[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't /v/ make simple choices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: compressed-r1ne.jpg (47KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
compressed-r1ne.jpg
47KB, 1024x684px
Why can't /v/ make simple choices?
>>
File: MMkUAoW.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MMkUAoW.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Because they're nootrol
>>
>>389467889
There are no good Renegade options. There are good renegade interrupts but they are never good options when you have to choose between a renegade or paragon interrupt.
>>
File: 1480516282664.png (25KB, 276x213px) Image search: [Google]
1480516282664.png
25KB, 276x213px
>>
>>389468049
>When the game lets you piss on both sides of the fence and finish the game your way

Neutrality in SMT is always fun.
>>
>It's another game where morals are either comedically bad or judicially good
>>389468170
Neutral in SMT isn't even TRUneutral, it's more like pro-human
>>
>>389467889

completely meaningless
>>
Why should I be either the good heroic guy or the evil bastard guy? I don't care about other people's problems i have my own to deal with, like saving the world so everyone INCLUDING me doesn't die. And going out of my way to fuck people over for the sake of being evil brings unwanted attention to you. I mean petty crimes are one thing but straight up murder is another, that's just bad publicity.
>>
File: KSOntXS.jpg (165KB, 778x658px) Image search: [Google]
KSOntXS.jpg
165KB, 778x658px
>>389467889

True neutral. Fuck change, I got crops to tend to.
>>
>>389467960
>>389468049
As if being neutral can't be a serious conviction. If there are two opposing forces, and you hate them both, why wouldn't you be neutral?
>>
File: coyote.png (74KB, 356x444px) Image search: [Google]
coyote.png
74KB, 356x444px
>>389469040
this anon gets it
unlike them >>389467960 >>389468049
>>
>>389467960

I'd prefer nuance over neutrality.

Renegade Shepard doesn't have options for tough love or making difficult decisions with conviction. They're just an asshole that punches and shoots people.
>>
>>389468281

Yeah, neutral in SMT is taking a stance, it's just the stance that neither of the factions are right for humanity so fuck all demons and angels to death.
>>
File: 1489681167844.jpg (253KB, 693x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1489681167844.jpg
253KB, 693x1152px
>>389467889
>be always soft and forgiving even to people who doesn't deserve it
or
>be always cruel and sadistic even to people who may help you in future
>you must choose only one or both options will be unavailable in the future

fuck mass effect
>>
my fondest memory of mass effect is accidentally making garrus a renegade in me1 despite being a paragon myself and then being impressed when he remembered it in 2 when I tried to influence him to be a gud boi
>>
>REEEEEEEEENEUTRAL posting is back
>>
Morality in games is usually way too extreme anyways so neutral is the best option
>kill him infront of his children for having his wagon in the road
>suck his cock and give him money to repair his wagon
>walk around the wagon
>>
>We got off on the wrong foot. I'll personally bend every member of my crew over to receive your seed if you'll only consider forgiveness
>Okay
>I'll chain you to a radiatior split your god damn bird person gooch wide open you shit sucking xeno nigger
>I should go

amazing writing
>>
>>389467889
I hated the interrupts so god damn much. It was always a guessing game of how much of the conversation you're allowed to hear before the option just goes away and if you sue it early, you completely cut off whatever dialogue was happening so some of the time you don't even know the full extent of what you are doing.

QTEs are fucking cancer and I didn't even believe they could get worse until conversation QTEs became a thing.
>>
These choices would be easier if the dialogue was better.

>Commander, do we save the civilians or take their money to use for our ship upgrades?
>Think Renegade answer would explain that we're taking the money for the greater good and sometimes people are sacrificed
>Actual Answer: HONESTLY I"D LET THEM DIE FOR FREE *Revs Engine*
>Joker didn't like this. -20 friendship
>>
I like to consider myself a chaotic neutral. Kinda like my favorite video game character shadow the hedgehog
>>
File: latest.png (130KB, 479x493px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
130KB, 479x493px
>"blah blah blah what do you think?"
>good option
>neutral option
>evil option
>bye/no
Always in the same fucking order
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.