[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

games journalists are terrible at videogames holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1874.png (760KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1874.png
760KB, 1136x640px
and basic problem solving
watch a four year old outdo one
https://youtu.be/q3TKK1pIc2s
>>
>>389538207
What are the qualifications required for possessing the title "video game journalist"?
>>
>>389538207
It's sad fact because journalism experience weights more than their personal gaming abilities.
A good writer but shitty gamer can still write for a paper.
A bad writer but great gamer can't write for the company.
>>
have this article too
http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/347103-cuphead-reignites-game-journalists-good-games-debate#/slide/1
>>
>>389538334
but their journalism is useless to me if I can't trust them in any way to give fair and intelligent reviews of games.
>>
>>389538207
I tried to work for a review gaming site of my country (kinda small) but they never contacted me back after I wrote a bunch of preview pieces for their site (they even pubblished them in the site, without my name and without giving me a single dime).
I can play videogame propely and it gets me mad knowing some idiot that never played a videogame in his life might have gotten that job.
>>
>>389538458
That's why you should listen more of youtuber gamers and not these "game journalists." That's my tip.
>>
Since when are the people with the abilities recognized ? It/s always been fraud in these types of jobs, network is far more important, people don't care about what you do, they care about who you know.
>>
>>389538517
games journalists can make or break a game though as good scores on review aggregators sell games
>>
File: eHujOpU.png (665KB, 857x677px) Image search: [Google]
eHujOpU.png
665KB, 857x677px
>>389538517
You can at least see them play the game, so you can judge if it's incompetence or the game is just badly made/hard. There's no guarantee with these journos, you just have their word they aren't mentally defective
Imagine if DSP was a journo. He could pass as a halfway decent player for years, and nobody would be able to prove he wasn't
>>
>>389538374
full damage control
>>
>>389538776
they always seem like they got caught with their hands in the cookiejar when this topic comes up. If you want to get them seething just mention this problem probably because the problem is real
>>
File: 1504605407620.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1504605407620.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Daily reminder that we should fire all games 'journalists' and replace them with birbs
>>
>people think that guy didn't tell his daughter what to say right before starting the recording

Just stick to the pigeon video. it's way more effective.
>>
>>389538997
well now it is here too >>389538969 so you get to pick, the more the merrier.
>>
File: IMG_0690.jpg (57KB, 630x655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.jpg
57KB, 630x655px
>GAME JOURNALISTS ARE DUMBER THAN PIGEONS
>GAME JOURNALISTS ARE DUMBER THAN 4 YEAR OLDS
AYY LMAO
>>
>>389538881
Probably because nobody else wants to be exposed as a fraud who can barely play games.
>>
File: 4L_1j8xDCGH.jpg (548KB, 2535x2315px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1j8xDCGH.jpg
548KB, 2535x2315px
>>389538207
I'm a vidya journalist and I'm pretty good tbqhfam
>>
>>389538969
My fucking god. I raged so quickly when watching that.
>>
>>389539118
but are you better than a pigeon/four year old good?
>>
>>389539135
Why? That bird is awesome.
>>
>>389538207
you've posted this around 6 times today just to promote your stupid fucking video
Yeah the journalist is a retard now stop flooding the board to get views you disgusting fuck.
>>
>>389538249
Be a legal adult and have a friend or relative who can hire you.
>>
>>389539226
I did? I don't remember having kids either.
>>
>>389538562
And if there is an actual reason that good scores on review aggregators sell games, it is because of people here and elsewhere who actually acknowledge them.

Stop caring about MC scores. Stop caring about GOTY awards. Belittle and insult everyone else who does.
>>
>>389538517
>>389538562
Isn't Youtube word of mouth the thing that killed Mass Effect Andromeda?
Youtubers are the only ones you can trust, especially absolute randoms. Just type in the games name and see what comes up that isn't obviously a trailer or convention demo.
>>
>>389538249
Need to be legally retarded.
>>
>>389539486
well ME andromeda got like 73/100 which is considered a bad score on metacritic so there is that
>>
>>389538969
That's incredible!
>>
>>389539486
As much as people would hate, let's say Totalbiscuit, i think he is a damn brilliant game reviewer and has plenty of good points in other things. Sure, he is a bit narcissistic, but in the scale, the weights less then his positive traits.

I value his skill as a critic and person who can see things from multiple viewpoints.
>>
File: 1435259259506.gif (3MB, 435x316px) Image search: [Google]
1435259259506.gif
3MB, 435x316px
>>389539725

>tb
>not a huge casual with barely existent standards
>>
File: 4L_AhIQU3Vf.jpg (815KB, 2583x1996px) Image search: [Google]
4L_AhIQU3Vf.jpg
815KB, 2583x1996px
>>389538517
I know three YouTube gamers that "made it" (aka "are doing it full time as a job"), and I tell you: they often get offers from publishers.
It's usually just "play our game, you can have it for free" but sometime they can't also say certain things, or, are supposed to say something pre-written.

One of the youtubers I know always refuse such offers, but the other one isn't that concerned about integrity.
That said, I never got any offer and I never got censored when I was shitting on huge publishers (which are paying us with ads), despite writing for the biggest website of my country: I know it isn't saying much, since corruption is actually common in bigger places like America or England, but I'm just warning about YouTube; they receive offers even here, and we're a pretty irrelevant European country

>>389539164
My boy, I started playing games when I was 4
My website just published an article about shitty American journalists, paid at least 10 times the money I'm getting but so bad at vidya it's embarrassing

I mean fuck, even our FUCKING IGN guys are people in their 30s/40s, veterans from 90s magazines, from the demoscene; you guys hire laughably bad 20 year old hipsters for some reason

I don't get it really, I literally only got this job because I was disgusted by the shit Gamergate uncovered and I wanted to do something from the inside, but my country is nowhere near as bad as your situation
>>
>>389539725
Has that faggot learned how to pronounce Motoi Sakuraba's name yet?
>>
File: 4L_XTdwPqHT.jpg (2MB, 3321x3613px) Image search: [Google]
4L_XTdwPqHT.jpg
2MB, 3321x3613px
>>389538517
I know three YouTube gamers that "made it" (aka "are doing it full time as a job"), and I tell you: they often get offers from publishers.
It's usually just "play our game, you can have it for free" but sometime they can't also say certain things, or, are supposed to say something pre-written.

One of the youtubers I know always refuse such offers, but the other one isn't that concerned about integrity.
That said, I never got any offer and I never got censored when I was shitting on huge publishers (which are paying us with ads), despite writing for the biggest website of my country: I know it isn't saying much, since corruption is actually common in bigger places like America or England, but I'm just warning about YouTube; they receive offers even here, and we're a pretty irrelevant European country

>>389539164
My boy, I started playing games when I was 4
My website just published an article about shitty American journalists, paid at least 10 times the money I'm getting but so bad at vidya it's embarrassing

I mean fuck, even our FUCKING IGN guys are people in their 30s/40s, veterans from 90s magazines, from the demoscene; you guys hire laughably bad 20 year old hipsters for some reason

I don't get it really, I literally only got this job because I was disgusted by the shit Gamergate uncovered and I wanted to do something from the inside, but my country is nowhere near as bad as your situation
>>
>>389539725
I think Youtube reviewers are secondary. There are enough nobodies playing games on Youtube either with or without commentary, those are the most reliable as you see exactly what you will get. Things like controls aren't even that important to know since they are generally the same depending on the genre. Youtube reviewer can give additional insight and I love that the "review games as if I were a literary critic and call it critique" meme is now so widespread but you still can't trust these people completely as they are still humans and overgeneralize and say bullshit like, I think, Joseph Anderson who made a video about his values when reviewing a video game and months later rectified it because he entirely forgot or gave not enough emphsis on some aspect.
>>
Secondly reminder of this shit
Warning NSFW you will die of anger

https://youtu.be/9yYp8ZeQ-I8?t=222
>>
>>389538334
they usually aren't good writers either tho
>>
>>389538207
That kid is probably cool and all. But four years old is certainly enough to be able to be good at videogames. So a four year old being able to finish the tutorial should be no surprise.
It might have been more sensational if we were talking about a sub-two year old. But even then the kid would likely figure it out eventually. Kids aren't stupid, just inexperienced. But if you just put them in front of something they'll quickly catch up in terms of experience.
>>
>>389541251
a games journalist should still have more problem solving skills than a four year old
>>
>>389538207

DUDE imagine being a car review and not knowing how to drive a car or even manual FUCKING LMAO
>>
>>389541371
True enough. I am still completely dumbfounded at that video.
And how come they even let such footage get out in the public? Don't they even have enough insight to realize that it makes them look absolutely terrible? I mean their sheer incompetence is scary but their lack of self-preservation is kind of scary in and out of itself.
>>
>>389541371
The joke is the nigger journo claimed he plays retarded to emulate a bad videogame player. He overdoes it way too much if he really means that.
>>
>Venture beat
>San Francisco
>Head up their asses and no self awareness

They can't admit their faults honestly which is why everyone over there is mentally ill.
>>
File: 1467789181781.jpg (20KB, 262x284px) Image search: [Google]
1467789181781.jpg
20KB, 262x284px
Post yfw you aren't Dean Takahashi.
>>
>>389541530
He actually released the video with a title saying that it's much harder than it appears, and changed it because of the backlash. If you look up his twitter he goes on to blame the game devs for not warning people that the game was so hard
>>389541574
No he admits he played for real.
>>
>>389540015
You are basically describing the Italian situation, are you a fellow pastaman?
>>
File: 1478587427705.jpg (222KB, 867x588px) Image search: [Google]
1478587427705.jpg
222KB, 867x588px
>>389538517
Not always true.
>Sponsored videos where they have to be nice to the game
One example would be ProJareds TES Online review, where he claims it's the best thing ever and afterwards claims it's the biggest turd. Gotta lie to the viewer tho for that sweet sweet Dolla.

Or how Dunkey completely trashed Paladins for being aesthetically similar to Overwatch without giving it a fair chance and now you have these 12 year olds always bringing his shitpost up everywhere. Just like his Knack 2 meme bullshit. But hey, atleast he is against professional journalism and he is being ironic so.you can't call him a hypocrite or a faggot ;^)
YouTubers are equally cancerous
>>
>>389538334
>A good writer
90% of people writing for video games are writing course dropouts or failures who couldn't make it in real media

Same with every other field of video games. People who can actually program are working as software and hardware engineers and shit.
>>
>>389541874
not entirely true, many fall for the passion meme when going into the games industry
>>
>>389541869
Dunkey's video on Splatoon was embarrassing. Not even remotely addressing the issues the game actually has while obsessing over issues that the game doesn't even have.

But hey, he's just le funny comedian xD and if you think he was being stupid then you're just a nintentoddler!

I actually, as shameful as it is to admit sometimes, even like a lot of Dunkey's content. But from time to time he's just beyond retarded. But he has this cult following that just refuses to accept any criticism and takes anything he says at face value.
>>
I think this is a good time to quit games
>>
>>389538207
Why does this one guy not understanding even the most basic platforming mean all games journalists are bad at games?
>>
>>389542839
this topic keeps popping up again and again that's why.
>>
>>389542929
But people surely understand the blanket statement that "all games journalists are bad at games" is false, right?
>>
>>389542998
the point that is made is that there is more often than not much to be desired.
>>
>>389541864
Aw shit was it that easy
>>
>>389544724
how is italy tiny though
>>
>>389545958
Consider America
>>
>jump with A and dash with Y

Sounds really uncomfortable to be honest.
>>
>get a "journalism" degree
>mom pressures you to finally find a job
>send CV's to every company
>some company names "Polygon" answers
>tells me that I will be a "game journalist"
>what the fuck is a "game journalist"
>doesn't matter need the job
>alright, time to make my first article
>"Cuphead" alright, lets start
>>
>>389547283
Even then it is just smol
>>
>>389540335
>comments disabled
>no like/dislike bar
the butthurt is real
>>
>same guy who gave Mass Effect a bad review because he didn't use the character points system
The fucking idiot is clueless.
>>
>>389548949
Why do you still have the job after that without getting your act together
>>
So is this guy fired yet or what
Been looking for a job
>>
File: 1495239131611.jpg (19KB, 320x299px) Image search: [Google]
1495239131611.jpg
19KB, 320x299px
>>389538249
You play games and then you update your journal
>>
>>389550203
They never get fired for stuff like this because all the games journalists go defense force because they too are shit at games
>>
What is it about video games that make seemingly sensible people into retards?

I have a dentist friend and that's decently respectable. I imagine you need a fairly good head on your shoulders for that. I give them a video game to play though and they just can't function. They can't even follow or understand simple prompts on the screen correctly and I really just don't get it.
>>
>people are falling for this blatant viral marketing attempt
>>
>>389551229
>viral marketing
I'm not even american ik spreek Nederlands als mijn moedertaal dus deze video kon niet van mij zijn geweest.
>>
>>389550696
"Judge not and ye shall not be judged" aka if they start firing incompetent journalist I might be next, so we better group up and blame gamergate.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.