[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Risen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: risen-2010-11-28-23-59-39-14.png (4MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
risen-2010-11-28-23-59-39-14.png
4MB, 1920x1200px
Does anyone else think Risen was underrated? It was the closest thing to a successor to gothic 2
>>
I thought it was incredible, but lacked side content in the latter half of the game. I mean, you could do literally everything before the main quest got to the lizard people.
>>
>>389445815

I liked it. The cities were great, it just kinda crapped out after the first few chapters.
>>
I really enjoyed it. Played through it a couple of times
>>
Love the Risen series, all three of them.
>>
>>389445815
it's basically gothic 2 -2
which wasn't bad on its own to play on new engine
>>
>>389445815
My only problem with Risen is that while it was great, it was just inferior to Gothic 2, especially now that LHiver and DX11 visual overhaul mods for G2 exist.

If anything, I think it's Risen 2 and 3 that are criminally underrated. The second one is definitely the worst of the three, but the third brought back a lot of what I wanted and it had huge variety in landscapes for all the landmasses, it never felt stale like Risen 1 where you were stuck on the same island that you knew like the back of your hand by the end of Act 2 despite the game having 4 acts and the last two being horrible back and forth fetch questing with bulletsponge copypasted lizards as only real enemies.
>>
>>389446108
second one they gone a little bonkers, but base gothic formula is still there so it's enjoyable enough
risen 3 got better
I hope elex is better than risen 3 and they at least somewhat will return to form, combat going to be bad again, but who cares locations and setting look good
>>
>>389446378
Risen 3 was joke when you leveled too much on other areas. Otherwise great game.
>>
>>389446473
All Piranha games are a joke halfway into the game once you get past "hobo" phase.
>>
>>389446473
so was every other gothic game comes with not leveled design(bless them for that), never minmaxed gothic 2 reaching level ~30 chapter 1?
I don't think it's a fault, I prefer to be demigod through effort than be same power level forever.
>>
Every single open world (or semi open world) game without level scaling turns into easymode after the initial poorfag portion of the game, this applies to Risen, Gothic and Stalker easily.
>>
File: Screenshot_203.jpg (119KB, 917x956px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_203.jpg
119KB, 917x956px
A button list and a Youtube video state that it's single-button combat.
>>
>>389445878
seriously dude, find yourself a boots, you are going to fuck up your feet when you are running through wilderness barefooted
This is the thing that bothered me hte most
also, the city was too small
Havent played 2 and 3
>>
>>389445815

>Save my learnig points untill you can get to magic
>Cheese my way thrpugh the game, avoid enemies
>Finally reach the monastery
>Still have to do quests for them to be able to learn magic

Felt so good killing everyone after.
Risen was 10\10
2 sucked though
>>
>>389448742
I stopped at butt.
>>
>>389448742
In that regard it's like Gothic 2 where button mashing gets you killed pretty fast, especially in NOTR. Now learning the basic pattern of your enemies is crucial and you'll learn when it's best to attack, to block, to dodge, to sidestep. That's especially useful early in the game when your armor is pure shit and you don't have any strong weapons/didn't invest much into your skilltree. That having said you could kill any enemy with a stick and patience.
>>
>>389449968
It's just a huge irony that Skyrim with TK Dodge is the same combat.
>>
>>389450438
Yea, if you played neither game in your life and only had someone describe them to you in one sentence.
>>
Are you going to play ELex?

I won't.
>>
>>389450597
Meh I will, mainly to scratch my itch for Action RPGs.
>>
>>389450597
why? they deliver consistent worlds
>>
>>389450438
>>
I heard they have aztec shit, is that true?
>>
>>389450548
>>389451113
How?
>>
>>389451451
They have had that since 2s expansion. So whats new?
>>
>>389452721
can you link info on it?
>>
Am i the only one who liked Risen 2 more than 3 ? I have finished all three once, so i'd say 1>2>3
I just couldn't stand Tom Waits wanna be MC and the left-click mashing combat, which would have gotten you killed easily in the first two games.
>>
>>389445815
>act 3 or 4 are way too short
act 4 is like 1 or 2 quests, the second one being kill the final boss
>final boss is pretty much a QTE
if i remember correctly the final boss is just a mechanic where you avoid all of his damage with the shield you have to retrieve earlier
>was never too much of a fan of the tropical setting
thats more my opinion than anything else but whatever
>combat is way too difficult
in relation to how clunky the controls can be i think the damage is a little too high on enemies specially when progression as far as items goes is pretty fucking slow

having said that, the smithing was amazing and i wish more games did it that way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUv33Fil-7U

the different "sides" you can take are pretty nice and it added to replayability
i like the fact that a lot of the characters on the island are shady or just plain bad instead of being cartoon characters like in most rpgs nowadays
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.