[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are they letting Obsidian make another Fallout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
When are they letting Obsidian make another Fallout?
>>
>>389476202
>Bethesda
>Letting fans have what they want
Pick one
>>
While I don't quite see it being Obsidian, I could see Bethesda farming out Elder Scrolls or Fallout to a third party to have something for the next year or two and it running on the Fallout 4 engine.

I'd be shocked if Obsidian would want to work with Bethesda again after all the bullshit that was pulled with NV, but I can semi see them going back out of desperation.
>>
>>389476202
The Obsidian of then doesn't exist now.
>>
>>389476402
Oh fuck this might happen.

God damn, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a terrible thing.
>>
>>389476456
This, wouldn't be the same thing as New Vegas.
>>
File: 1451353233052.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451353233052.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>389476456
>>389476609
IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
File: file.png (58KB, 643x505px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
58KB, 643x505px
>>389476402
https://twitter.com/TheEFenster/status/689290357251522560
>>
>>389477157
Thats good to hear then. I just hope if they are given another Fallout project Bethesda gives them way more time to polish and finish the game then NV.
>>
>New Vegas 2 gets released
>Only way to get mods is via creation club
>>
>>389476402
what bullshit ca some one fill me in?
>>
>>389477157
He might be telling the truth, but adults often lie to children rather than hurt their feelings.
>>
>>389476456
Oh shit, so it might stand a chance at being a complete or functional game?
>>
>>389476456
Chris is working as a freelance writter
I don't see why he wouldnt come back
>>
>>389477541
He didn't have to respond at all.
>>
The last few Obsidian games have been shitty isometric RPGs that bombed.

They will never let them do Fallout again.
>>
>>389477157
>New Orleans

Fuck no. I don't want to play as a bunch of backwoods Protestant hicks shooting each other up over rival meth cartels.
>>
>>389477617
Considering the current market for CRPGs, they're pretty good and Pillars didnt bomb at all.
>>
>>389477586
Who gives a shit about Chris "Nuke the NCR" Avellone? He hardly contributed to vanilla New Vegas
>>
>>389477862
The way you phrase that makes me think he had a lot to do with Ulysses. If so, I hate that guy's fucking guts, and I don't even know who he is.
>>
>>389477458
Bethesda gave them an extremely short time period to make the game, a year I think it was, and whatever they had once it was up is what they were forced to release whether or not they were done patching it, fixing bugs and so on. They also said Obsideon would get a bonus only if they got an 85 on Metacritic.

It got an 84. To make things work considering it's not even a secret vidya journalist's are less then honest and have biases and sponsers to please, some conspiracy theorist believe Zenimax payed critics to give NV a marginally lower score.
>>
>>389477938
Yeah, he's the one that created Ulysses.
Avellone hates the fact Fallout has become too civilized.
>>
>>389477938
Avellone directed Dead Money, OWB and Lonesome Road. And although the wiki doesn't explicitly name him as the guy who wrote Ulysses, all the quotes about the character come from him and Lonesome Road's finale is Ulysses acting out Avellone's desire to "reset" Fallout back to its post-apoc roots.
>>
>>389477970
What a bunch of dick holes! so they pretty much sabotaged themselves to fuck obsidian in any furture involvent in the fallout series being them the original creators of the franchise. thats just sad. thanks for taking your time anon.
>>
File: Fo2_Arroyo_Ending.png (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Arroyo_Ending.png
138KB, 640x480px
>>389478234
>hates the fact Fallout has become too civilized.
>didn't work on Fallout 1
>only worked on Fallout 2, which created the NCR and pushed the universe so far forward technologically that most of California is in a pre-war state
Nigga what
>>
>>389478234
I think he's a good writer but that always felt backwards to me.

Watching the Fallout world grow and advance while simultaneously repeat the same mistakes of the past is literally what the games are all about. If he truly can't see that, then maybe he shouldn't write the next game.
>>389478379
Sad truth is this 4-D chess bullshit of screwing other people happens all the time. I wouldn't blame Bethesda for all of it though, there just another pawn branch of Zenimax. I doubt this decision was originally thought up by Todd or anyone at Bethesda besides the couple executives and managers that solely work their to be Zenimax's eye's and mouthpieces who were probably told by another higher up what to do.
>>
Given that Obsidian went and leaked information of their clause, I'd say 0.
>>
>>389476202
Get over it and let go, faggot
>>
>>389478720
Fallout 2 is pretty primitive outside of the Reno/San Francisco/NCR triangle. Vault City is pretty much the only civilized society out there, while Klamath/Modoc/Arroyo/Den/Redding/Broken Hills/Gecko/The Tribe are basic post-apocalyptic fare.
>>
>>389479269
It's still a post-post apocalyptic setting. Civilization is well and truly making a come back, even the least civilized places are basically functioning and organized towns.

Even Fallout 1 was edging away from pure post-apoc, seeing as it was set 80 years after the bombs and traders are established enough to endorse a wasteland currency.
>>
>>389479269
I mean the years after Fallout 2, specifically around New Vegas time. The pic I posted is Arroyo post-GECK, and the NCR is very prosperous in NV.
>>
>>389477970
It got an 84 because some fucking asshole gave it a 0
>>
>>389480093
That's a user score, pal. Those don't count.

The ''professional'' score is brought down by some guys giving it a 65, mostly because of some bugs. I never encountered serious bugs, even when playing on release, but apparently some did.
>>
>>389476202
Never
>>
File: IMG_4712.jpg (165KB, 768x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4712.jpg
165KB, 768x412px
>>389476202
Yes yes well done Obsidian, well done..
HOWEVER
>>
>>389476202
Story, quests, stat system and factions of NV with the combat and voice acting of FO4 would be the best Fallout game ever made.

Make it happen.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.