[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you know what i noticed about this series? as the games go on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Yakuza.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
you know what i noticed about this series? as the games go on the story gets shittier but the side content gets better. 0 is an exception to this rule because its a prequel and takes place before the fuckery that is 3-5. i wonder how 6 will fare...
>>
>>389507198
Stop enjoying shovelware.
>>
No shit, Sherlock. Everybody noticed that.
>>
>>389507198
The side content is 5 is pretty weak, really subpar substories, 4 did them more justice
>>
Rubber bullets
>>
0 is ludo
>>
>>389510081
>>
oh yeah, 1 and 2 are absolutely devoid of contrived bullshit and insane twists. 2, especially.
https://youtu.be/jM60oPcaBH4?t=273
>>
>>389507198
>6
Japs hate it because their pure daughter-fu got riced.
>>
>>389508717
Bear hunting and Initial D taxi didnt win you over?
>>
Holy fuck dude I don't care. The combat in the series is awful though.
>start combo
>enemy just swings right through it and knocks you down
>block
>enemy has guard break move
>wait to dodge
>enemy never swings
What the fuck is the point?
>>
>>389511068
>Holy fuck dude I don't care.
what was the point of saying this?
>>
>>389510596
Hunting was cancer. Taxi was ace thou. Cant even remember what Akiyama's shtick was.
>>
>>389511112
I'm mad. I don't give a fuck about the OP's faggot ass opinion on storytelling. I just saw a Yakuza thread and wanted to say that this game has garbage combat.
>>
>>389511406
You just need to get better
>>
>>389511068
>>389511406
First time I see someone whining about fucking yakuza being too hard
>>
>>389511531
>>389511673
It's not my fault the combat is shit. There is no logic behind it so the enemy AI is braindead retarded and just swings unblockable moves all day. I thought this would be like Shenmue or some kind of 3D fighting game.
>>
File: IMG_0410.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.png
2MB, 1366x768px
You know what, Shibusawa suddenly becomes the main villain and final boss in like 2 chapters with a Dragon tattoo is nothing compared to this fucker
>>
The scripts in the first 2 games were done by a crime novel writer, so maybe many will find them stronger as a result. I don't have a PS3 so I've only played 1, 2 and 0 so far but 0 is in some ways at least a downgrade.
>>389511068
>>389511846
I never had any problems with it dude. Are you playing the very first game and assuming the whole series is like that? 1 is pretty hard and stupid at first because you need to unlock basic shit like non-horrible dodging and turning around during a combo but even that one gets far better after the halfway point.

The combat is fun to mess around with and 0 offers a ton of 'messing around' room thanks to all the styles. I just wish they wouldn't let you buy so many healing items because they really cheapen the combat & I assume the average person doesn't really get to experience the fun parts, instead just spamming items through the fights to get to the story bits.
>>
>>389507198
People whined a lot about 6. I personally enjoyed the story. Just wish Takeshi had a bigger role and the final boss was a bit more memorable.
I'm more excited about Kiwami 2, having played the original, than 6.
>>389511068
t. xfat
>>
>>389511849
Are you saying that was a bad story development? I honestly thought it mostly worked well; Kuze & Awano were constantly showing off while Shibusawa was silent & calculating and was controlling things from behind the scenes all along.

The only part where it didn't come together that well is his fighting ability, right down to him having 3 styles the same way you do. There was no real foreshadowing to that.
>>
File: 24 hour cinderella.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
24 hour cinderella.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
So does that one stream ACTUALLY claim that the western fanbase is the only reason they're making Kiwami 2? Supposedly he talks specifically about the sales for "Yakuza" instead of "Like a Dragon" and the west is the only place where it's called "Yakuza" (at least from what I've heard in China & Korea it's just a translation of the original title).

Everyone is basing it on a single Neogaf post from a guy who, after being asked to elaborate by 2 other people, never came back to the subject again.

I personally hope he lied because holy fuck I don't want them to westernize this series in any way especially given the kind of cancerous westerners who are drawn to it for whatever reason.
>>
>>389513853
Kys
>>
>>389513853
>wah wah! stop playing games! just play PUBG instead like everyone else!
>>
>>389513853
>I don't want them to westernize this series
They won't. It's a cult series in Japan and the reason people enjoy it in and outside of the country is exactly because of how Jap it is.

They stopped selling it here when sales were shit, they never tried to westernize it. It's highly unlikely they will now.

I don't know shit about the stream thing, though. It's easy to assume sales were good, though. It's all that really matters.
>>
>>389511396
He doesn't has one
Haruka is the main character of that arc. Shinada has baseball.
>>
>>389507198
In my experience they mostly just get better in all aspects. The story's become a lot sillier, but they remain more-or-less as entertaining as the last game in the series. There are exceptions, Yakuza 3's story isn't that great for how fun it is or how engaging it is, but I enjoyed the story in 1 or 2 just as much as the story in 4 even if the story in 4 was complete nonsense.
>>
>>389514257
>>389514272
What are you faggots mad about? I just don't want them to make them primarily for the west after seeing where that took Capcom.
>>
>>389511068
If you aren't playing the game on HARD and still bitching about enemies having basic as fuck answers to your actions, you don't play action games (or at least shitty ones).

Not even saying Yakuza's gameplay is top notch. It's essentially a Sandbox Brawler with story heavy focus, but you have to be flat out terrible if you have issues with enemies getting basic as fuck answers to all of the bullshit the player is able to get away with.
>>
>>389514561
was meant at >>389514047
>>389514257

>>389514272
There's no way of knowing how it will go. If they realize they're making more money off the west then god knows what changes they might make.

I was mainly asking about the stream because I've not seen anyone actually point towards the part of the video where he supposedly says "we only decided to make RYU GA GOTOKU KIWAMI 2 based on YAKUZA KIWAMI 1 sales". It's always using the shaky Neogaf post as "proof".
>>
>>389507198
>0
>good side content
>literal cellphone tier clicker games
>forced mini-game playing
>gating new skills behind this trash
I thought 5 was fucking bad but 0 took it to a whole new level of shit. At least Kiryu's Crazy Taxi service and dance battles were fun.
>>
>>389514740
But there are dance battles in 0, and Club Sunshine was great
>>
>>389510365

God i fucking hate Haruka so much, i really hope that 7 won't even have her show up at all.
>>
>>389514713
Kiwami 2 comes out in December, there's pretty quick turnaround on these games but it seems unlikely to me that they could whip up a remake of 2 in the Dragon Engine in 12 months. Besides, unless it's starts making GTA money over here it's still probably more popular in Asian markets.
>>
>>389514998
I think he's being dumb but I agree they shouldn't have forced you to do the minigames.
>>
>>389514713
There is no way of knowing how it will go, of course, but you can make assumptions based on past events.
If they want to make more westernized games, they can just make a new Binary Domain, or something like that.
It's pointless to westernize a game so deep rooted in Eastern culture.
I'm assuming you mean story and character wise, when you say westernize, not DLC nonsense or gameplay.
>>
>>389514713
Nigger you're an idiot. The one time they tailored a game for the West (3's butchered localisation), it got shat on it and dropped for subsequent releases.

There is no reason to believe they'd suddenly decide to focus on Western gaming. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>389515124
It just bothers me because that one guy's claim seems like complete nonsense (especially given the guy's lack of elaboration when asked) yet everyone in the western fanbase is taking it as objective fact.
>>
>>389513458
>People whined a lot about 6. I personally enjoyed the story.
But it totally derails Haruka's character. A responsible and mature young woman suddenly has an unprotected one night stand with a gangbanger she just met? Because he chased off a stalker?

Haruka would know better than that.
>>
>>389514713
>focusing on the west
>when it's not even confirmed for western release
>>
>>389515279
see
>>389515284

The consensus among western fans seems to be that they're only making Kiwami 2 for the west.
>>
>>389515459
all women are whores more news at 11
>>
>>389511849

I liked how the bottom bitch of the first boss you fight in Kiryu's chapter became the final boss of the whole game.
>>
>>389515585
Stop giving credence to utter bullshit.
>>
>>389515653
But you spend the entire main series raising Haruka from a tiny daughteru.

It's a fucking stupid plot twist and makes no sense given previous charaterization.
>>
>>389515653
*tipping intensifies*
>>
File: iwe;oiqw;oei.png (584KB, 1258x818px) Image search: [Google]
iwe;oiqw;oei.png
584KB, 1258x818px
>>389515263
I'm talking about gameplay, but maybe also going back on certain comments about "keeping the series manly" & not altering their artistic vision to pander to wider demographics. Along with the drama and retarded back-and-forths that will happen from both sides if they end up doing that.

The Yakuza team has taken fan criticism into account before and a CERTAIN loud western demographic in the west has already flocked to the series. If this type of e-drama reaches the Yakuza devs I'm gonna punch a baby in the face.
>>
>>389515459
I understand and agree. It just depends on how much you care about her character. I stopped caring all that much when she stopped being a cute child I could raise in honor of Yumi.
>>
>>389515459
Why is it 'irresponsible' though? Does she accidentally get pregnant or what?
>>
>>389507198
>story gets shittier
I don't even remember the plots of 2-5. I remember enjoying the games but that's it. I remember 0 because I just played it and 1 because it was the first.
>>
>>389515891
Let's hope it stays true to it's formula.
Nagoshi doesn't seem like the kind of dev that would consider nonsense from those demographics, it goes against everything in the Yakuza series, basically.
>>
>>389516201
The thing is, I actually think the series as-is does a great job at covering Asian issues of xenophobia & racism without being preachy or self-hating (the series acknowledges Japan has problems while still being very proudly Japanese). But then you have dipshit Neofags complaining about the lack of "diversity" by US standards because their American issues aren't showcased in a Japanese game.
>>
>>389516024
Yes.
>>
>>389507198
>CHINKED
>>
>>389516024
Yes. The whole plot of 6 is looking after her son, Haruto.

The father didn't know she got pregnant. She met him, had sex, and then never saw him again.

That is not the little girl we raised as Kiryu.
>>
>>389507198
The fans hated the ending of 6 because it's a massive fuck you to Kiryu and the fanbase.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.