[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

24 Hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: ma.jpg (25KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
ma.jpg
25KB, 1024x536px
24 hours - What are your expectations?
>>
I expect that as a competitively minded player who is already playing the game there will be nothing here for me.
>>
>>389480727
Is this an update to Duels? I played a ton at release but haven't touched the game in years.
>>
>>389481892
Its a whole new product.

>>389481768
If they give MTGO a new interface I bet you will change your mind.
>>
>>389483236
I'm 100% fine with MTGO's current UI.
>>
We're never going to get a card game of the same calibre as Shandalar ever again it seems like.

Card game developers/publishers seem to be too afraid of the idea of potentially competing with their physical card sales.
And when it comes to purely digital games everyone are chasing after the Hearthstone and mobage bucks and strip most of all interactivity between the players as to not slow the games down.

It's a shame really.
>>
>>389483432
Lies, the UI is horrible, you're in denial.
>>
>>389483702
this

Wizards makes fucking bank off of physical card sales, they're never going to make a digital card game that might take money from that, that's why we get the watered down casualized shit on steam, because it's targeted at people who were never going to buy physical cards in the first place
if people could play top level magic without having to spend 500 bucks on a deck they would, and it would pretty much kill paper magic overnight, there would still be that niche crowd that just likes having actual cards(I would probably be one of them, desu), but tier 1 standard and modern decks are getting a little more expensive every year as MTG gets bigger and bigger, and a lot of people are barred entry because of it
>>
>>389485304
I think they could gain a lot of player by making a decent digital magic game.
>>
>>389484892
No it's really kinda fine.

It's just trading that sucks.
>>
>>389485304
>if people could play top level magic without having to spend 500 bucks on a deck they would, and it would pretty much kill paper magic overnight
That's exaggerating. The oldest MtG videogames actually allowed you to freely play the at the time up to date game.
And Yu-Gi-Oh! did the same for far longer. Even developing a separate line of vieogames explicitly aiming at replicating the actual game and how it was played over adding story and whatnot.

And both card games made it through just fine. Though it's also true that neither of them are doing the above today with no real signs of them ever going back to it. So while it all most likely never would hurt them to such extents, it does indeed seem like they want no part of it any more.
That's an interesting topic to be had revolving the fact that there's actually possible to do so for all this time anyway, thanks to fan games/clients. Like YGOPro for instance that is absolutely marvellous at replicating the game in videogame form. And while perhaps less refined Magic has had things like Cockatrice and what have you.

And these two card games have still reigned supreme to the point that practically no other card game has ever been able to stay in the sphere for very long in the west (Pokemon TCG is still trying though). Many card games of which never had any videogame alternatives to the physical card games, fan made or otherwise.
It could almost be argued that piracy does not hurt game sales. But yeah. I really do think that physical /tg/ game sales versus digital vidya counterparts is a really interesting topic.
>>
>>389480727
is this mtg next or mtg mmo? hype as fug desu
>>
>>389484892
I really don't get this meme
>>
A fucking MOBA
>>
>>389480727
It has Arena in its name so I'm assuming its a moba. I guess they want to get in on the cash cow lord knows LoL makes a shit ton of money
>>
File: cd projeckt red headquarters.jpg (299KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
cd projeckt red headquarters.jpg
299KB, 1000x675px
leave digital CCGs to me
>>
>>389486391
>mmo

very unlikely, I'd bet a crisp hundred dollar bill its either a ccg or a moba
>>
>WOTC
>Video games

They haven't made a good video game since Shandalar
>>
I bought Nicol Bolas deck at retail price a month ago to get into the game
Did I do good or was I jewed out?
>>
>>389487240
Hmm ccg or moba I'm actually fine with either of these
>>
>>389486478
>>389487240
>moba

It won't be a moba because the just killed duels.

>>389486475
I feel like I'm playing solitaire on windows 95 for christs sake.
>>
>>389487456
>moba
Will not be a moba.

See >>389487473
>>
>Jacetice League hero shooter
>>
File: 1504133941210.png (622KB, 537x538px) Image search: [Google]
1504133941210.png
622KB, 537x538px
>>389487473
>>389487556
never say never. Fucking valve is releasing a ccg based on Dota so its not impossible that there could be a moba based on a ccg like Magic
>>
>>389487473
You know they changed from the green one almost five years ago, right?
>>
>>389487278
Do you mean Archenemy or the Planeswalker Decks? Archenemy is alright, and has some value, but isn't a good jump off point for any serious format and is only good at kitchen table fun. The Planeswalker decks are complete shit, and only are only worth it for the packs and whatever small value shitty standard players and edh players put on the face card.
>>
>>389487786
There is solid information stating there is an MMO and a New Card game in the works.

They have recently discontinued support for Duels. So Arena is either the MMO or the next CCG.
>>
>>389487278
If your goal is to efficiently build a viable deck for a specific format then anything but buying singles is a waste of money. If your goal is to have fun learning the game then getting an intro deck is probably fine. Better if you have someone at a similar level to play with.
>>
>mmo called arena

Unlikely, but I'd play the shit out of Fury 2 with a coat of Magic-y paint.
>>
>>389480727
>What are your expectations?

Absolute disappointment and anger no matter what path they take. If we get a game where we get cool shit like Ravnica and Innistrad and New Phyrexia, it's going to wind up some shitty ASSFAGGOTS and only feature Planeswalkers as playable characters. Anything else and it'll only be Jacetice League: The Reckoning, and any and all legends or other major figures will get shafted in favor of stuffing more Planeswalker faggotry down our collective throats.
>>
>>389488575
I have a feeling its going to be a competitor or hearthsone. We've seen one screen shot that points it at then. I just hope they bring out the big guns and dont dumb it down.
>>
File: 1465841346565.jpg (91KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1465841346565.jpg
91KB, 480x515px
>>389488830
>Hearthstone
We already have Shadowverse, which is superior in almost every single regard. We don't need MtG to be a """competitor"""" to an outright inferior ccg.
>>
Unless it's some Heartstone f2p shit, no one will play it and pay 600$ dollars for a card.
>>
>>389480727
Is this a fucking MOBA?
>>
>>389489392
NO, ITS CONFIRMED EITHER MMO OR CCG FFS
>>
>>389488960
>shadowverse competing with hearthstone

by what measure lul
>>
>>389490039
I never mentioned it was competing. It's just a superior game with a superior community, though sadly it only appeals to weebs, Japs, and Hearthstone evacuees.
>>
>>389490186
>though sadly it only appeals to weebs
I hate weeb shit.
>>
File: 1374341722015.png (219KB, 355x422px) Image search: [Google]
1374341722015.png
219KB, 355x422px
>>389491353
Then get out of this weeb imageboard.
>>
Are we finally going to get a good MTG game?
>>
>>389491538
yea its going to be vr first person duels and you have to manually cast your cards by weaving spells with your hands and chanting spells into a mic
>>
>>389491473
>>>>/a/

Stay there faggerto

>>389491538
Due to hearthstone I think they're getting their shit together (if they know their shit that is)
>>
>>389480727
Nothing
>>
maybe it'll actually work on my toaster

their latest game didn't which is retarded since it's a fucking card game
>>
File: (You).jpg (94KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
94KB, 640x716px
>>389491735
>/a/
>Discussing video games
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.