[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pillars of Eternity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3034.jpg (65KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3034.jpg
65KB, 460x215px
Been craving RPGs lately and I saw this. Is it worth it /v/? I recently tried D: OS but the immature dialogue and writing bored me. I'm looking for a mature story and really good and expansive role-playing opportunities. Can I get it with this? I don't mind combat as long as it isn't too terrible.
>>
Bumping my own post because I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>389516035
What's your example of a "mature" story
>>
>>389517792
Idk, anything that isn't Divinity-tier.
>>
>>389516035
>I don't mind combat

sounds like you should be reading a book instead of playing a game
>>
>>389518002
You can't roleplay in a book
>>
File: sonic1.jpg (118KB, 652x1059px) Image search: [Google]
sonic1.jpg
118KB, 652x1059px
>>389518156
here you go buddy
>>
>>389518453
Gay
But can any honestly tell me if PoE is good or not?
>>
>>389516035
PoE is a lot like BG1. The story, especially the antagonist, is all but completely absent for 75% of the game and if you don't just adore the idea of roaming the woods with your band of buddies then there really isn't anything there. The companions are decent, the writing fits and the combat is fine but you'll reach level cap near the end of the 2nd act, you'll have some of the best gear in the game and the story takes a nosedive because almost everything that was super important during the first and second act is suddenly forgotten without actually being resolved. I quit the moment i got to Twin Elms, beginning of act 3, shortly after release and haven't gone back to it. Just like Baldur's Gate 1. Only finished that one months after BG2 was already out.
>>
>>389519240
the combat is fine, but completely boring and weirdly balanced. spells and buffs are pretty mediocre and the per-encounter per-rest system is meant to encourage choice-making, but you can just rest anywhere so there's no point not to just spam all your per-rest abilities in a battle then just rest and get them all back for the next battle. 90% of the combat is also against samey trash encounters of not!kobalds, slimes, or shades.
>>
>>389518786
yes it's good, but your attitude

>I don't mind combat as long as it isn't too terrible

is pretty terrible
>>
Ok story. Ok combat. Ok items.
>>
It's shit, don't bother.

>characters are trash except for Durance and Grieving Mother
>writing is boring
>combat sucks and contributes nothing since it gives no XP, it's just copy pasted encounters
>backer NPCs shit up locations
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.