[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Titanfall_box_art.jpg (19KB, 267x372px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall_box_art.jpg
19KB, 267x372px
Whatever happened to this?
>>
File: IMG_9123.jpg (51KB, 556x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9123.jpg
51KB, 556x358px
The second game came out and was bretty gud
>>
>>389460384
>bretty gud
Not really.
t. someone who actually own tf2
>>
>>389460456
lol
>>
>>389460535
I agree with him, TF1 had way better titan gameplay.
>>
>>389460456
t. Someone who couldn't master spastic, swift gunplay

Don't get it twisted, I was ass at the game online as well. But saying it wasn't very good is just ignorant as all fuck
>>
>>389460456
>not really
it was good
t.someone who actually owns (and played) tf2
>>
>>389460626
No, Anon. I do know how to go fast with and without grapple. The game is just ridden with bullshit.
>Gun balance so broken, SMGs outrange and outperform every other gun in the game (which are STILL not fully balanced to this day)
>Launched with half the content the first game had at the end of it's run
>All the "free" content was just been maps or modes from TF1
>New titan is just a mishmash of assets already in the game and took over 6 months to be launched despite being on the fucking cover
>Low as fuck time to kill so people die from being looked at wrong
>Stim and phase are fucking broken OP; one gives you free instant speed and healing, and the other gives you godmode
>Titans are now moba heroes instead of having full customization like in the first game
>Shit netcode that can't keep up with the models when they go too fast (i.e. grapple)
>Friendly reapers bodyblock both you and/or your titan, ruining your mobility when trying to survive engagements
>Melee is fucking retardedly broken and lunge is still here
>New maps are complete dogshit that forces pilots to play in the same height level as titans and get stomped
>Titans are made out of wet cardboard in comparison to the ones in TF1
And so much more.
>>
File: 1464812630709.jpg (41KB, 653x574px) Image search: [Google]
1464812630709.jpg
41KB, 653x574px
>>389460076
origin
>>
>>389461246
People are gonna disagree with you or just straight up ignore your post but i want you to know that you're alone, i had pretty much the same complaints when i played TF2 and that's why i dropped it.
Also:
>titan boarding is automatic (no player control)
>overpriced microtransactions
>no titan shield
>can't choose OS voice
>no quad rocket and arc cannon
>>
>>389461668
This. Idk why companies shoot themselves in the foot over some shared profit.
>>
>>389461771
>titan boarding is automatic (no player control)
They patched in the ability to hold the action key to board both enemy and (more recently) friendly titans.
>>
>>389462567
I worded it wrong, attacking the titan after
boarding is automatic, there's no option to shoot it, throw nades or jump whenever you want.
>>
>>389462858
Yeah, because of the Battery system. It's effectively the same thing though it's stupid that throwing a grenade in their vulnerable spot is less damaging than stealing a battery, which you can only get rid of by giving to a Titan. If you want to do what I used to do and slap Satchels on them directly you'll have to do it before or right after boarding.
>>
File: 1464619868160.png (185KB, 401x469px) Image search: [Google]
1464619868160.png
185KB, 401x469px
>first game is solid but lacks content, even as far as progression rewards go
>all new content is tied to season passes
>people dont like this and it falls from flavor of the month status
>those who stick with the game do enjoy it though as it has a high skill cap and rewards constant movement

>second game releases
>has almost no advertising
>add a lot of content into base game but by comparison only has about 50% of what the first game had with all it's season pass stuff
>everyone remembers "hey wait a minute, this is the game that screwed me, I'm not falling for it again" despite the fact there was no season pass or map DLC for Titanfall 2 and as mentioned before there was hardly any marketing to clear this up
>not even PS4 owners, who were told as far back as mid 2014 that Titanfall sequel would launch on their console, knew that Titanfall 2 was on the PS4 and still thought it was a MS exclusive
>Titanfall 2 also frustrated returning players beause of how simplified everything was. less customization, lower TTK, overpowered SMGs, rooftop camping is now rewarded more than constant movement, titans turned into moba characters with "I win" buttons for cores, and overpowered kits like stim, phase, and grapple
>>
>>389463562
Stim was in Titanfall 1 too.
>>
>>389463562
To be fair, they gave away the season pass for free like 1 year after and even then, those map packs were way more worth it than the overpriced cosmetic shit TF2 has.
>>
>>389463829
It was, but it offered a slight boost, not canned sanic speed like in 2. Stim in 2 is so bad that if someone with stim melees you, you die before you even see them throw out the animation.
>>
>>389463829
It didn't make you into fucking sonic the hedgehog at the drop of a hat in TF1.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.