[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (333KB, 1920x1037px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
333KB, 1920x1037px
Why did it die? All that juicy backstory about Archon, the Old Kingdom and the Court of Blades never used. The shift from mystical heroes guild to stupid fucking Steampunk. Why why why?
>>
>Why did it die?

Microsoft
>>
File: 1502351943726.jpg (102KB, 487x496px) Image search: [Google]
1502351943726.jpg
102KB, 487x496px
II was better
>>
Because it was a lie from the beginning and Molyneux can't design games.
>>
I honestly don't know what direction they were heading in. Their last project looked so retard, I have no idea what was going on. I dropped it immediately.

I just wanted Fable II and III fixed properly on PC.

I bought III on sale retail and I couldn't get the key to work and I had to contact Lionhead directly to complain and they gave me a Steam key.
>>
>>389499512
I wasn't really there for Molyneux's lies so when I played the first two, they seemed like pretty good games. Why did thry just say fuck everything with fable 3 killing the aesthetics from the first two completely? They even ruined the fucking magic, the most broken yet fun part about fable.
>>
>>389499984
Same here. I guess people who were never around for the lies seems to enjoy the games a lot more than those who did.
>>
MS need to hire some dev to reboot the franchise. Going into the future and killing the heroes was a mistake.
>>
>>389500486
They won't or not yet because they're too busy fucking up Age of Empires with Relic.
>>
>>389500486
Microsoft is currently using Fable as a Hearthstone clone card game. What thry should hsve done is a reboot prequel with the very first hero, Archon creating the old Kingdom and challenging the Court of Blades. I wanna know what Queen and Knight of Blades looked like, I wanna see the place where Archeon got the sword of aeons from, and I want more magical shit not electric robots and angry towel head roasties and gay pirates from that piece of shit fable 3.
>>
>>389499418
II was the original Mass Effect 3. It doesn't matter how many things it did right, it ruined everything at the end.
>>
>>389500849
How?
>>
>>389500912
>VA characters
>shitty plot after the revolution and shitter ending
>casualised an already casual combat system, mainly the magic aspect
Mainly those off the top of my head, it's been years since I last played.
>>
>>389501108
>revolution
>shitter ending
Are you thinking of III?
>>
>>389501108
You just described 3. Also voiced protag isn't that bad in this kind of game series, it was a bit frustraiting playing as a mute.
>>
>>389501168
>>389501331
My bad, I thought the start of the sentence was "It" and not "II"

Why couldn't they just use regular numbers and not roman numerals?
>>
>>389501486
It's not really hard to read Roman numerals anon, you have to be special ed tier tard to not be able to properly read Roman numerals 1-10.
>>
>>389501754
I know it's not hard, I'm just tired
>>
2 on PC when???
2 was like the Original except everything was expanded upon.

Never ever I guess ;_:7
>>
It's being rebooted. Microsoft Studios hired a a team for a "Horizon Dawn/Zelda" style game earlier this year. Also Xbox fan constantly remind high end Xbox managers in tweets about Fable.

Expect it either E3 2018/2019.
>>
>>389502289
>exclusive to win10
gonna have to make that jump someday now
I'll be upgrading my PC next year anyway so i guess thats that
>>
>>389502449

Microsoft is not going to stop putting games on the Windows 10 store. Imagine if Valve just decided to stop a year into making Steam how fucking stupid that would have been.

Unlike Origin or Uplay, Microsoft is using a lot of dev teams to fill out the W10 store so it will eventually be a decent competitor. Hopefully they overhaul the shit UI tho.
>>
>>389499251
fpbp
>>
I'd give a limb for Fable 2 to be on pc ;-;
>>
>>389502083
If not next year for the anniversary then never ever.

>>389502289
I wouldn't believe that for a second but firstly Horizon, nothing in common, secondly that sounds like a retard Microsoft move.
>>
>>389502680
It use to be so simple not worrying about fucking DRM-like games. Then Steam came along and it was sort of okay, at least for me at the time because the sales were cheap as fuck. But now it's just a headache micromanaging all these fucking apps for my games.
>>
>>389502289
>It's being rebooted.
>tfw it gets rebooted into a shitty realism type of game just like Horizon Zero Dawn only with fantasy elements like magic, balverine's, etc
>completely abandoning the Fable artstyle because that isn't "hip" anymore with today's nu-gamers
>they will even somehow strip even more rpg elements from the games when they were already super casual enough

I want off this shitshow ride already. I am tired of these companies ruining great games and ideas with shit. Please don't do this Microsoft please.
>>
How would you fix fable?

What do you think didn't work in Fable 1?

What title has the best visual style?
>>
>>389506035
this will literally happen. the world fucking sucks.
>>
Remember me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0foFPXbS8

Remember how good the Fable 2 tutorial was compared to the Fable tutorial, I felt it set me up for disappointment, the world ended up being nowhere near as good, and not being able to explore every street in Bowerstone was pretty disappointing, Fable 3 did an even worse job though.
>>
>>389500427
It was the age of shenmue and shit, expectations were high.
>>
>>389506358
>How would you fix fable?
Better gameplay, more freedom(don't lock areas behind main quests)

What title has the best visual style?
>>
>>389506358
>How would you fix fable?
Stick with the gameplay that worked in Fable 1 for the most part. Add elements from 2 that were good or fun to have. Like having a dog, magic being able to be charged up into more powerful versions with button hold, being able to buy up towns and such stuff like that. I also would want to see more open world design and great quests/sidequests with an actually good villain and final boss fight. Needs to be much harder and allow the pc to die.

>What do you think didn't work in Fable 1?
Well a lot actually. Magic was definitely OP and just like Fable 2 the game was too easy. These needed to be balanced better. These are what I feel are the primary issues with the game.

>What title has the best visual style?
Fable 2 imo. I didn't play 3 but I saw enough to just prefer 2's visuals and world.
>>389506605
Sadly it will and that is why I had to say it. It would suck so much to see them reboot the game into that and being so helpless to do anything to stop them.
>>
>>389506358
More open areas

Boring setting

>>
>>389506768
Remember Fable before Skyrim came along and destroyed the series.
>>
>>389507905
You mean something that never happened.
>>
>>389504505

It's not a major annoyance, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the reasons PC gaming is no longer my main go-to platform. Fuck having 15 different platforms installed.
>>
>>389507905
Fable died long before Skyrim entered the picture.
>>
A Fable with souls-like combat in attempt to be a Bloodborne competition. Yay/Nay?
>>
>>389509237
Why contort an already well defined series into something else to cash in on a trend?
>>
>>389509237
Nay because Fable isn't suited for that kind of combat. The structure of how the world works in the games would have to change to support that kind of gameplay. Fable doesn't need to be super deep actually.
>>
>don't get to kill that fuck head Reaver 3
One of the many reasons I hate that game
>>
File: Collectable_Painting_Elise.png (202KB, 361x512px) Image search: [Google]
Collectable_Painting_Elise.png
202KB, 361x512px
>You will never have a hot British waifu

or an undead waifu
>>
File: 1442767484370.png (140KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1442767484370.png
140KB, 368x368px
>fable 2 will never be released for pc
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.