[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this a good saints row game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Saints_Row_IV.jpg (509KB, 2000x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_IV.jpg
509KB, 2000x1434px
Was this a good saints row game?
>>
No it was a shit Infamous game
>>
SR 2
>>
>>389430172
Should have focused more on your MC being the president and dealing with foreign relations. So much potential wasted
>>
I beat it and I'm happy I did. Take that for what you will.
>>
>>389430172
It's okay if you want prototype with ayyy and psychic powah
>>
>>389430172
It was better than 3.
>>
>>389430172
No.
You should play Crackdown instead.
>>
>>389431665
This is the only answer.
>>
>>389430172
It wasn't even a good game in an off itself. The BASIS for a good game was there, but the plot and characters were forgettable half of the time and incomprehensible the other. All i remember is that it's a matrix parody. The rest is a blur. Then the game allows you to completely all challenges before you even start the story run, meaning that you can get super overpowered from the get go, trivializing the game. It has the BASE of a good game, the execution not so much. Everyone loves playing super hero mods in GTA, but this game missed the mark.
>>
>>389430172
The only good Saint's Row game is 2.
>>
>>389430172
No difficulty, no sense of progression, a lifeless world, awfully implemented side activities and on top of that is ultra short and forgettable. The only things this game has going for it are the silly presentation and the first two hours of feeling like a superhero.
>>
>>389430172
3 > 2 > 1 > 4
ironically enough, I hate agents of mayhem because it's a new IP, that seemed to do everything wrong, but IV could've been a great game had it been released as a new IP super hero title(remove guns from protagonist, expand power system, change up the story, make sure you keep coop)

fun game to fuck around with, but it's not SR. and the only reason I put 3 ahead of 2 is because when I play 2, it was filled with bugs and just a chore to play through(PC version)
>>
>>389433936
>3
You might be mentally retarded.
>>
it was okay.
Also, reminder that the dev went in the super hero because they hated the wiggers on their forums.
>>
File: 7783452123.jpg (25KB, 404x400px) Image search: [Google]
7783452123.jpg
25KB, 404x400px
>>389433989
3 > 2 > 1 > 4
deal with it
>>
>>389430794
If they really wanted to have the aliens in it, it should've been half about getting out of the simulation and half about kicking the aliens out of planet earth.
The whole "Earth blows up" could've been just a simulation-within-simulation thing where boss and other characters think they got away but in reality they were just in another simulation.
>>
>>389433936
>3 is best
Fuck no.

I agree that the PC port of 2 was bad, but disregarding the port it was better than 3 in literally every way.

2 > 4 > 3 > 1
>>
>>389434126
The 360 version is nearly as buggy. I'm replaying it on 360 and it freezes all the fucking time. And mind you, it's the best version Volition came up with.
>>
>>389430172
yes
>>
>>389434126
Surprisingly 2 works nearly perfectly on Win10 for me. A few hiccups and some items don't quite line up in cutscenes but nothing at all frustrating.
>>
Either 2 > 1 > 3 > 4 or 2 > 3 > 1 > 4

Prefer the groundedness of 1 to 3 but 3's gameplay is so much better.
>>
>>389430172
>make some of the best superpower mechanics in gaming to-date
>waste them in a saints row game
>recycle them for another saints row game
>instead of going on to make a fuckawesome capeshit game with them, you make a shitty grounded hero game instead
What the hell is wrong with these devs?
>>
>>389430172
No.

>>389436393
1 was fucking awful. 2 was literally the only good game in the series.
>>
I would have liked it a whole lot more if the sky wasn't that ugly dark for the entire game
>>
>>389430172
>Was this a good saints row game?

For what it was, yes.

It was also a bit more unique than prior ones, which was honestly what the series needed.
>>
File: saintsropinions.jpg (116KB, 1264x552px) Image search: [Google]
saintsropinions.jpg
116KB, 1264x552px
It's not even saints row anymore. Should have just called it something else. But Mike Marketing couldn't possibly let them do that now could he?
>>
>>389436527
>Best superpower mechanics
Has less options than both Prototype and Infamous
Shit is also imbalanced to say the least

It's still alright though, no idea what the fuck they were thinking with Agents of Mayhem
>>
>>389438036
Has way more variety and smoother actual control than either of those franchises though, to say nothing of being able to do shit like speedster run with a car held in front of you by TK, then leaping up into the air to slamdunk it on shit.
The foundation they made was just way too good for the series they used it on.
>>
>>389434442
The audio is horrible and will never be fixed. Everything sounds like it's being played through a blown out speaker because the port compressed all the audio into pancakes. This is a problem even if the game is running flawlessly.
>>
IT'S MY LIFE DON'T YOU FORGET
>>
>>389430172
the music was the only thing i can take from that game, much of everything else was pure ass.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.