[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What scares you the most in video games /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Caden death scene.jpg (24KB, 327x399px) Image search: [Google]
Caden death scene.jpg
24KB, 327x399px
What scares you the most in video games /v/?
>>
>>389526818

The fucking iron maiden death scene in Haunting Ground. In fact, pretty much all the "off-screen" deaths too, whenever one of the stalkers kills you you don't see anything but you can hear what they're doing. Pretty disturbing, and I can handle violence and gore just fine but this shit hits a weird chord in me I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIbRwYkBMg
>>
File: S;G.png (340KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
S;G.png
340KB, 800x450px
>>389526818
>>
>>389526818
Microtranscations
>>
>>389526818
Shit that runs on all fours, or stuff that looks bipedal but doesn't move with a normal bipedal action.

Also, bad writing and microtransactions.
>>
>>389526818
Being stuck.
Loud, sustained noises.
Silence.
>>
>>389526818
Atmosphere more than anything really, an enemy can look spooky but once you get used to it's mechanics all the effect is lost (e.g. the moster from Amnesia )
>>
>>389526818
Women
>>
when you like a game so much you dont want it to end

and theres no sequel
>>
>>389526818
Russians in charge of game balance.
>>
spooky ambient sounds. Work best when you are actually under a threat of being attacked any moment
Ayylien isolation made my freeze up every five feet
>>
Invincible enemies that you have to hide from like in Alien: Isolation or Amnesia. I couldn't finish either of those.
>>
>>389526818
When an anticipated game gets an insane regional pricing
>>
The nights in Darkwood when you're just a fresh player starting out has an incredibly strong effect if you let yourself get immersed at least a little bit.
Atmosphere, sound design(?), the inconsistency and randomness of what happens. There can be nights were nothing physically harms you or your gameplay and still be among the scariest nights a player experiences.
>>
File: wedontgothereanymore.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wedontgothereanymore.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
I don't really like playing games that scare you with jumpscares or chance of being jumpscared. Games that make you uncomfortable with their atmosphere and enemies tho, pure kino.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.