[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONE. WHOLE. ROUND.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: doom_the_rock.jpg (20KB, 373x322px) Image search: [Google]
doom_the_rock.jpg
20KB, 373x322px
ONE. WHOLE. ROUND.
>>
>>389523010
What did he mean by this?
>>
unpopular opinion: This movie isn't that bad.

I even get a chuckle out of the FPS scene
>>
>>389523342
I agree.
If you just take it as a movie by itself and forget that it's supposed to be Doom, the movie is fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oto9puRcktg
>>
>>389523342
The fps scene was good and should have been the whole movie
>>
>>389523342
it had the problem all circa 2000 action movies had being cashgrabs that don't respect the source material
>>
>>389523484
well I mean even as a Doom Adaptation, if you ignore the fact the monsters are mutants and not demons, it's serviceable.

also it has the best twist ending
>>
>>389523010
thumbnail is jessie pinkman actual image is the rock
>>
>>389523342
Karl Urban is a great actor. I don't understand why he gets stuck is so many poorly performing (financially) movies/shows. Shit, in the best movie he did they didn't even show his face.
>>
>>389523010
I watched it for the first time last friday night after coming home drunk. It was on TV, a bit in. I kept blacking out or falling alseep duing portions but it seemed fun.
They were going though a portal, then they were running in sewers. There was that hot blonde. That fps section came on and I just about threw up. Shit was rought, I was sitting about 2 feet in front of a 70" tv leaning on the ottoman and It was just god damn horrible, I had to close my eyes till it was over. Then there was the pinky in the wheelchair.
I don't remember that gun though, is it the BFG?

I kind want to watch it again.
>>
>>389524346
He's not a massive media whore.

AKA he actually likes acting, and looks for roles in movies about stuff he likes, or probably thinks are good.

He loves Dredd, and it's possible he likes Star Trek and Videogames. (not doom specifically, but still)

that said, the Star trek JJ movies have done pretty well so id say hes not doing too badly. he's a pretty decent McCoy from what ive seen. fairly true to the grumpy spirit of Deforest
>>
>>389524707
>is it the BFG?
of course it is
>>
>>389524707
Yeah the BFG is there. Used a total of 3 times. OPs pic is when they get the BFG.
>>
>>389524707
out of all these i most enjoyed Max Payne 2008
>>
>>389524346
He's been described as an actor who never makes the movies he's in good, but also never makes the movies he's in bad. You can see it in Doom. He's a perfectly serviceable protagonist, but he's kinda overshadowed by the Rock and his outsized pro wrestling fame and mannerisms and charismatic nature. Personally I like him, but sometimes you just can't catch a break. Hollywood doesn't seem to trust him to headline a movie unless they hide 2/3s of his face.
>>
>>389523010
How would you feel if a monster came in and destroyed the gun immediately after Rock says Big, Fucking, Gun?
>>
>>389525058
Fine really. Its Doom afterall not fucking Eternal Sunshine or some shit.
>>
>>389524000
>don't respect the source material
This isnt Quake that has a coherent story. With exception of hell being replaced with genetic monsters, everything in this movie screams doom.
>>
>>389524861
His channeling DeForest Kelley is spot on and a fine tribute, but he's not really branched out and made the character his own beyond that. As indicated here >>389525030, he's done well, but not taken that next step to stand out.
>>
What made the super shotgun so super?
>>
https://clips twitch tv/JoyousPolishedChowderVoHiYo
>>
Mortal Kombat > Street Fighter > Mario Bros > DOOM > Tekken > Silent Hill > Postal
>>
>>389524000
It had high production values. Everything looks very slick and believable, not cheap. The monsters are meaty (they specifically used the guys-in-suits method instead of cg because they wanted this effect) and suitably gruesome. The actors even went through some real military and safety training so as to be able to play off each other realistically.

The writing is average, of course, and the basic premise of Doom is completely changed, but it's a fine action movie on its own.
>>
>>389525651
if it has one flaw, is that many scenes, particularly the sewers scene, are impossible to see. It's too dark in places.
>>
>>389526062
just like doom3
>>
>turns out the timid rookie soldier was doom guy the whole time and not the rock

honestly I considered this a twist
>>
>>389526168
It should have been obvious once they got their code names which one was Doomguy
>>
>>389523342
unironically one of the best live action video game adaptations
>>
>>389526062
You're not really supposed to be able to see. Such absolute darkness is intimidating and frightening, which is what the movie is all about. You can see the characters and not much else, which is very immersive.
>>
I think Doom would make for a good horror comedy movie like Shaun of the Dead. Make Doomguy a shitty Paul Blart like security dude for some shitty part of the Mars complex who bumbles into being the unwitting hero
>>
File: dredd.jpg (106KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
106KB, 680x478px
>>389526168
It's not much of a twist when you realize that's the same guy who played Judge Dredd.
>>
>>389526437
I hate antifa too but this is such an obvious false flag
>>
>>389523342
The FPS scene is the best part. I couldn't honestly tell you anything else about the movie other than the FPS part and The Rock saying "BIG. FUCKING. GUN." and I've watched it multiple times.
>>
File: 1473451756511.png (16KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473451756511.png
16KB, 550x404px
Kino, even though it's a Ghosts of Mars rip-off.

>>389526265
Oh fugg I only got that now
>>
>>389526168
because at the beginning of the movie, the Rock's character is the protagonist. As the movie goes on, the scenes shift their focus from the Rock, to Urban's character, and the Rock gradually gets more brutal.

It's honestly a well executed twist, if nothing else because the narrative shift is impressive
>>
>>389526527
might be, but might also not
remember, we are living in a time where people in academia are not afraid to openly come out as anti white
>>
>>389526265
what were their codenames?

i dont remember this at all
>>
>>389526265
I dont get it. "reaper" how does that associate with Doomguy?
>>
>>389523342
Best film adaptation of Doom 3
>>
>>389526659
>we'll fight racism by being racist!
I just don't get it, man. I just don't fucking get it.
>>
>>389526668
Rock - Sarge
Doomguy - Reaper

some of the others
Destroyer
Duke
Goat
Portman
Kid
Mac
>>
>>389526659
it was immediately confirmed fake months ago

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/30/antifa-white-posters-seattle/
>>
>>389526659
antifa also actively want whites to date blacks because that's progressive. And at best they dont even care about anything other than punching "nazis"

this is something that would make more sense being attributed to BLM
>>
>>389526354
a short or series would be okay, movies are a dead medium atm
>>
>>389526698
Moreso Sarge is the giveaway than Reaper, but Reaper is the most "I'm going to kill everything" name in the move

>though he appears to have a strong moral compass, as it was his refusal to fire upon civilians and subsequent assault against his commanding officer who gave the order
>>
>>389526437
This poster has to be some false-flag shit, right?
No one is that fucking retarded, right?
Good gods, I'm glad I don't live in a place like that.
>>
>>389526937
Of course it is. Probably from a user of this site
>>
>>389526909
Sarge yeah, but at the same time, considering movies, ESPECIALLY movies based on games with spartan plots to begin with- were usually really heavily altered, it's easy to miss. "hey they are marines and so doomguy is their leader" is an easy assumption to make for a videogame movie, especially since you expect the recognizable A-lister to play the hero.
>>
>>389526937
The only thing that gives it away is crediting Antifa, they're too cowardly to owe up their bullshit. They do believe all that though.
>>
File: 1371606263254.jpg (70KB, 556x424px) Image search: [Google]
1371606263254.jpg
70KB, 556x424px
>>389523010
Fuck you all, I liked it. I watched it when it came out and this shit was real fucking good for a vidya adaptation.

Seriously, look at resident evil and silent hill movies. Doom has used source material well and didn't go full retard like RE and SH movies did.

FPS scene was orgasmic, I admit.
>>
>>389526937
Think of it as the /pol/ version of those fake "I totally told off a racist then punched him in the face on the train ride home and everybody clapped" stories.
>>
>>389526937
>/pol/ literally posting printable copies and calling for anons to put them up in their cities

gee, i wonder

https://archive.is/Du3sH
>>
>>389523342
nah its pure trash but its schlockly trash so its enjoyable because of its shittieness

even the FPS scene is garbage, its unintentionally hilarious, like House of the Dead games
>>
>>389526527
its probably not, just met a recent white friend and since im brown(lol asian german) he decides to tell me how much he hates white people and how bad they are in history

theres alot of people like this too in those antifa and progressive groups, been seeing it more and more since I moved to LA
>>
File: smugslaton.png (352KB, 595x584px) Image search: [Google]
smugslaton.png
352KB, 595x584px
>>389527082
Quite accurate
>>
>>389526739
According to them, only white people are racist. Anytime and poc is racist towards whites, they use the deliberately misleading term 'reverse-racism', implying that it's reversing the evil directed towards shitskins from whites and somehow turning it into a noble act.

Lefties were a mistake.
>>
>>389527085
Oh, so it was a false flag. Thanks
>>
>>389527178
Lefties don't say "reserve racism," they're just as offended by the term. They insist it isn't racism at all
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.