[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 32

File: 14234752733.png (315KB, 583x782px) Image search: [Google]
14234752733.png
315KB, 583x782px
What went wrong?
>>
The game had an interesting premise until it turned out to be a survival game
>>
>>389536539
Why does everything have to be a survival game? It could have been an awesome linear and well thought out narative single player campaign.
>>
>>389536329
>doubled the content
>what the fuck why do I have to pay for the additional content reeee

why do people do this. Just don't buy it nigga like close your eyes.
>>
>>389536329
This early access bullshit needs to stop. This is getting ridiculous. Who in their right mind would pay full price for an alpha of a game?
>>
>>389536329
>What went wrong?
their desperation
ever since battleborne flopped they're trying to stay alive with really shitty pricing, first bulletstorm remaster for 50$+denuvo then this

idk what they're doing, it's not a competitive price at all, especially for games like those
>>
they have to pull another colonial marines to pay for borderlands 3
>>
>>389536663
That's a really badass comment, Randy.
>>
>>389536329
>$50
>for a game that can be completed in 5 minutes
>>
I'm surprised gearbox still have money to invest after blunderborn
>>
>>389536690
probably the same idiots who bought early access dlc for ARK.
>>
>>389536690
Stop saying alpha you retard.
>>
File: iPF_JWuV.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
iPF_JWuV.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
We have to make back the losses on Blunderborn somehow! Tough Luck Haha!
>>
how the fuck are gearbox still in business I'll never understand
>>
>>389536734
Gearbox has tons of money from all the shilling /v/ did for Memelands
>>
>>389536329
Wow that's absolutely fuckign nuts
>>
>>389536883
You mean tons of money from ripping off Sega.
>>
>>389536329
It could have been an interesting story driven horror game.
Instead, it's a dumb craft & survive game. Why, god, why.
>>
File: DJBTn3HXgAAP8Jd.jpg (28KB, 940x535px) Image search: [Google]
DJBTn3HXgAAP8Jd.jpg
28KB, 940x535px
Reminder Valve is going to overhaul the review system yet again to work around dev fuck ups
>>
>>389536982
BASED VALVE !!!
>>
>>389536329
>Indie game goes mainstream
>Magically gains all the cancer inherent with a AAA release.
Sucking the soul out of games is down to a science already, just like the abomination Shadow of War has been morphed into.
>>
>>389536806
the game is still in alpha and u can't deny it
>>
File: C56Xt5KWcAARAwx.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
C56Xt5KWcAARAwx.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
I thought that $29.99 is too much for that crap. It has all red flags in tags that I could think of.
>>
>>389536329
>huh a bioshock like game
>probably infiltration and stuff
>nice premise, I always likes brave new world
>maybe building some kind of general awakening to-

>early access, open world, crafting, proceduraly generated, first person survival
fuck you
>>
>>389536869
Because they are a developer, not a publisher.

Publishers lose money if a game flops, not a developer. Developers are paid by a publisher to make a game, they are paid before it launches.
>>
>>389536663
>3 Characters were added to your Battleborn account

>>389537140
This. My Huxley fantasy is ruined
>>
File: Randy_with_card.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Randy_with_card.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>389536970
Randy really is quite the magician. First he made all those funds from Sega disappear, and then he took Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition and transformed it into something completely terrible.
>>
>>389536329

Nothing because the devs added a way to get around all the crafting mechanics. WHF is still a an above average, if imperfect, game.

inb4 cuck shill go pirate it if you think it's not worth $60. It'll probably run better too.
>>
>>389536329
What the fuck is Randy doing? How much more badass will the game be now?
>>
File: Screenshot_377.png (96KB, 234x258px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_377.png
96KB, 234x258px
>>389536982
>>389536996

Make sense. Reviews should not be "OMG THEY DID A THING I HATE!!! LET PUNISH THEM BY MAKING BAD REVIEWS!!"

That's not how it should work. Having hordes of people review the game badly because they did X thing recently but before they did the game was rated higher, is weird.
>>
>>389536982
>to work around dev fuck ups
What doesn that mean?
Shouldn't games get bad reviews when devs fuck up?
>>
>>389537140
survival, crafting, open world are all "genres" that basically make me automatically ignore the game now.
>>
>>389536539
It was a survival game from the very get go, people just nevertheless heard about the original kickstarter and assumed the super misleading e3 trailer was it's first reveal
>>
>>389537276
that's retarded. the reviews are there to sway potential buyers of the game AT THAT MOMENT.
>>
>>389537276
Let's just ban user reviews altogether. Only Gaming Journalists should be allowed to review games.
>>
>>389537157
>Because they are a developer, not a publisher
they're both now http://www.gearboxpublishing.com/
and it really depends on what kind of deal you have with the publisher, sometimes it may just be limited to distribution, gearbox made losses on blunderborne, not just 2k
>>
>Subnautica, the only tolerable game in the genre is 20 bucks
>thinking this shit will sell for thrice that
>>
File: 1502340998816.jpg (163KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1502340998816.jpg
163KB, 800x533px
>>389537276
Strap yourselves in fuckbois. Its food analogy time.

>You visit my restaurant two or three times a week and get the same meal. The Happy Few special.
>You enjoy it a bit, its fairly priced for what it is, and the content is fine.
>You rate my business on Yahoo or whatever 5 stars and say you enjoy the Happy Few special
Time skip
>You visit my restaurant again
>The Happy Few is now double the price, and I've added the ingredient of my own shit on top of it

>You are not allowed to update your review to reflect that I now serve overpriced shit
u fukin wot
>>
>>389536329
Christ Randy just makes bad decisions one after the other.

Surely this can't go on for much longer? Gearbox has squandered what goodwill they had and wasted tons of money on blunderborne, dick kick'em etc
>>
>>389536982
why not also let people leave reviews or general impressions for devs themselves?
>>
>>389537257
I dont get how you can use Jory Caron as a persona on the web. Everybody know that the star of the show is his collegue.

>>389537332
No. Reviews should be about the game, not about "I HATE GEARBOX!!!". Reviews are not a punishing tool but an information tool. Before Gearbox was announced as a publisher, the game was well liked, and now, the game is somehow worst because Gearbox is on a lead position? No.

Reviews should review the game and the Price to Quality Ratio, not "It's from a dev that recently said "I dont like puppies!!!" Boycott them!!!"
>>
>>389537402
Thanks, I only understand food analogies.
>>
>>389536982
I like how they didn't give a shit about this until people started doing it to DOTA 2.
>>
>>389537258
Randy has nothing to do with our partnership with Gearbox I swear!
T. We Happy Few Devs
>>
>>389537402
That's not what happened though.
>Visit a restaurant that had good reviews
>Food taste good, I like my experience
>I come back next week
>Food is more expensive because they got bought by a new management company
>Food still taste the same.

Reviews should say "The game is not worth the price increase", not "I HATE GEARBOX!!!"
>>
>>389537550
Right, it tastes the same and is now overpriced as a result.

You stupid cunt.
>>
>>389537474
Jesus, you're right.
>>
>How to kill your game:
>Early acces
>Openworld, crafting, survival genre
Bonus points:
>Get gearbox involved
>>
>>389537550
What do you think the "do not reccomend" button is?
>>
>>389537459
>price goes up for arbitrary reason while STILL in early access
>somehow not related to gearbox
>>
>>389537550
>check reviews
>food is good, waiter called me fat
Oh well, if the food is good that's what matters.
>food is terrible, waiter call me fat
Not worth my time then.

Or are you too stupid to read and just need an arbitrary number?
>>
>>389537592
Not exactly. Just because it was cheaper, does not mean it's not worth the money now with the increase.
Depend on how much Quantity/Price Ratio you had before versus now.
>>
You people suck at food analogies.
>>
>>389536329

See what happens when you bet on DUKE

you fucking LOSE LMAO!!!
>>
File: tumblr_o4kus2BP9d1u25kiio1_1280.jpg (181KB, 1280x1164px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4kus2BP9d1u25kiio1_1280.jpg
181KB, 1280x1164px
>>389537489
>4chan reaction image
>>
File: JGqITks.png (11KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
JGqITks.png
11KB, 160x160px
>>389537709
Are you being a dense cunt on purpose?
>>
>>389537652
The point is, that reviews overall scores should not be affected by passing controversies. If you have 2 days where there is 200 bad reviews when you used to get 10 a day, then it probably mean that the devs did something a part of the population didnt like. If the trend after that of Good vs Bad reviews keep going, then you erase the Outliars.

There is a reason why Metacritic User scores are useless. It's a bunch of 10 and 0.

>>389537660
Except that Steam has a Binary system. Recommended or Not Recommended. The amount of Good vs Bad decided the overall rating. That's why Steam has a "Recent" vs "Overall" rating and not just an Overall or a Recent.
>>
>>389537839
>The point is, that reviews overall scores should not be affected by passing controversies.

Yes they should, you dense cunt.
>>
>>389537713
Man, reading your post is like going to a restaurant and the waitress gives you the wrong food.
>>
>>389536690
But PUBG is selling tens of millions!
>>
>>389537709
Whether it's worth the increase or not is not the issue, it's up to personal tastes if the game contents is worth your money, what is questionable is just to pick it up and arbitrarily make it more expensive and add literally nothing to it.
>>
>>389537758
If you used to have a Huge burgers with fries and a Milkshake for 6$, and that the new company now charge 12$ for it, the meal is still a good value and still worth the 12 $.

If you boost the price of a Big Mac by double, then it's not worth it.

Quality/Price Ratio.
>>
>>389537839
>Except that Steam has a Binary system.
So you read what the person writing the review said and skip over the angry fanboy responses you daft cunt.
>>
From what I have seen, Gearbox seem to want it to become a complete Bioshock experience. They want to turn it from the survival game it was into a long campaign with an ending and everything.

If -- *IF* -- it works, good for them. Maybe I'll buy it when it goes on sale. Otherwise this is an incredibly risky venture and might backfire horribly.
>>
>>389537860
No. Outliars from Social Justice Warriors should not be counted.

That's why they are called Outliars. You do not count Extreme and fringe cases in Statistics for a reason.
>>
File: 6AtJWkA.png (10KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
6AtJWkA.png
10KB, 160x160px
>>389537886
No, you dense cunt. It means I'm now being charged double for the exact same product I got previously for no justifiable increase in quality.

You dense cunt.
>>
>>389537938
>Game permanently changes something to make your enjoyment decline to the point you no longer recommend it
>LOL CAN'T CHANGE YOUR REVIEW

Stop being a dense cunt, you cunt.
>>
Good. Because the game was complete shit before. I can only see them improving it.
>>
>>389537945
You seem to be the dense one. Just because something under priced is now priced correctly, does not mean it's not still worth it.

Offer and Demand.

>>389537931
And that's why Steam is implementing a system to sort "Controversies" out of the normal population of reviews.
>>
>>389537839
>passing controversies.
It's still 50 bucks for a game that isn't worth it. People don't recommend it for it's price tag. While some shitbags are riding the trend, it's not like all people not recommending it are just doing it out of spite.
For example; I love Saints Row 2, but if it jumped to 50 bucks, I'd not recommend it either. Not out of hate for Volition, but just because it's not worth 50 anymore.
>>
>>389537937
I fucking hope so.
>>
I don't blame the devs it was entirely the person who owns compulsions games fault. They could have managed distribution themselves plenty of small indie devs have done so by getting themselves ass raped by sony or microsoft for a larger cut but that is leagues better than partnering with *Not Randys Gearbox but he still profits from it* publishing.

There is no way in hell that their PR can fix being shot in the foot and landing on a cock and catching Pozz. They are banking on that console retards will fix everything, they don't understand even those mental invalids browse the internet for game reviews and will see GEAR BOX and instantly ignore the game.
>>
>>389537978
That is different. If the game had an update that now broke several elements of the game, sure.

But if the game stay the same but then they just announce "FUCK CATS!" and now Cat fags come and post a ton of angry reviews about how they love cats and hate the devs, then it's has nothing to do with the game.
>>
>>389538000
>under-priced
I decide what price is worth it, as does every customer. If I consider it now over priced, its over priced.

You dense cunt.
>>
File: Screenshot_378.png (208KB, 643x892px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_378.png
208KB, 643x892px
>>389538017
Then mention the price increase, and how you think it's not worth it. Do not do like people do right now and shit on Gearbox and nothing else.
>>
>>389538061
>they just announce "FUCK CATS!"
then catfags can get as annoyed as they like. nobody forced them to announce "fuck cats"
>>
>>389538104
>Then mention the price increase
How about you actually read the reviews in the image you posted. Most of them are just that.
>>
>>389538072
Except that we have something called Foodcost in the food industry. If the amount you charge is lower than the sum of your ingredient, you lose money.

If the amount of things you offer is higher than what your price is, then you are losing money. You might be sad it's higher now, but the MARKET decide what is overpriced or not, not you as an individual without any imagination for insults.
>>
The main reason they most probably went with Gearbox is because every publisher shot them down because the game was incomplete and doomed for failure.

Bobby was right again.
>>
>>389538176
>If the amount you charge is lower than the sum of your ingredient, you lose money.
Then get a new supplier to maintain your current prices. Otherwise you directly pass the decrease in profit to your customers, and we hate that shit and change our reviews to reflect how incompetent you are.

You're arguing a shit point here.
>>
>>389536329
Gearbox is synonymous with garbage.
The only game close to good that they released was Homeworld Remastered, and they even managed to fuck that up.
>>
>>389538104
They do mention the price increase, and they also mention fuck gearbox, because they are responsible for the hike. It's not like tagging that on at the end makes the rest of the review invalid. People were offered the game for half the price before, of course they are going to be reasonably angry.
>>
>>389538232

more likely EA told them to add guns or no deal
>>
>>389538241
>Price of Beef goes up 200%
>Cant boost the price of my beef based items because people will be angry

You are.
>>
>>389538176
>>389538241
What is with /v/ and food
We need a food board
>>
>>389538475
>>Cant boost the price of my beef based items because people will be angry
Yeah, they will get angry, and they will alter their review when your McShitter Burger is now overpriced.

Get dunked on.
>>
>>389538475
Did the cost of developers go up 200% in recent years? Did valve increase their cut by 100%?

Grasping at straw here m8
>>
>>389538475
>price of beef goes up
>don't start using crappier cuts to keep costs down
You're a shit businessman.
>>
>>389537276
>from the guys who made contrast
but contrast was a good game
>>
>>389537157
they will go under anyways when no publisher wants to work with them
>>
>>389538176
Except in food, each item needs to be worth more than the initial cost in order to profit. Digital media does not need this. Movies, vidya, and music don't operate this way. You make your the initial cost of your product based purely on number of sales. Selling 5 copies at $60, vs selling 15 copies at $30. It's a marketing and business strategy. Will your game be good and popular enough for masses to spend $60, or do you need a lower price point to entice buyers to pull the trigger?
>>
>>389536624
Having 4 bars that decrease over time and fill 90% of the """gameplay""" is easier than writing an awesome linear and well thought out narrative.

Survival "games" are plate spinners. Theres nothing else to do in them, but they're easy to make.
>>
>>389538839

Not if they scale down to smaller A/AA games which they'll still charge $60 for. Gearbox will probably make a lot of money from this deal, considering that most of WHF's procedural generation system is done, so they only need to pump in assets for the latter two episodes.
>>
What are the chances Compulsion games will post that someone broke into their office and stole all their shit and they forgot to make a backup
>>
>>389537276
>devs ruin the game after release
>instead of letting people know they screwed it up they will now have to guess if the game is any good based on reviews from before they screwed up the game
>>
>>389537276
>Bought ARK right when it went up for early access
>It was a pretty good game for being so early in development, the price was right, and it was getting meaningful updates
>Leave a positive review
>Start playing with /vg/ and have a lot of fun
>Slowly they start to add less meaningful content and put bug fixes/optimization on the backburner on favor of wacky bullshit like Halloween and Thanksgiving events
>Updates start to become less frequent and less stable
>Instead of the meta getting more fun, it starts to get worse
>Fun things start to get nerfed into the ground
>By now I've pretty much stopped playing
>Expansion pack gets announced before the game is even out (although to be fair, I do think it was a quality expansion, even if I oppose early access DLC on principle)
>Flying mounts get nerfed
>Oxygen gets nerfed
>Combat and shooting still feels as shitty as it did years ago
>The game obviously is only going downhill
>Change my review accordingly
>"WOOOWBUT YOU PUT 500 HOURS INTO IT HOW COULD IT BE BAD XD"
>>
File: BobPage.png (296KB, 515x510px) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
296KB, 515x510px
>>389536691
OH YES
>>
>>389539007
that only works the first few times, gearbox isnt ea, the fact that they are stepping as low as to try to make money by buying an old indy game and making more marketing for it shows they are all out of options
>>
>Gearbox

Oh, so this is the game they're stealing money from to fund Borderlands 3. I guess it's less illegal than embezzling Sega.
>>
>>389538104
>HMMM LET ME JUST SELECT A FEW CHOICE REVIEWS TO PROVE MY POINT AFTER MOVING THE GOAL POSTS AND BEING BTFO
Really makes that ticker tock, huh?
>>
>>389536691
I was gonna buy bullet storm remaster then
>denuvo
And nope.

There's a bell that sounds somewhere, tolling for every lost sale
"Denuuuuuvo" it rings "Denuuuuuvo!"
>>
>>389538475
What about mustard dlc?
>>
>>389536624
Survival crafting games are the newest vidya Fad
like the Cod era where every game was a Realistic FPS
or the JRPG style era of the 90s
and so on
>>
>>389539115
As much fun as I had with Ark, official servers were just pure fucking cancer, and private servers almost always ended up being shit because the admins would be power hungry cunts spawning themselves in everything they want. The only way to have fun in official servers on Ark was to either literally have no life, or somehow join a massive tribe, and then everything is shared except the higher ups personal mounts
>Takes 10-20 real life hours to tame anything worthwhile
>Grinding supplies for a base takes a while, and you're fairly vulnerable grinding them out, especially if you took out a mount to a good grinding spot
>Offline raids are pure cancer and you have now way to protect your shit unless you invest in expensive as hell turrets, plant turrets will easily be blown up
>You can log in and find that your 100s of hours worth of work have all been stolen/killed overnight
Not to mention that now people who pay for the dlc expansions can take the overpowered as fuck dragons, golems, and whatever the hell is going to be in the next expansion and bring them over to the vanilla servers to sell to the highest bidder
>>
File: 1446481704720.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1446481704720.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>389537093
>u
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 571x284px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 571x284px
>>389536329
>the developers had to make it very clear that randy has nothing to do with this
I love how everyones catching up to randy's cancer
>>
>>389540760
How does Randy not feel intense shame every day? His studio is literally advertising that "Hey Randy didn't work on this, pls buy!"
>>
>buying 60 dollar games
Sorry if you faggots are going to put 400 dollars of DLC on every single game why are people buying 1/4th of a game for 60 dollars?
>>
>>389540819
Dude has autism, that's the only explanation for the way he acts.
>>
>>389540430
Wait there are no official pve servers in that shit? For real?
>>
>>389540819
he does but he's hiding it well
>>
File: Haas.jpg (67KB, 368x332px) Image search: [Google]
Haas.jpg
67KB, 368x332px
>>389540760
Oh god, they're playing it cool but you can easily tell they know.
>>
File: 1500627242216.png (494KB, 632x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1500627242216.png
494KB, 632x1212px
>>389536329
Daily reminder that randy deserves everything ge gets
>>
>>389540885
I think there are official pve servers, but it gets old very quick considering there's really not a lot to do in the game outside of combat. You still spend forever taming anything worthwhile, and in the end a tamed mount that you level up enough is never in danger of getting killed by wild creatures, unless you run into a Giga. Base building gets old fast because there's honestly not a lot of creative structures you can build with the limit materials, you really just want to make your base out of stone at least, but preferably metal, and honeycomb it so they have to break in multiple times to steal your shit.
>>
>>389540760

Randy is not involved but he still profits off Gearbox publishing
>>
>>389536869
Gearbox is probably going to close soon. A few sites have reported about this during the last couple of months and Gearbox has removed all annual financial statements from their site. When you try to contact them and ask to get one you are simply ignored. In my opinion Gearbox is desperately trying to build up some equity before the end of this annum because they are pretty much facing insolvency.
>>
>>389540760
Why would they remind people of Blunderstorm if they wanted to dodge bad PR?
>>
>>389536329
It's a small indie studio that has been growing so quickly it's been difficult to keep pace. Because of their E3 showing, there's been increased pressure from the audience for a much higher quality/full-featured product than they could deliver at their present scale.

Gearbox saw this, offered them an opportunity to get a bunch of cash and deliver on the expectations. Now little indie has to deal with the Blunderborn fallout and Pitfordmania, despite having a pretty slick game.
>>
>>389540760
Even the devs know that getting picked up by Gearbox was a bad idea, even trying to be positive neans mentioning Randy. They either got desperate with publishing costs on all platforms or Randy had a "badass" deal so if all fails (because they missed the "crafting survival"boat) at least maybe the devs won't go bankrupt.
>>
>>389541419
>Pretty slick game
>Open world procedural generation survival crafting
>>
File: 1496757247728.png (92KB, 592x854px) Image search: [Google]
1496757247728.png
92KB, 592x854px
>>389536329
why developers are retarded enough to fall for Pitchford's lies?
Cant they fucking see how bad bulletstorm HD flopped? Not to mention how much backslash they got with the G2A deal?
>>
>>389537276
Review Bombing raises awareness, there isn't really any other platform you could rely on as people have woken up to the fact that """Journalist""" are trash at their jobs.

It got Take-Two of all companies to backpedal on their modding stance once they saw the backlash
>>
File: IMG_3031.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3031.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>389541621
best timeline

You can literally tell a CEO of a company that you are insulted at the idea of him speaking to you and he can't do shit
>>
>>389541621

>Stealing someone else's OC

you fags weren't even there to ask Dobson about inflation
>>
File: 1504705934817.jpg (324KB, 758x747px) Image search: [Google]
1504705934817.jpg
324KB, 758x747px
>>389537230
>>
File: 1416741179804.png (29KB, 606x336px) Image search: [Google]
1416741179804.png
29KB, 606x336px
>>389536329
>>389541359
>tfw Randy had to delay Memelands 3 because Destiny 2 was gonna destroy his shitty game
>tfw Randy was about to announce a new Brothers in Arms early this year but got cock blocked by Call of Duty WWII
>tfw activison/blizzard will stop at nothing to destroyed Randy's wretched career
>>
>>389540650
Are a big guy
>>
File: IMG_2958.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2958.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>389542290
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't CoD started because some Medal of Honor guys wanted to get away from the special agent shit and make a game about a frontline soldier?
>>
>>389538104
>>389538104
wtf, many comments on the forums and on this screencap mention how the game went up in the mexican store
Who the fuck gives a flying fuck about mexicans? they should be working unfucking their country, not playing vidya
>>
File: IMG_8247.jpg (95KB, 1200x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8247.jpg
95KB, 1200x777px
>>389541893
Is dobson the most amazing political cartoonist of our time?
>>
File: 1368169800573.gif (499KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1368169800573.gif
499KB, 373x373px
>>389536869

Because of retards that actually think Borderlands is a good series.
>>
File: 1484770750381.jpg (439KB, 635x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1484770750381.jpg
439KB, 635x1252px
>>389542519
Yes, but that wont stop Randy Pitchford from lying
The fucker goes around telling how he won the gearbox name from gabe newell on a poker game, or how his grandad invented the rabbit in a hat trick
>>
File: 1475243787198.png (94KB, 634x826px) Image search: [Google]
1475243787198.png
94KB, 634x826px
>>389541893
>Stealing someone else's OC
You mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UApyd20yK5s
>>
>>389542290
So I was working on a report about Gearbox' financial status including a forecast a few weeks ago but for certain reasons I didn't need to finish it anymore.

Would people be interested if I put something together, like a report file or even a little video?
>>
File: lulgearfucks.jpg (41KB, 585x302px) Image search: [Google]
lulgearfucks.jpg
41KB, 585x302px
I bought the early access when it forst arrived and refunded 2 weeks later. Dodged a bullet here.

Funny that they have to specify it has nothing to do with Randy.
>>
>>389543268
Man, I do kinda feel bad for the developers. They knew all along what was coming their way with that move.
>>
File: 1485804604359.jpg (48KB, 446x434px) Image search: [Google]
1485804604359.jpg
48KB, 446x434px
>>389536329
Why? Is Randy just trying to kill games that aren't Battleborn, one at a time?
>>
Wow a woman made a joke
>>
>>389543172
Of course. Just don't make it too long I'm ADD retarded
>>
>>389536982
>>389537276
Translated
>people shouldn't be allowed to change their opinions when a developer fucks about, better censor negativity so we don't lose money
Good goyims
>>
>>389543172

Yessss do it
>>
>>389537474
But in that case they literally weren't reviewing the game at that point.

Retards were mad cuz
>WTF NO HL3 VLAVEE????? FUKK UUUUUUU AND FUKKKK DODDAAA

If they were complaining because of some change with the game, it would be one thing.
>>
>>389537286

They did this exact thing with Starbound came out.

>Starbound released on steam
>it's a an unoptimized embarrassment with no content
>Mostly Negative reviews
>Steam changes how reviews are calculated
>Turns Positive the next day

Reviews are a scam, Valve has no interest in making you not want to buy games because they get a 30% cut regardless.
>>
And nothing was lost, an original idea ruined by EA survival open world crafting shit now has Randy's name on it.

Gearbox has months left, they are circling the drain and it shows.
>>
>>389537330
there were also plenty of articles before the EA release talking about how it was a survival game, it was never going to be the bioshock styled game people expected
>>
>>389540650
>I really don't have anything to say so I'm just gonna jump on the first thing I find
pathetic
>>
>>389537550
I think it's more
>Visit a restaurant that had good reviews
>Food taste good, I like my experience
>I come back next week
>Food is more expensive because they got bought by a new management company
>Food still taste the same.
>But this new company also embezzled funds from your favorite restaurant and made it turn into shit.
>This new restaurant doesn't give a shit about that because all they want is money.
I think reviewing it as I HATE GEARBOX is fine. They are literal criminals and Randy should be in jail. Anyone that even considers working with Gearbox deserves 0 dollars and should be run out of the industry.
>>
>>389544546
That's not what happened. Starbound has always had positive reviews from a group of people who were too stubborn to let go and somehow managed to find fun in the game.
Even No Man's Sky has idiots who think the game is good
That being said, the next review algorithm will probably censor negativity because Valve doesn't care about quality so long as they get money
>>
The game is hardly a survival game where most of the stuff comes from quests and there's a clear goal. You can turn off survival crap and go full Bioshock or you cat turn the dial into full pathologic mode
>>
>>389538176
You know the free market only works when it's full of rational actors right? By doing this you're trying to undermine that system.

Free market != oh well there's nothing we can do I guess we better just get fucked in the ass! :^)
FREE MARKET ===== GET MAD WHEN BUSINESSES FUCK UP, STOP BUYING THEIR SHIT, AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO NOT BUY THEIR SHIT
>>
>>389543750
>>389544364
Okay, I will do it. I will however need a week or so, as I have other reports to finish and I want to try to get some information about the issue which I was not able to get during my initial try.
>>
>>389536539
>>389536624
The real crime is that intro they released that sets it up to be a single player game. Shit about a brother that died and is the catalyst for your break. Shit about a war vet that hides out avoiding the pills. There was a ton of shit there. Then they just up and made it a survival game for no reason. My only guess is that management changed at some point or something.
>>
why do you even need to ask? gearbox is what went wrong. they ruin everything they touch (not that the game was particularly good before)
>>
File: 1504626803479.png (207KB, 420x460px) Image search: [Google]
1504626803479.png
207KB, 420x460px
>>389537276
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>389541992
>Micropenis is a gender
>>
>gearbox
lol
>>
BADASS
>>
File: 1497112673387.jpg (165KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1497112673387.jpg
165KB, 1200x675px
>>389536329
Dont you die on me
>>
>>389537276
That's exactly how it should work you retard.
>>
File: deadbreakers.jpg (73KB, 745x384px) Image search: [Google]
deadbreakers.jpg
73KB, 745x384px
*breathes in*
>>
>>389536539
This made me give up on it. Now they're giving me two more reasons to never touch it. No idea what they're thinking.
>>
File: 1404709806897.jpg (72KB, 482x471px) Image search: [Google]
1404709806897.jpg
72KB, 482x471px
>>389552048
People still play Brink?
>>
>>389537474
>anon actually is right
fuck this is sad
>>
>>389552554

Went free to play a little bit ago
>>
>>389542663
>hyper christian organization
>hail satan
???
>>
>>389536539
>blue pill named Joy that turned people into violent mutated retards

HMmmmmmmm
>>
>>389537474
Serves them right for abusing the system. Get your crybaby complaints about Half Life out of DOTA2 and take it to the Half Life page. It's thanks to those idiots that everyone has to suffer.
>>
File: 1440978633541.png (2MB, 1024x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440978633541.png
2MB, 1024x1080px
>>389553358
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Happy_Few
wow holy shit
>>
>>389536539
Isnt it like pathologic? Mostly story based single player survival
>>
Where is some more information about the steam review update? Is it just the histogram or is there more to it?
>>
>>389553529
>>389553358

all almonds are activated and accounted for
>>
>>389542290
Nigga please stop killing all my hope in bl3 i know is probably going to by a progresive shit fest with badass memes and shit but i want to believe bl is one of my favorite games, stop it
>>
Why does Gearbox turn everything they touch into shit? Randy Pitchfork is the King Midas of shit
>>
How long til we see We Happy Few inspired skins in Battleborn
>>
>>389536663
Shut the fuck up Randy
>>
>>389536329
>What went wrong?
Gearbox. Literally one of the worst of the worst.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.