[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirate Curse is best Shantae game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Pirate Curse is best Shantae game
>>
>>389467547
Fapbait: The Game
>>
File: rotty.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rotty.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
Will we ever get another Pirate's Curse tier Shantae game?
>>
>>389467547

Pharaoh Rebirth is the best Shantae game.
>>
>>389467641
It's fapbait AND a great game.
>>
>>389467641
Yes and...?
>>
>>389469118
What so great about it?? All you do is whip your hair like a bitch and that's it, there not doeth to the game at all...
>>
It's a shame PQQ doesn't have running. It's probably meaningless other than for gotta go fasting since there are hardly any straight-aways where you can just run and skewer enemies on the way.
>>
playable Rotty when, oh when bros?
>>
>>389469825
Pirate Curse had a gun and double jump added to it. It's actually a really fun game, my issue with the Shantae games is you have to stop every few seconds to do a stupid dance, luckly in Pirates curse that shit is gone.
>>
I legit cried when human-Rotty said she has a nice dream of having a best friend.
>>
File: Shantae_Cover.jpg (19KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Shantae_Cover.jpg
19KB, 316x316px
I still think this is the best Shantae game, albeit rough around the edges. The others feel too short and way too easy, and the original, though it had a zoomed in screen and the enemies maybe took a lot of hits to kill, really did challenge you to explore and rewarded exploration a bit better. The dungeons also had far and away the best design in the series.

Going fast in Pirate's Curse is fun as fuck though. I do think it's the second best. Kinda wish it'd get a hardcore mode.
>>
>>389469825
>what's so good about Mario lol you just jump on blocks
>what's so good about Zelda lol you just kill a bunch of monsters with your sword
>>
I feel like the Shantae games have gotten gradually better every time. I find the Gameboy Color game to be extremely difficult to play simply because there's not enough screen space. Character and enemy sprites are too big, making it difficult to react to incoming attacks.

Risky's revenge no longer has that problem, but it feels generally unpolished. Movement and attacks are just a bit wonky in a way that's difficult to explain. Also, the PC version is a bit borked last I played. Fullscreen doesn't work quite right and control remapping is limited.

Pirate's Curse, I'd say start with that one if you're new to the series. Refined controls, great pixel art, great humor, and excellent music. I think there are a few parts of the game that are kinda dumb.

Half Genie Hero is almost perfect for a Shantae game. The main thing I dislike is that, unless the scope of the game was significantly expanded, there's too many transformations. Some like the harpie, bat, and crab weren't used often. I think the game would have been better if it was just four and the level design was slightly redone to eliminate the need for them, or combine the abilities of two transformations into one.

The whole series has great music and not very challenging, but fun and rewarding gameplay. All of the music is available on Jake Kaufman's Bandcamp page for free (pay what you want with no minimum).
>>
>>389470603
They need to remake the first game
Hell they could even use the assets of HGH
>>
>>389471675
That's actually a pretty good idea. The 1st one was great.
>>
>>389471675
I don't think they remember how to make long games
>>
File: 1504085443043.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1504085443043.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>389471338
>nothing about how HGH stopped being a Metroidvania
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.