[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Second video game crash when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Second video game crash when?
>>
>>389462624
Never. The industry is too big for another crash
>>
>>389462624
There was never a first crash.
t. PC
>>
I wouldn't count on it. Mobile shit and walking simulators will carry it for the next 10 yers at least.
Why do you worry though? Even if the vidya market would permamently crash right here and now, there are already more worthwhile games in existence than you can play in your lifetime.
>>
>>389462813

This pretty much.
It's too ingrained in pop nerd culture at this point, it's slowly becoming what Hollywood and the music industry is.
>>
Never you fucking retard
>>
I would like to point out again that vydia is being jewed today more than ever. It's making profit.
What you are witnessing is not a second vydia economical crash but rather the creative downfall of an industry. Say goodbye to actually good and interesting games, this is the era of quick low-effort cash grabs.
>>
>>389463015
>Say goodbye to actually good and interesting games, this is the era of quick low-effort cash grabs.
What about dedicated indie devs
>>
Honestly I think there might be one if consoles cannot adapt to the liquid market that is vidya game hardware
>>
>>389462624
>Implying the Pong crash of 1977 never happened
>Implying the 1983-84 crash is the first one
OP is a faggot
>>
>>389463091
Almost everything is either a platformer or a rogue-lite. They are also creatively bankrupted.
>>
>>389463091
They will become a minority as they will quickly realize that going along with the newest fad is how you make money instead of making fun games for a niche audience. Their games won't sell as they are buried by the success of hundreds of battle royale open world survival early access MOBA card hybrid games
>>
>>389463256
Indie deving is often not about the sales or competition, but simply for the joy of making games for others to enjoy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.