[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so much easier to shit on a game than defend it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1503545075068.png (89KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1503545075068.png
89KB, 633x758px
Why is it so much easier to shit on a game than defend it?
>>
Easier to pick apart flaws than it is to find positives. That's why there's so many nihilists in the world
>>
>>389439265
Is it?
>>
>>389439265
It's easier to be a puppet than to see the strings.
>>
why is it easier to destroy than build?
>>
>>389439265
>Why is it so much easier to shit on a game than defend it?

Because when you defend it you need arguments.
>>
>>389439379
you're not nihilists.
>>
>>389439379
that's not the reason
>>
>>389439265
being alive is easy.
living is difficult.
>>
People inherantly enjoy hating on things. Hating on things you don't like elevates all the things you do like without having to expose your own interests for criticism. It's a coping mechanism if anything. The louder you are about hating a thing, the more people chime in and back you up, even if they are just doing it to shitpost, and it validates you.

It makes people mad, or makes them relate, always one of the two, so you get attention that way. being positive is less likely to make people mad but it will only get relatability points from others invested, so no attention there in comparison.
>>
>>389439772
Man wants chaos. In fact, he's gotta have it. We're almost inexorably driven to that state or orgiastic pleasure created out of death and destruction. We revel in it, it's in all of us!
>>
>>389439265
because the same arguments for why a game is shit can be copy and pasted every time, it requires no thought process
>>
>>389439541
This. I can call your favorite game shit and just say nonsense about how each individual thing sucks in it, and somehow this is considered a reasonable position to take and someone will try to argue with me over it.
>>
It isn't easier, it's more fun due to how people think.
>>
>>389439265

because, most likely, the game in question IS shit
>>
>>389439997
but the same arguments for why a game is good can be copy and pasted every time too, but it's never as persuading
>>
>>389439265

It's easy to nitpick garbage
>>
you can shitpost without having played it

it's what 90% of neo-/v/ is now
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>389439265

Because you can make as much bullshit as you can as to why you dislike something

Just take a look at Mario Odyssey
>It's too big
>There's too much Platforming
>There isn't enough Platforming
>It's too linear
>Plays like Sunshine
>The movement isn't exactly 1:1 with 64
>Plays like 3D World
>I don't like Mexicans
>I don't like open world
>I don't like this art style
>I don't like...etc

See?
>>
>>389439379
>/v/ in charge of psychology.
>>
>>389440596
how do we stop this
>>
>>389439265
Because critics use objective logic while fanboys resort to emotional appeal.
Basically reals before feels.
>>
>>389440967
Not really, there are critics who also rely on 'muh feels'
>>
>>389439265
Games in general have shit gameplay, most notably melee combat.
For example, games people praise for "having good combat" are actually extremely poor compared to fighting games from literally decades ago. Chivalry, M&B, Bayonetta, DMC, Revengence, Dark Messiah, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc... All worse then the current fighters from 15 years ago (Vamp Savior, GGXX, 3S, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 4, etc).
>>
>>389439265
because when you're defending something you're exposing a personal interest which means you'll have to explain your reasoning to validate the fact you're not just biased in favor of the thing

whereas if you don't like something ''it's shit lol'' will suffice
>>
>>389441391
This doesn't make sense. When you shit on a game, you're exposing a personal disinterest which means you'll have to validate the fact that you're not just biased in disfavor of the thing

It's the same shit.
>>
File: 1456889410730.jpg (16KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1456889410730.jpg
16KB, 300x226px
The default stance of the public is to like video games. Not liking them is an aberration, and thus demand explanation as to understand how such a thing is possible. It's "natural" to enjoy entertainment on a basic level, whereas the opposite is "unnatural" and we demand justification for it.
>>
>>389441538
disinterest != negative interest
>>
File: 1497211694414.png (188KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1497211694414.png
188KB, 500x267px
ITT
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.