[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Game - Game Grumps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: arinanddanny.jpg (293KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
arinanddanny.jpg
293KB, 1280x720px
Episode 3, the make or break for anyone who respects the rules of /a/

As far as whether I'll continue the season - meh, it's just barely at the point where I'll see it through

It's got serious, systemic problems. To the point where I almost can't believe Harmon signed off on this, I have to think there was some fuckery by someone somewhere in the line that resulted in this show winding up less than the sum of its parts.

Everyone is fairly well cast, and the writer did the courtesy of giving Dan and Arin caricatures of themselves to play. The story focuses mostly on gags and the characters; using the video game only as a device, which is what it always should be (especially when looking at the broader MOBA style gamer community as opposed to hardcore action/FPS/RPG/RTS players who look for complicated challenges).

The writing is more clever than it has any right to be and the jokes are there, they're just almost never given time to breathe and so they rarely land unless you ignore the next 3-4 lines.

I almost feel like I'm watching an episode of Mighty Magiswords. If you've never seen it, it's a 22 minute cartoon crammed into 11 minutes by cutting out any silence and voicing all lines like a professional auctioneer. (1/2)...
>>
>>389484001
(2/2)...

I genuinely feel bad for Dan, because he clearly understands comic timing and showmanship on a level Arin never will, but everything great he does on this show is ruined because it has no time to make an impact. He genuinely does a better job than any of the other actual professional actors excepting Micheal Ornstein (the gay landlord terrible at video games) and could absolutely make it as a character actor in addition to his impressive improv (and ability to sell super super SUPER throaty singing with pageantry, holy shit, way to go man)

Arin is just - he looks miserable. Just genuinely unhappy to be there and not good/professional enough to hide his contempt/depression. There are a select few shots where he does a good job but for the most part there was either no time to film second takes or the director couldn't get shit out of Arin and decided to move on. It seems silly to say of someone who makes his living by stage and improv, but he almost seems frightened to commit.

If the show can make a point out of the scenes about the creator of the game, the "rival" in (seriously?) steamin_semen, and find a way to make viewers give a shit about anyone that's not Dan, Micheal, or Jade (...the black girl), it will have been worth it to watch.

If not - well, it's time I'll never get back.
>>
Got a link?
>>
>>389484548
No, but I assume one will be on torrent sites soon.

I'm one of those suckers who paid for no ads and phone music streaming. This is literally the first youtube red "show" I've had even a passing interest in.
>>
>>389485240
>phone music streaming
Are you on Android? You could've just used NewPipe instead.
>>
>>389485831
I am, but honestly I watch so much fuckin' youtube that being ad-free is worth the 10bux to me.
>>
>>389484476

Most honest and unbiased review I've seen so far and for the most part I agree except on Arin.

The thing about voice acting is that it's much more akin to theater acting, which is basically on the opposite spectrum of film acting. theater demands you be more exaggerated and pronounced while film wants you to be more restrained and grounded. Not to mention Arin's forte even in the characters he portrays is mostly the wacky and insane, and both the character he's trying to play and the genre work against where his talents lie.

Having said that for the role and the series I don't think he's doing a terrible job. Dan and the other actors are better than him currently for sure, but he's not doing bad by any means. desu I think his character is just significantly less interesting or captivating which in this show both doesn't say much and says a lot, if that makes any sense.
>>
Game grumps it's shit since Jon left, why do people keep watching them?
>>
>muh pro gaming diversity
>muh poweful black female

fuck this agenda pushing garbage, there has literally NEVER been a black female pro gamer, and as for white ones it's highly debatable as to whether you consider their little closed off side tourneys that are women only are even "pro", most of the top competitive community doesn't consider them as such, if they were they wouldn't have to have their own women only events
>>
>>389487234
arin desperately trying to make pity with the grumps fanbase, saying shit would be okay. Then Dan came and he was the literal definition of "okay".

Only after did we realise that GG is just "okay" now.
>>
File: alexjones.jpg (229KB, 1037x583px) Image search: [Google]
alexjones.jpg
229KB, 1037x583px
>>389487521
Grow up
>>
File: gb2pol.jpg (345KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
gb2pol.jpg
345KB, 1000x767px
>>389487521
it's a fucking television show you sperg
>>
What was the name of that show that was this show except like 15 years ago?
>>
>>389487521

It has already been implied that the team aren't pros and are being carried by Arin's character.
>>
>>389489371
Two and a half men?
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>389489518
It was a show about some barely functional pro gamer moron and his exasperated friends. The first episode was iirc about his computer shitting itself and him trying to find one on which to play some brood war tourney.

I've been trying to remember the name since these Good Game threads first started to show up but I can't.
>>
>>389489872
Yung Sheldon?
>>
>>389489872
Pure Pwnage. Figures /v/ wouldn't know what that is.

TV show was fucked with by the way, the web series Pure Pwnage is the closest we've gotten to a show about people who like video games without it getting too fucking cringy.
>>
>>389490310
That's the one.
>>
>theres people who actually PAY to watch this shit
>these people post in the same place as you
>>
File: 1503854126801.png (164KB, 517x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503854126801.png
164KB, 517x480px
>>389487521
There have been black female pro gamers you twat.
>>
What is it with fat, middle aged retards and their need to make live action shit about playing videogames?
>>
>>389490480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmQJCTVS0s&t=4m57s

It wasn't perfect, but it had its heart in the right place. Too bad it all shat itself.
>>
File: girl gamer.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
girl gamer.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>389484001
>>389484001
Childhood is paying for Good Game. Adulthood is when you realize Game Lab makes more sense.
>>
>>389484001
Why does Arin still talk like he's still a teenager despite being middle age??
>>
>>389484001
I just noticed that Arin got to keep that dumb blond streak in his hair in the show
>>
>>389484548
https://www.rulu.co/episodes/good-game-1x3/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.