[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Age 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 10

File: dragon-age-ii-male-hawke.jpg (517KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-age-ii-male-hawke.jpg
517KB, 1280x720px
Just finished this game and honestly it's not that bad. I had more fun with it then Andromeda at the very least.
>>
>>389523275
Did you side templar or mages?
It didn't matter. Everything will happen regardless of your choices.
>>
>>389523413
I wanted to side with the mages but Anders pushed me to the templar side
>>
>>389523275

I thought it had a few good points.
>the animations were more quick and dramatic, and a lot of the spells had a lot more life to them
>a few of the companions were interesting
>the interface cleanup made the game feel a lot more modern

The problem was that essentially EVERYTHING else was bad.
>despite animations, nothing felt like it had any impact anymore
>story and a majority of the characters were all so stupidly badly written it turned into a stand-up show watching them talk
>the dialogue-wheel sucked asshole
>there was little atmosphere and the areas were insanely bland and boring
>the main quest made little sense, and there barely felt like there was an overarching plot at all
>the music was terribly forgettable and the voice-work was downright shit
>a lot of the moves and abilities characters had were terribly balanced (though this was true in DA1 too)

I played through the entire god damn game, and I must admit that I wish I hadn't.
>>
>>389523275
Being better than Andromeda isn't exactly a hard accomplishment anon
>>
>>389523796
While I agree with a lot of your points, I feel like the characters of the game were the highlights that kept me going because I wanted to see what would happen next with them.
>>
>>389524360
In a terrible train wreck kind of a way?
>>
>>389524478
>not liking Varric
>not liking Bethany
>>
>>389524360

Well it's clearly subjective, and like I said I enjoyed a few of them. The witty dwarf dude, and the spunky elf girl were at least interesting enough to not skip their dialogue. But not interesting enough to remember the names of, obviously. (I think the elf was Meril, or something?)

I honestly just completed it because I'd paid for it and it felt like a shame not to. About 50% of my way through the game I was "done" with it in spirit though and just endured the last half.
>>
>>389524478
Sort of. I do actually like a good chunk of the cast and they bounce off each other really well in their interactions.
>>
File: bull shit.jpg (31KB, 335x246px) Image search: [Google]
bull shit.jpg
31KB, 335x246px
>>389523275
>plaid andromeda
>had fun at all
>>
DA2 was made in less than 18 months and I still find it the better game compared to the shitfest, 3.5 years developed dragon age inquisition.
>>
>>389524519
Yeah, they were shit.
>>
>>389524628
Andromeda had some fun combat though.
>>
>>389523275
The story is good. Sarcastic Hawke is funny.

Gameplay and graphics are shit but who cares? Its a story driven RPG.

And bonus points for having your own opinion OP. A rare sight on /v/.
>>
>>389523413
>>389523591
Personally, I sided with the Mages. Not only did they include my cute sister, but there were at least some Mages who weren't at fault while the Templars seemed to range from the wilfully ignorant to idiots. I still killed Anders, though; and I justified siding with the Mages - more specifically, against the Templars - because I told Meredith the Circle wasn't at fault (which she acknowledged) and to back off (which she refused), so fuck her. She knew what was coming for her.

>>389524624
>I do actually like a good chunk of the cast and they bounce off each other really well in their interactions.
I agree, they nailed the party dynamic and tone really well, moreso than most other games I can think of. Especially with the smaller focus and longer timeframe of the game, they really felt like a believable but dysfunctional family, their interactions were great, and the banter system was really well-utilised.

A lot of the background lore was also really well-written, which I think the game doesn't get enough credit for.
>>
>>389524761
Sadly the average gamer just LOVES their open world shitty RPG with collectibles.
>>
>>389523275
It's fucking terrible.
Andromeda is a lot better than it, not that this says much.
>>
>>389524761
Explain how you think DA2 is better than Inquisition
>>
>>389524519
>Bethany living past the tutorial
You were supposed to play Hawke as a mage. That's the canon. Unfortunately it also leaves you with Carver who is inferior to Bethany in quite literally every fucking way.
>>
>>389523275
DA2 is actually my favourite Dragon Age game. I don't know why I like it so much but I do. Playing it on PC with all the DLC is legitimately fun. It's also pretty Hard on Hard. I don't think Nightmare is even possible unless you min max like crazy and abuse the fact that the enemies are easily kited.
>>
>>389525554
>Carver's entire personality is shitty little brother who doesn't like being in his older brother's shadow

Worst character in the whole game desu. I wish they let you choose whether to sacrifice Bethany or Carver because it would be Carver every time.
>>
If Dragon Age 2 was an effort to make a normal CRPG, then they failed to make a good game. If it was an attempt at an avant-garde, turn your expectations around against you, then it was an okay to good game.

Like your choices not really mattering or your companion's sidequests. In a normal CRPG, they won't be able to progress without your help. But in backwards land, they can even if it don't make sense. Like Anders his allah ackbar bomb even if you refuse to help him find the ingredients for it or Merril fixing her demon-powered mirror even if you broke the pieces she needs.
>>
>>389523275
>I had more fun with it then Andromeda at the very least.

Truth. DA2 isn't a good game, but it was the last Bioware game where you could run amok and cause chaos. It was like a so-bad-its-good B movie.

DA:I was just a bad B movie. ME:A was Ed Wood.
>>
>>389525920
Worst character in a game with characters like Fenris and Anders? Provided he doesn't die, I thought he became one of the better characters in the game: he eventually gets over his bullshit and makes his own path.
>>
>>389524628
what was up with that moment in DBZ

could Krillin not sense that Raditz was like 10x stronger than him
>>
>>389526216
Fenris is unfair to me because if he had any other voice actor he'd easily be the worst character in the entire franchise, but Gideon Emery's great voice saves him a little bit. He's still a miserable character, but I like hearing him talk.
>>
>>389525981
Another example is the templar and mage conflicts. You find templars bullying mages, they accuse of blood magic, mages deny and you offer to help find out.

I'm pretty sure 100% of the time, the mages were using blood magic. Normal games would have the downtrodden be good and the oppressors be bad. It flipped it on you, and those mages are always demon consorting, blood magic using, dbags.
>>
>>389526234
Maybe he wasn't skilled enough to accurately sense power levels at that point, or is not used to people with such high power levels and think something was wonky with him?
>>
>>389526359
To be fair the mages often have no choice but to use Blood Magic thanks to the Templars
>>
>>389525920
He's not that bad of a character by the end though.
>>
>>389527183

>Do stupid shit
>Templars get mad
>Always paranoid about you doing dumb shit again
>Do it again to spite them
They should have listened to their elders in Origins/Awakened. Instead the Mage Police got scrapped and people went full terrorists.
>>
>>389527183
That's such a cop out answer. That's the same shit as liberals thinking people have no choice but to commit crimes when they're poor. Bro don't get mad at these mages getting corrupted by fade demons and using unsafe blood magic when the templars are being meanies and trying to protect the citizenry. They had to become dangerous rebellious arcane terrorists because of their hurt feelings.
>>
>>389527695
>That's the same shit as liberals thinking people have no choice but to commit crimes when they're poor.

But those are the exact people who wrote this game.
>>
>>389525534
>why Dragon age 2 is better than Inquisition

1.better characters
2.better story
3.actual plot compared to Inquisition
4.better combat
5.better tactics
6.80% of content isn't fetch quests
7.less grind
8.better quests
9.less faggotry and sjw shilling

I could probably list a lot more.
>>
>>389525221
iirc your sister joins whatever side you choose even if it's with the Templar's. But probably needed her loyalty maxed all the way out for that to even happen.
>>
>>389527817
Your decisions actually affect the game world. The villains are mostly shit, but since DA:I had the worst villain in gaming history, it's still better.
>>
>>389523275
one of the best part with DA2 is that it dosent over stay its Welcome. unlike that DAI that kept going on forever.
>>
>>389527817
>less grind

This is exactly why DA2 is better than Inquisition. Open World was a mistake. It's just an Open World full of literally nothing just like Witcher 3 except worse.

In DA2, you're going from quest to quest and you don't have to run all that far because the areas aren't big and the world map lets you jump between areas.
>>
I'd use blood magic to escape from a prison that I'm born into to live my entire life

you guys are too sympathetic to the Templars
>>
>>389525534
its not a singal player MMO that forces you to do a ton of quests so you could do the main one.
>>
>>389525173
>the story is good

fuck no! it was one of the worst part of the game. the mage vs templer was awful and the qunari storyline needed to be flashed out more.
>>
>>389527932
Your decisions are inconsequential and don't matter in game regardless like da2. They'll only matter in Dragon Age Keep and the dragon Age 4.

Dragon age inquisition is the worst in the series in my opinion.
>>
>>389527183

>People are paranoid about you using blood magic
>Use it and blame them for being so paranoid

Don't see the logic here.
>>
>>389527817
>1.better characters
2 doesn't have everything that is Morrigan
>2.better story
2 doesn't have much of a story though.
>3.actual plot compared to Inquisition
Lol, how? Inquisition actually advances the overarching world plot some and addresses long standing lore points in the process.
>4.better combat
Tempest is the most fun class in the series, so no. Also better customization due to gear shenanigans.
>5.better tactics
What tactics? Both didn't have any real tactics.
>6.80% of content isn't fetch quests
Open world problems, so I give you that.
>7.less grind
You don't grind in Inquisition. You just do quests.
>9.less faggotry and sjw shilling
Both have a blatantly gay character, only Inquisition's doesn't come on to you just for showing interest in their life.
>>
>>389527932
>but since DA:I had the worst villain in gaming history
How? He was lackluster but he actually had a sound plan towards his goal which is something a lot of video games villains lack, including ones in the same series.
>>
>>389527183
>templer tells you not to make PACTs with demons
>do it anyway
>get shocked you get put on the steack
>cry oppression

if you dumb enough to make deals with demons knowing what they could do to you, you deserve Death.
>>
>>389527953
DA2 does that by merely existing.
>>
>>389527887
Bethany's one of the few characters who you don't need a maxed Loyalty to have side with you, but she'll always side with Orsino first (at the confrontation outside the Chantry). If you side with the Templars she'll stay with him, then when you storm the Circle and she sees him use Blood Magic she'll see you were right and side with you. You have to stop Meredith from killing her first, though (because she's a fucking crazy bitch).
It's a really cute scene - one of my favourite in the game - and thematically it works well, but I can never bring myself to get it anymore because I always pick Bethany first, which annoys Meredith.

>>389528159
The story (refugee rises from nothing to become a powerful and respected figure but finds themselves and their friends at the centre of a series of events that gets worse and worse, with them powerless to stop it until it turns into a catastrophe) is good, it's just the Mages vs Templars of act III is executed awfully.
>>
>>389527987
It's literally only a problem in Kirkwall. That's it. You can just fucking move. Go live with the Tevinters or just live in a Mage Tower. Yeah, it sucks, but you gotta understand. Mages in Dragon Age aren't just misunderstood teenagers. They're walking unstable portals for particularly strong demons to come through. Imagine living in a world where any mage at any point could become an unreasonably strong magic monster capable of destroying a small village.

Maybe you're a bit more sympathetic, but the fact that they're able to even live is a blessing, I'd drive all mages out of my town like a redneck crusader. The fact that there's a building where you can live a somewhat normal life so long as you get permission to do shit outside is already a lot for potential monsters.
>>
the fact that i cant burn mages and call them heretics in a game with the name inquisition on it, is enough reason to call the game shit.
>>
File: 1503170623224.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1503170623224.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>389527817
>1.better characters
I'll give DA2 a pass on that. The characters were written pretty decently for the most part.
>2.better story
Debatable really, I feel like the Qunari arc should have been most of the central conflict and not rushed towards the end to fit in the dumb Templar vs Mages shit that barely even happened in the background. Inquisition at least tries to alleviate all that though, but DA2 made the cut too far deep to repair all of it.
>3.actual plot compared to Inquisition
Outside of the Qunari storyline DA2 barely had a plot once you finished the Deep Roads expedition and got your legacy back.
>4.better combat
God no. Shit felt worse than Inquisition's and damn sure will never top Origin's tactical view.
>5.better tactics
If anything they streamlined tactics too much in DA2
>6.80% of content isn't fetch quests
Were we playing the same game? The amount of fetch quest I did and going back to the same rabbit hole areas was laughable.
>7.less grind
Somewhat true but was still present if you wanted to get the good skills for later.
>8.better quests
Hahaha no
>9.less faggotry and sjw shilling
It was still there just not as apparent with Nu-age Bioware
>>
zz
>>
>>389527987
than dont blame templars for trying to purge filith like you. they just doing thier jobb.
>>
>>389528589
He's execution is bad. He felt more like Cobra Commander than an Eldritch touched horror. Unless you were referring to bald-elf.
>>
>>389528652
kek
>>
>>389523275
I'll never forgive games that only have 1 healer/support party member in a limited roster

Even if you can meme your way through the game without a dedicated healer it still irks me
>>
>>389528781
That shit in the circle could have been done better. Would have been nice if Meredith simply felt justified and lost it when Elthina exploded, then Orsino accidentally blood magic due to extremist, then Meridith takes that as vindication with the party the only ones knowing the truth. It would have also given made more sense why Hawke was being investigated.
>>
>>389528961

He wasn't a horror though, just corrupted. So yes, Cobra Commander is actually more accurate as he tries to win through grand strategy. Only he fucked up early on and could never recover once the Inquisition got momentum.

Ultimately he was just a pawn for god figures
>>
>>389529036
If you have the Black Emporium you can cheese the game with potions. Though i really like nuking mobs with a mage.
>>
>>389528337
>Don't see the logic here.
That's exactly the point, though. Both sides are locked into circular logic that gets them nowhere except suffering, and even when you point it out to them both (which you can do at the start of Act III) neither side is willing to do anything to change it. You can make exactly the same argument about the Templars.
>Oh, I'm scared some Mages will use blood magic!
>I know, I'll horribly oppress and abuse mages
>Wait, why are all these mages starting to use blood magic?

>>389528617
You don't have to learn blood magic from demons, it's just the easiest route - you can also learn it from somebody who already knows blood magic themselves. Also, both first and second Dragon Age games shows that it's entirely possible for a sufficiently powerful or prepared and careful mage to deal with a demon with no negative consequences whatsoever.

The fact that all Mages, everywhere, have the last resort option of accepting possession and turning themselves into an abomination can actually be construed as an argument to treat Mages better, not worse! And there's literally nothing wrong with using blood magic as long as you use yourself (or a willing contributor) as its source. It's literally just another power source.
>>
>>389523796
Combat was shit, it looked like they didn't know if they wanted action or tactical gameplay and they made an abomination that is neither of them and complete shit
>>
>>389528781
It really pisses me off how Bethany was your best friend for the first act of the game until the Deep Roads shit comes up. Then you have to choose to make her a Grey Warden or one of the non emotional mages for the Chantry.
And to make matters worse during the last act where you mom gets kidnapped then murdered by the serial killer blood mage. Also fun fact Bioware purposely removed the option to save your Mom after beta test because tester's would always reload the save and choose the option to keep her alive. Real dick move and somewhat lazy writing on their end all for sake of shock value.
Although I am fine with Connor being a terrible character I kill off early on, one of the few good things Bioware did when making DA2.
>>
>>389529249
i really disliked him after the first act, it was promising till then.
>Curses you foiled me!
>i'll get next time you meddling fools!
Then the endgame just drops so suddenly without any buildup. I get that the actual main enemy was Bald Wolf, but it could have done better.
>>
>>389529370
sure, lets let everyone learn to use an art of magic that has shown time and time again if you make one tiny mistake, one mage could destroy a hole village or even a city with ease.
>>
>>389529412
True, but he was supposed to be extremely desperate by that point and had ran out of plans to rely on. I think the main issue is how he is portrayed a this point. He's still up on his high horse instead of unhinged and he's so deeply set on his plan that he didn't even notice all the other shit that was going on.
>>
>>389529381
>purposely removed the option to save your Mom after beta test because tester's would always reload the save and choose the option to keep her alive.
This honestly pissed me off so much when I learned this. The fact that Bioware couldn't handle players playing the game the way they wanted people too. Fuck.
>>
>>389529370
>Both sides are locked into circular logic
One side was stuck in circular logic. The other side was consistently given a reason to behave a certain way.

It simple:
People fear Qunari. Why? Because they are giants that play world police.
People fear the Imperium. Why? Because believe themselves to be gods that are better than the rest of the world
People fear mages? Why? Because they mess with magic they can't control (blood magic) and shit always go south.

If the mages would give society less reasons to fear them, things would get better for them.
>>
>>389527695
>>389528337
>>389529370
Multiple sources across DA2 and DAI note how extremist the Kirkwall templars are in particular and how the mages were little more than prisoners (didn't they even live in a former slave section, or something of that sort?). The circular logic is central to Kirkwall's main conflict and what ultimately starts the rebellion - extremists on both ends pushing each other further and further into extreme actions, fueling each other's idiocy.

As an aside, I suppose it's a positive point in DA2's favor that one of its main conflicts can generate discussion like this. They were onto something, but it's a shame the game is so poorly executed and rushed.
>>
>>389529856
couldn't handle players not playing the game the way they wanted people to*
>>
>>389529894
>As an aside, I suppose it's a positive point in DA2's favor that one of its main conflicts can generate discussion like this.
Not really. It's a dumb conflict. Origins should have been the peak of the problem and everything from then on should have been improvement.
>>
I still remember that mission where you hire a human servant and Fenris whines because he thinks you are buying a slave, yeah dude, okay, you were a slave, that's real bad and all, but can we at least talk for five minutes without you bringing that up?
>>
>>389523275
No, it really is that bad OP. You just have exceptionally shit taste or low standards. It's a bad game by pretty much any objective measure if you compare it against the first one.
>>
Just make Dragon Age: Origins Part 2, that's all I want.
>>
>>389529883
No, it's definitely both sides. Other circles clearly show that templars and mages are perfectly capable of coexisting peacefully and even as allies. Both sides are capable of understanding the risks, both sides are capable of executing demons/escaped mages.

>>389530002
>It's a dumb conflict. Origins should have been the peak of the problem and everything from then on should have been improvement.
The volatile nature of magic and its place in the world is a pretty central theme across all three games. I'm not sure how you could construe it as dumb or unimportant. Every major faction in the game has some kind of strong stance on how mages are dealt with and they vary highly, not to mention the Chantry aspect of it (and then the Imperium's Chantry vs the Orlesian's Chantry).
>>
>>389530176
Would you settle for a Dragon Ages II Part Origins?
>>
>>389530294

Don't ever reply to me ever again.
>>
>>389528617
What's so bad about blood magic and demon summoning anyway? They do it all the time in Tevinter and that country is still standing.
>>
>>389530291

The nature of magic is fine. Mages being dumbfucks are not and regressing their relationship with Templars is not.

Even if they beat the Templars in open conflict, what then? Do they believe the public will accept them? No. They would either have to become Imperium 2.0 or a new force would rise to eradicate them. Luckily, not all mages are dumb.
>>
>>389530606
What's so bad about the Imperium, anon?
>>
>>389530537

Tevinter is a lot of things, but they know how to control their magic.
>>
>>389530845
they have slaves they sacrifice daily for thier blood rituals. bet the place is even run by demons.
>>
>>389530845

Becoming another Tevinter would mean chronic outbreaks of Qunari on your dick.
>>
>>389530537
>What's so bad about blood magic and demon summoning anyway?
Literally nothing.
t. not a Magister
>>
>>389530948
The whole Tevinter war against the Qunari is the most interesting part of this series but there is so little focus on it
>>
>>389523275
It is my worst game of all time.
>>
>>389529894
>As an aside, I suppose it's a positive point in DA2's favor that one of its main conflicts can generate discussion like this
Agreed. Both sides have of this debate have great points and it's rather interesting to see.
>>
>>389530537
>>389530904
>>389530845
>What's so bad about the Imperium, anon?
>but they know how to control their magic.
>Literally nothing.

>*creates darkspawn*
>>
>>389532369
The sins of the ancestors do not translate to the sins of the descendants
>>
hey am i remembering this wrong but did they use the exact same cave/dungeon for 75% of the side quests and a bunch of the main quests? because i remember being absolutely bored of running around the same city over and over, and only having one reused quest location to go to over and over, but it was a long time ago and maybe i'm wrong because the game couldn't possibly be that stupid and low effort right?
>>
>>389532720
You remember correctly. The dungeons also had areas you couldn't access. That's because they were other dungeons.
>>
>>389532526
I never commented on current Tevinter my dude.
In fact im not even passing judgement in any shape or form, think before you strawman.
The point is that unchecked power eventually degenerates a society as it overpowers morality and common sense.
>>
File: tumblr_ool5mxFFp11ucreqno1_500.jpg (35KB, 485x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ool5mxFFp11ucreqno1_500.jpg
35KB, 485x485px
Now move on to the best game ouf of the three
>>
>>389531447
Just like everything about Tevinter
>>
File: 1500436473159.png (199KB, 556x646px) Image search: [Google]
1500436473159.png
199KB, 556x646px
GIVE /DAG/ BACK YOU SPAMMING RETARDED NOLIFE AUTIST MONGOLOID KISSLESS VIRGIN WIZARD WASTE OF OYGEN
THIS ISN'T RIGHT IT WAS OURS
WE BUILT IT DAMMIT
>>
>>389533497
Fair point. My apologies
>>
>>389534149
So much wasted potential
>>
>>389531447
>>389534149
>>389534679
>not planning on sticking around for Dragon Age 4: Tevinter
>>
>>389534815
Has there been any news on Dragon Age 4 actually?
>>
Do choices matter in Inquisition?
I've had the game for ages and I can't be bothered playing it unless I play an evil route and it actually makes a difference.
>>
>>389535363

One of the arcs splits based on a choice and you get different late game scenes based on some Origin + Inquisition plot points. Oh and the middle story quest has multiple endings based exploration + choices.

That's it.
>>
>>389535575
What about origins? Even if it's just small stuff like choosing life or death on a random npc.
>>
>>389535345
>Has there been any news on Dragon Age 4 actually?
Not recently, beyond them hiring a writer who's actually talented, which is nice. I think Bioware is too busy focusing on/hyping up their stupid new IP.
Haven't heard anything at all from Weekes lately, though, so presumably they're still working on it.
>>
>>389535345
i wouldnt expect much until their not-destiny game comes out
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.png (31KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.png
31KB, 128x128px
>>389535965

>They called it the "Bob Dylan of video games"
>Weeks later Bob Dylan was accused of plagiarism
Some stories write themselves
>>
>>389528808
Can any Circle mage freely immigrate to Tevinter if they want to?
>>
>>389535965
Why are developers trying to make their own Destiny clones when games like it require a big time investment from the player and everyone already has their eye on Destiny 2 anyway. It's like trying to make another Hero Shooter game while Overwatch still dominates the scene.
>>
>>389537114
What Bioware counted on was Bungie being as retarded with their Destiny 2 launch as they were with Destiny 1's launch. And they were right. Because of Bungie's retardation, Bioware has the potential to steal the spotlight, but who knows what will happen or if Anthem will be good or not.
>>
>>389537201
I'm actually out of the loop when it comes to Destiny shit, what did Bungie do this time?
>>
>>389536528
kek
>>
>>389528907
Then dont blame mages for using anything they can to keep monsters like you away, they are just trying to survive.
>>
>>389537414
They basically did a 1:1 of Destiny 1's launch where they provided effectively no content for $60. The base game of Destiny 1 was probably only worth about 10 bucks, because it didn't even approach being a $60 game until the 4-5 expansions were all released over the course of 2 years.

People expected Destiny 2 to not launch with no content like 1, but their hopes were misguided.
>>
>>389538004
Jesus Christ that's shitty. What happened to the Bungie that made the original Halo games?
>>
>>389523796
The weird thing is Dragon age 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played yet it's my favorite Dragon Age game. Yeah Inquisition is a "better" game but it's also the blandest safest game I've ever seen, it was designed to be as unoffensive as humanly possible to the point of retardation
>>
>>389534815
I'm hyped personally. I want to kill qunari and buy an elf.
>>
>>389538459
>and buy an elf.
Me too, anon, and I'm really looking forward to exploring and experiencing Tevinter compared to the southern nations. I hope we can be decadent as fuck, especially since it looks like the DA team finally got some good writers together.
>>
>>389527817
>less faggotry and sjw shilling
I'd argue it had more and was a bit more blatant than Inquisition the only difference was you had way more options for reply instead of
>support
>vigorous support
>Lukewarm support
>Don't support and get shit on by literally everybody in the room
>>
>>389536830
Bumping to attract lorefags
>>
>>389534225
Why is this shit everywhere?
>>
Is there anything cuter than teasing Merrill?
>>
>>389534815
I would be hyped for Tevinter if i didin't knew they would cockblock you from any opportunity to be evil and side with Tevinter mages.
>>
File: bioware_gaming_.jpg (24KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
bioware_gaming_.jpg
24KB, 660x495px
I thought Dragon Age 1 was great. I thought Dragon Age 2 was a solid improvement on Dragon Age 1 until I encountered some parts where BioWare developers presented me with little to no choice but to engage in sexually charged conversations or behaviors of a homosexual nature. I soldiered through that crap because I was having an otherwise fun time with DA 2. I reluctantly tried DA: Inquisition but dropped it when it seemed clear that BioWare intends to portray homosexuality as just a normal way of life. I'm done with BioWare ever since.
>>
>>389538723
It doesn't have to be danarius tier. It can be an otherwise decent and principled person who just owns slaves because other people own slaves. It's just the norm there. Everyone is doing it
>>
>>389539748
In Tevinter it is considered deviant.
>>
>>389539930
And Tevinter is portrayed as an absolute evil past DAO.
>>
>>389540034
Even in DAO it is evil. In that game, you are introduced to 4 foreign nations. Leliana nal Liselle tell you about Orlais, Zevran tells you all about Antiva, Sten explains the Qun. What do we get from Tevinter? A slaving ring led by a guy with an evil British accent. Yeah.
>>
>>389535363
The mage/ templar choice matters
That's all i remember
>>
>>389540034
The only character you meet in da:o offers to sacrifice all the elf slaves in a blood magic ritual
>>
>>389536830
>>389539187
Definitely not. Most Mages can't even leave their Circles without good reason, and for some of the problem cases/stricter Circles they can't leave at all. The game shows that Mages can be moved between Circles at the behest of the Chantry and Templars, and implies that Mages can at the very least transfer between Circles of their own volition, though presumably they have to apply in some manner first.
Regardless, they can't just choose to 'move' at all, and definitely not to Tevinter. The Tevinter Imperium is so opposed to the Orlesian Chantry that they essentially don't have any relations at all; the Templars would see any mage trying to move to Tevinter as at best an escape attempt and at worst downright heresy.

>>389539395
>Is there anything cuter than teasing Merrill?
Giving Merrill the tender love and affection she deserves!
But you're right, light-heartedly teasing Merrill is the best.
>>
>>389539395
Having a real man impregnate your witch GF while you jerk your dicklet
>>
>>389528907
>>389537750
It's like I'm in Kirkwall
>>
>>389539395
Fucking her in the ass
>>
>>389527974
The only good thing I can say about inquisition's open world is some of the areas (The forest, some of the deserts) are really pretty
>>
>>389525173
>Sarcastic Hawke is funny
Back when Bioware is could still write funny snark
>>
>>389528589
The only good villain in Inquisition was the Red Templar leader for having an actually good arc and some character depth
>>
>>389529370
>The fact that all Mages, everywhere, have the last resort option of accepting possession and turning themselves into an abomination can actually be construed as an argument to treat Mages better, not worse! And there's literally nothing wrong with using blood magic as long as you use yourself (or a willing contributor) as its source. It's literally just another power source.
Fuck off you Teventer faggot
>>
>>389539748
>Dragon Age 2 was a solid improvement on Dragon Age 1

I recommend going to see a doctor, because there is absolutely no way that a person with a functioning brain would ever think this.

Literally a downgrade on pretty much every level, mechanically and in terms of general quality.
>>
>>389543747
Even during a centuries long war, Tevinter civilization is greater than anything the barbars around it will ever come up with. That is because they hate the things that make it great instead of emulating them
>>
Can't wait to purge some knife-ears.

WE COMIN' FOR YOU, SOLAS
>>
>>389545106
Remove shem (remove shem)
>>
>>389545106
If I'm grateful for one thing from the Dragon Age games, it's the slur Knife-Ear
>>
The beginning of Dragon Age 2 was too slow.
The ending was too sudden.
And the abilities and gameplay mechanics were a downgrade from Dragon Age 1.
>>
>>389545189
Dream on, boy. And prepare the dining room table while you're at it! I have company coming over tonight.

>>389545430
I'm more partial to rabbit and rattus. They explain their temperament and rate of reproduction perfectly.
>>
>>389545556
This. Act 2 was the best act desu
>>
File: Meredith.jpg (195KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Meredith.jpg
195KB, 830x1200px
Apologize.
>>
>>389546541
She had some good points before Red Lyrium fucked her mind
>>
>>389546541
Literally did nothing wrong. Mages are dindu scum. The writers realized she was making too much sense so they made her crazy, like the Red Skull comic page.
>>
Whats with the recent amount of Dragon Age threads popping out? Not that Im complaining since I have been playing through Origins lately
>>
DAI was fucking awful. The two good things about DAI are pretty picture and Morrigan. Well, and the last two DLCs were decent I guess because for some reason they reminded me of Origins.
Story was retarded, open world was a mistake people saw miles away, shitty dialogues (at least DA2 had joke/sarcasm answers) and the blandest party members ever. Like, seriously, the only interesting party member is Dorian. Romance is trash to the point that I had absolutely no desire to romance anyone who was an option in this game.
Whew, thanks for reminding me about the existence of DAI.
>>
>>389523275
>it's not that bad

Literally the only thing it did right was the rivalry system. Everything else was a shit show.
>>
>>389547172
>junkie on a power trip
>makes sense
Red lyrium or no, her entire rationale was based on emotion from bad experiences and then enabled by drugs and her equally drugged up peers. She was a batshit magic heroin addict before she touched the magic krokodil.
>>
>>389523275
I liked it just because you could permanently lock Hawke into being the sarcastic funnyguy.
>>
File: femhawke.jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
femhawke.jpg
8KB, 222x227px
>>389523275
Sarcastic FemHawke is a prime waifu.
>>
>>389548239
>Muh quips
Reddit pls
>>
>>389523796
>>spells had a lot more life to them
cartoon sprites for spells was fucking terrible
>>the interface cleanup made the game feel a lot more modern
this is fucking terrible,makes the game feel even more generic with the sleek modern hud, the icons look like they came outta a flash game from newgrounds
>>
>>389548346
They were pretty good quips though. Varric helped.
>>
File: 1493900688377.jpg (130KB, 700x978px) Image search: [Google]
1493900688377.jpg
130KB, 700x978px
Good things
>some parts of the story
>merryl
>qunari storyarc
>femhawke was cute

Shit things
>laziest level design i've ever seen out of a AAA game
>redesigns darkspawn, but reuses a boss from origins
>monotonous combat, on console you had to mash buttons, on pc everything just plays out normally
>downgraded spells, mage nerfed
>no matter how hard the game tries, i can't sympathize with mages. feelz before realz the class.
>quiphawke sucked
>no dlc worth buying
>>
>>389547631
This. While on a technical level DAI may be better than DA2, the flaws in the game make it so much worse than 2 ever could be.
>>
>>389547420
I've noticed it too. Coincidentally I've also been replaying Origins recently. Strange coincidence but certainly not a bad one.
>>
>>389547420
Probably the same reason Dragon's Dogma thread popping out before the PS4/XB1 announcement
>>
>>389548239
Was honestly saddened I couldn't romance my Femhawke that stayed single in Inquisition. Another wasted opportunity.
>>
>>389551463
It would've been a one off fling like that elf chick from DA2 assassin DLC
>>
>>389546541
>punishing all the mages for the fault of one mage
Like hell I would apologize for something that asinine

>>389548957
>laziest level design i've ever seen out of a AAA game
>redesigns darkspawn, but reuses a boss from origins
DA2 suppose to have more time to be work on, but EA being EA put a deadline that forced Bioware to cut corners

>monotonous combat, on console you had to mash buttons, on pc everything just plays out normally
there an auto attack on the gameplay options that you can select. was that not there during launch?
>>
>>389551748
They could've made Hawke an actual party member which would've been great even without adding a romance.
>>
>>389548079
>her entire rationale
Was proven correct. Almost 100% of the Circle turned out to be blood mages and started summoning demons immediately.
>>
>>389528347
>>389528860
>Unironically defending the Inquisition combat
Please be bait
>>
>>389553203
All magic can be controlled and understood. Tevinter has had the right idea for millennia, no demons and abominations cavorting in the streets there. As long as the barbars do not admit the inherent inferiority of their ways and adopt the Imperium's superior social organization, the mage-templar and elven questions will continue to plague them.

As for the black city, in their eyes the magisters were doing this because the gods commanded it. No pride or vanity involved.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.