[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always wondered. Who actually is this guy on the New Vegas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
I always wondered. Who actually is this guy on the New Vegas cover art? We've seen him in the trailer before. Is there a unique NCR ranger in the game you actually meet somewhere down the line when questing for the bearfags?
>>
>>389491580
He's just a generic NCR Ranger, could also represent the player character since most people ended up as a high level NCR trooper
>>
>>389491580
The ranger isn't actually a ranger at all, it's just the Courier that swiped It off one of those faggots corpses because it looked cool.
>>
It's the Courier, he's wearing NCR armor because the NCR ending is canon
>>
It's stupid they broke tradition and didn't go with power armor on the cover.
>>
File: 1504135179157m.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1504135179157m.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>389491776
House ending is canon*.
>>
>>389491580
He's a generic Ranger Veteran, the same way Fallout 3's cover had a generic Brotherhood Paladin.
>>
>>389491925
it kinda is power armor
>>
>>389491925
They didn't break tradition you dipshit. It's still a masked figure but it showcased how quickly a familiar faction has grown to the point of having elite troops that don't even need Power Armor.
>>
>>389491925
The ranger armor has a similar enough look to power armor and the duster fits in with the southwestern feel of the game.
>>
>>389491709
>Represent the player since most people ended up as
Obsidian had no idea most people (I doubt this is true) would go for the ranger costumes.
>>
>>389491950
And yet he can't even get a solid grip on the families on the Strip, not even gonna mention Freeside

He talks big but doesn't back it up
>>
File: 1503330622818.png (630KB, 776x814px) Image search: [Google]
1503330622818.png
630KB, 776x814px
>>389492105
>obsidian was smart enough to sdd upgrades non-NCR version of the black ranger armor.
No ripped homeless jeans and actual military grade boots.
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (30KB, 374x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
30KB, 374x452px
>>389491925
Why would they put power armor on the cover when the brotherhood and enclave aren't the main factions
>>
>>389491925

There weren't anymore unique power armor designs to use, and if they'd used some variant of Enclave armor you'd get the wrong idea about the game.

The NCR Ranger armor looks cool, and directly ties in thematically with NV. It's fine.
>>
The games always use a notable armor set as the cover because there is no set character who would be on the cover - your character is the protagonist, the story central force, but you're also not limited to one appearance.

The NCR Veteran Ranger armor was to New Vegas as the various power armors were to the other games. It's a strong mid-to-late game armor set that looks cool, that a lot of people would want even without it being on the cover, and that has direct ties to the plot of the game (the primary NCR vs Legion set up).
>>
>>389492148
House ending makes sense because anything else will lead to the NCR's collapse.
>inb4 autistic fedora anarchists think their Mary sue Courier has the same intelligence to the man who found a safe immortality method at the age of 30 and creates a humane super company powerhouse like Robco from nothing but determination.
>>
>>389491950
I picked Yes Man but House ending would make perfect sense for canon
>>
>>389491925
Yes they should have use brotherhood power armor on every fucking game like Bethesda.
>>
>>389491925
I think it was the right thing to do as it set apart NV and 3 from each other. If it had power armor on the cover I and more than likely many others would assume its was "Fallout 3 part 2" instead of a new game made in the same universe when I first spotted it on the shelves
>>
>>389492243
Because anyone with a brain wears power armor and equips their minions with power armor.

If it's Veronica you give her t45 so that she'd boil to death, but you give everyone power armor.
>>
>>389492205
It looks like shit, though
>>
>>389495762
You look like shit though.
>>
>>389491580
>scifi cowboy in a hot shithole with the lights of vegas in the distance
it perfectly summarises the game with its juxtaposed elements
>>
>>389496016
Only when I'm wearing Elite Riot Gear
>>
>>389494110
>House ending makes sense because anything else will lead to the NCR's collapse
just like half the endings of LR lead to the NCR's collapse
and the fact that the tunnelers are on their fuck to fuck the ass of literally everything, imposing a hard limit on NCR expansion east which is one of the backbones of their economy
>>
>>389492205
Wait, is that like an upgrade to the survivalist armor?
>>
>>389491925
GOOD
>>
>>389496374
I'd post that meme image portraying Tunnlers making a hole in the Mojave and currently seeing it already occupied by shit more dangerous than them and just leaving. Also expansionist manifest Destiny of the East is most certainly not the "backbone of their economy" far from it actually. When your taxes for the war effort are killing small communities and forcibly drafting hundreds of conscripts barely two week trained you most certainly aren't ready to leave the homeland much less annex another state when parts of Northern Jefferson California is still a shithole with raider tribes like the 80's thriving.
>>389496592
It's the upgrade to basic riot gear from New Vegas.
>>
>>389497191
>It's the upgrade to basic riot gear from New Vegas.
Aaa good. I really liked the survivalist armor as is. Really nice details.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.