don't even know what collectables you're talking about, if it's stars then that's a misnomer because they're the entire point of the level and paths to them have become increasingly linear as time has gone on and it's pointless to compare a 3d platformer to a 2d platformer.
>>
>>389542197
OP is complaining about not exploring the whole level in one go, a complaint that is largely caused by Sonic's vertical and interbranching level design and saying that not kill exploring the whole level at once or not killing all the enemies is autistic. I was saying that the opposite was true.
>>
>>389541658
Go suck a dick m8, if you don't like fast and fun games, go play your boring collectatons like banjo e kazoie

Disgusting
>>
>>389541465
Yeah. I like it because I was playing Sonic when I was 3 years old on the megadrive.
It's literally made for nostalgia with some gay references to autistic guys who made sonic fan games shoved in needlessly. I still like it regardless.
>>
>You don't have to explore whole level, kill all enemies or anything, you just run until you encounter boss fight.

I'm not going to suggest that the only alternative to this is a platformer with open levels full of collectables that you're forced to find a certain amount of before reaching the goal, but I am going to suggest that there's a very good reason they were limited to Western home console gaming in the 80's and early 90's and a very good reason they died in the wake of Japanese gaming being imported to the West. It's the same reason that Putty Squad failed miserably despite being ported to every modern system under the sun.
>>
File: 8de.png (116KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
8de.png
116KB, 680x681px
If you really take 10 minutes to explore a fucking SONIC level I have some really bad news for you, friendo
>>
>>389541594
There's time limit.
>>
>never any indication of what will or won't hurt you
how the fuck am I supposed to know you can jump on the giant spinning drills of death from the first boss or that the giant blue glowing missiles from the studiopolis stage one boss dont hurt me and the giant glowing red ones do?
>>
>>389543568
>Hasn't played Mania
>>
>>389542551
I don't agree with what he said about Sonic but 2D Mario games do a decent amount of rewarding the player for exploration. In all of the 2D games they allowed you to skip worlds by finding secret exits and in SMW doing the Special World gives you the most challenging levels in the game and by beating them you unlock alternate sprites for some enemies & an alternate palette on the overworld.

Also to what he said specifically about collectables, the NSMB games let you explore to find Star Coins to unlock alternate paths to reach houses for items, mini-games and different levels. This also applies to some of the 3D titles such as 3D World and in Galaxy 2's case you can find Comet Medals which will let a comet rain down over that galaxy later to do a new mission.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.