[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good? Also "pc jrpg ports" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Is it good?
Also "pc jrpg ports" thread
>>
>>389480638
no, it's boring as fuck and mediocre at best.
>>
>>389480638
It's my favorite trilogy ever. It's a slow burn but if you have the patience it's so worth it.
>>
>>389480638
Its wonderful

The issue is its very slow, not for everyone
>>
>>389480638
If you really like old-style JRPGs with alot of world building and a huge amount of dialogue, you will definitely love this series.
>>
I love it, but it's definitely not for everyone. You need to know what's coming (a slow, down-to-earth JRPG story where the meat of the adventure comes from talking to every single NPC several times). Also, it's not a PC port. It was a PC game from the start. That's why it actually controls really well.
>>
>>389480638
The first game in all the trails games are always more extended prologues. You'll get a lot of world and character building but it will often seem like nothing is happening till the last chapter. The plot just slowly builds up over time.
>>
Are there any JRPG series left that still put effort into their level/dungeon design? Ys is the only one I can think of.

I tried playing Trails and DQ8 and the "dungeons" are just generic room after generic room with shit thrown around randomly with little though about design or fun exploration.
>>
File: Trails in the Sky comfy.jpg (826KB, 680x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Trails in the Sky comfy.jpg
826KB, 680x1450px
>>389480638
>ports
The Trails in the Sky trilogy was specifically developed for PC, it's not a port.
>>
>>389480638
Fukcing excellent desu.
But be warned, it's slow and the gameplay isn't thrilling. You have to be in it for the comfiness and story.
>>
>>389480638
Eh, it's okay. I honestly don't know why I'm still playing them because I think the combat and plots are really boring. Maybe because I like the idea of a long-form connected universe game series?
>>
renne waifu
>>
Seemed good from my little experience with it.

I intend to revisit and this time not on the hardest difficulty.
>>
Are there any comfy jrpgs for pc/3ds like this
>>
>>389480638
If you like world-building and lots of dialogue then yea it's probably the best JRPG out there in terms of attention to detail. Story is a bit cliched at time, same with the characters but overall it's definitely worth it. It's also one of the few games where the continuation is better than the first, so definitely finish the series if you start it.
>>
>>389480638
No. They blew their budget fleshing out the world and ended up with a very mediocre main story and a painfully slow combat system.
>>
>>389480638
Chapter 1: decent, but suffers from the slow pacing and terrible plot solutions (asspulls everywhere, half of the boss battles end with "you won but you lost anyway")
Chapter 2: better pacing with broader and better party selection, improved plot and sidequest balance, definitely best game out of three
Chapter 3: Sort of one huge fanservice game that gives you most liberties in party managment, plot is just an excuse to battle your favourite guys against bosses and important characters from the whole trilogy. Very enjoyable experience overall.

All in all, if you are content with spending 200+ hours combined on one series and like the magitech setting and usual JRPG vibe, you'll enjoy that one.
>>
>>389480638
It's tied with Metroid Prime as my favorite trilogy ever.
>>
>>389480638
cold steel is better :^)
>>
>>389485695
The gameplay is at least.
>>
File: EstelleFishing.jpg (578KB, 1205x731px) Image search: [Google]
EstelleFishing.jpg
578KB, 1205x731px
comfiest game
>>
File: 1482634317834.png (487KB, 862x920px) Image search: [Google]
1482634317834.png
487KB, 862x920px
>>389480638
Is that the one with the different portraits?
>>
>>389486373
No.
That's from Trails in the Sky Evolution. The West didn't get Evolution.
>>
>>389480638
It's shit.
>>
>>389485258
There's a playable fan translation of zero no kiseki already if you haven't played it yet.
>>
Can we talk about a good jrpg series? What do you guys think about Tales of?
>>
>>389486373
Right looks so soulless

Modern anime/moeshit was a mistake
>>
>>389487098
>clean colors
>better shading
>non+retarded collar
yup, totally soulless.
>>
File: Popful Mail PC 98.jpg (3MB, 1771x2742px) Image search: [Google]
Popful Mail PC 98.jpg
3MB, 1771x2742px
>>389487098
Falcom games have always been moe as fuck, Falcom's one of the biggest reasons why extremely cliched anime games and fanservice-filled JRPGs exist in the first place
>1992
>>
>>389480638
First of all, it's not a port, secondly, It was mediocre, archaic trash the year it was released, now it's even worse.
>>389486973
Is this some kind of elaborate bait or am I overestimating /v/'s garbage taste again?
>>
>>389480638
It's not good at all. The series, when taken as a whole, however, can be considered good.
>>
>>389487225
You forgot to type "worse artwork".
I really like how the original characters starting from Crossbell look like, but old, returning characters feel really weird with those new portraits. I'm playing Ao right now and I honestly think that only Osborne looks better with the new art. Also Kevin is by far the worst.
>>
>>389480638
Seems to be "It gets good after 80 hours: the series." I'll believe it, sure, but I sadly didn't have the patience to get there.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.