[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why this is considered bad? I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9654.jpg (690KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9654.jpg
690KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone explain to me why this is considered bad? I just picked it up last week and haven't found much wrong with it besides the story.
>>
File: 2111236-resteveil6.jpg (19KB, 304x462px) Image search: [Google]
2111236-resteveil6.jpg
19KB, 304x462px
Obligatory
>>
Shitty ass level design and scenarios, but it's still better than Reddit: The Game (RE7)
>>
>>389515268
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>389516915
MODS. MODS. MODS. MODS. MODS. MODS. GET THIS GIRAFFE OFF MY BOARD. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>389517065
Very insightful info. thank you
>>
>>389517045
How is RE7 reddit
And how is calling a game reddit considered valid criticism
>>
>>389517287
Blow me.
>>
5 did everything 6 did but better. Game is just a downgrade.
>>
>>389517362
Reddit's gay.
>>
Shit over the top action gameplay
>>
>>389517613
Also what saved RE5 was Wesker. RE6 didn't even have a decent villain.
>>
>>389515268
It's a weak coop gallery shooter, the problem is that it even fails at being a decent gallery shooter like RE5 was.
>>
>>389517715
The story has been floundering since he died. So, is it America that's the bad guy? Umbrella?
Neo-Umbrella? Who? What? Where?

Without a simple super villain pushing the plot along things got muddled and less interesting.
>>
>>389515268
shitty camera, terrible story that takes itself too seriously, removed the weapon buying and upgrading system that helped make RE4 and RE5 so much fun and replaced it with a half assed "skill" system that doesn't feel like it has much impact on the game, chapters are way too long, and the focus on multiple characters means you get 4 half assed campaigns instead of 1 good one
>>
every new character is fucking trash. i hate chris redfields side kick so fucking much. he has that anime over the top exaggerated voice acting.
>>
Good gameplay in concept, just nothing else surrounding it delivers. The stories all range from boring as hell to pretty good, but at least Mercenaries is something that demands perfection. I would go as far as to say Chris' story would be great if not for the horrible way the ally AI is programmed in the dock running section. Jake's is fine but lacks a lot of impact.

The problem with Mercenaries is that Resident Evil doesn't work with arena type modes beyond a camp kind of thing. RE6's is on par with the rest of the arena type Mercenaries modes, but I think it would've been much better if it were more like RE3's with optional arenas scattered around the maps. This is all completely ignoring that the entire thing is heavily designed for consoles, to the point that some of the runner sections are extremely less tedious if you just use a controller. At least you only have to hammer the confirm button to mix your herbs with maximum efficiency.
>>
>>389518349
Correction: Jake's lacks a lot of impact overall, but the ending was very satisfying to play regardless of how simple it really was.
>>
I don't hate 6 like a lot of people do. My only real complaints are that the guns feel like peashooters and the game has a nasty habit of taking away control and forcing you to looks at something all while enemies use that time to run straight up to you.
>>
>>389515268
Contrarians everywhere.
>>
>>389518034
Newfag: The Post
>>
>>389518826
We had this thread earlier
Calling people contrarian doesn't mean anything. Unless you have an actual argument, it's pointless to say and has been reduced to a buzzword meaning 'You like what I don't' or vice versa
>>
>>389515268
looks like somebody has never played a RE game before
>>
File: Updated shitpost.png (3MB, 2871x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Updated shitpost.png
3MB, 2871x1632px
>people in this thread are acting like the action res were good
Here are all the good RE games
>Biohazard
>2
>3: Last Escape
>Gun Survivor
>Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica
>Gun Survivor 4: Heroes Never Die
>Code Veronica
>Biohazard(GCN)
>Biohazard Outbreak 1 and 2
>>
>>389520410
>the reactions for 4, 5, 6, and 7
discarded
>>
>>389520565
>4
Killed any kind of character Ada could've had and made people think Leon was an autistic comedian rather than just a regular autist.
>5
I'm glad it finishes off the CV story. Everything else was shit though
>6
I liked it as a game. I liked some of the Chris story and Jake story for the characters, but it was brought down by not being a Revelations or Gun Survivor game. Same with 4, RE4 could've easily been called Gun Survivor 5 or something else and I probably would've liked it more, as then I wouldn't have to acknowledge it everytime I talk about the series.
>7
Didn't like it. It simplified what the original REs were about to the point where it was a straight line with some backtracking, and the only time it felt like classic RE was in a godawful boat level.
>>
>>389520919
>It simplified what the original REs were about to the point where it was a straight line with some backtracking
That's what the original RE games were like
>>
>>389521225
>That's what the original RE games were like
The level design of the original REs was open. RE1 started with 2 alternate campaigns to choose from, and once you got to the main hall, you had 5 unlocked doors and one locked door to choose from. Depending on who you choose, you could go through a large chunk of the mansion and be looped back to the main hall of hit a dead end.
In RE2, you always have two paths to choose from when entering a new area. Less options, but that's probably because of the RE1.5 issues and the AB scenarios.
And RE3 had a maze like city at times, where you could genuinely get lost at times, and the Nemesis system made every playthrough varied.
REVII is a linear chore. The Guest House has one path, which leads to Mia, and you can't go back, you have to follow Mia.
The Main House has only one option at the start. Get to the save room. After the garage fight you have technically two options, but one is so short and simple it doesn't matter, that being going back to the living room to grab the dog head emblem. The only other path is going to the east wing of the second floor, where you can only grab another dog's head and a puzzle piece, which puts you down another straight line.
This straight line continues until the boat, which is a shitshow, and then goes back on rails for the ending
>>
It's quite literally the best written, most fun RE game in the series.
Resident Evil 6 is the pinnacle of story telling.

Never forget, your best friend is locked away at the bottom of an ocean base, unable to die or escape.
Hopefully, after the disaster that was that shitty FPS game, we will get our proper sequel where we cure and rescue the only character in the game that Truly mattered.

We haven't forgotten about you Piers Evans, were coming for you buddy!
>>
>>389518867
lol shut up faggot. get laid gay boi
>>
>>389522038
I unironically love Piers and I want Revelations 3 to be about Chris, Leon and Claire going in to save him, with one half focusing on Chris and Piers, the other on Leon and Claire
>>
File: Twins skating.jpg (25KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
Twins skating.jpg
25KB, 600x437px
>>389516915
That 6 is the perfect ink blot
>>
File: images (88).jpg (14KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (88).jpg
14KB, 512x288px
Can we all agree that the reason res is dead now is because nintenbros didn't buy the HD remake?
>>
>>389524356
Capcom was a fool to rely on Gamecube so much. Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, etc
>>
>>389515268
kys
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.