[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Dark Souls 2 how are new comers supposed to know to go to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: forestgiants.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
forestgiants.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
In Dark Souls 2 how are new comers supposed to know to go to Forest of the Fallen Giants? It's easier to spot pathway to Heide's Tower of Flame than there but Heide's is way harder, it's kinda odd that there is no indicator which way is the beginners level basically.
>>
Heide being hard is a pretty good indicator desu fampai.
>>
Both are viable starting areas and heides is arguably the better choice despite a harsher beginning because you wont be underlevelled by the time you reach Lost Bastille. Why are souls fags such brainlets?
>>
>>389468829
Heide's is certainly doable at the beginning and it's a better introduction to dodging and pattern recognition, making it the superior choice. It also acts as a good casual filter that makes shitters ragequit and never come back. Perfection, imo
>>
>start game
>exploring around
>nog armor seller
>locked house
>cat house
>big hole
>sexy guide lady
>crestfallen man
>decide to venture around more
>find fake sword guy
>keep going
>find stone statue
>get ass kicked
>go back
>find Heide tower
>toe to toe with big guys for a bit
>go back to majula
>find forest path
>miss first bonfire
>die a bunch
>keep missing first bonfire
>eventually make it to the Soldier's Rest or whatever bonfire it is
>keep going
>don't ever find exploding wall shortcut or first bonfire until NG+

God damn I loved this game.
>>
>>389468829
Dark Souls 1 did literally the exact same thing. Demon's Souls did something similar too except you were forced through 1-1 no matter what.
>>
File: DS2elite.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS2elite.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
i bet this is the same troll in /dsg/ and /bbg/
>>
>>389471749
>all that encumbrance when stamina regen is tied to weight
shiggy
>>
In Dark Souls 3 how are you supposed to know you're supposed to walk forward and never stop when you get spawned in?

It's easier to see potential branching paths all around, but they're just supposed to assume after all the great and varied maps of the series before that one direction the entire way through the game would take you all the way to the end without a hiccup?

It'd kind of odd that there's no other directions to go other than the linear road to victory.
>>
>>389468829
>Heide's is way harder

No it isn't. You can go either way at the beginning. That's kind of the point
>>
>>389468829
Funny how ds2 kinda look like gothic 2
>>
>>389471962
It's on a Power-Stanced FUGS build, that was just for show. So, honestly that nigga is light weight as fuck with that set up.
>>
Heide is easy, the Old Knights are braindead and can't hit you ever if you circle around.
>>
File: this is fine for 2014.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine for 2014.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>389472110
And sometimes like 1.
>>
I first went to FotFG, but since you start with fast travel it's not like it matters where you go first.
>>
File: dark souls 3 turk 2.jpg (17KB, 288x395px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3 turk 2.jpg
17KB, 288x395px
I can't fucking stand Dark Souls 2. And I could go through all the problems of things like level design, but really, my main issue boils down to the controls.

You know exactly what I mean by that. The controls are loose, sloppy, and sluggish. It doesn't feel tight and responsive like all the other Souls games. It's hard to identify precisely what the problem is, but don't act like it's not true. And on top of this, there's the issue with adaptability, which might as well be called the "playability" stat. I've beaten Dark Souls 2 twice over back when it came out, and sure, I eventually got used to the awful controls, but going back to DaS1 (or to DaS3) from DaS2 felt like walking around with drunk goggles on, and then having them taken off and you're finally able to see and move freely.

If the entire game could just be imported over to the DaS3 engine, I think I'd actually like it a lot.
>>
>>389472398

iframes shitter detected
>>
File: 1494451402547.jpg (40KB, 720x592px) Image search: [Google]
1494451402547.jpg
40KB, 720x592px
>>389472031
shots fired.
>>
>>389472398
>It's hard to identify precisely what the problem is

Two things:
Weird deadzones and no wind up phase during attacks.
>>
>>389472398
I controlled primarily by holding forward and changing the camera angle, never really had a problem with it and I've got 250 hours into the game.
You can beat the game without rolling, so adp is honestly irrelevant. I liked the fact that if you built a pure caster you didn't have to put much into adp since attunement affects your agility as well, and that if you wanted to abuse max iframes it was possible but the stat investment was HEAVY. Interesting concept with an ok execution, could've been explained better.
It is a little clunky compared to 3, but then so is the original.
>>
>>389468829
I went there first on my blind playthrough.
If you go check out the big giant stone tablet like anyone would then when you're walking down the hill back towards the bonfire you can clearly see the path.
>>
>>389472673
Those are definitely contributing factors, but it's a constellation of multiple other problems too. For example, there's adaptability, the i-frame issues, the poor hitboxes (le shockwaves), the sluggish animations, the response delay for various actions, etc. It's almost like they purposefully designed the game to be sluggish. I don't understand why.
>>
>>389469286
>Not killing the giant and then going to lost bastille via heides
>>
>>389472726
I don't like the concept of a stat that increases the playability, period. It can't be executed well, because the very concept at its core is ridiculous. Imagine if you had a an action game like megaman, but you start off with an inherent input delay of 50ms for all actions, and you had to level up a "responsiveness" state to reduce this inherent input delay. The very concept is retarded. I don't know what they were thinking.
But having said that, the problem isn't JUST the adapatability. That's only one aspect of it. Even with fully pumped-up adaptability, the control problems are still there.
>>
>>389468829

Kinda like another game you might have heard about, its name is Dark Souls.
>>
>>389472923
They're the ones that bothered me the most, especially the second one which fucks you up when you need to react fast to something.
>>
>>389473196
in that case there shouldn't be a stat that increases weight capacity either, right?
>>
>>389473290
You can still fastroll even with low endurance (or whatever it was in DaS2). It just means you have less wiggle room with how much you can have equipped. It was something you could actually have control over besides just having a single stat and nothing else to balance.

That and there weren't even any INDICATIONS of the differences in i-frames. Your animation will literally be the exact same thing whether you have lowest or highest agility, and yet the i-frames will be different, but you can't tell. Do I need to spell out how terrible an idea that is?
>>
I went to Heide's.
But I also went into the Catacombs in DaS.
I also need a GPS to function IRL
>>
>>389474113
I couldn't even find the entrance to Catacombs my first playthrough, or the backside of Firelink with the stairs, firekeeper, and elevator when I first started.

I did spend all my time running around in the ruins area, and getting killed by GY skellies, though.
>>
How is SotFS on ps4? Its on sale for 12$, was thinking of getting it if the performance and load times are ok
>>
>>389474520
Pretty okay, grab a crossword puzzle if they get to long. SotfS is pretty fun, especialy in ng+ when the enemy placement gets mixed
>>
>>389474520
Performance and load times are fine
>>
>>389469286
You can reach Bastille's through both, I would even say that Tower-->Wharf-->Bastille route is more obvious, since it's just a straight visible path, instead of having to sit in an easily missable nest
>>
>>389469495
Heide's Tower is a fucking chore. The big guys aren't hard to fight, they're just annoying
>>
>>389468829
>mfw did the drop down guy without knowing about closing the portals
>mfw after 30+ runs i dropped him <5%
>mfw i deleted my paypays
:(
>>
>>389475121
you can farm his spawns until they pretty much stop coming, desu
your own fault for not exploring the area first senpai
>>
>>389475441
i have a traumatic experience with snow levels in games and i rush thought them to get it over with
>>
>>389475614
should've summoned your own gank squad then. you missed out though, eleum loyce is one of the best areas in the series
>>
>>389472319
that whole area is like walking around inside an LOD
>>
>>389475727
buddy i knew from my 1st try that i was doing something wrong
even for ds it was too hard
but im not a guides guy
id rather not finish a game

t. guy who killed giant and dragon by hitting their feet lul
>>
>>389468829
>go one way
>get facerolled
>go another way
>get facerolled
>go 3rd way
>survive
that's the right way
>>
>>389469495
heide's in SOTFS has those white knights sprinkled around everywhere and they become perma-aggro after you kill the boss

pretty big pain in the ass if you do it first
>>
>>389474806
>>389474613
Thanks lads
>>
>>389476730
but you already did it, you can warp past the heide knights.
>>
File: 1503482023143.jpg (131KB, 750x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1503482023143.jpg
131KB, 750x1029px
>>389476763
No problem.
>>
>>389468829
Dark souls 1 is miles ahead of this.
>>
>>389468829
I started heading there before even speaking to shanalot, you have to be autistic to miss it
>>
>>389468829
Crestfallen Sauldren
- Using Talk Option

Do you see the way beyond the bonfire? That will take you to the Forest of the Giants.
There was once a great fort, but little of it remains.
You may just find something there that will be of use on your journey.
But don't venture too far inside, or you might not come back…

Heide's Tower of Flame lies beyond the far gate.
In the cathedral, the apostles of blue gather.
But the road leading there is perilous.
The gate is rigged with some contraption…
But how it works, I just don't know…
>>
I completely missed heides at first because I didnt see the chain switch at the top of the stairs. Thought it was a blocked gate I would come around the other side
>>
>>389472398
>Can't stand DS2
>Beats it twice

Opinions disregarded. Controls are fine, and adp is not even an issue. I've ran multiple builds without putting anything into adp. Git gud.
>>
Is the only real way to do the Challenge runs in DS2 to do them at the same time? Or are you a bitch baby who does them individually?
>>
>>389478231
try doing a no death no bonfire ladle only run you pretentious faggot
>>
File: Shanalotte.jpg (203KB, 595x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shanalotte.jpg
203KB, 595x800px
Shanalotte is cute!
CUTE!
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.