[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You could argue that some N64 multiplats were better on PS1,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Nintendo_GameCube.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_GameCube.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
You could argue that some N64 multiplats were better on PS1, okay. I'll dignify that. But was there a single multiplat that wasn't best on the Gamecube? This thing was THE MACHINE.

Why this console didn't get Morrowind or Doom 3 and the like, ala N64 getting Starcraft, HeXen, and Doom is beyond me.
>>
>>389457907
I thought it was the exact opposite, multiplats felt great for Sony again on the PS2, while the Gamecube controller ONLY felt good to use for Gamecube exclusives.
>>
The Gamecube lost for a reason.
>>
>>389457907
>But was there a single multiplat that wasn't best on the Gamecube?
Yes the ones there were on xbox as well
>>
>>389458103
Not enough first-party games.
>>
File: ZOMBIU.jpg (615KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
ZOMBIU.jpg
615KB, 666x666px
>>389457907
The problem's that Nintendo makes kid shit. Publishers are afraid to release anything with blood. When they do, shit fails.
>>
>>389458103
It was marketing.
>>
>>389457907
The answer is Nintendo itself and their main console owners. How many times we saw a third party game being sold like shit because N64, GC, Wii and Wii U owners only buy Nintendo games?
>>
>>389457907
Xbox had better multiplats than any of them outside odd cases like Sonic Heroes which was best on GCN. Cube was certainly at least second best usually though.
>>
>the GameCube version is clearly a step below both the PS2 and the Xbox versions as far as in-game visuals go. Never mind 60fps, I'm happy when the GameCube SSX Tricky runs at 30 frames per second!
http://ign.com/articles/2002/04/02/ssx-tricky-head-to-head?page=2

>The [Gamecube] frame rate bogs down whenever you're taking a look at a large section of complex geometry--the Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Skater Island levels are the worst offenders here. Some sections of Tokyo cause the frame rate to drop rather drastically.
>PlayStation 2 version only rarely slows down
>the GameCube version also looks slightly washed-out when compared to the PS2's vibrant colors.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tony-hawks-pro-skater-3-review/1900-2825357/

>the [Gamecube] cars don't reflect hardly anything and what does reflect looks rather shoddy. Meanwhile, Xbox reflections are pretty solid, as are PS2's.
http://ign.com/articles/2004/02/18/james-bond-007-everything-or-nothing-head-to-head?page=4

>The GameCube version...falters the most out of the three considering framerate
http://ign.com/articles/2005/03/29/timesplitters-future-perfect-head-to-head
>>
>>389457907
>Timesplitters 2 with that controller
yikes
>>
>>389457907
The controller was absolutely shit for third party

>No additional triggers besides L and R
>Tiny ass c-stick next to giant analog stick
>Z button always felt less clicky than all other buttons

Also it didn't help that GameCube was limited to mini DVDs. Tales of Symphonia had to cut out content to fit on two discs and Skies of Arcadia Legends for GameCube has inferior audio quality than the Dreamcast so it could fit on one disc.
>>
Why are gamecubefags so delusional?
>>
>>389457907
>Why this console didn't get Morrowind or Doom 3 and the like, ala N64 getting Starcraft, HeXen, and Doom is beyond me.
Because it wasn't strong enough to match Xbox. While N64 was stronger than PS1 and Saturn (albeit with MUCH less storage capacity). It's as simple as that.
>>
>>389457907
How old are you? Xbox multiplats were often the best. Spider Man 2 comes to mind.
>>
>>389457907

All of them, since the controllers suck for anything that uses the right analog as camera control. That controller was made for bing bing wahoos only.
>>
>>389461240
Back then they always cut out stuff from tales games
>>
>>389458103
>lost for a reason.
yeah well the PS1 womn the previous gen too but irony is that N64 had the better library and has timeless classics, like the GOAT game OoT
Same with gamecube, it has some god tier games in it's library
>>
>>389461593
Not during Team Symphonia era. They legit had to cut out content from the GC verison because they couldn't fit on 2 discs. That's why the PS2 version of Symphonia has voice acting in skits and more side content.
>>
>>389460880
Are you going to make a pie with all of those fresh picked cherries?
>>
>>389461708
Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube had voiced skits. They just weren't dubbed.
>>
>>389461604
The PS1 won because it had better games than the N64.
>>
>>389457907
All the ones that were on Xbox. And actually a few that were on PS2.

The Gamecube was the weakest save Dreamcast.
>>
>>389461710
He's answering OP's question.
These are the multiplats which weren't better.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.