[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we want to see from settlements in the next Bethesda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0575.jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0575.jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
What do we want to see from settlements in the next Bethesda game?
I feel that the next elder scrolls will be an excellent opportunity for large scale city building and named NPCs to provide radiant quests, instead of having the radiant quests affect the main guilds and factions
>>
>>389535507
Them actually having a role on the world and not just a place to dump shit.
Quests, defenses actually meaning anything
there are probably more that i'm forgetting but this are the more crucial ones.
>>
>>389535507
P R O P E R. S N A P P I N G
>>
>>389536193
You didn't like the 90 degree snapping and lack of matching pieces?
>>
>>389536139
They affected the world plenty, don't you remember the defence quests?
>>
>>389535507
Not gutting locations to turn them into shitty settlements would be a start.
>>
Better defense mechanics. I want my settlements to be invincible to attacks after full upgrade.
>>
>>389537026
and like i said on my second paragraph, those defenses actually mean anything, you can put missile sentries in the entire settlement but if you're not there your settlement is raided, never mind that the moment you fast travel it will be over in a second
>>
I don't want to see them. Stop wasting time on this shit and build some real cities you asswipes.
>>
>>389535507
World where player decisions matters. And not the type of "choose X in dialogue and Y happens" shit. I mean things like killing a village ect with people would cause the place become ruins. Or if player helps village economy it would grow larger, become more lively ect shit.

Fuck the story, who cares since story in bethesda's game is shit anyway. Give us a fucking sandbox rpg we can play, explore and live in.
>>
>>389535507

Pointless and gay mechanic for fags, faggotrons and faggoloids, might as well not exist at all. Those little piss poachers at bethesda should have focused on a brand new engine and actually good gameplay instead of piling shit on a 30 year old game engine and then wondering why their shit sucks like Cody Lane.
>>
Just scrap the idea entirely of settlements entirely.

If not then basically what >>389536139 said.
Putting up walls, turrets, and guard posts didn't do shit against attacks. The walls just meant that the attackers would stand next to the walls and not do anything since they didn't program them to try and find an entrance, or break down the walls.
>>
Less settlements overall, like maybe 5-6 areas, so you don't have places like costal village which are shitholes.

Add more unique npcs or at least give the generic settlers more personality.

Don't use it as an excuse to shit out bullshit dlc that only adds settlement stuff.
>>
>>389535507
Give them a purpose or trash the concept. While fun to play around with, ultimately the only actual reason for me to build is to have somewhere to stash my shit. So premade houses like in tes and fo3/new vegas would be fine with me with some decor customization.
>>
>>389537682
Oh, and add random events to the settlements that can happen when you come back so it feels more alive, like two guys fighting and you have to solve the dispute for example.
>>
>>389535507
If settlement building is in another Bethesda game it'll most likely be in their new space RPG that they're making. I hope the settlements in that game are cool little bases with different functions like mining, production, or trade that we can set up and customize while allocating points how we see fit. Additionally these settlements should give the player distinct advantages in other areas of the game. Like a research facility introducing unique mods for weapons or a trading post that steadily increases good will with NPC run settlements allowing for easier bribe options or more lucrative trade options in the future.

What I want is a settlement system that is both fun to fuck around with while building, but also provides useful bonuses outside of straight money generation or combat prowess. The problem with settlements in Fallout 4 were that they weren't important to the rest of the game and they ended up being turned into vegetable starch/purified water farms. Give us some more micro/macro play with the settlements next time.
>>
I feel like if they do it with TES you could make things a lot simpler with the building items from an aesthetic standpoint to the point where you could limit yourself easily to building pretty substantial wood or stone villages or tent cities and such and it wouldn't be as hard to choose like it is in fallout.

The settlements just need a unique NPC that gives substantial quests and rewards to the people that join your settlements and have the settlements themselves interact with the world a little bit more be it patrols or trader protection or something similar. more variety and more already pre-patterend buildings, make them there own cells if you have to bethesda.
>>
>>389535507
fuck no. settlemants were an excuse to milk money with dlc packs for items that should have already been there from the start and give the devs less time building intresting Towns when the player could do it for them.

its cancer.
>>
>>389535507
Don't want them in there at all. They don't add anything to the game and serve no purpose. Every other Bethesda game managed fine without them, all this does is dumb the games down further to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>389537174
>build a Town full of turrets and guard posts
>the Town still gets attacked
>if your not in Town, the Défenses will fail and Everything will be broken regardless

awful system. only there to waste your time.
>>
>went autistic on one settlement on fallout4
>made a maze of turrets and funnels etc
>find out you wont get invaded anyway if you're in the green and have enough defense rating total
>>
>>389535507
>be an rpg
>get hand written and designed pre build quest hubs scrapped becouse muh settlements
>get 12 year old dicks hard becouse its a bethesda game despite being ok at best
beth needs to learn a lesson or go bancrupt
pirate theire games if you must play them
>>
>>389535507
Elder scrolls isn't for building like fallout is
>>
>>389538592
Fallout 3 only had one quest per town, it's no different than the 1 quest required to unlock each fallout settlement
>>
File: 1504313188493.jpg (66KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1504313188493.jpg
66KB, 419x249px
>>389538738
>radiant quests
>new vegas had actual quest lines in towns
try again
>>
>>389535507
Why about putting wasted time and resources where they belong, in story and actual gameplay.
>>
>>389537327
Honestly this. A dynamic world that changed based off your actions would give me the big penis
>>
>>389537294
This
Don't fucking cater to normies
>>
File: 1446015776643.jpg (2MB, 1609x3554px) Image search: [Google]
1446015776643.jpg
2MB, 1609x3554px
No one who actually cares about video games wants to see another Bethesda game.
>>
>>389538738
You're comparing the commonwealth of Dave quest line with "go here, kill everything, build a radio tower". You're a fucking idiot.
>>
The ability to make them actually look good
>>
>>389535507
I want them to rip off factorio even harder
>>
File: 1502671012165.gif (352KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502671012165.gif
352KB, 256x256px
>elder scrolls 6
>dwemer come back and bring a shitload of engineering with them
>settlement system has been expanded to include besiege like mechanics
>>
>>389535507
I want to see actual, interesting villages and shit to go to that are pre made, and maybe a smattering of settlements, quality over quantity, FO4 had way too fucking many, plus if the next game is ES, wouldn't make sense for there to be a shitload of settlements IMO assuming they put it in.

That said having keeps or something would be neat.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.