[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crusader Kings II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1-1024_1310.jpg (92KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1-1024_1310.jpg
92KB, 1024x640px
Hey which DLC is essential for this game? I have the base game on Steam. And does anyone have any tips for a newbie?
>>
>>389477480
>giving jewdox money
>>
>>389477480
just pirate it all
>>
my sincere tip is to pirate all of the dlc because paradox are seriously jews about it. ireland is a good, slow pace to learn the basics of the game. even the shitty dlc like monks and mystics comes with a bunch of features that seriously improve the base game so really just pirate it.
>>
>>389477480
>Play with HIP with my overpowered dynasty
>Go with Byzantium because reconquering all the provinces is the shit.
>After doing that convert to messalian just to fuck my genious sister.
>Dealing with civil wars right now

What about you guys?
>>
>>389477671
>even the shitty dlc like monks and mystics comes with a bunch of features that seriously improve the base game so really just pirate it.
I sure do love a surprise Norse mass conversion!
>>
>>389477961
isn't there a rule you can set that makes that much less likely to happen?
>>
>>389477961
Just turn it off on the game rules before your campaign starts.
>>
>>389478079
>>389478131
What are the good features that make upgrading to that version worthwhile then?
>>
you can buy the base game and pirate the DLC, you can even get achievements and play online with the pirated dlc
>>
>>389478296
They won't ban me for it? I logged in at the launch screen.
>>
It all went downhill since Way of Life
>>
>>389478739
well I'm asking which ones are peak and which ones to avoid
>>
>>389478590
People have been pirating the DLC for 3+ years and no one has ever been banned.

Hell, I've seen people recommend pirating the DLC in the official paradox forums and they only got banned from posting, they can still download mods and browse the forums.
>>
>>389478929
I barely remember the names of the dlcs so here goes
Republic
something about Byzantium
some dlc that gives you retinues
Old Gods
Charlemagne

That's it.
>>
>>389478929
The only one you should really avoid is Sunset Invasion because it's just fucking bullshit

The others all add things to the game and I like them, but there's people who get annoyed by the Council one and other stuff so you should try them out and see for yourself

Music and faces are bullshit but if you are pirating them what the heck, just avoid some of the music like the metal ones, that shit just doesn't fit into the game at all
>>
>>389479386
>The only one you should really avoid is Sunset Invasion because it's just fucking bullshit
Why's that?
>>
>>389479661
its to much fantasy crap, and the aztec armies don't have any of the limiting factors the mongol armies got

also ruins the game if you want to convert to EUIV
>>
>>389479661
you get invaded and buttraped by fucking aztecs
>>
>>389479661
Because Aztecs crossing the Atlantic and invading Spain and Ireland is bullshit of the first degree and not fun in any conceivable way either
>>
>>389479661
It's just a weird fantasy challenge scenario type thing that isn't very fun. It's alright to try out, but you certainly don't want it active on most of your games.
>>
>>389479372
you forgot way of life
>>
>>389479386
Conclave is just tedium in my opinion. council management is now "put your vassal on the council or they will hate you forever and join all the factions" and "revoke everything up to war decleration or else face 100 revolts for increased council authority." the childhood education is also a lot more RNG now with you having less input in the upbringing of your children.
>>
File: 1503613326548.png (528KB, 707x541px) Image search: [Google]
1503613326548.png
528KB, 707x541px
>>389478239
It's necessary for the Warhammer mod, that's the only good thing about it. Almost all of the DLCs make the game worse.
>>
lol I bought sunset invasion
>>
>>389479372
>something about Byzantium
>some dlc that gives you retinues
I think they're both Legacy of Rome.

>tfw retinues haven't been free to reinforce for ages.
>>
File: peasant.jpg (319KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
peasant.jpg
319KB, 960x895px
>>389477480

Buy the base game, pirate every single fucking piece of DLC. They are easy to do so and the Swede doesn't need your dosh.
>>
where can I get the DLC for free? Is someone hosting them on a site somewhere?
I'd rather not torrent
>>
swedecucks can suck my taint
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.