[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate arkham games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7

File: batman-arkham-knight.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batman-arkham-knight.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
Why does /v/ hate arkham games?
>>
I don't think "we" really do. A chunk of /v/ probably just dismisses it for being easy/automatic, and some of us just like it.
>>
>>389492131
Don't really like Batman anything
>>
>>389492451
Is it really easy/automatic though? On harder difficulties the game can really beat your ass in combat/predator if you're not careful. And some of riddler's puzzles are pretty difficult without a guide.
>>
i love them, combat system is deep enough and they have great atmosphere, i didnt care for superhero anything before
>>
>>389492131
I liked em'. Knight was bogged down by too much bat-mobile and an obvious twist. Didn't play Origins.
>>
>>389492131
PCfags probably hate it after their fucked up port of Knight. Also Knight was ok. City still the best.
>>
>>389492131
I like city and origins
>>
>>389492760
>Turn it euro extreme and do the boring side quests bro!
Stop being a drone
>>
they were all great, except the porable one. I'm looking forward to what Rockstead makes next.
>>
>>389492947
>combat system is deep enough
This, I don't get why everyone says it's baby easy mash-square-tier. When you are in a room filled with brutes, enemies with shock batons, shields, electric enemies, etc you have to use your entire moveset just to stay alive, not to mention to keep the combo and get a better rating. It is not that easy at all.
>>
>>389493410
>Just play on easy and then complain about the game being too easy bro!
How about you fuck off?
Also
>not completing games 100%
Casual faggot
>>
Guys come on, Batman being able to take on literally hundreds of guys is too easy.
>>
>>389493297
pc version of bamham tank sim was fixed ages ago senapi. it currently hold positive rating on steam. nice outdated shitpost though.
>>
>>389494074
Batman can take on literally hundreds of guys though. Considering they are unarmed and unskilled in a fight like your average thug.
>>
Knight was wasted potential
>>
>>389494306
Nope, it's stupid. Batman fighting 20+ guys at a time makes it feel like her has actual superpowers. Batman is a human that can fight, not Spiderman.
>>
>>389493410
>not doing the side quests in arkham games

You are dumb as fuck. The side quests are amazing.
>>
File: 1504575685198.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1504575685198.webm
3MB, 960x540px
/v/ is full of faggots, that's why. The Arkham series it's great.
>>
Would have been better to just make the game all predator mode, since, like some others have said, it looks like Batman has super powers when he's taking on literally hundreds of dudes in one night. They should've made combat extra lethal, with Bats maybe able to take out 5-6 guys if the player is EXTREMELY good at the hand to hand. The free flow should just go straight into a Spider-Man game.
>>
>>389492131
>Comicbooks
Don't you have to shill a shitty movie that is just a thinly recolored rehash of the previous films with different terminology and characters?
>>
File: 1504410305481.webm (3MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1504410305481.webm
3MB, 1920x1072px
>>389495687

Huh, i tough that webm was Catwoman stripteasing. Oh well, round two.

>>389495847

>stop liking what i don't like

Shove your fedora up your ass.

>>389494426

Agree, but the combat system itself is great. They need to amp up the aggressivness of the crowd (along with some other minor changes) to let it reach it's true potential.

>>389494423

Strongly agree. It was good, but man, it could have been much better. It was my personal TPP.
>>
>>389496425
I'l stop hating what you like when the thing you like stops being shit.
>>
>>389492131
Because they've gotten worse after the very first game.
>>
>>389492131
Fun for a playthrough once.
I guess each one at the time had visual spectacle and tried to impress as much as possible.

But I always get the feeling when I think I want to play one again, what a huge waste of time it would be.
>>
>>389496585

And that will happen when you stop being a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>389496820
Hey I'm not the guy who keeps liking a thing that is somehow able to make Hollywood even MORE cancerous.
>>
cookie cutter garbage
>>
how is Origins?
>>
>>389497645
It was ok. I mean, it's clear some parts of it felt lazy, specially when flying around the city and not being able to grapple hook everywhere like in City. Otherwise it was ok.
>>
I like them but I got bored of them about a third of the way into origins. I'll probably play it again and get knight on sale eventually.
>>
>>389493714
>I don't get why everyone says it's baby easy mash-square-tier.
It's a glorified QTE that's very flowcharty and has many redundant elements. It's also shallow and piss easy compared to most high end hack and slash games.
>>
I got bores of spam counter games after Assassins Creed 1.
>>
>>389499485
buzzwords - the post
care to elaborate?
>>
/r/ing the spam square webm.
>>
>>389499825
Asylum boiled down to Instant Takedown->two Critical Strikes->repeat. If you wanted to be fancy you could use the ultra batclaw to setup ground takedowns, but you barely got to play with it.

City was eliminate the guys with gimmicky defenses via Instant Takedowns/Beatdowns, freeze/batswarms the titan stand-ins (forget what they're called) to save them for last or beatdown immediately, clean up the trash with Multi Ground Takedowns setup by Critical Strikes and batarangs. Use Search and Destroy to get rid of shields and guns if you wanted, but whatever.

Knight made a few refinements but for the most part was the same as City.

Most of the gadgets are variations of 'stun things in an AoE' which is generally redundant, consumes your special combo and inferior to insta-killing. The combat has super lax timing, spacing is unimportant since Batsy bounces around like a pinball, and your offenses and defenses are super limited and lack advanced tech like you'd see in fightan gaems or Ninja Gaiden/DMC. It completely falls apart 1v1, which is why the bosses suck. It also doesn't seem to be able to make big improvements or shake things up significantly since City.

It's serviceable as a casual Batman game and made up for with some neat stealth mechanics and transversal options, but compared to good hack and slash games like Ninja Gaiden, DMC, God Hand, Platinum's better stuff, etc it's a complete joke.
>>
the combat is pretty braindead.

last couple were shit
popularized the shit combat
it's mainstream
>>
>>389501080

>good hack and slash games like Ninja Gaiden

Izuna drop: the game. How could you say it has good combat and then proceed to shit in Arkham when you can cheese it with one move as well? You can improvise and be stylish, but so you can in Bamham.
>>
I wish BamHam had actually good combat. I WANT to feel like a cool martial artist, not a rubberbandman
>>
>>389492131
Are the Arkham Games quality adaptations of Batman?
>>
>>389501776
>Izuna drop: the game.
You stupid fucking retard you didn't even get the memey spam2win move right. You also ignore there's like seven Izuna Drop variants and even more ways to get into them.

>How could you say it has good combat
Because it's hard, has good enemies and gives you shitloads of good useful options.

>then proceed to shit in Arkham when you can cheese it with one move as well
How does Izuna Drop work out against berserkers again.

>You can improvise and be stylish
Fuck style. If it isn't tactically useful it's nothing more than fluff at best and a garbage excuse to defend poor moveset balance at worst. You can't even 'style' in Bamham as well because you don't have nearly as many options or cancels.
>>
File: 1467081156216.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467081156216.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>389497645
>TFW the game glitches and you don't unlock the final Riddler trophy
>>
>>389502398

>You also ignore there's like seven Izuna Drop variants and even more ways to get into them.

Izuna drop seems to be the memey spam2win move right. The enemies that you couldn't use it against were rare, mainly just the bosses. It was the move i found more useful and the one most people use if you look videos on Youtube.

>good useful options

Alternate weapons weren't really different from the katana. Other combos outside of izuna drop weren't as useful. Overrated combat as it can get. It was fun, but not my favorite.

>Fuck style.

I agree. And Bamham combat system is more efficent and looks better in action, because it's the combat system that more accurately looks like a real fight between a man vs a crowd. That's the appeal.
>>
>>389504796
>Izuna drop seems
>seems
Have you even touched Master Ninja.

>The enemies that you couldn't use it against were rare
You mean everything that isn't humanoid, which is a good deal of the game's bestiary.

>It was the move i found more useful and the one most people use if you look videos on Youtube.
In other words you're a retarded casual that refused to experiment and wasn't aware of even basic tech.

>Alternate weapons weren't really different from the katana.
Please stop being so retarded. Heavy weapons, the nunchucks/Flails, and Lunar behave nothing like the DS, and the Kitetsu and DCTF are also quite different. This is without getting into 2 which is an entirely different beast.

>Other combos outside of izuna drop weren't as useful.
Is this a joke?

>Overrated combat as it can get.
I don't think the game is the problem here.

>And Bamham combat system is more efficent
The fuck are you on about. Damage kills aren't worthwhile above Normal, it's brain dead and looks like shit courtesy of Unreal.

>it's the combat system that more accurately looks like a real fight between a man vs a crowd.
1) I don't know if I mentioned it before, but you're fucking retarded.
2) Realism is not at all desirable in video games.
3) That looks nothing like a 'real fight', the loner would be almost immediately overwhelmed and beaten to death without taking weapons into account.
>>
Yawn spam X and occasional Y to win
>>
>>389492131
I still play City just to run around choking people with Catwoman's thighs
>>
>>389492131
Arkhangelsk city and Asylum were great. For some reason i never even heard of he other 2 games.
>>
>>389494613
To be honest, looking for the Riddler's shit and the militia stuff is tedious. Man-Bat, Mr Pyg, and Firefly were pretty cool, and the Penguin and Two Face quests were quiet fun.
>>
File: sad_2.jpg (21KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
sad_2.jpg
21KB, 251x231px
>>389493297
>mfw the last chapter of the arkham games will forever be remembered not by it's story, but by the temper tantrum pc gamers had
Feels bad man
>>
/v/hates everything except weeaboo dating simulator
>>
>>389506907
Are you pretending the story wasn't horseshit?
>>
>>389492131
Knight's campaign was shit and the style sucked ass, but it had the best Batman gameplay. Asylum had great style and the best level/boss designs, but the flaws are easy to see due to its age. City is the fine middle ground -- great gameplay, aesthetic, good level design, memorable campaign -- probably the closest we will ever get to the perfect Batman game, at least in the near future.
>>
>>389506965

weeaboo dating simulator is shit
>>
>>389507175
I knida like the story of Knight so far. The Joker possesing Bats part feel kinda forced, but the rest, Batman really struggling to keep his and Gotham's shit together's cool.
>>
>>389507175
the only bad part of Arkham Knight is the namesake. Guy is a total wuss and not impressive, and the "twist" is telegraphed to hell and back. You'd have to be a retard to not get it, even if you have never read any of the comics.

His bossfight in the sewer tunnels was very good though.
>>
Imagine how cool the Arkham Knight could have been if he wasn't a little bitch. Just a Bane/Death strokes style military commander who does a good job and doesn't act like a retard would have been pretty cool.
>>
>>389492131
they're popular
>>
>It's a "Joker hijacks the plot" episode
>Replayed for the third time in a row
Yawn.
>>
>>389493297
This.
I remember when PCfags were singing nothing but praise for Asylum and City. Then the one time it doesn't go their way they try to shit on the entire series forever.
>>
>>389492131
My favorite trilogy in vidya and objectively some of the most well-made games out there. I don't care what anyone else says if they can't appreciate Rocksteady's Arkham games they have shit taste.
>>
>>389492131
>create the best batman game, arkham city
>they continue to milk batman,
>they could have created games with different street level characters, like green arrow and the question
>they could merge them all together in the end to create the ultimate dc game.
why do companies suck at ideas?
>>
>>389492131
I don't really hate the Arkham games, I just never enjoyed them that much. I've played Asylum, City, and Knight.

Gliding around places in City and Knight is pretty cool, but I never found myself enjoying combat all that much, but I've never really been a fan of the Assassin's Creed-ish style of combat, and the stories are alright, but Joker ends up stealing the show every time. Even when he was dead they just didn't want to let go of him. I get it, he's Batman's most popular villain, but that doesn't mean you need to have such a heavy focus on him in every game. It's just ridiculous after a certain point.

Also side content is kind of tedious in the games, with each one usually involving you doing one thing multiple times with some slight changes, and the Riddler stuff never really interested me. It's cool seeing some of the minor villains get some stuff for them, but I just wish they had more going for them.

Also I didn't like the batmobile in Knight.
>>
>>389512191
Arkham City is fucking stupid. The plot is garbage and they crammed in too many villains.

Knight has issues, but the world is better.
>>
Would /v/ trust Rocksteady with a superman game?
>>
>>389512316
No. Superman seems like videogame poison regardless of what company is making it.
>>
>>389492131
press x to win
parkour bullshit ala ass creed
>>
>>389512265
Knight stole it's world and world gimmick from Arkham Origins (dude what if the streets were cleared by an army of criminals LMAO), stole it's villains from Arkham Asylum, Scarecrows master plan got real old fast because it was literally the same plan repeated 3x, and the only real original idea it had was Todd and he was handled terribly
>>
>>389512265
How is the plot garbage?
>>
they became way too obsessed with the batmobile in Knight, I get that it's brand new to the series but to have so much shit dedicated to vehicle combat is ridiculous
>>
Combat sucks. They'll never change it though.
Having to reacquire most of your arsenal was stupid as hell.
At least with Knight you got almost all of it from the start and got useful upgrades during the story.
I like the series enough to buy it when it's the cheapest of cheap on steam sales, but buying it full price at launch is just stupid.
>>
>>389492131
I legitimately enjoyed the first game.

City was...weird but the combat was fun and Knight shit the bed. Asylum will always be amazing though
>>
>>389506965
Who would want to date a weeaboo?
>>
>>389499485
>It's a glorified QTE
this so much
>>
>>389492131
>try a no upgrade run on hard

pretty fun, intense
>>
>>389512469
>>389512473
Because City's stupid story cycled through every damn villain in the series for the sake of fan service. Ra's was totally unnecessary. Hugo Strange was barely used. Freeze was wasted. Two-Face was DLC. Bane/Grundy/Poison Ivy/Mad Hatter? All in for like 5 seconds.

They should have focused on Hugo Strange vs Batman, then either done the Joker dies ending or just left that for the next game. Instead, City tries to cram in far too much and just ends up feeling stupid. Which is why Knight struggled to have a functional story.
>>
>RS: Hey guys! Arkham Knight is totally are OC. Donut Steel!
>Game comes out
>RS: Hah ha! It's just Jason Todd!. We got you gooooood!

I feel like they shouldn't have done that.
>>
>>389513124
I agree. They should've just made more games if they wanted to feature more villains. Shoving them all in one is just fanservice.

>Freeze was wasted.
He was wasted plot-wise, but his fight was great.
>>
>>389492131
Because they're popular.

/v/ absolutely loved Arkham Asylum and City when they came out. They didn't start shitting on them until Origins came along.
>>
>>389513124
Sure you could call it fanservice but it made sense in context of the setting. Arkham City was specifically built to house those supercriminals and the fact that each villain had their own objective (except Grundy/Ivy/Hatter) that night made it fun to interact with them.

Ra's, Strange and Freeze were relevant to the plot and they incorporated them pretty well. The buildup to the reveal of Ra's and Strange working together, Batman needing Ra's blood with Freeze's help was fine from a narrative perspective.
>>
Knight was good (unless you're a PC player who got shafted at first), and the batmobile was cool. But what really hurts it a bunch is how much of the batmobile they shoehorned in. Like they went WAY overboard with it. Like really, The Riddler building fucking race tracks? Come on...
>>
>>389513742
The core premise of AC was shit. Strange wanted to show the country his prison camp idea was brilliant by...losing control and having to kill everyone with helicopters? Plus he was counting down to Protocol 10 for hours, despite it being a fail safe in case of emergency?

Also, bet you can't tell me why Penguin had Freeze imprisoned.
>>
>>389514147
>Also, bet you can't tell me why Penguin had Freeze imprisoned.
To fuck with Joker, who was "employing" him
>>
>>389514147
>Strange wanted to show the country his prison camp idea was brilliant by...losing control and having to kill everyone with helicopters?
That was his plan from the start. He wanted to rule over everyone alongside Ra's.

>Plus he was counting down to Protocol 10 for hours, despite it being a fail safe in case of emergency?
No one knew what it was and it was only broadcasted within Arkham City.

>Also, bet you can't tell me why Penguin had Freeze imprisoned.
Strange handed Freeze to Penguin to get rid of him and a potential cure he could make to heal Joker.

All of this is on the wiki.
>>
>>389513124
>Ra's was totally unnecessary.
Did you even play the game? Without him Arkham City wouldn't exist. He listened to Strange's proposal and funded it.
>>
>>389515223
How would the public see Protocol 10 as a success though? In order to setup more prison camps around the country, he'd have to make it seem like a decent idea to politicians. The first try going totally wrong (to outside observers) wouldn't get the whole concept much support.

And why broadcast a countdown at all?
>>
>>389492131
Daily reminder that Damian did nothing wrong and he's the best Robin
>>
The only one I played was City. I had a ton of fun with it. I beat the game on New Game+ and everything
Never saved the last Riddler hostage.
Still haunts me to this day
>>
Oh, and the idea they could imprison an internationally famous billionaire in Arkham City with no trial is hilariously shit. They could have at least framed him for a real crime.
>>
Batman Beyond when?
>>
>>389492131
I don't hate them but the combat is so simple and automatized that the games become boring to play really fast
>>
>>389516461
It would prevent the mass breakout from criminals in the prison camps and stop them permanently (kill them). It was noted in the game that the council was upset and didn't think it'd need to be activated so the idea was sketchy from the beginning. Plus most people in Gotham wouldn't care if a bunch of psychotic criminals were killed anyway.

>And why broadcast a countdown at all?
I'm guessing it was more of a queue for the player serving as a sort of reminder that the climax was approaching in the story..
>>
>>389517798
The reason I dislike City is I feel the underlying idea is cool, but the story execution is rushed and shitty. Knight had issues, but the core premise actually made sense to me. Scarecrow's crazy and the AK wants revenge. Simple but functional.
>>
>>389517058
never.
it's for the best.
>>
>>389518065
Scarecrow is the only thing worthwhile from Knight, since he vows revenge and accomplishes it. Even then, his goalposts shift from "Destroy Gotham" to "Unmask Batman" pretty quick.
But Red Hood Lite sucked. From his backstory (Hey, Batman didn't find me and replaced me? Even though I'm a mile away from the Manor? Even if this story is worse than the comic version?) to his motivations ("I'll prove you're a failure" to "Why didn't you save me?" to "I'll guess I'll save you.") feels like a big asspull from the writing staff. AK's character loses all its momentum when he's revealed as Jason. If they needed a petty revenge character, why not use Hush or something?

And let's not start on the Joker shit.
>>
Asylum and City were my favorites. God tier and they nailed the Batman universe perfectly. Origins was okay but definitely felt under budget but the fucking crime scene investigations were fucking cool as hell and I was so disappointed Knight didn't expand on them more but instead made less of them and more simplistic. On the subject of Knight, it's pretty and definitely the pinnacle of the series' gameplay but the fucking bat mobile man. Too much, way too much. Riddler shit even more obnoxious. Also it gets incredibly ridiculous even for a Batman story. Also having to constantly go back to the police station was super obnoxious.
>>
How was that remaster of 1 and 2 for the ps4? Heard a lot of flake about it before release but then nothing after it was released.
>>
did anyone else have framerate issues with Knight even after the fix? I can run shit like TW3 on ultra at 1080p with a solid 60 FPS but even if I cranked everything down for Knight I would get a slideshow at times when driving the batmobile
made the game almost unbearable at times to deal with
>>
File: joker arkham ps3 vs ps4.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
joker arkham ps3 vs ps4.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>389521227
Oh yeah, I remember seeing screenshot comparisons of that.
>>
>>389492131
Let's all be honest.
Arkham was supposed to be GOAT but they dropped the ball so hard with the forced batmobile sections.
>>
>>389521227
they fixed the fabrics and shadows, ruined almost everything else
>>
>>389521291

one of the worst PC releases in awhile.
>>
File: 1430001568310.png (1MB, 800x408px) Image search: [Google]
1430001568310.png
1MB, 800x408px
I don't hate them but I wish they weren't so fucking gay with the license.
Like I wish that they actually let you have a final showdown with Deathstroke in Akrham knight instead of that gay tank battle bullshit.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.