[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this game is literally perfect.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 56

File: bloodborne-main.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-main.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
this game is literally perfect.
>>
chalice dungeons
>>
>>389502876
chalice dungeons were an amazing piece of optional content
>>
>>389502646
You can't pause the game
>>
>>389502646
Not perfect but my only reason to be blacked by Sony.
Talking about Souls... I bought DS3 on PC last week and aside from the bigger resolution and framerate Bloodborne looks better some wet surfaces and shadows looks really good but those graphics effects are missing on DS3.
WHY?
>>
chalice dungeons were fucking trash
>>
No it's not. It has a shitton of flaws.
>>
Rom's kinda dumb. Not impossible, just not particularly fun. It's a boss I could do without. Speaking of not particularly strong bosses, The One Reborn was...a thing, I guess.
>>
>>389502646
>15 fps
>framepacing
>convoluted story
>no weapons
>poor rpg elements
>mid-tier level design
>broken ass procedural dungeon
>LITERALLY PERFECT
>>
>>389502876
This. So many of the coolest enemies and bosses are restricted to a HORRIBLE side mode that isn't even remotely fun. They should have completely removed the component part of the dungeons and just made them an optional area you could go to if you wanted to grind. The only thing that should be able to stop you from progressing in the dungeons should be difficulty, not arbitrary ingredients you need to grind for or find.
>>
>>389503121
All the chalice versions of bosses sucked ass. Amygdala goes from a fun diversion to a giant pain in the ass. Rom goes from a pain in the ass to the most giantest pain an ass can fathom.
>>
>>389503001
BB had a bigger budget because Sony. Also BB was even dubbed in other languages beside english same as every Sony exclusive. I'm from Italy.
FS have no money so DS3 development was fast and the game it's only avaliable in english with a graphics downgrade compared with BB.
>>
>>389502646
>Chalices
>Too short
>Magic is literally No fun allowed until after Cainhurst and even there
>everything is melee
>Build variety, what's that?
>fanbase (we can argue this one)

great game, but far from perfect, but whathever I say you will start to refute it like the fanboy you are.
>>
>>389502646
Chalice dungeons were a nice idea but the only rewards you get from them are items to make more chalice dungeons so fuck you.
>>
Bosses were so unmemorable though. Literally every boss since BB were atleast interesting from a design point.
>>
>>389502876
I like them, the problem was mat grinding not the actual dungeons themselves.
>>
>>389502646
*almost perfect, but definitely one of the best of all time.
>>
>>389502876

It's funny, I love chalice dungeons in concept, just the sort of room by room dungeon design like in Zelda 1 or something but the rooms are all made from the same half dozen or so designs arranged slightly differently and it just gets old fast, not to mention farming for ritual ingredients. If they could've kept it fresher then I'd adore it but as is it's too repetitive.
>>
There's literally no point in trying to refute it since sonybros are the only people who bought it, and you know how they are.
>>
>>389503241
Well that's not a downgrade.
They won't polish the game in that aspect Bloodborne indeed sometimes looks better than DS3 but both games looks pretty bad compared to others. FromSoftware ancient engine didn't help.
>>
>>389502646
One of my favs this gen, but far away from perfect

>Blood Gem farming sucks & people abuse PSN+ saves
>PVP is probably the weakest out of all the Souls like
>Weapon diversity is a bit lacking
>Chalice Dungeons are half assed & it's questionable if such important lore bosses should have been locked behind them (Phtumerian Queen)
>& yes the frame pacing is a bit shit & the loading times were hilariously bad pre patches
>>
>>389503241
BUBBI BAPPA PAPPA ROPPI BATTA
>>
>>389503402
i did not know "sonyggrs" was filtered lmao
>>
>>389502646
>chalice dungeons
>blood vials
>forced transformation attacks
>repetitive artstyle
>eyesore framerate
>shit online
>half parries fucking everywhere
>"""""""""""perfect""""""""""""
>>389503402
I actually fucking bought the damn thing(ps4 was borrowed though), good game but the fact that sonegros hold it on a pedestal makes me hate it.
>>
>>389503001
I really hope this is a joke
>>
>>389503241
I notice that too.
Bloodborne is completely dubbed in spanish here in Spain but Dark Souls 3 is in english with subtitles.
>>
>>389503148

>mid-tier level design

I like its design more than the DaS games. Takes more cues from DeS with the progression and shortcuts.
>>
>>389503001
BB has a vaseline filter+heavy chromatic aberration, textures are about the same in general. Lighting is genuinely better though.
>>
>>389503798
I forgot to say spanish (from Spain) doll is the best.
Y quien diga lo contrario me puede comer la polla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kFcQcxSkQ
>>
>>389502876
>totally optional
>unique items, weapon variants, enemies, bosses, blood gems, runes and an armor set
>can co-op/pvp inside
>can use never before seen in a Souls title random generation system to make your own variant dungeon crawl
I will never understand the hatred for Chalice Dungeons. It's hours of additional content. Unique additional content.
Yes, the tilesets can get samey.
Yes, it would have been preferrable for the content to have been full levels/locales.

Many other studios leave a lot of this sort of stuff on the cutting room floor, at least we get to see this content implemented in-game in some form.
>>
File: Watchdog_Sides.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Watchdog_Sides.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>389502876
I honestly love the chalice dungeons. They the were closest thing the series has to dungeon crawling and some online ones are fun. To me they were just a way to continue playing and experimenting with the games combat system. I wish DaS3 had a more improved version of them with actual different, branching layouts, maybe even puzzles and more unique bosses
>>
>>389503937
No, just NO!
DS1 level design was objectively better and simply revolutionary, in BB there's a shitty hub where you can teleport... is this Super Mario World or something? What year is this 1990?
>>
>>389503616
>chalice dungeons
not a negative when they are basically extra content
>blood vials
not a negative. it is better than the souls approach
>forced transformation attacks
this is good and gives the weapons character.
If they weren't there, transformations would also look janky.
Also they aren't forced if you aren't midcombo.
>repetitive artstyle
meme. How can an artstyle be repetitive?
I enjoy the consistency that it brings.
If you think the designs are repetitive then you must be retarded.
>eyesore framerate
the only thing I agree with.
Although I must say, that the game handles running at 30fps pretty well.
>shit online
literally why?
>half parries fucking everywhere
the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>389503656
>>389503938
Some effects had much more work put into them in BB compared to DaS3.
Look at the Moonlight Greatsword or the blood effects for example.

In Bloodborne it has particle effects on every swing and has unique moves.
In 3 it looks like an ugly low res mess.
>>
As earlier anons mentioned, chalice dungeons would have been fine if they were all accessible from the start and didn't require grinding ingredients. If I want to get my shit kicked in by enemies way above my level, then fucking let me. The system they went with was one of the worst they could possibly choose.
>>
>>389502920
this, why didn't ppl like them? it seems ppl go out of their way to shit on them but they are out of the way anyway
>>
>>389503001
>buying ds3 for pc when you have a ps4
i dont get it...
>>
>>389504471
The hunters dream is there for a reason.
If you don't understand why, actually play the game, and at least try to understand the story.
Also DS1 level design IS objectively worse.
BB has the best level design in any souls game.
I don't know what must be wrong with you, if you don't understand this.
>>
>>389504684
Neo/v/ are a bunch of opinion parroting faggots who want to fit into the mold.
Groupthink or get called /reddit/.
>>
>>389502646
It needs to be harder.
>>
>>389504548
>Bloodborne is a good looking game
>>
>>389504934
you can psuedo achieve this by using crap weapons and limiting your vial usage.
What would make this game harder for you?
>>
>>389504295
I liked em too. they were a nice diversion from the main game to mess around in once in a while. only problem I had were the first ones were ugly as fuck aesthetic wise and some of the bosses were just lazy and shitty (chalice Rom, and the big lightning beast one that tanked the framerate)
>>
>>389504830
PS4 = Exclusives
PC = Everything else.
Some people have consoles + PC.
The best choice is PC + some Nintendo crap but Sony trash + PC it's also a good choice.
>>
>>389503157
I literally never had to grind anything. If you do them in order and don't skip areas, you'll always have the mats to create the next chalice
>>
>>389504682
>chalice dungeons would have been fine if they were all accessible from the start
Why?
Also,in the end chalice dungeons can become much harder than anything in the main game.
For example some cursed and defiled dungeons kicked my ass.
The chalices are further a part of the lore, and I don't know if it would have been a good idea to include access to them in the beginning.
Also the access to the dungeons is only delayed a few hours from the start of the game.
>>
>>389504851
No way! Are yoou saying that an area of the games has been contextualized in the lore?!
OH
EM
GEE
Thanks Sony! What a game!! What a gaming revolution...
>>
>>389504950
What exactly are you trying to show?
>>
>>389505038
For starters faster enemy animations, especially reducing their recovery time so you have to work harder to find openings.
>>
>>389505143
>Why?
Because grinding through the same pre-made chalice dungeons each game to get to the good stuff is a pain in the ass? Did you ever even play the game?
>>
>>389503508
>weapon diversity lacking

Oh, you didn't play the game
>>
>>389505209
Wow, what a non-argument.
I hope you reread the shit you wrote and realize what a huge fucking retard you are.
>>
>>389503148
>>no weapons
Sorry would you like 20 reskins with the same movesets. Almost all the weapons in BB feel much for satisfying to use than around 80% of the weapons in Souls and are actually unique. They are almost all 2 weapons in 1.
>>
>>389505283
>each game
Oh wow, you have to replay the game to replay the game?
Who would have fucking thought?
If you want to just play the chalice dungeons, just don't defeat the final boss, nigger.
>>
>>389505351
more accurately, the fun weapons are locked behind several hours of the DLC, instead of being available earlier on. There is no sane gameplay reason for the de-facto arcane weapon being locked behind the strongest boss in the game.
>>
>>389505351
Ive put like 500 hours into it
Quite a few of the weapons are just not that good
>>
>>389504830
>Buying a version with bad framepacing and a 30FPS cap when you can buy a version that runs at 60FPS with no framepacing issues
Are you retarded?
>>
>>389504950
Who are you quoting?
I said they put more work into effects like the blood and some particles than in DaS3 and it shows.
>>
>>389502646
Frame pacing,frame rate drops below 30fps, chalice dungeons, literally perfect.
>>
>>389505665
Which?

>>389505856
>Frame pacing,frame rate drops below 30fps
valid critique.
Although a bit better on ps pro.
>chalice dungeons
You are retarded.
>>
>>389505240
The moon looks like some MS Paint stuff, also it doesn't' reflect light.
>>
>>389505856
here comes a mad pcfag with his "frame pacing" memes
>>
>>389505968
protip: it's supposed to look this way because of lore
>>
File: 1504652165601.jpg (117KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
1504652165601.jpg
117KB, 487x487px
The bosses are pretty bad.
>Witch of Hemwick
>Celestial Emissary
>Micolash
>Darkbeast Paarl
>Moon Presence
>Cleric Beast
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>>
>>389505474
I want a reason to explore the game and find new items.
Having only 20 weapons is a bit, you know... disappointing
>>
>>389506125
I'm a BB fag and even I think that's retarded.
Is the floating statue in Old Yharnam lore too?
>>
>>389502646
Not perfect, but it's a damn good game.
>>
>>389506125
You are... I dunno, I don't have words to describe a retard like you
>>
>>389504471
>DS1 level design was objectively better and simply revolutionary
you must be underage
>>
>>389506178
None of these are bad though. Maybe the witches or Celestial since you fight the minions more than them.
>>
>>389503234
Lol git gud
>>
>>389502646
can't even run at a steady 30fps. call me when it gets a pro patch or doesn't run on garbage hardware
>>
>>389506187
There's 41 including secondaries. More if you want to include arcanes. Plus most of the trick weapons are you know.....2 weapons.
>>
File: .jpg (98KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
98KB, 1024x760px
>>389506619
You're right they're terrible.
>Micolash
You spend most of your time running around and when you finally do fight him he is trivial, you just stay up close to him to bait out his tentacle move and then attack him. His second phase is the same thing except he can use A Call Beyond which is easily stopped with your gun or just staying close to him.
>Darkbeast Paarl
This is a boss that literally can be perpetually stun locked as he collapses after a certain amount of damage has been done to his feet, even if you fight him after first arriving to Cathedral Ward he's not a challenge in the slightest.
>Moon Presence
Can't say much about him other than he stops you from healing because I killed him so fast, just hug his blindspots and hack away. Nothing to it and a very disappointing followup to Gehrman who is one of the few good bosses in the base game.
>Cleric Beast
All you need to do here is hug its feet and hack away at it, the only moves you need to be careful of are his grab and when he jumps up. Again there's nothing to it.
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
This would be a good fight if she was more aggressive like Logarius or Gehrman but sometimes she'll inadvertently start her attack string when you're nowhere near and you can easily just go behind her and get a lot of damage in. If this boss was aggressive then it would be a great fight but once again it lacks any sort of challenge.

Bloodborne's bosses are quite and and there is a serious lack of variety to them anyways which is why I'll give Rom and Shadow of Yharnam a pass since they're unique fights even if they're both relatively easy.
>>
>>389506235
Those are different things though.
Furthermore go outside and take a good look at the moon.
realize the following:
The overall albedo of the Moon is measured to be around 0.136,[21] but it is strongly directional and non-Lambertian, displaying also a strong opposition effect.[22] Although such reflectance properties are different from those of any terrestrial terrains, they are typical of the regolith surfaces of airless Solar System bodies.
Then maybe look at the moon again in bloodborne and realize, why "it doesn't refelct light".
Why does the moon in this game look kind off in this game then?
Maybe try to think about what the fuck the moon presence is, and why a whole lot of shit in this game references the moon.
This has nothing to do with the "reflections" of the moon though.

>>389506349
Maybe I am so retarded that I can't even understand what the FUCK you are hinting at, but my guess is that you don't even try to think beyond anything that is immediately in your grasp of understanding.
>>
>>389504521
>the game handles running at 30 fps pretty well
Kek
>>
>>389507108
Man that moon looks fucking shit. It's hideous, bad modeled and doesn't reflect any light .
Seriously, it's not that hard to understand
>>
>>389502646
the second half is shit it become a linear loading screenfest of shitty areas and shitty bosses
Byrgenwerth (shit) + Rom (shit) -> loading screen -> Yahrghul (shit) + One Reborn (shit) -> loading screen -> College Building (shit) -> loading screen -> Nightmare of Mensis (god-tier) + Micolash (shit) + Wet Nurse (shit) -> loading screen -> Hunter's Dream (shit) + Gehrman (great) + Moon Presence (shit).
people were just busy with "muh cosmic horror transition" to notice how shit it was.
>>
>>389507372
It isn't modeled though, since its a texture.
There is no difference between just a texture and a model when the object is far enough from the camera, since the z component in view space of every vertex is roughly the same.
And I really don't understand what the fuck you find hideous about it, since it is pretty much just a picture of the moon with some distortions applied to it.
The thing that is truly peculiar about it isn't whatever the fuck you retard are talking about (if it wouldn't reflect light it would be black you fucktard) is that it is in front of the clouds!!!
This is because it isn't actually a fucking moon in the sense that it is an interstellar rock floating around the planet, but rather something related to the whole plot and lore of the game.
If you don't understand this simple fact, you are a huge fucking retard and a waste of space.
>>
File: DHITKHpUMAAylcF.png (2MB, 1301x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DHITKHpUMAAylcF.png
2MB, 1301x2048px
>>389502646
8.5/10 Base game

10/10 with Old Hunter

Astral Clocktower is top 2 zones in the entire series along with Latria.

You will NEVER fucking adventure through the Clocktower for the first time again. I fucking hope TGS gives us a sequel or spiritual successor.
>>
>>389506015
I don't own a pc I have a ps4 and bloodborne I like the game but it's not perfect by any stretch also these threads are constant and fucking annoying
>>
>>389508063

Of those I only really disliked Byrgenwerth/Yahrghul but in general I would agree that the second half is weaker than the first.

>>389508279

>Astral Clocktower is top 2 zones in the entire series along with Latria.

Truth.
>>
>>389508279
>>389508421
When should I do the DLC in NG+? I think I'm around level 85 or so, I beat Gascoigne last I played.
>>
>>389508063
>Micolash (shit)
I hate you, and hope you die a painful death.
>>
>>389503241
>>389503798
true Souls games were always dubbed in english even in Japan (there are no japanese dubs).
>>
>>389508491
Levels dont matter THAT much if you're good.

But if you're just another dude, I recommend AT MINIMAL 40 points in Vitality and 40 in your primary offense stat, and a +9 or +10 weapon with at least 18% gems to plow through NG+ DLC without feeling like it's a chore
>>
>>389504851
>The hunters dream is there for a reason.
If you don't understand why, actually play the game, and at least try to understand the story.
Also DS1 level design IS objectively worse.
gameplay > lore you fucking pleb
>>
>>389508491

I dunno about NG+ because that too is the last thing I did but in NG 85 would be fine. Can't tell you how much harder it'd be in NG+ but you wouldn't be overleveled in NG. I dunno, you could give it a go and see how Ludwig pans out. If you can handle him, you should be good.
>>
>>389508852
>Also DS1 level design IS objectively worse.
thanks for agreeing.
>gameplay > lore you fucking pleb
too good BB is better in both aspects.
If someone doesn't agree, he must be literally stupid.
>>
>>389508852

Not that anon but I never cared as much for DaS's more sprawling design compared to the tighter focus of DeS and BB. It's all fine but I prefer the latter. That said, DaS1 does have some fun as fuck levels like Sen's Funhouse and Duke's Archives.
>>
BB=DaS>DeS>all others who cares
You know I'm right.
>>
>>389502646
>Blood vials doesnt replenish at lantern
>chalice dungeon

Its almost a perfect game. I still consider it to be in my top 5 games.
>>
>>389509231
If lanterns were taller and you could just lean against the pole under the light to replenish blood vials the game would be 10/10.
>>
>>389509231
Lantern should definitely have reset area + restock from storage. That's a big miss

And they should have given us AT least one of these:

A. One stat reset per playthrough

OR

B. Chalice Dungeon progress should be account wide.
>>
>>389509231
After talking about it for a long time with my brother we agreed that this is actually better.
You don't have to agree, but you need to understand that others think so.
>>
>>389509020
i didn't agree i just forgot to greentext that, also please tell me how many different progression routes i can take to finish BB compared to DkS1.
>>
>>389509173

Switch DeS with DaS.
>>
>>389508519
Just because he says funny shit doesn't make him a good boss. He's a gimmick fight.
>>
>>389509517
It's good you can keep getting blood vials from monsters so when you get to the boss you can potentially have a full stock of vials, but if you're starting out and you die a lot and run out of vials you're stuck grinding for a while.
>>
>>389509517
It doesnt have to be free vials.

Lantern restocking you with Vials from your storage would have been fine. The fact that you have to go back into the dream to reset area and restock consumables is a huge waste of time, especially with how bad the loading time was at BB's launch.
>>
>>389509519
>also please tell me how many different progression routes
How does this make one better than the other?
The qualities I find better in BB are things that are not properly expressible in words, which makes it hard to argue about them.
In the end I simply think it's better.
>>
File: 1498155417785.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498155417785.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389509517
What's better about making the game more tedious? This is some next level contrarianism.
>>
>>389509703
>It doesnt have to be free vials.
> The fact that you have to go back into the dream to reset area and restock consumables is a huge waste of time
You are right.
>>
>>389502646
You don't know what perfect means.
>>
>>389509714

Equip gear with fire res, lock on and use dashes instead of rolls. But mostly equip gear with fire res.
>>
>>389502646
I refuse to play this unless it comes to PC
>>
>>389509767
wow you're bad at this game
>>
>>389504202
You are justifying shit so you don't feel bad when you eat it.
>>
>>389509915

Whoops, meant for

>>389509767
>>
File: 1498155176141.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498155176141.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389509770
>What's better about making the game more tedious?
This same thinking could be applied to the whole souls series.
Why make me lose souls? It just makes everything more annoying if I die.
Just make this whole thing more streamlined, for the perfect AAA experience.
>>
>>389509231
it discourages just running thru to bonfires. gotta take your time and kill enemies along the way to keep blood vials stocks up. they actually drop like candy
once I figured this out I enjoyed the game a lot more

also makes boss fights much more tense knowing you effectively have limited tries before you have to fuck off somewhere else for a while. instead of like in dark souls where you can just throw yourself at the boss until you fluke a win or just memorize the patterns (turning it into a lame autism execution test)

it not the perfect solution but meh, at least it's not estus
>>
>>389503254
>magic only gets a simple arrow spell from the DLC

Worst part about magic for me.
>>
>>389510074
There is no magic in this game.
You are using items.
>>
>>389502646
Framerate.
>>
>>389509517
>each time you need to get vials in later levels you need to go back at the beginning.
>you got to go trough 4 long ass loading screen in total

If it wasnt for the loading screens, i would kinda understand. To me, it feels like a cheap way to fill hours in the game or an oversight by the devs.
>>
>>389509997

That's certainly sketchier but you could've dodged away from the attack arc. His final form's a bitch with the physical damage though.
>>
>>389510131
Scales off Arcane so might as well be magic.
>>
>>389509767
>>389509997
kek this is worse than Dark Souls 2
>>
>>389509231
Which is stupid since if you died they refill. From had two previous games where estus replenished at rest stops and couldn't figure that out.
>>
File: DaS 2 Hitbox.webm (2MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
DaS 2 Hitbox.webm
2MB, 940x529px
>>389510301
>>
>>389510245
This might be one the worst posts i've seen on /v/.
>>
Reminder to read 'Paleblood hunt'
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit
It's actually a good read compared to alot of other shit out there.

>>389510204
Which is why I agreed with
>>389509703
>>389509847

>>389510242
Maybe I am nitpicking, but arcane is not magic,
and the game actually enforces this too, so I am not talking out of my ass.
Maybe I am too specific about details, but just read the paleblood hunt anyway.
>>
>>389510454
>I didn’t really like Dark Souls. Objectively speaking, it’s a great game.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>389502646
Yep
>>
>>389510646
You should continue reading though.
It's really good, no joke.
>>
File: BloodborneHitbox.webm (670KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneHitbox.webm
670KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389509767
>>389509997
>fighting Laurence with such a short vitality and reaching his second stage
I feel even less gud now, fuck this boss
>>
>>389502646
>perfect
but it's still very good
>>
>>389502646
IT's perfect if you ignore all the flaws, sure. it still has the same shit hitboxes that all the other games have.
>>
>>389502646
>chalice dungeons
>blood vials
>terrible framerate/framepacing
>too many city street environments
>dead ends that obviously led to cut content
>too many autistic flailing beast bosses
>combat against basic enemies usually involves stunlocking them to death with R1 spam
>hunter enemies have infinite ammo/stamina
>weak weapon variety in the base game, and while the DLC adds many more, by the time you get around to it you've probably already finished most of the game
>Laurence is really disappointing and half-assed, especially compared to other optional Souls DLC bosses like Kalameet
>because of the removal/nerfing of shields and the inclusion of the rally mechanic, Vitality is incredibly good and Endurance is near useless (this is probably the biggest noob trap)
>dream/nightmare theme is interesting but often feels like an excuse for the lack of coherent world design (everything up to Unseen Village is connected but then you just start teleporting to random places)
>plot is really flimsy compared to DeS/DaS, instead of the player character having any motivation for what they're doing you're just guided by vague messages (clearly added by the devs at the last minute) and the linear world design
>lanterns are much shittier than bonfires, can't sit down, teleport between them, or level-up, have to use a hub and go through two loading screens every time
>too many elevators
>some recurring Souls problems like bad AI pathfinding, enemy weapons being able to ignore level geometry but not yours, places to fall down that look safe but are actually instant death, hitboxes, etc
>could probably add a bunch of additional nitpicks if we broke it down by area

Having said all that it's a pretty good game and I mostly enjoyed it. But calling it perfect is just outright false. No game is perfect. Even Tetris was improved upon, multiple times.
>>
>>389510031
>it discourages just running thru to bonfires. gotta take your time and kill enemies along the way to keep blood vials stocks up. they actually drop like candy

Huh, i didnt think it that way and it probably explain why its like that. However, the playstyle of BB is all about going in so it still feel a bit out of place. Would be intersesting how a darks souls would feel implementing this system.
>>
>>389503402
What if I told you, that I play video games on PC, Xbone, PS4, and the Wii U, but I still hold Bloodborne in high regard?
>>
>>389502646
Only significant flaw I can think of is how so many of the weapons aren't really accessible early enough for use in your first playthrough. I really don't enjoy NG+ (it's too easy and lacks a satisfying sense of progression), would much rather start a fresh character.
>>
File: 1487989834951.jpg (712KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487989834951.jpg
712KB, 1920x1200px
>>389502646
Not with Vilebloods in it.
>>
>>389512017

Praise the good blood.
>>
File: 1484796887394.webm (3MB, 800x348px) Image search: [Google]
1484796887394.webm
3MB, 800x348px
>>389502646
>bloodborne is perfect
>>
File: PPXdj6Tg.jpg (2MB, 600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
PPXdj6Tg.jpg
2MB, 600x5000px
Any pleb who says dungeons are trash doesn't know what they're talking about. It's post game development side content dungeon crawler mode and it's only boring if you're an idiot going into every room collecting materials.

Here's a guide, thank me later:

>full size
https://i.imgur.com/PPXdj6Tg.jpg
>>
>>389502646
not with those low resolution jaggies and bad framerate
>>
>>389512374
The chalice dungeons ARE shit you fucking faggot, they're shit in more ways than one. Your ass blasted fromdrone mindset isn't going to change anything and just because you posted a guide doesn't mean it isn't shit. Not only are they just boring but they're terribly optimized to boot. I'm constantly playing the game and the FPS drops to single digits int he chalice dungeons sometimes.
>>
Does the Threaded Cane's whip form count as a serrated weapon?
>>
>>389512705
Yes
>>
>>389504830
This aint Dark Souls 1 anymore. Literally the only reason to select DaS3 on any console when you have a PC is to avoid PC's online community and its multitude of hackers. Absolutely everything else is better on PC.
>>
>>389512374
They are trash, they are far too repetitive and the layouts are mostly very uninspired. There's a couple good bosses but a lot of them are terrible, they literally made a pig enemy a boss. They were created as filler to justify paying $60 because the base game is rather short. The material grind is also awful and I find it funny how you call people idiots yet suggest they use a guide, that says a lot about the chalice dungeons' design.
>>
>>
>>389512326
Get good
>>
Are people really complaining about grinding for chalice mats? If you do them in the order you get them, you ALWAYS get mats for the next dungeon if you fully explore the dungeon. My only beef is that you have to go all the way through the story dungeons on every character to get to FRC and top tier gems
>>
>>389513195
That's the thing, to "fully explore" the dungeons involves a lot of tedious trekking through the same exact looking side areas over and over. It's not literal grinding but it feels a lot like grinding.
>>
>>389513195
>My only beef is that you have to go all the way through the story dungeons on every character to get to FRC and top tier gems
I am 100% okay with this. It's the only thing keeping twinks at bay. Otherwise every single invader you face even in earlier levels would be completely topped out with those gems. Now people really have to earn it if they wanna wreck somebody in PvP.
>>
>>389513195
I just wish there was more variety in the dungeons
>>
>>
>>389513897
??
>>
>>389512801
Cool. Any advice on fighting Vicar Amelia? Something tells me I'll be farming for blood vial soon.
>>
>>389514214
The arrow launching statue is stuck in the wall and when it launches arrows they also get stuck in the wall
>>
>>389514283
Dodge and be aggressive? That's how all the bosses are fought. They're pretty fucking easy.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
this cursed dungeon stupid fucking nigger is pissing me off
>>
>>389514352
This.
Anyone who has trouble with Amelia needs to stop playing video games immediately.
>>
File: 1500790205087.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1500790205087.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>389514716
I'll never understand how people find the boss difficult. She's a giant boss enemy and every single giant boss can get staggered repeatedly throughout the boss fight if they get hit fast enough. It doesn't even matter what weapon type is being used.
>>
>>389514880
All the beast bosses, which is 60% of the base game, are beaten by hugging their sides and mashing R1. The only exception is Blood Starved Beast but as long as you dodge into him up and left then he's pretty easy too.
>>
>>389503157
this tbqh

also make the drops you find in the story chalices actually good
>>
>>389514352
>>389514716
>>389514880
Well I'm finding her difficult because I'm on my 4th try with her. Make me wonder how I beat Amelia before.
>>
File: 1486791092954.png (127KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1486791092954.png
127KB, 785x757px
>>389514716
Fuck you
>>
>>389514880
Her range harms people who back off rather than hug her sides and you must hug your right or her left since the swipe with her right claw will have a hitbox that stretches backwards as she claws along the ground. Just tends to fuck up people not used to the standard procedure.
>>
>>389515128
Yeah let's see you stagger the abhorrent beast to death.
>>
>>389506178
the one reborn is worse than all of those put together

the main story bosses get pretty fucking bad after the shadows of yharnam but thankfully the DLC picks up the slack and then some
>>
I feel like they put all their effort towards the look and atmosphere of the game that the general mechanics are left very unpolished. There some good ideas but they are not implemented well into the game.
>>
File: The_one.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_one.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>389515447
I forgot about him honestly, I always do. It truly is an abysmal fight, it's like they tried to recreate Tower Knight but just failed at a fundamental level.

Music and design are 10/10 though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncJ1yX-BgQ
>>
>>389515454
>the general mechanics are left very unpolished.
How so? If anything I'd say the weapon distribution and equipment sets are unpolished but the mechanics are great, at least when one looks at it as a faster dark souls without shields that rewards aggression by allowing some healing for mistakes if you keep up the attack
>>
>>389510005
losing souls is part of the game/series

sitting through loading screens for no reason isn't. in fact, all the dark souls games allow you to replenish your stock from the bonfires.

it's stupid and pointless.
>>
>>389502646
Blood Gems were stupid and promoted farming for shit. No proper PvP. Invasions and the bell-ringing women were a bad system.
>>
>>389506178
>Micolash
>bad
AWAY AWAY
>>
>>389506178
I completely forgot about Paarl, god fucking damn it that fight is awful. It's pathetically easy if the hunter just hugs him and spams r1, especially after the first stagger.
>>
File: 1487116363268.jpg (134KB, 554x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487116363268.jpg
134KB, 554x1000px
>>389512705
Yup
>>
>>389515774
>No proper PvP.
If invasions aren't proper pvp, what is? A PVP mode?
>>
>>389516054
Yes, something similar to DS3's Undead Matches
>>
File: Plain.Doll.full.1862888.jpg (527KB, 1196x855px) Image search: [Google]
Plain.Doll.full.1862888.jpg
527KB, 1196x855px
>>389515986
Post more Doll.
>>
Oh look, another Bloodbourne and PS4 shill thread
>>
>>389514283
serrated weapon + fire paper
>>
File: 1379677602941.jpg (194KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1379677602941.jpg
194KB, 720x1280px
I played Dark Souls 1, then Dark Souls 3, then Bloodborne, and found Bloodborne's bosses, with the exception of Father Gascoigne, to be much easier than their counterparts in souls games. Did anyone else have this experience?
>>
File: 1498712258123.gif (447KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
1498712258123.gif
447KB, 245x175px
>>389516218
>Shilling a 3 year old game
Oh look, another newfag who doesn't know how this site works.
>>
>>389516339
>loodborne's bosses, with the exception of Father Gascoigne, to be much easier than their counter
It's because they are. All the giant bosses can get staggered repeatedly and all the humanoid enemies can get stunlocked into oblivion and also parried until death. The only bosses I had trouble with were Orphan and Ludwig and that's only because I didn't know Orphan could get staggered AND stunlocked in both phases and ludwig has broken hitbox fuckery and stupid attack that change direction mid flight (like is stupid charge attack)
>>
>>389516391
>it's old so you can't say bad thing about it
>>
Chalice dungeons were so boring. Running through a random copypasted dungeon maze.
>>
>>389516654
>All the giant bosses can get staggered repeatedly
In the case of Darkbeast Paarl you can literally lock him down the whole """"""""""""fight""""""""""" with charged R2s on his legs.
>>
>>389516757
>WAAAAAH SHILLLLS
Is not a critique sweetie. It's ok you'll fit in soon enough :)
>>
>>389516893
I have a webm of what but it's so long that I can't get it under the 3mb size limit to post it. What a pathetic boss fight.
>>
>>389516654
staggered and parried*
>>
>>389509915
thanks for the tip, finally beat the guy
his second stage was nasty, I kept getting stunlocked at the lava
>>
>>389516339
Gassy only seemed harder because he is the one that teaches you BB combat against bosses. You could probably replay the fight and have it not be that hard. But yes BB was much easier than any das for me. A few bosses are somewhat hard but not as hard as the average das boss. I was able to go in and win with no deaths against some bosses, while in all dases, that's very rare, usually i have at least one death
>>
>>389509020
>>389509714
If you think Bloodborne has better lore than any of the other souls games you truly are delusional.
>>
>>389517502
Just read the paleblood hunt.
Fucking do it.
100 pages aren't that much.
After you have read it, then you will understand how you have been proven wrong.
You will realize that maybe you shouldn't have said such a stupid thing.
>>
>>389505678
>>389504830
>>
>>389517636
>read a bunch of headcanon shit from rabid fans to prove the lore isn't convoluted garbage
And no, that isn't a meme. Everything surrounding Bloodbornes lore is pure head-canon outside of surface level knowledge. Some dumb 100 page fanmade piece of shit won't change that. It has less coherence than the shit I took this morning.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>389517769
>It has less coherence than the shit I took this morning.
>>
File: 1504237944762.png (180KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504237944762.png
180KB, 400x400px
>>389502646
>20 fps
>30 fps cap
>no AF and hardly any AA
>chunky munky
I'm glad I sold my first gen ps4 and this gayme. If I had one now I'd probably only play madden. plan on torrenting nba 2k like I do every year. fuck them.
>>
>>389517769
>He doesn't have enough eyes to understand
I pity you sir
>>
File: 1356636044794.jpg (53KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1356636044794.jpg
53KB, 768x576px
>>389504521
>How can an artstyle be repetitive?
By having all environments consist of slimy, dusty, gray messes and having bosses mainly consist of boring lanky abominations covered disgustingly rendered hair/fur, you dolt.
>>
>>389504521
>not a negative. it is better than the souls approach
Blood vials are fucking terrible. Fuck off. It's some shitty hybrid of grass and Estus yet it isn't as good as either.
>>
>>389520873
grass wasn't good
>>
>>389510368
How did Dark Souls 2 fuck up the visuals so bad

The models and animations are acceptable, but somehow when you put them together it looks infinitely worse
>>
File: 1482026812679.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482026812679.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>389521031
It was better than Blood vials.
>>389504521
>the game handles running at 30fps pretty well.
No it doesn't.
>>
>>389520208
Good thing that's not the case with bloodborne
>>
>>389521337
Lets see here.
>central yharnam
>y'haragul
>old yharnam
>cathedral ward
>upper cathedral ward

They all look the exact same and the only difference is the lighting. Gets pretty repetitive if you ask me. Not to mention that those are half the areas in the game. all the nightmares also look the same. The only place that looks like its own unique spot is the building within the nightmare of Mensis.
>>
>>389521713
As well as the forbidden woods.
>>
>>389515648
My complaint is that it's less of an RPG and more of an action game, but even then the action is pretty barebones. Though I enjoy the aggressive playstyle, you can't customize your character as much as Dark Souls, which is a thing that I value the most in these type of games.
>>
>>389503148
Kys PC Cuck
>>
File: 1483304374842.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1483304374842.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>Recovering blood echoes gives you up to 20 blood vials if you spawned with less
>Remove item requirements for chalice rituals, chalice dungeons stay unlocked across every character
>Add more interesting npcs to Oedon's Temple, the old man/old lady are very boring visually and have basically nothing going for them
>Hunter enemies don't have absurd amounts of health, nerf the Cainhurst Crow's pistol damage by fucking half at least
>Make the level design in Cathedral Ward clearer, huge areas that you have to go through in a (more or less) specific order are tucked away behind small doors and tiny corridors; this would be fine for optional areas but not mandatory ones
>Backstabs on non-boss, non-hunter enemies don't have to be fully charged
>Rename blood echo items and gemstones properly so they don't have that godawful number in parenthesis next to it
>More visually distinct outfits
>Add this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPjJCVylFBo
>>
It's perfect except for the atmosphere and combat.
A game can't be perfect if it requires you to progress through trial and error, memorizing each enemies many patterns. A good game teaches you to play and then challenges your skill. Bloodboring does the opposite.
>>
>>389504548
ya but nigga you can't really compare blood in ds3 and bb because bb is literally all about blood
>>
>>389503241
>beside english same as every Sony exclusive.
What.The.Fuck.
Seriously why i didn't played BB in my native language back then
>>
>>389522412
Pretty casual.
>>
>>389522412
I played BB for the first time this summer and I was immensely fucking disappointed to find out that video wasn't real.
>>
>>389502646
Circle button too strong.
>>
File: 1480799703665.png (980KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480799703665.png
980KB, 1280x720px
>people shit on Dark Souls 3 for being too linear but praise Bloodborne despite Bloodborne being just as linear as Dark Souls 3
>>
It need a boss rush mode, my ass got analed hard by Ludwig and it felt good. I shouldn't be starting a new game over and over just to fight him.

>Tfw I wanna face NG6 Ludwig but can't bother to finish NG4.
>>
>>389522635
Nah if you've got decent reflexes the dodge speed and iframes lets you react to enemy windup and swings without needing to memorize.
>>
File: qv8cu.jpg (10KB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
qv8cu.jpg
10KB, 320x235px
>tfw no ps4
>>
>>389511726
If you play aggressive against enemies in the other souls games with anything reliable and 2 handed, like say a regular greatsword, you pretty much get to steamroll everything since it'll be staggered instantly. Then it only matters how much damage and stamina you have, literally no reason to put a point into health.
>>
>>389514880
They probably let her heal, can't Dodge, and using a non practical weapon for style points.
>>
>>389523689
>DaS3fags still shit up threads
>>
File: 1504744902336.jpg (120KB, 781x684px) Image search: [Google]
1504744902336.jpg
120KB, 781x684px
>>389525380
>They probably let her heal
If you have been upgrading your weapons sufficiently it doesn't matter if she heals or not because you should be able to completely offset it with raw damage output, seriously anyone who struggles with Amelia should not be playing video games.
>>
File: 3 vs bb.png (167KB, 1000x1212px) Image search: [Google]
3 vs bb.png
167KB, 1000x1212px
>>389523689
Bloodborne is technically not as linear, but that's just because they have more dead ends and backtracking, the main gimmick being that at Amelia's and Rom's dead ends, the main area gets changed in an interesting way

Dark Souls 3 is almost literally a straight path, which I personally prefer because it feels more like a journey than constantly retreading the same path.
>>
I thought it was mediocre. Even for a Souls game it just felt like mundane trash.
>>
File: 145968445784.jpg (12KB, 323x284px) Image search: [Google]
145968445784.jpg
12KB, 323x284px
>>389503121
>>389503234
>Rom
>A pain in the ass
I hope you both just mean in the time it takes to defeat him, and not in difficulty
>>
File: 1504700755266.png (259KB, 463x533px) Image search: [Google]
1504700755266.png
259KB, 463x533px
>>389525861
>him
>>
Bloodeborne makes all of the other souls games not fun anymore
>>
perfectly shite
>>
Bloodborne's beast bosses suck fuckin ASSSSSSS
Especially with that camera
>>
>>389526118
>Bloodborne's beast bosses
That's like all of them though.
>>
>>389525861
>Tediously forced to bait out and kill hordes of spiders before you can attack Rom herself
>At every phase
>While Rom attacks with magic that is impossible to dodge if you aren't looking directly at her 90% of the time

There is no way this boss is not a pain in the ass.
Unless you've got an arcane build and buffed to all hell tonitrus. God arcane builds are unfairly fun.
>>
File: 1417275694337.png (55KB, 394x374px) Image search: [Google]
1417275694337.png
55KB, 394x374px
>>389506178
Whats wrong with those bosses exactly?
I enjoyed all of their fights, albeit some were easy
>>
File: 1476766898682.jpg (99KB, 567x483px) Image search: [Google]
1476766898682.jpg
99KB, 567x483px
>>389525861
>Have to clear out dozens of identical enemies while a guy in the back takes potshots at you
>If you don't play very slowly, keeping EVERY single spider AND Rom in frame, you risk getting stunlocked and instantly killed
>Easily the worst boss fight music in the game

The first encounter has a nice wide, visually interesting area at the very least but the chalice dungeon is cramped and boring; and yes, I get that the claustrophobic environment is the point, but it sucks.
>>
>>389526207
>Tediously forced to bait out and kill hordes of spiders
you're not though. you're just bad.
>>
>>389526320
I outlined my basic complaints here >>389507094, with a game as short as Bloodborne there's no real excuse for some of these bosses that are more spectacle than fight.
>>
>>389526341
>rushing and dying to the hordes of spiders repeatedly until I get lucky enough to survive while spamming blood vials until I kill the boss makes me skilled

Okay, kiddo.
>>
>>389526445
I find microlash to be easy but enjoyable at least.
Getting down when to hit him while he is running was a neat little game, and although his non running phases are basically gimped Hunter fights, its so easy that those bits are over quickly.

I can see your arguments for Darkbeast at least if you fight him past Rom.
But I have yet to see him able to be stun locked with weapons before then.
As well, I am not sure if him being cheesable is what I'd judge the entire boss on.

I've yet to see someone succeed in doing just that to cleric beast, but he is an easy fight that you can cheese with molotovs. I can only imagine its due to being the first boss.

I do agree with the rest of the boss criticisms, however I actually think Mergo is supposed to attack randomly when its dark.
As well, if Mergo would guaranteed activate the darkness, it would be far more challenging with the clone being part of things

Although I am curious about the supposed lack of variety, every boss felt different to me
>>
>>389528406
Well it's been addressed in this thread a bit but the vast majority of Bloodborne's bosses are big monstrosities that flail around and are usually beaten by staying close to them and acting aggressively so you can stagger them.
>Cleric Beast
>Blood Starved Beast
>Vicar Amelia
>Amygdala
>Darkbeast Paarl
>One Reborn
>Ebrietas
>Moon Presence
They're all pretty easy with a few exceptions like I really like the Blood Starved Beast and Ebrietas fights and Vicar Amelia is alright.

Then you've got the humanoid bosses
>Gascoigne
>Logarius
>Gehrman
>Shadow of Yharnam
>Micolash
With the exception of Micolash these are all great fights, not much else to say.

Granted Dark Souls 3 had a similar problem but it managed to bring in more unique gimmicks to each fight like the Twin Princes having the teleport, Pontiff having the phantom that he would mimic and so on. I prefer Bloodborne to Dark Souls 3 but I prefer the base game's bosses of Dark Souls 3 to Bloodborne's by a good amount.
>>
File: 1349875897346.png (310KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1349875897346.png
310KB, 500x509px
>>389525603
>If you buff your damage a whole bunch the bosses are 2ez

Wow really?
>>
>>389502646
I dunno, I played it for an hour and couldn't really get into it. I can certainly appreciate that it's a well-made game, but something just doesn't draw me in. I think I prefer the Souls games combat being a bit slower-paced
>>
File: 1453071341267.png (1B, 486x500px)
1453071341267.png
1B, 486x500px
Very good game, goys.

The only problem is the covenants. If you could call it that since it's worthless. And that awful PvP which is offset by the good coop in chalice spelunking. Plus those servers, goddamn I didn't subscribe to Plus so I can have shitty ones or deal with From's shitty netcode.
>>
>>389508068
TARGET DESTROYED
>>
>>389529018
I guess the big bosses just psyched me out too much, as I found myself dodging around a lot with them and them not stagger much at all in the fights
As well, usually when they did, I could not get all too much damage off before being tossed back into the fight.
>>
File: IMG_0236.jpg (200KB, 822x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0236.jpg
200KB, 822x617px
>>389502646
>AWAY! >AWAY!
>>
>>389502646
>30fps
>>
File: 1496088505407.jpg (59KB, 618x619px) Image search: [Google]
1496088505407.jpg
59KB, 618x619px
>>389530572
>This is a bad curse!
>>
File: Lecture Hall.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lecture Hall.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>389530598
*kills your frame rate*
>>
File: IMG_0224.jpg (52KB, 564x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.jpg
52KB, 564x526px
>>389530629
>this town is.. ugh... finished
>>
>>389502646
Nah its too difficult
>>
how do we know Rom is a grill?
>>
>>389530798
me frame rate always gets all fucked up when i get close to the snatchers going into rage mode
>>
>>389533806
>>
>>389534029
boo, i thought it was in-game
>>
File: 1483738229791.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483738229791.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>389503001
They had help from Studio Japan (Sony) to make the game look better and run better. It's also why the OST is of much higher quality than the Souls games. Sony for such a big company are surprisingly good at letting game developers make the game their way and only giving an adequate amount of assistance / input on it. The same can absolutely not be said for Namco Bandai which is why Dark Souls 2 and 3 are such huge pieces of shit.
>>
File: 1480527143460.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480527143460.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>389502957
/thread
>>
how much stamina for bloodletter?
>>
>>389502646
if it is your first foray into these kinds of games and you have never played Dark / Demon's Souls then yes it feels pretty close to perfect
>>
>>389503157
>>389505084
aside from arcana haze, i never needed to grind the materials either
of course I entered every available room anyway

>>389515157
this I can agree with
>>
>>389515128
Cleric
Gascoigne's 2nd half
Amelia

VS

Gascoigne's first half
Watchers
Rom
TOR
Micolash
Mergo
Gehrman

you what mate?

also if you were counting optional bosses as well for the base
it only adds Paarl, BSB, Witches, Celestial (barely counts I admit) and Ebrietas

the all BB bosses are beasts meme needs to end
>>
>>389515447
Roms okay, Gehrman is awesome
I will grant you the rest (but Mergo's Wet Nurse has a cool design at least)
>>
>>389529018
I dont count Amygdala, TOR or Ebrietas as a beast-type boss
if you generalize like that, of course you can make a game look worse

also staying close to Amygdala is a bad idea regardless
>>
>>389521285
nice ps4 pro poorfag
>>
>>389502646
Chromatic Aberration. It's a small thing but it will always keep a game from being perfect. I don't trust a designer who thinks CA is a reasonable choice for a game's look unless the game is specifically "viewed" through a camcorder or something, and even then I don't like it.
>>
File: 1504134532860.jpg (1MB, 1841x3362px) Image search: [Google]
1504134532860.jpg
1MB, 1841x3362px
>>389537985
Regardless of what you classify it as you still beat The One Reborn in the same way you do the others and it's just a garbage fight in general.
>>
>>389502646
It's not perfect but it's definitely better than DaS2 and 3.
>>
I wish I didn't have to pay to play online
>>
>>389540394
>it's definitely better than DaS2 and 3.
What game isn't?
>>
>>389540514
You can blame Xbox for that, when Sony saw that people just accepted being screwed like that they had to join in.
>>
>>389540652
DaS2 en 3 are shitty souls games but they're still better than most of the other shit that's brought out these days.
>>
File: das2isagoodgame.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
das2isagoodgame.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>389540806
>>
>>389502646

Framerate.
>>
>trying to time my dodge
>game stutters and I lose my rhythm
Bloodborne needs the PS5.
>>
>>389504471
There is a difference between level design and world design. Das had like just one level( painted world of ariamis) that is on the same lvl as central yharnam, cainhurst, research Hall and fishing Hamlet.
>>
>>389541817
You teleported to Anor Londo as well
>>
File: .gif (2MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
2MB, 499x499px
>>389541817
Undead Burg is better Painted World.
>>
>>389504684
I don't like them because they're pretty much mandatory for high level PVP. If you don't have endgame chalice gems at BL100 or so you'll get shit on by everyone else.
>>
>>389541674
Bloodborne does stutter but the dodge window is too generous to blame fucking it up on stuttering. If that happens you dodged too late, plain and simple.
>>389542057
You can get by just fine with some quick Winter Lantern farming in the Fishing Hamlet to get 25% physical gems.
>>
File: 1468377878747.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468377878747.gif
36KB, 720x720px
What exactly is the plot/story of Bloodborne?
>>
>>389502646
No. no no no
If it was perfect I'd play the shit out of it. But it aint worth replaying at all due to shit weapon choice. Nioh is better and in that way - yoy can grind for 300 hrs and be fine with it.
>>
File: 1504698351553.png (2MB, 8521x8504px) Image search: [Google]
1504698351553.png
2MB, 8521x8504px
>>389542509
Moon Presence wants the Hunter to silence Mergo.
>>
File: 1502416930064.jpg (216KB, 750x814px) Image search: [Google]
1502416930064.jpg
216KB, 750x814px
>>389522635
>>
>>389502646
> 20 fps
> bad weapons
> shit bosses
> guys its purrrrrrrfect
Get the fuck out of here. DS3 FFE is 10 times better.
>>
>>389542592
how is this boss hard for people, lmao just shoot before he attacks lmao and also use the music box you get from the boy
>>
>>389542515
Lol, Nioh, the worst Dark Souls clone flop. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
File: 1504207484575.jpg (178KB, 850x755px) Image search: [Google]
1504207484575.jpg
178KB, 850x755px
>>389542979
>music box you get from the boy
>boy
>>
>>389543014
It has better fighting and loot system, so your opinion discarded, faggot
>>
>>389542641
DaS3 is the second worst soulsborne game (DaS2 being the worst)
DaS>DeS=BB>>DaS3>>DaS2
>>
>>389529018
Only amelia, cleric beast, paarl and moon presence can be considered generic beast bosses. BSB is different because you cannot hug him( third phase poison cloud) and spam r1 throughout the fight, amygdala's weakness is its arms and head so, you have to bait for attacks etc.

I feel you applied a pretty hefty generalization and same can be said of das bosses. 3 reskins of asylum demon, Taurus demon, iron golem, centipede demon, ceaseless discharge, gaping dragon are all pretty much the same fight. You have to dodge boss' combo and hit them with the weapon you have plus these bosses have mostly limb or weapon swinging attacks and little to no interesting mechanics ( except ceaseless discharge). Contrary to that, even the generic beast bosses in bb have multiple phases and some added quirk to them. The only category that das bosses really beat bb bosses is the presentation variety.
>>
>>389543307
We do not approve filthy nostalgia cucks opinions
>>
>>389543045
sounds like a boy to me but i usually play this game when i am about to pass out from no sleep so my mistake
>>
>>389514605
I'm on that same nigger boss but in the pthumerian ihyll dungeon

One shots me every fucking time and I'm level 165. Only trophy I need to get platinum. Fucking reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>389503148
could have just left it at 15fps 2bh. but since you kept going, you forgot how theres no viable magic or ranged combat, parrying being resource based, boring characters, no shields, no free form dual wielding, paid online only. etc etc

>>389502646
BB was a bundle of interesting concepts, lashed together by a lack of cohesive vision and constrained by shit hardware
>>
>>389538257
Except not...TOR has multiple limbs, aoe and acid spit to counteract r1 spam unlike amelia or paarl. I am not really defending him but I suggest you watch prepare to try one reborn cuz it changed my opinion of him.
>>
>>389543419
DaS3 is the most linear game they made with the least replay value and trivial difficulty due to infinite rolling. You have shit taste.
>>
>>389542641
>>389543307
>>389543419
>>389543921

SoTFS>DaS(PTD on PC at 60FPS)>DeS>DaS(original on consoles)>BB>>DaS3(any version or hardware)

This is the objective truth.
>>
File: 1503543285898.jpg (32KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1503543285898.jpg
32KB, 338x305px
>>389544310
>SoTFS
>anything more than mediocre
>>
>>389502646
It would if it had literally more areas.
>>
>>389543921
Don't respond to him he's a sour grapes pc fag
>>
>>389544405

>most content
>consistent high quality - no izaliths here
>lots of interesting locations with very little cheap call backs to previous games
>most gear, magic, etc and most viable build variety
>best PvP and covenants, some covenants even enhance single player
>most sensible story

i respect your opinion bro and i only said "objective" for the purposes of shitposting, but for me SoTFS is my favourite souls game by miles
>>
>>389544901
The PVP is literally the only thing that's good about it. Most of the areas are extremely linear and only the DLC areas are high quality.
>>
>>389544901
>most sensible story
That would be DeS
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.