[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a under 500 gaming laptop. Any suggestions before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1504558013312.jpg (26KB, 459x341px) Image search: [Google]
1504558013312.jpg
26KB, 459x341px
Looking for a under 500 gaming laptop. Any suggestions before I buy shit? Gonna just be Skyrim, fallout, regular shit. Anything?
>>
>gaming laptop
don't do this.
>>
>>389494672
Why? I want portability
>>
>>389494545
>gaming laptop
>>
>gaymen lapturd
>>
What do you stupid niggers not understand. I'm looking for a laptop strong enough to play normie games.
>>
>>389494545
>500
What are you going to play, farmville?
>>
>>389494545
>under $500 gaming
>laptop
>GAMING laptop
>under $500 gaming laptop
you physically cannot find something under $500, prebuilt, that will be worth gaming on
buy a shitty $100 notesbook to do anything work related and spend the rest on actual parts to build a desktop and build it yourself, you get at least $200 from that step alone
here's a decent budget build for $400-500
RX 560 GPU, 1050Ti if you're willing to pay like $60 more
Pentium G4560 (best budget CPU on the market, get the 4600 want marginal gains for marginal increases
B250M VDH mobo
8gb of ddr4 ram
one 2tb hard drive and a 120gb SSD if you want a few games and your OS to launch really fast
and any 500W power supply
>>389495750
you 100% will not be able to find one, don't be retarded, nobody plays video games outside anyways, you want the portability of a laptop for work related things and an actual gaming rig to play games on, not a half-assed shitty attempt at both marked up 50% for the prebuilt + laptop tags
>>
>>389494545
>Gaming laptop
>Strong enough for Normie games
>Under $500
Choose one
>>
File: CVps9S7WcAAAke0.jpg (39KB, 480x368px)
CVps9S7WcAAAke0.jpg
39KB, 480x368px
>gaming laptop
you poor, poor bastard
>>
OP got rekt
>>
>>389494962
It's impossible to make a good gaming laptop. You just can't deal with the hear. There's nowhere to put a big enough heatsink.

You'll get bad performance for a huge price. 500 dollars won't run TF2.
>>
>These faggots in this thread

You're gonna have to go used.
I recommend Y500/Y510p. They've got enough power to play your normie shit (at 60FPS/Lower settings).

Here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y510p-15-6in-1TB-8GB-Intel-Core-i7-4th-Gen-2-4GHz-/222615707473?epid=182621999&hash=item33d4ee1f51:g:0QYAAOSw5U9ZkO2u

If you can find an SLI version, that would be marginally improve your performance.
>>
Lol this OP. How underage are you? People tell you its not possible for your price range and you freak out.
>>
>>389494545
I know you will be desensitized to /v/ being anal about things but trust me OP if you get a gaming laptop, let alone a budget gaming laptop, you will come to regret it and feel like you threw your money away

Get a work notebook on the cheap and then spend a little more effort to look into desktop computer parts. I made the mistake when I was a teenager, don't fall for the same trap I fell for
>>
>>389494962
>Why? I want portability
for what? so you can be that guy in class playing some shit and have your laptop fans spinning at 7500rpm?? do you want to look cool at school and show your friends you can play skyrim at 900p on medium at 40 fps but can't hear anything because your overpriced laptop is so fucking loud government agents track you down because they think you stole the next generation fighter jet engine? you're going to be constantly tethered to a wall outlet because battery life is shit and remember you're gonna need somewhere to use a mouse. don't fall for the comfy gaming in bed shit either unless you want to set your sheets and blanket on fire. gaming laptops sound neat but they are one of the most impractical things you can buy. heed the warning of people who have already made the mistake so you don't make it.
>>
>>389494545
You're going to have to spend more to get a laptop that can play games.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-15-i5-6200U-Bluetooth/dp/B01MTX446J/ref=sr_1_51?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1504740165&sr=1-51&keywords=gaming+laptop&refinements=p_36%3A100-70000
>>
>>389496940
Whoops

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LD4MGY4/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B01MTX446J
>>
>>389494962
just dont. its an overpriced meme
>>
listen to all the anons in this thread. Build a PC instead. I'm assuming you're in college or some shit, still I'd recommend a PC unless you REALLY, REALLY need that portability. Try to think, do you really need to play videogames in the lecture hall/library? I bought mine because I'd have a hard time lugging a whole fucking rig back home for the holidays, otherwise I'd have bought parts for a PC.

If you really need one, this anon's got it >>389496137 Also MSI makes some cheap lowtier gaming laptops that will run most modern normieshit, given how optimised they are. I have one and it's pretty good. Still, you're better off with a PC.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.