[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: dishonored.jpg (538KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dishonored.jpg
538KB, 1920x1080px
Discuss.
>>
Aside from DH2 being terribly unoptimized I really enjoyed it. I played through it a bunch of times and I always surprised myself with how I could find new routes. That being said this plot seems... kinda dumb. Maybe they'll do something amazing with it. But "we gotta kill the Outsider" sounds like a B movie plot or something, I dunno. Especially with these characters in particular - why? It might make sense if they were doing a game where you were playing the character of an Overseer who gets missions from the Oracular Order and end up hunting down the Outsider, using your music box to shut down his magicks and shit.

Why not explore the other two islands in the empire? Go to Pandyssia? Use new characters entirely instead of recycling the old? Seems like there were a lot of other plots that would be more interesting, and I can't imagine the series will continue after this. Where do you go from "kill the outsider"? Unless it's an "always must be a lich king/davy jones/whatever" situation
>>
>>389537873
Send off of the series, Arkane are probably done with it. Gameplay wise 2 wasn't a huge jump and this DLC's powers aren't drastically different.
>>
>>389537663
>inb4 /pol/ invades the thread
>>
Dishonored was so shit, I finished it in 4 hours and honestly wondered how anyone could praise it, unless you're falling for it's tricks regarding stealth?
>>
Arkane has truly mastered the art of making great games that sell like shit. I dunno about the new DLC. I think I'll probably get the GOTY version with everything in 2019.
>>
>>389537873
Not to mention killing god and fucking around with the void seems like a terrible idea, especially when it's purely based on Daud once again pushing the blame on others.

>Sure I was a famous mass murderer for 14 years before meeting the Outsider, but the Outsider is the real bad guy, I was just a tool since he gave me powers
>Sorry, Corvo, I'm going to have to have you killed because you are too dangerous
>>
>>389537989
>The pol bullies, mommy
>>
I saw some gameplay and noticed the mana is split in 3 and it regenerates on it's own even if you spam it. Does that mean mana potions are gone or they will be used in case you want to spam more shit and not wait?
>>
>>389537663
I'm not a regular on /v/ but ... this is a marketer thread right? I'm seeing this thread with the exact same picture every god damn fucking day here.

I mean, wtf is there to talk about? Person who was Daud's right hand woman in the first Dishonored DLC and the boatwoman in the second Dishonored game will kill the Outsider. What is there to talk about?
>>
>>389538506
Shills most definitely.

Todd if you're reading this, fuck you.
>>
Well they still haven't fucking fixed Dishonored 2s engine. The game runs like shit on any PC so I'm not even remotely considering this game.
>>
>>389538375
post video
>>
I really want so badly for this game to tank hard that I feel autistic about it
>>
>>389537989

>point out a strange trend of catering to small minorities
>OMG /pol/ IS HERE NEO NAZIS OMG RACIST OMG
>>
>>389539809
>spam stupid racist memes
>"""""pointing out"""""

Lmao?
>>
>>389540049
yeah, @ your life
>>
>>389537663
What's with this nigger's hair? Looks fucking weird.
>>
WE GONNA KILL AN ACTUAL GOD N SHIEET NIGGA
>WE GONNA KILL AN ACTUAL GOD N SHIEET NIGGA
>>
File: 1504522301911.jpg (44KB, 655x758px) Image search: [Google]
1504522301911.jpg
44KB, 655x758px
>>389539809

>Character that's been prominent in both the DLCs for the first game and in 2 gets put in the spotlight
>Catering to small minorities

Nobody except /v/ will know this expansion even came out after how everybody gave Dishonored 2 a wide berth because of its godawful PC port
>>
>>389540049
>spam stupid racist memes
FBI statistics are not stupid or racist or memes.
>>
>>389538215
When will Arkane make their Magnum Opus? Their God Hand?
>>
File: 1479145734119.webm (3MB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
1479145734119.webm
3MB, 640x344px
>>389538007
yer playing it wrong
>>
WE WUZ NIGRAS AND SHITE M8
>>
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>389542969
>implying it wasnt an SJW insert in the first place
>>
>>389545373
/v/ didn't care about SJWs back in 2013.
>>
>>389545281
based stealthgamerbr
>>
>>389537663
Ugly protag ruins it. They could've at least made her look cool.

Skipping this game just like I skipped Senua's Sacrifice and Horizon Zero Dawn for the same reason
>>
>>389545608
Up next: SJW refuses to play HL2 because it has a boring white male as the main character, even though you never see him anyway.
>>
>>389545869
ASSASHENZ
>>
>>389538375
Yes mana potions are gone, it's full regen now.
>>
>>389545861
That's fine. If that's really how they feel then what's wrong with that? I don't mind female protagonists but I want them to be visually appealing in some way
>>
File: Virgin prayer.jpg (183KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Virgin prayer.jpg
183KB, 864x1080px
>>389546394
This is the worst virgin-chad meme I have ever seen.
"Virgin" is supposed to be normal and uncomfortably relatable. Chad should be absurd.
>>
>>389546231
Because either way is a petty way to pick up or refuse to pick up a game because holy moly there are tons of games that are great but feature unattractive protagonists.
>>
http://youtu.be/f2JDto0KSr0
>>
>>389537663
DASSSSSSSSSS RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389537989
exactly what the marketer intended
>>
>>389546776
>t. triggered /v/irgin
>>
>single black character in a vidya, not here for diversity or any agenda by the devs, never in the game is there any political matter about her race
>character gets a spinoff dlc
>/pol/ shitposts to death the dlc
Still believe you're better than sjw?
>>
>>389548545
Well, I got you to delete the post out of shame.
>>
>>389537663
yes
>>
This expansion is going to sell so well, you all keep talking about it and giving it so much attention
>>
The first game was enough for me. The stealth system is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>389547067
There are even more games with aesthetically pleasing characters to play so why would I waste my time with one that isn't?
>>
File: 1429469930387.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1429469930387.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>389537663
Stop making these fucking threads you retard.
>>
File: ico.jpg (241KB, 933x523px) Image search: [Google]
ico.jpg
241KB, 933x523px
>>389552057
You clearly have not played very many games
>>
>>389545482
t. newfag. Not only /v/ cared, no one cried /pol/ whenever someone brought them up.
>>
outsider dindu nuffin
>>
File: Dishonored2_Overseer_730x411.jpg (154KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored2_Overseer_730x411.jpg
154KB, 730x411px
so what's gonna happen to the overseers?
>>
>>389537663
can't wait
>>
>>389553350
It was cancer then and its cancer now. Kill yourself.
>>
Obligatory The Outsider did nothing wrong post.
>>
WE WUZ GOD KILLAS N SHIEEET
>>
What shall we do with the stinky /pol/tards?
>>
>>389537663
It's more expensive than what I got the base game for, that's basically all I know about it.
Both Dishonored and 2 are amazing games though so I doubt this will be any different.
>>
So I'm gonna play the base game soon. Who should I start with for my first playthrough? Corvo or Emily?
>>
>>389560805
Emily is easier. Corvor is fun for killlin' everything play trough but it might be slighter more difficult.
>>
>>389560805
Emily cause her Far Reach is fun and op, you can snatch guards while on a roof and kill, choke or let them dive into a wall and you can also grab items from afar. She also has Domino which can clear room and be combined with other powers or gear.
Corvo can stop time though.
>>
Liked both games but i feel like they keep stepping on same rake over and over. They improved non lethal part, but still almost nothing can stop you because you are op with even few powers (Non power runs making game kinda bland for me) Ai improved in some way but it still retarded in sone ways. Setting is interesting but game never expresses it too much. It's like they have good ideas and vision for game but never have time to put it together or tweak it. Even when D2 been shorter to make chapters more varied it didn't accomplished much imo.
>>
File: 1447188049178.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
1447188049178.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
Replaying Dishonored 2 on High Chaos in anticipation of this. It's even better than I remembered it being. I love the atmosphere just oozing from every single level. I love all the edgy dialogue both Corvo and Emily dish out. I love how everything is more chaotic now and people act like even bigger assholes than they did in Low Chaos. God, I love these games. I hope the rumors about this being the last Dishonored game ever are untrue.
>>
>>389561893
Unfortunately it's likely the studio will be shut down or gutted after this. Bethesda did a poor job of marketing 2 and didn't even bother to let anyone know that a new Prey game was even being made until a week before it was released. Damn shame too, because the only other modern stealth games I'm aware of are Styx, which is very good but from an indie company that doesn't put much stuff out, and Thief, which was mediocre at best.
>>
>>389537873
This plot does sound pretty dumb, but it's not like Dishonored is known for having good plots.

>Why not explore the other two islands in the empire? Go to Pandyssia?
I don't want that in an expansion. Expansions are about recycling assets while designing new cool stuff.

Dishonored 3 should be set in Tyvia, if it ever happens. And I agree it should have brand new characters.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.