[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has this gotten better with the updates? I remember it having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 848034509834.jpg (175KB, 560x698px) Image search: [Google]
848034509834.jpg
175KB, 560x698px
Has this gotten better with the updates? I remember it having a less than stellar release.
>>
It's completely dead.
>>
>>389428674
They've added more armor weapons and overall shortened the time to kill. With each patch there seems to be a bug or exploit people find that gets patched a week or so after. 1.8 comes out soon with an expansion to the PvE area and new equipment. If you liked it originally but hated the slow combat its gotten a bit faster. I don't play PvP so someone else can comment.
>>
>>389428674
I reinstalled it last week and it feels improved but still similar. I am just leveling a new character to re do missions again for the first time. The grind for gear was super boring to me at level cap.

If you love the environment like I do it's worth playing again.
>>
Didn't really think it was worth playing at max level without friends
>>
Ubi really dropped the ball on this one. The environment design and the graphics are top tier, even after the downgrade. I could never git gud (I play solo) so stopped playing just before trying Lexington. Will probably reinstall and check if it has improved.
>>
>>389428674
I has quite a lot of content now, if you have friends that played it might be worth a revisit, but it's quite dead without friends
>>
>>389428674
>>389430156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO8IfR3UChM
1.8 (Not out yet.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Addk7cl5smg
>>
People constantly shit on The Division, but really, it's in much the same boat as Destiny 1 was: it got WAY better with time and new additions. The game we have now is a far cry from what was at launch. Build diversity is crazy, and the various expansions greatly expanded on what to do.
>>
I picked up the game myself a few weeks ago with all the expansions, and if you're willing to ignore the whole "takes more bullets than usual to kill a man" bit, it's a lot of fun. For what it is, I can appreciate it.
>>
>>389428845
It's not just a new PvE zone and new gear. It's also a new PvE horde mode, a new PvP mode (4v4 team deathmatch, no gimmicks), and a reworking of several mechanics and subsystems (rogue system rework, Division Tech is important again, etc).
>>
File: 1504001084234.jpg (138KB, 1000x831px) Image search: [Google]
1504001084234.jpg
138KB, 1000x831px
>>389428741
over 83 thousand players on the Global Event leaderboard would like to disagree with you.
>>
>>389432276
8.3 thousand*
>>
The Division is fine but 2017 had some impressive games come out this year and to be honest, the summon content that was dropped for this game wasn't worth the time doing more grinding when I could be playing new games (and have been).

The Division did get better and better with each patch, but not substantially so where the time investment is worth giving up my game-time elsewhere. What would have made it more compelling is if they added lore content, which is what everybody wanted. The story was incredibly good in this game and being the first installment in a multi-million dollar IP, it sucks how it feels like the players have only had a taste of the full scope of this world with no foreseeable endgame. The pacing has also been weird with so much being accomplished by the end of it, and it seems like things were side-lined for a failed PvP environment.

The game is still fun to play, but between grinding for the new gear, lack of actual content (they've just added new game modes that make previous DLCs obsolete), among other issues, it seems like I'll play it a bit more with 1.8 as I have done with 1.7 (I haven't played regularly since 1.6), but I don't foresee me taking it seriously.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.