[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this...did I do good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Capture(9).png (84KB, 765x393px) Image search: [Google]
Capture(9).png
84KB, 765x393px
Just bought this...did I do good?
>>
>>389526615
Could have done worse. I like mine.
>>
>heavy
>big
>shit cable
>not a zowie
Nope u dun goofed friend.
>>
>>389526615
>Gamer placebos
>>
File: 1476728713279.jpg (256KB, 522x958px) Image search: [Google]
1476728713279.jpg
256KB, 522x958px
>>
Yeah senpai, just pray to the RNG gods that you don't get a sticky mouse button or a shit scroll wheel.

My first one had sticky mouse button. If you clicked and held the button hard, say like you're playing an FPS and have a weapon that is continuous fire, when you finally let go of the button it makes this annoying after tick sound because when you release it it doesn't fully pop out. It's annoying as fuck so I returned it and got a new one.

New one. Scroll wheel problem. For starters, it's impossible to click mouse 3 without hitting the side scroll clicks. It's loose as fuck. This doesn't really affect games but it does websites and is super fucking annoying. I decided to deal with it.

Additionally and this is not a sign of defect but just the way this shit scroll wheel is designed, the scroll wheel is not mechanical in the sense that any rotation of the wheel will always cycle the input. The sensor only picks up full speed movements >at the point of sensor reading<. This means if you scroll the wheel in a controlled manner and it isn't going super fast at the sensor read, but instead slowly, IT WILL NOT REGISTER THE SCROLL.

This is most easily demonstrated on a webpage and specifically scrolling up or down the page very very slowly. We're talking like one notch click every 3 seconds. Not realistic behavior, but it demonstrates the flaw in the scroll wheel sensor that instead of having fixed physical mechanical style inputs, it is instead acceleration based and only registers a notch scroll input if you scroll fast enough. This DOES happen randomly in gameplay where you are focused and do a semi-slow scroll like sniper zoom and it fails to register.

Again, this is not manufacture defect. I have personally 4 G502s in my possession and have tested it on a 5th. All 5 possess this problem. It is by design and no G502 is immune to it. It's the worst aspect of the mouse.

Besides the above mentioned issues, it is the best mouse I've ever used.
>>
>>389526615
Mine is good. Needs more buttons.
>>
>>389526769
>heavy
>big

Hello mr. baby hands

But yeah, it's a bit on the big side
>>
>>389526615
I'm gonna give you an honest response after having used one for well over a year now.

Everything is fine except the scroll wheel, for me at least. I never liked its very jagged and clanky tactile scrolling... and the free scrolling function stopped being smooth a few months into used. Also the button to engage the free scrolling occasionally gets stuck now.

Not really a huge loss I'd say, still a damn good piece of hardware.
>>
>>389526615
its the Blue Yeti of mice
>>
>>389526769
>big
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>389527119

Every single gaming mouse that I have ever acquired (two) has had an issue.

>Razer Deathadder 3500 attracted dust and dirt easily; inside had to be cleaned regularly to prevent the mousewheel and clicker from getting mucked up.

>Logitech G300s doesn't register mouse button presses when using onboard software; forced to use computer-based profiles at all times.
>>
Actually cord mice are better because the signal is faster so is GUARANTEES faster response time.

That's how I instantly can tell who's a gamer and who isn't. Whether their mice is cordless or corded. Gamers have corded mice and casuals usually have cordless because they fell for the "LE CONVENIENCE" meme. As if any amount of convenience can make up for a delayed response time; besides, it's not that convenient because you still have to REPLACE the BATTERIES like, every other week if you're a gamer and every other month if you're a casual.

Try trading in your cordless for a corded. It will have to be a lesser value corded due the exchange rate (i.e., corded's are much more valuable than cordless and PRICE reflects this).
>>
the color profiles are pretty cool
>>
I got this mouse for free, worked for a place that had it as a display and they let me keep it. I am very satisfied with it, just had to shave down the screwholes so they didnt scratch my surfaces
>>
>>389526615
I was actually considering buying one last week when i was finally replacing my old Sensei, but ended up getting a Rival 500 instead since i liked the way the side buttons are on it better.

>>389526786
MOAR BUTTONS is not placebo and a good mouse can help ergonomically, i have Page Down and Up mapped so i don't need to scroll when reading threads which means since im using thumb (Sidebuttons) as opposed to long finger (scrollwheel) is less straining when needing to do it often, it ain't much but every prevention to carpal tunnel is good.
>>
>>389526615
Got it $40 when it was on sale awhile ago. I quite like it. The dpi is a bit overkill but the mouse has a nice weight to it. Didn't even need the extra weights.

>>389526769
>heavy
>big

Are you ten years old?
>>
File: Corsair-GLAIVE-RGB-Gaming-Mouse.jpg (30KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
Corsair-GLAIVE-RGB-Gaming-Mouse.jpg
30KB, 680x510px
>>389526615
I had the next one down and the middle click just stopped working after a while

replaced it with this, seems pretty decent so far, feels heavier and sturdier at least and looks a lot less like a fucking spaceship
>>
>>389526769
>big
this shit is fucking tiny desu
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>389526769
>>heavy
>>big
>>
>>389526615
Refund it and get a $5 two button Walmart mouse instead.
>>
>>389527617
Depends what games you play though. If you're into ASSFAGGOTS or gook click or are some cheeki that plays cs:go then fair enough. Cordless is nice when you use your PC to watch stuff and you don't wanna get up, if you play chill stuff or if you play masterrace games that are keyboard only.
>>
>>389527617
>Cordless with batteries
Or you know, get one you can just charge.
>>
>>389529073
>>389529115
You guys are idiots.

Cord > cordless, get it through your thick fucking skulls. I don't want to have to explain myself again because of YOUR illiteracy.
>>
>>389529180
G403 and G703 are better than corded mice, no need for a bungee
>just charge between 48 hour gaming/anime marathons
>>
>>389526769
Fucking manlet go back to your hole.
>>
>>389529626
No cordless is better than top-tier corded. Period. End of fucking story.
>>
>>389529805
Only disadvantage to getting a G703 over top tier cordless is weight
>>
>>389527119
i've never ever once hit a side-scroll trying to press middle click
you're right about the smooth scrolling slowly stuff though
>>
>>389526615
have fun having the middle mouse button shitting itself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.