[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Don't Developers Unionize?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: why.gif (2MB, 292x243px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
2MB, 292x243px
How come you dorks don't support unions or worker's co-ops for video game developers? It's commonly accepted that the reason why video games are bad is because executives prioritize dumbing them down and parceling out their content in piecemeal so they can sell as much as possible. Yet I've never seen anybody on 4chan go "Hey let's make the developers stronger by encouraging them to unionize" or "Let's just get rid of the fucking executives and producers altogehter", it's "Let's whine at the executives who are by default incentivized to do this moneygrubbing shit until they *maybe* relent." I swear, you motherfuckers are so whipped by these fucking corporate dudes that you just don't imagine a world where they aren't a factor at all.
>>
>>389493165
Because those dorks developing games are too scared to forum unions.

Who cares about shitty voice actors?
>>
Is that va strike still going on?
>>
>>389493310
>Who cares about shitty voice actors?
Eh, everybody should unionize IMO but I agree, voice actors are kind of worthless right now.

Really the clock is fucking ticking for software devs to unionize. All that shit you hear from Democrats and Republicans and Silicon Valley guys about how they want everyone to learn how to code isn't because they want people to learn good skills. It's because they want more fucking workers so they can lower wages. Give it 20-30 years and being a coder will be about as impressive as being a fry cook.
>>
>>389493165
Name one occupation that is unionized that has been beneficial to the general public.
>>
>>389493165
>It's commonly accepted that the reason why video games are bad is because executives prioritize dumbing them down and parceling out their content in piecemeal so they can sell as much as possible.
I fail to see how unions would do anything about that.
>>
>unions
>not worse than employers

unless you dun goofd and need serious legal aid why the fuck would you waste money on a union that gets you black listed by constantly striking?
>>
>>389493165
because people who work hard like programmers hardly have time to join the butt end of communist mafias
>>
>>389493620
lol what the fuck are you on about, it's beneficial to the fucking people who have those jobs because their boss isn't fucking them in the ass.
>>
>>389493165
Developers would be replaced instantly. Everyone in the games industry is instantly replaceable. Look at voice actors, they thought they were so important as to demand royalties for every game sold and they're still striking how many years later?
>>
>>389493620
International Association of Fire Fighters
>>
>>389494061
So really we've got to support political conditions for unions to form in the first place, unless we want games to get even dumber and more fucking worthless.

>>389494147
Don't forget engineers, construction workers, postal workers, and more.
>>
>>389494210
>Get dumber and even more worthless
Let me address this because I didn't in your OP. Developers unionizing has nothing to do with how dumbed down or casual a game is. Those games will continue down that path as long as the industry is as big popular as it is. There is no going back now.
>>
>>389493165
They just fire us...
Most of us are in WA
>>
File: 1474077828249.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1474077828249.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
>>389493165
Large studios are dying anyways. Do you expect every indie team/small development team to unionize as if that means anything. Besides there's way too many jobless college kids who would kill for all their positions so they could just be laid off if they attempted it.
>>
unions don't make things better for creative fields
they make them worse
see television
>>
Cuz the studios and companies would fight them tooth and nail to not have it happen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.