[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/gauFVxKTiMc Well /v/, is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0030.png (142KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.png
142KB, 250x300px
https://youtu.be/gauFVxKTiMc

Well /v/, is he right?
>>
this game is very horrid
>>
>>389488005
>game that most people like sucks because I want attention
>game that most people hate is good because I want attention
Youtube videos in a nutshell
>>
>>389488005
Personally, I think it's a very shallow argument. He is essentially saying the homing attack is what makes the game so great. And...? What else?
>>
It's a shit platformer in general
>>
>hey some guy made a popular video where he shits on an objectively garbage game I liked
>time to make one in defense of it
>>
File: IMG_0031.png (535KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.png
535KB, 848x480px
This is Sonic 4
>>
File: Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png (142KB, 256x261px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png
142KB, 256x261px
>>389490553
No it's not. Sonic 4 came out ages ago.
>>
>>389488005

no
>>
>>389488716
This. Plus, the homing attack is in the 3D games because trying to maneuver Sonic's jumping attack without it is a shit experience. 2D games don't need that. Also, let's just get the flaws of Sonic 4 so that the kids that come into this thread don't get lost. inb4 who are you quoting? These are from posts I've seen here, so I'm quoting anon, if someone wants to know.

>blocky low res 3D Sonic combined with mediocre backgrounds = mediocre graphics, probably because Sonic 4 was meant to be a mobile game, not a console platformer
>there is no sense of momentum whatsoever, Sonic only goes forward/backward if you press right/left
>physics generally feel weird, something that was probably that way because this wasn't meant to be a console game
>you CAN run into enemies due to the level design in Sonic 4. You know how people here shitpost about that happening a lot in Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles? It can actually happen in Sonic 4 because the screen doesn't show enough of the stage at a time. The "camera" needs to be zoomed out more, basically
>the homing attack can suck ass when there's more than one thing to hit
>levels are SMALLER than genesis games
>special stages are boring, with music that literally sounds like what you'd play to make a baby fall asleep
>the last part where you have to face all the bosses in a row, then the final one is fucking awful. Trial & error is the only way you'll get through on your own.
>>
It looks and sounds like shit. It controls like absolute garbage. It gave you 12 acts for 15 dollars. One act rewards you with dozens of extra lives for being funneled through scripted sequences while something that sounds like keyboard cat is playing in the background. It has such a dearth of content that I'm pretty sure it's the only Sonic game that actually takes you through a real, full boss rush before the final boss just to pad out its length.
Frankly I can't think of a better ending for this subseries than it being quietly left unfinished and forgotten.
>>
>>389492265
Didn't one of the advance games have boss rush shit?
>>
>>389488005
It does, it's shit. The physics are fucked up.
>>
if you have to make a video to defend a game- its probably a shit game
>>
>>389492527
Advance 2 did, yes, also Advance 1 kind of did by having you fight the first boss of Sonic 1 & 2 during it randomly with their original music.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.