[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is WoW worth getting into in 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: world-dissolve-still.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
world-dissolve-still.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
Is WoW worth getting into in 2017?
>>
>>389448803
no.
>>
>>389448803
no, mmos are dead.
>>
>>389448803
No
>>
Leveling in the game now must be the most unengaging leveling experience of any mmo I've ever played.

Good thing you can just skip all of it XD
>>
Not really. If you want to play it just to see what contemporary WoW is like, I'd say it's worth it if you have nothing better to do with your time.
>>
>>389448803
Absolutely not
>>
File: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (43KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg
43KB, 358x358px
>>389448803
>>
Yeah Argus is HELLA EPIC
>>
>tfw grew up in country so I never had good enough connection to play MMOs
>First two years of college I didn't play much vidya
>move back home for 3rd and I fell in love with a bunch of games
>moving back into town in a month but all MMOs are dead even though I really wanna try TESO because I love the TES series

Fucking bullshit fuck satellite internet with data caps. Is TESO worth it to someone who's never played an MMO before and loves The Elder Scrolls series? Or would it be a waste of money?
>>
I keep going back every expansion but this time was the last. Usually its fun for at least a few weeks, even with the shittier xpacs but this time around there wasn't a single moment where it was enjoyable. The game is fucking dead and unplayable. Go do Elysium or something if you want WoW
>>
As terrible as Blizzard has always been with game balance, their design choices with Hunters in Legion are the first real time I've been actually convinced that they will go as far as to ruin an entire class out of spite towards people who don't enjoy their EPIC new features.
>>
>>389448803
I dunno, i'd wait until Blizzcon to see what they have in store for us
>>
Stop playing Blizzjew games anon, don't feed them your money so they can take down another kind of game like they did with RTS and MMORPG
>>
>>389448803
Retail, no. Private servers of vanilla through Wrath of the Lich King exist and those games are still genuinely good, but good luck finding one that is reliable and not full of e-drama.
>>
>>389448803
>Is WoW worth getting into regardless of the year

No, it never was.
>>
>>389448803

I just started and it's EXTREMELY unwelcoming at the beginning

>zero exposition
>you are this race, now fuck off
>do random quests
>the story doesn't even begin until you are level 60 and then the expansions activate strolling you through

I mean I get what they were trying to do with cataclysm and it's cool but seriously they couldn't have made it more confusing for new players even if they wanted to, it's a miracle this game gets new players at ALL.
>>
File: 1430863694314.jpg (91KB, 554x825px) Image search: [Google]
1430863694314.jpg
91KB, 554x825px
>get to Mac'Aree
>cutscene triggers
>Aggrimar appears
>my character pulls out a sword and taunts the motherfucker
>mfw
>>
File: 1502121605902.jpg (54KB, 607x428px) Image search: [Google]
1502121605902.jpg
54KB, 607x428px
>>389448803
If you've played it back in the day, probably.

If you're a first timer, no. Leveling in WoW without nostalgia to keep things interesting is complete shit. And you don't want reward the company responsible for every MMO being a carbon copy of their game. WoW and WoW clones like FFXIV need to die before MMOs grow. We've been stuck for nearly twenty years thanks to this shit.

WoW will take a lot longer to die, thanks to Blizzard's infinite funding timesink idiots who refuse to to leave, but at least help FFXIV and shitty korean grindfests like BDO die.

The former probably doesn't need help with that, thanks to Yoshi's retarded business scheme of putting out expansions that clear in a week, but still. It's up to you. Ask yourself when you're playing any of these games, at all points: Am I having fun right now?

If the answer is no (and it will be) you should not be playing it, and you should most definitely not be paying a sub ontop of it.

It boggles the mind that players still accept paying full price for games AND a sub, to play mmos, when MMOs are notorious for having insanely shitty gameplay nowadays, unlike other single and multiplayer titles.

And if you play these MMOs for pic related, go to F-List. More choice, less hassle, no cost.
>>
>>389448803

Just play on Elysium
>>
WoW was never worth playing. In every WoW thread, across the years, people would always either bitch about how a previous patch was so much better than the current, or how a future patch would finally make the game good. This is because WoW is trash, WoW players are trash, and the only reason to play the game is because you are so starved for human interaction that the social equivalent of dumpster-diving seems acceptable for you.
>>
>>389448803
Nar
>>
File: No.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>389448803
>>
Nah, pick up some random Korean mmorpg to hold you over until Maple Story 2 is out.
>>
>>389451001
Just use your 100 boost to start the game at mostly current content. There's zero reason to level 1-100 even for nostalgia reasons. It's a complete mess and anyone involved in the 1-100 content should be embarrassed at the absolute trash state it has been left in.
>>
File: legion-head.jpg (68KB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
legion-head.jpg
68KB, 675x380px
>>389448803
>playing pay to not play the genre

lol

name ONE other game genre that is pay to not play
>>
Its at its best point since MoP or Wrath.
>>
File: IMG_4318.png (647KB, 616x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4318.png
647KB, 616x528px
>>389448803
Fresh start? No
Veteran to the game? Still No
>>
>>389449325
It's like $10 on key sites.
>>
>>389454054

I don't have a 100 boost I bought the base game to see what the fuss was about
>>
>>389451091

I was in spirit wolf form when that happened, no taunt for me.
>>
>>389454813
There's nothing redeeming about the leveling content currently and it will never change, either buy legion or give up now
>>
>>389454145
>name ONE other game genre that is pay to not play
The upcomming LOTR game, Shadow of Mordor 2 will have Loot-Boxes for the single player mode, helping you to progress in the game faster.
>>
>>389449548
Rogues were at least like this

>mobility was tied up in Burst of Speed
>survivability was tied up in Preparation (both WOD)
>>
>>389448803
Joining in a MMO 13 years lader after release isn't a smart ideia.
>>
>>389448803
>2017
>he can play on vanilla, tbc, wotlk servers
>he can play on warhammer online private server
>he's still thinking about playing fucking retail wow
>>
>>389448803
If you've got a friend who'll hold your hand and help you get raid-ready with some carries and an active guild, then yeah
>>
>>389454145
Final Fantasy XIV and literally every other contemporary MMO.
>>
>>389455030
Yeah, that Elysium server is real popular I hear
>>
>>389448803
Yes tbqh.
>>
>>389449325
elder xcrolls online worth it ia good game better and zenimax hrrats it well
>>
>>389449325
Try it out, but for someone who never played any mmo it's gonna be too overwhelming. It got shitons of menus.
>>
tfw mmos lack importance
>>
>>389448803

No.
>>
>>389455139
200 players on avg
Real popular.
>>
File: guts.jpg (220KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
220KB, 733x800px
>>389448803
>friend is obsessed about getting into WoW
>keep bugging me to play it with him
>it takes ages to go anywhere
>combat is mashing the 1-9 key
>quests are "go to kill this mob 10 times"
>mfw i am forced to play this garbage
>>
Depends. If you played before than yes. If you wanna RP which is cancer than maybe. For everything else NO.
>>
>>389448803
If you're looking for the old jank of Vanilla, BC, or WotLK, go private servers (hell maybe P99)
If you're looking for hardcore grind your balls off raiding, go Wildstar or maybe a Korean MMO
If you're looking for a polished, populated, social MMO to play with friends, go FFXIV
If you're looking for something new, try literally any other free MMO out there... there's dozens

Modern has the worst qualities of all those desires.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.