[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WIth most of the graphics cards prices through the roof, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-Feature.jpg (804KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-Feature.jpg
804KB, 1920x1080px
WIth most of the graphics cards prices through the roof, what is a decent GPU I can get on a budget that will run things like the upcomming Battlefront 2 with decent frame-rate/resolution?
>>
GTX 1050ti 4GB.

They still can be found for less than 150 bucks at best, some variants don't even need those 6-pin connectors but instead run on the PCI-E port's power, meaning they're VERY low-power too. And yet they can 1080p/60fps any game out at the moment. Obviously not at all-Ultra in ALL titles, but all-High or med-high combos? Not a problem.
>>
Wait for Vega to bring prices down.
>>
So long as you get a decent cpu you can get a 1050ti or 1060 then save up for something better.
>>
>>389483805
>tfw still rocking i5 2500, and literally no bottlenecks with GTX 1060 so far at 1080p/60fps
>>
>>389481690
GTX1050Ti is a console-killer, they go for less than 150$
>>
>>389483932
Got a 960 a few years ago it's still doing well. In fact I was using a g3258 until a few weeks ago when I finally upgraded to an i5 4460 because haswell stock was running out. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to upgrade to a better gpu in a few years, but it depends on whether games finally start using more cores.
>>
GAS THE MINERS
>>
>>389481690
None. You fell for the ''wait for pascal'' meme.
>>
>>389482497
Just waitâ„¢
Ryzen is great but Vega is just another massive disappointment. 1070 performance for 1080Ti price
>>389481690
Get a GTX 1050Ti or used 980Ti
They are pretty cheap since the 9xx series can't mine
>>
>>389481690
As everyone is saying, the gtx1050Ti offers an insanely good price/power ratio
But you need around 16 gbs of ram nowadays and a decent CPU too; i5s aren't very expensive, although I'd put off buying a CPU until the end of the month, when the new i9 series launches and probably drives older model prices down
>>
>>389484816
Is mining even worth it? Doesn't it waste a ton of electricity?
>>
>>389485334
>Just waitâ„¢
lmfao
>>
I just bought an RX 560 for my first build. Will have to wait and see how that goes.
>>
>>389485982
NIGGER, the reason cards are so expensive right now is miners buying a shit-ton.
I assume they make a small profit, which makes it worthwhile over time because they expect the value of their chosen cryptofaggotry to continue to inflate.
>>
>>389485982
It's not worth it if you're doing it on your own, but economies of scale kick in with these motherfuckers.
>>
>>389485334
It's not at a 1080 ti price point, they're just being scalped due to low supply because amd fucked up yet another hardware launch. That being said I don't recommend waiting, because anyone waiting for vega to be sold at msrp is going to be waiting a good long time.
>>
>>389484932
Pascal is good though the ones who got memed waited for vega.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.