[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: dyson sphere.png (2MB, 1278x714px) Image search: [Google]
dyson sphere.png
2MB, 1278x714px
Are you still mad?
>>
No, not really, just disappointed
>>
I'm surprised anyone expected anything at all by now.
>>
duuuuude tech demos xD
>>
Mad, disappointed, depressed

But the whole stages of grief for this never had a chance to hit acceptance.

First it goes through denial, then you get anger which is like 5 times longer than normal, then you get to bargaining thinking "oh maybe this Valve project will lead to more Half Life in some way or another", then you hit depression, and you either stay there or loop back to anger.

They had all the pieces needed to finish this shit, and they just didnt give a shit
>>
>>389484021
I could care less.
>>
>>389484182
After over a decade of waiting I didn't want it to end like this. I would have honestly preferred it to simply die off completely. I don't want to see what could have been, especially when it I actually like the concept and progression of it.
>>
File: 1504053283201.png (967KB, 904x711px) Image search: [Google]
1504053283201.png
967KB, 904x711px
post yfw the morning you came to /v/ and saw the sticky thread

>a mod even autoplayed the "path of borealis" song in the sticky which made reading epistle 3 twice as emotional
>>
>>389484406
This so much

Valve is at the top of it all in the gaming industry, yet they fondle around with silly dumb ideas and obvious cashcows in the making when they could literally produce a game if they really wanted to.

Sure it would take time, but money is never is the issue, yet they act so greedy for it now.
>>
Glad I received closure, but really saddened to know that they did have satisfying answers and conclusions to the HL2 story arc.

All the pieces were there, and all the key developers. They weren't having creative trouble with writing or financial troubles, they literally just could not make a video game. It was pure lack of willpower and outright disinterest.

Half Life died long ago in some ever shrinking corner of the offices, with hushed murmurs of doubt, head scratches, and the quiet patter of feet shuffling off to other projects.
>>
File: 1503637236855.png (956KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1503637236855.png
956KB, 1280x913px
>>389484489
>>
It's fucking unbelievable that this happened. This is the only case in human history where a GIANT brand name die simply because the people working on it got bored.

I still can't comprehend it. How the fuck is this entire situation physically possible?
>>
Never played any of the games. Can someone tldr the end of 2? And the leak for 3? I'm mostly curious what people were upset about
>>
>>389484789

we are upset about it not getting released you faggot

how underage are you if you didn't play half life 1 and 2?
Leave this board and go to >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>389484683
It's mind-blowing, isn't it? One of the most iconic game series died because the people working on it got fucking bored.
>>
>>389484748
I've always liked the structure at Valve, with how every employee decides what they want to do and basically everything becomes a passion project. It sucks that it can lead to shit like this when nobody at the studio has a passion for Half-Life anymore. They don't have a passion for anything.
>>
File: 1433708768358.jpg (1007KB, 1484x2158px) Image search: [Google]
1433708768358.jpg
1007KB, 1484x2158px
>We will never have an HL3 where we try to destroy a fucking dyson sphere
>>
>>389484789

The last entry (Half-Life 2 Episode 2) ends on a massive cliffhanger with a major character being killed as the protagonist is heading of towards his next destination, a ship called Borealis. The series basically died mid-sentence.
>>
The fuck are you all talking about?
>>
half-life is an overrated franchise to be really quite honest with you familia
>>
I got over no hl3 like 4 years ago.
>>
>>389485259
assuming you're not just shitposting
>half-life 2 is bretty good
>there's one main game and two episodic follow-ups, the last of which ended on a major cliffhanger
>years pass with only murmurs of Episode 3
>murmurs go from Episode 3, to a full Half Life 3, to nothing
>main devs behind the series all leave Valve
>lead writer posts a "short story" that's obviously a plot summary for what would have happened in the next game, with all the names changed out

and there you have it
>>
File: Halflife_Movie.jpg (184KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
Halflife_Movie.jpg
184KB, 900x800px
mad at what?
they are releasing HL3 after they finish the movie
>>
>>389485719
could this man ever make something original
>>
>>389485653

Never heard of that short story, you got a name I can search for, or a link?
>>
>>389485915

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
>>
>>389484463
Why dont you start caring less, if you already know you could?
>>
>>389484285
I thought the school year started
Don't you have some homework?
>>
File: 1427885995608.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1427885995608.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
>>389484748
Thank the people who managed to convince Gabe that making a sequel to Left 4 Dead within a year would be a good idea. That whole ordeal led to a lot of crunch time and they had to draw people from other cabals (more than likely including the EP3 one) to get it out in time, a lot of people got burned out as a result.

Then the following year they released the cash shop for TF2, and discovered that there actually are lots of people who are willing to fork over money for worthless virtual garbage that takes no effort to produce, it all went downhill from there.

t. anon
>>
>>389485820
The Force Awakens proves definitively that he can not.
>>
>>389485990
Thanks
>>
>>389484021
I'd like to think I had enough foresight to know that this game wasn't going to get released any time soon so I wasn't really expecting much. This is better than nothing, thanks Laidlaw.

It's a shame this series died/end with a cold whisper and nothing loud/amazing. It deserved better.
>>
Valve screwed Half-Life franchise by refusing to release EP3 last gen. I mean you would expect it to be like 3-5 hours similar to other episodes, wouldn't you? And now after almost 10 years of waiting, you obviously expect something more, not just Episode, but a full length sequel. And considering the game would be set on the Arctic, there's no much interesting and varied environment like it was in HL2, unless they really stretch Combine bases.
>>
>>389486642
>And considering the game would be set on the Arctic, there's no much interesting and varied environment like it was in HL2

Only a quarter of the game would've been out in the snow. The rest was going to take place in a Combine fortress and finally the Borealis, which would've basically been an acid trip where you'd constantly shift between different dimensions and timelines.
>>
I still dont think its over.
>>
File: 147898261014.jpg (27KB, 269x493px) Image search: [Google]
147898261014.jpg
27KB, 269x493px
>>389484683
>Half Life died long ago in some ever shrinking corner of the offices, with hushed murmurs of doubt, head scratches, and the quiet patter of feet shuffling off to other projects.
>>
>>389484463
the expression is "couldn't care less" you fucking fag
>>
>kelly bailey, the fucking face of gordon in HL1 who was also the composer, left the company
>so did marc laidlaw and viktor antonov
fuck man
>>
Mad? No. Sad,
>>
>>389484021
its nice to know what would have happened but like everyone i gave up on hoping for another game a decade ago
>>
Didn't anyone tell the Combine that Dyson Swarms make more sense?
>>
Nope, I never really got into the story of HL2. I do feel bad for the people who really wanted to see a conclusion, but I never really cared.
>>
>>389484489

i got hyped for a second, thought the third game was finally announced
>>
>>389484021

What is this picture and what is the outrage behind it?
>>
File: justwhy.jpg (48KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
justwhy.jpg
48KB, 460x690px
>>389484489
>>
>>389484918
I'm 28. I just never liked shooters.
>>
>>389484489
I didn't enter the sticky because they take forever to load. I just got it all in bite sized portions in other threads.
>>
Hey foreal though I have a theory that the arctic would have looked differnt then we thought after all there were environmental changes and water went down by a much I bet the arctic would look somewhat desert like no?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.