[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 27

File: whore.jpg (926KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whore.jpg
926KB, 1000x1000px
What's /v/'s non-meme verdict on Fallout 4? Is it shit? Is it better than Fallout 3 at-least?
>>
>>389428618
it's worse of an RPG than F3 better shooter tho
>>
>>389428618
Gameplay is passable, the story is not. Repeatable 'radiant' quests were a mistake. Settlements were meh. DLC's were low-tier.
>>
>>389428618
A shittier version of 3 being made even worse by paid mods. If you really want it, pirate it. There's no reason to support Bethesda anymore.
>>
>>389428618
Complete step in the wrong direction, better gunplay. Arguably the graphics are better than 3, but not by much.
>>
Some necessary but marginal graphics and engine upgrades on top of a staggeringly bad RPG that manages to make FO3 look like a well written game.

The crafting/minecraft building system is pretty shit, but I guess they might be able to make it not shit in future. Maybe.

Tolerable companions, though nothing particularly special for any RPG.
>>
>>389428618
Voiced protagonist was one it's biggest mistakes.
>>
A nice long list of promising features all of which are handled in a sloppy, shallow manner (but there's just barely enough to keep you vaguely distracted) because bethesda expects modders to do half their work for them.

Returning features from previous games are just as bad or in many cases (like player choice and NPC interactions and general combat and gameplay) worse.

It's a 'graphical improvement' so long as you consider the game to exist in a vacuum where only the previous fallout games exist and no other videogames have ever come out.
>>
File: ded pengun.jpg (85KB, 781x933px) Image search: [Google]
ded pengun.jpg
85KB, 781x933px
>>389428961
>Returning features from previous games are just as bad or in many cases (like player choice and NPC interactions and general combat and gameplay) worse.
How can a game possibly have less player choices than Fallout 3? It was a game where you had zero ability to influence the quests other than a simple black or white difference, and most of the moral choices were 'be a gud guy :^)' or 'be a total fuckwad for no reason'. It also had those (((cutscenes))) where it froze you in place and made you watch Lyons give some shitty speech.

Did they really fuck up 4 that bad?
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-06-01 22-44-01-29.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-06-01 22-44-01-29.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
HATE SHAUN
>>
>>389429106
>yes
>yes
>no (yes)
>sarcasm (yes)
>>
>>389428618
If you autistic, and like collecting trash, and pay very little attention to the story, and you use mods, then it is cool.
>>
>>389428618
Better shooter. Worse RPG in literally every way. Worse than fucking Fallout 3, and that takes some doing.
Exploration is okay I guess. Writing is absolutely fucking horrendous. There is no reason why the player character as established in the intro would do anything but side with Shaun, making any other choice available to you completely out of character for the role the game works so hard to force upon you.
>>
File: 1504034822132.jpg (21KB, 478x363px) Image search: [Google]
1504034822132.jpg
21KB, 478x363px
I think Fallout 4 is woefully underrated. In fact I think it is the single best skyrim mod out there.
>>
>>389428618
Non meme answer: it's a good shooter with good exploration and some fun quests and aspects, but it's pretty bad for role playing purposes.
>>
>>389428618
IT'S NOT FALLOUT
IT'S LIKE SIM CITY POST APOCOLYPSE MOD
>>
>>389428780
This isn't arguable. The graphics are much better than 3 and NV. Looked like a 2014 game which is good by gamebryos standards
>>
File: dead eyes.jpg (22KB, 360x427px) Image search: [Google]
dead eyes.jpg
22KB, 360x427px
>know fallout 3 is shit
>quests are all shitty fetch missions with no depth
>the entire gameworld is a grey/brown boring desert
>only ever fight raiders, super mutants and enclave
>gunplay is fucking atrocious
>graphics are abhorrent
>not a single interesting or memorable character
>still enjoy playing it

Why?
>>
File: 1504674597895.jpg (963KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504674597895.jpg
963KB, 1920x1080px
it's okay
>>
>>389428780
>Arguably
The fuck do you mean arguably , they're way fucking better, can't even be compared
>>
>>389428618
it has an excellent paid mods system.
>>
There are some things which are arguably better than in 3 or NV.
The gunplay is good although some design choices are outright laughable. The exploration is outright the best of every 3D Fallout. The ability to jump from rooftop to rooftop or using a highway to reach buildings which are connected with each other make it fun to just look around Boston to see what's in there to find.
The settlement system isn't the best thing in the world, many rightfully claim that the existing system lacks variety and it ultimately serves no purpose other than eyecandy and a few caps/bottled water. What I personally loved was how random clutter finally served a purpose. I often found myself packed to the brim with stuff only to ask myself if it's more worth taking a looted shotgun with me or this pack of duct tape.
Now to the ugly things, a voiced protag is not working well for an open world game. And the 4-answer-wheel isn't good either (thanks consoles!" but I think for example Witcher 3 had the same problem, they just had astonishingly little dialogue for Geralt.
Also it's more of an Action game with RPG elements (comparing it again with Witcher 3, they had about the same amoung) meaning that your weapons/armor can never break and you only have perks and no skills and the perks are terribly uninspired safe for a few.
All in all I'd say it's not as terrible as most say but it definitely hit the wrong spot with gamers expecting a Fallout.
>>
>>389428618
it's a perfectly fine open-world shooter. I was ok spending $60 on it but the DLCs are too much cash for me
>>
>>389430126
>There are some things which are arguably better than in 3 or NV.
This is the biggest bullshit meme to ever spread. Everything people meme about being better than NV in is actually fucking worse than NV's equivelant. Especially the retard no recoil, no projectile, no skill, level 1 master gunplay and shitty half assed, lore breaking, minecraft bullshit power armor system. Fuck these memes.
>>
>>389428618
>Is it better than Fallout 3 at-least?
I could tell you it's "better", but I know you would take it the wrong way. 3 is a steaming pile of garbage, the worst Fallout hands down. 4 is only slightly better because the combat is more fun.
>Is it shit?
Yes.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (471KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
471KB, 500x310px
FO4 mostly bothers me with how strictly
>"You are THIS person"
than some of the other games are.

In FO3, yeah, you're a child raised in a vault and your dad went missing. And it's obviously a major part of the main story. But it never really felt like it was hitting you over the head with that detail.
as far as your character knows, he could be dead or could have abandoned you. And most of the time through the game, you don't really have to bring it up. You have a decent amount of freedom to roleplay in your head what kind of character you want to be.

But in FO4, it's almost constantly
>I was frozen
>muh baby gone
>muh spouse is dead
>takes every opportunity to bring up these facts
It felt less like "Oh yeah, this is my fallout character" and more like "Oh yeah, this is my fallout thawed parent." As if everything about the character was mostly already dictated and you just control the visual of what they look like.

Not to jack off on New Vegas like everybody does, but I liked it better in that one where you don't really start with any familial ties to anybody and your character could have been ANYBODY before getting shot, and doesn't explicitly get told they have to go seek revenge or anything. You have much more freedom in how you want to play that character compared to the other two.

I haven't played the original PC games so I can't speak for those
>>
>>389430578
3 and 4 are shitty nu-age shooters that spit on the integrity of the franchise. New Vegas was an actual RPG where your character was your own.
>>
>>389428618
The writing, voice acting, and main story are dogshit. Apart from that it is fun.
>>
>>389430578
Fallout 1 begins with you being sent out of a vault with some weak weapons to travel east because a vault might be there. Along the way you stumble across a town (keep in mind at this point you don't even really know there IS a wasteland community) and from there learn of towns further south. The main plot naturally runs complementary to your own inevitable investigation south

Fallout 2 you begin with a clear goal in mind after you leave the starting village (find a GECK) but absolutely no idea of where to get one until you inevitably journey to bigger and bigger settlements.
>>
>>389430201
You just used the word "meme" three times in one post. Why do you think anyone should pay attention to your low quality post?
>>
>>389431059
Because it's true and you have no argument.
>>
>>389428618

Fallout 4 had potential to be amazing, but they clearly never wanted to make a Fallout game, just a shooter with the title of Fallout slapped on it. RPG elements are basically gone forever, since any semblance of that is reduces to "buff or debuff" stats. The "perks" you can pick at each level up are just abilities you have to unlock by paying a point.

It did some gameplay parts right, others not so much. I won't go into detail because I think everything that needs to be said has already been said.

Just think about it like this: If Bethesda gave a fuck, Fallout 4 could have been a really really good Fallout game, for real. But they didn't do that, so now we have a shooter that pretends it's Fallout but it still isn't "unplayable" by any means.
>>
>>389431116
>you have no argument
I just presented my argument earlier and you chose to go full retard "MEME MEME MEME". You are a dumb contrarian thinking that if one aspect is bad, then the whole game is literal garbage all the while your kind deflects every criticism on NV with "muh Bethesda ruining everything literally shaking how they manhandled Obsidian" or "hi Todd/Pete".
>>
>>389431324
Oh look, another butthurt bethesda memelord upset that he's run out of arguments. I pointed out the bullshit you're peddling and you've just started sperging out.
>>
>>389429230
>Some nigger hybrid who calls himself Shaun must be your son
The institute gives you no incentive to join them. You have no reason to believe it's been 60 years since you last were awoken. Every time you've seen them before they tried killing you. Literally why join the ones trying to kill you
>>
>>389431324
Shut up Todd, I'm not buying the remastered edition!
>>
>>389428618
All the fallouts suck
>>
>>389431483
Far from it my dude because there's always one buttblasted baby like you waiting until someone says something positive and then respond with the weakest non-arguments ever and immediately declaring victory because, and let's be honest for a moment here, obsidiots and codexfags are the biggest laughing stock even here on /v/. They're also usually younger than the games they usually fellate to their deaths.
>>
>>389431814
>retard says something blatantly not true
>point out that they're full of bullshit and being retarded
>HURR SPERG U DONT WIN OMG OBSIDIOT FUCKING UNDERAGE
Yep. Bethturd fanboy in his native habitat. Spreading lies about how 4 is good and sperging out at everyone.
Stay salty that New Vegas is /v/'s baby and 4 is despised.
>>
>>389428618
It has better combat feel than FO3 yet falls too short on storyline. Lack of freedom when it comes to character development and dialog is another reason I did not feel alright. + buggy as shit

6 out of 10
>>
Far Harbor is what the main game should have been
>>
>>389428961
>>389428961
>A nice long list of promising features all of which are handled in a sloppy, shallow manner (but there's just barely enough to keep you vaguely distracted) because bethesda expects modders to do half their work for them.

Exactly this
Of every single new feature added in this installment I could say only power armor was put some though on it. Everything else is just half-assed shit only put there so you can advertise it on your game description

>Weapon customization! Over a hundred different variants!
Which doesn't matter because you'll end up with two choices to either make your weapon a sniper or a full automatic with clear options of which parts are the best

>Legendary mob with legendary drops!
Mobs are alright I guess, but legendary weapons are so stupidly implemented that I can only assume they were the last thing to be added. You either get the most broken "endless double barrel" or get worthless elemental pipe guns for the rest of the game or at least until you can buy or acquire one of the broken vendor weapons.

>Settlements!
Arguably a decent addition, but shallow in my opinion. Needs more customization options(but hey, mods will add more options other than broken down shacks wood and metal version) and at least have some purpose other than getting attacked by raiders

And thats all of the features I could remember. Fucking disappointment this game was
>>
>>389431928
>OP asks for the non-meme verdict
>Obsidiots swarm the thread spouting their meme opinion
>only because they're mad their favourite developer has to resort to SJW pandering and kickstarter
NV is a standalone addon for Fallout 3 who had even more bugs on release than 3.
>>
>>389428618
It's a fun game on it's own. It's RPG lite tho. Overall I'd basically call it Borderlands 2 with a Fallout skin minus multiplayer. Which is an improvment considering the writing for BL2. Fallout 4's writing has it's moments, but the main story is just medicore.
>>
>paid mods
If I could go back in time I would un buy this.
Also I played it on an old 7800 radeon hd and it burnt out because of it
>>
>>389432331
The non meme version being it's absolute dog shit and has nothing over New Vegas despite what memefaggots like you will spew out because m-muh bethesda dindu nuffin
>>
>>389431486
I'm not talking about the institute, I'm talking about Shaun himself. You drag your nuts over miles of broken glass to find your stolen, then you turn your back on him because you disagree with the organization he fronts? Given how hard the game's shitty writing pushes your obsession with reuniting with your kid, there's no way in hell a parent with that much devotion to finding their child would throw it all away over wasteland politicking that is ultimately no more savage than any other fucking thing you've seen out there.
I'm not arguing in favor of the institute, I'm arguing how redundant the presentation of faction choices are given how far out of its way the writing goes to forcr you to think you should be giving a shit about your son above everything else.
>you have no reason to believe it's been 60 years since you were last awoken
You have no reason to believe it's been one year or a thousand. It's irrelevant given everything else. The writing shoots itself in the foot at every fucking turn.
>>
>>389432281
i got an instigating gauss rifle drop from a legendary
>>
>>389429472
Cause roleplay I guess
Game gives you enough freedom to go into a run every time and take different options and make a different story even if there aren't that many

Go for a hero of the wasteland run and disarm the bomb in megaton and help Harkenss or whatever in Rivet City; or be a asshole and leave the kids to their fate in the Republic of Dave by murdering every adult and become a slaver.

Thing is, you can always create your little story every time, even if the story in the game itself sucks ass
>>
>>389432549
>you have to share a board with mentally handicapped obsidiots
Don't you have to suck off more faggots, Sawyercuck?
>>
>>389432849
>todd is THIS fucking mad nobody is falling for his two-bit hustling
>>
File: Angry organ noises.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Angry organ noises.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>389432602
Isn't that like the most powerful gun variant there is? I got my 3rd Shadowed Leather Armor part last time I played
Maybe I'm just satly that I've had the worst luck when it comes to drops in this game, but I would've liked it if they at least had put in a system that takes into consideration your level and enemy type when generating the weapon you're getting. I understand if a radroach drops a 10mm but when you kill a legendary alpha deathclaw only for it to drop a fucking pipe gun, its insulting
>>
>>389428618
NV > 4 > 3

I'm replaying NV right now and there's just a world of difference. the struggle between the NCR and Legion feels very realistic to the world they surround, and it makes more sense that there are a ton of smaller factions surrounding the two large ones. but in the end you can just side with yourself if you don't care about either. in 4 the "default" option if you pick no faction is the minute men, but if you don't care about the MM then tough luck.

companions are way better in NV than 4. the only companions i ended up caring about in 4 were Danse, Valentine and Hancock because they had personal stories (and, in Danse and Nick's case, connected to other parts of the main story) and colorful backgrounds. The others were just an assortment of two or three quirky personality traits cobbled together. NV had a better assortment and also let you take a non-human along with a human one (frankly the fact they didn't let you always have Dogmeat with you is stupid.)

the story dlc are also fucking high class and an example of what good dlc SHOULD be. all four are separate stories that together call back and reference one another. the only dlc 4 offered that came close to that level was Far Harbor.

4 is still a good game, I put 100+ hours into it and I virtually didn't touch any other game while I was playing it for over a couple months. lots to do, but I spent most of my time avoiding the main story and just doing whatever the fuck I wanted and had a better experience that way.
>>
File: 1504426614741.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504426614741.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>389431324
>>
Its shit and and OK with mods. Might reinstall if cascadia is good
>>
>>389428618
It doesn't even pretend to be an RPG, and the story is the same garbage that Bethesda always shits out
Gunplay is marginally better and Power Armour is fun for a few hours
Companions are the best written part of the game, and even reach enjoyable banter levels in some cases, but only in parts that aren't attached to the main quest. Emil Pali-whatever is cancer to anything he touches and if he died videogames would be better as a whole
>>
>>389433160
>Isn't that like the most powerful gun variant there is?
i think so, and the instigating effect gives double damage on enemies with full health which made it a beast sniper weapon
plus you can charge it for more damage
>>
>>389428618
i had more fun with it than skyrim.
>>
>>389431486
Now that you mention the institute, whats the deal with the factions being so morally grey? Like they listened to some of the criticism from 3 about the factions being just good vs evil and decided making the brotherhood more evil instead of making the Enclave ideals more relatable

Instead you get the Institute which are super scientists who don't give a fuck about the wasteland and are basically the reason your wife is death

Extremist Railroad who think synth>human and their leader bitchiness should be reason enough to not pick them

The minutemen for the indecisive, oh and the Brotherhood who are now Nazis
>>
File: 1463897507541.jpg (163KB, 872x950px) Image search: [Google]
1463897507541.jpg
163KB, 872x950px
>>389428618
Non-meme verdict is it's a reasonably entertaining game with a lot of content which almost completely abandons the Fallout lore and fluff even harder than Fallout 3. I got one long playthrough out of it unmodded and I'm content with what I played, but the worst part is how poorly the mods for it have panned out. I can live with the lack of cities/towns, I can live with the shitty quests and voiced protagonist, I can even live with the weapon modification making found loot almost completely worthless except legendaries. The part the really sticks out like a sore thumb for a Bethesda game is the fact that after 2 years the mods are limping by in such a state. There's still some promise and there's finally a half-assed fuckmod but it's kinda grim.
>>
I barely even touched the settlement building aspects, the bits I had to to for quests were bad enough and it was obviously no fun without mods. I can't believe they wasted so much time and resources on that and voice acting, what a mistake. Todd definitely wanted the Minecraft audience.
>>
>>389433805
>shoehorn shitty minecraft elements
>somehow still manage to have worse combat than new vegas
>>
>>389429250
Underrated
>>
>>389432549
Not the other anon but every insult you use is a 4chan buzzword or meme.

Get to bed kid
>>
>>389428618
All I have to say is that it introduced interesting, and good mechanics (namely weapon crafting) but they need way more refining
>>
File: 1504561135878.png (49KB, 416x366px) Image search: [Google]
1504561135878.png
49KB, 416x366px
>>389428618
its shooting is subpar by today's standards and in some ways worse than in NVs. for instance, the weapon enchantments need to be thrown into the trash, and different ammo types need to return. apart from the way it looks, its really just a direct downgrade from 3/nv in every other aspect.
sasuga bethesda
>>
>>389433805
>>389433865
What fucking sucks about it is that it's the ONLY way to side with the Minutemen. Otherwise it's Railroad for Stealth, Institute for fuck the wasteland, or BoS for FUCK EVERYTHING!
>>
>>389428618
I don't know why I wanted to fuck Piper so much.
>>
>>389434395
honestly it makes me wonder how much better the game would've been if they didn't focus on gimmicky shit like the weapon crafting and settlements. how many more weapons would we have gotten if they just went with the NV modification system? how many more interesting locations and cities would we have gotten if they weren't compelled to stretch that vile settlement system all over the content that could've been so cool but ended up as generic cookie cutter bullshit so that they can force the settlement system to work on it?
>>
File: 1486183025207.png (201KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486183025207.png
201KB, 600x600px
>>389428618
Absolute trash, butchering the skill system and removing any sort of checks that gave you different routes through quests gutted the experience, there's really no reason to play through it more than once because every playthrough you'll just end up doing the same shit with nearly the same build because there's so few options
>>
>>389428618
They needed to dump the building crap, keep skill sets and have more detail in your dialogue choices. But other than that, I found the gameplay to be an improvement over Fallout 3 and NV. Hate them as much as you want, I at least see Bethesda trying to evolve their games even when they make missteps.
>>
File: 1485792113764.png (49KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
1485792113764.png
49KB, 180x191px
>>389434948
>I found the gameplay to be an improvement over Fallout 3 and NV
How the fuck was anything an improvment
>>
>>389428643
fpbp
>>
File: FO4.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FO4.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
HATE NEWSPAPERS
>>
>>389435024
Gunplay for sure.
>>
>>389435160
Literally in no way is it better.
>>
>>389435206
keep dreaming nerd, I say this as a massive fan of NV, but pretty much the only thing FO4 did right was it embraced its inner cowadoody and they focused on making the guns feel pretty damn responsive.
>>
>>389432549
Kill yourself mememan
Or at least read yours posts to see how autistic you sound
>>
>>389435381
>cowadooty
>good gameplay
Oh, you're one of THOSE retards. Can't handle actual gameplay with projectiles to think about, ammo types to manage, recoil to control and skill points to think about.
>>
>>389429472
Loot
>>
>>389430683
Cringe'd
>>
File: horsearmor.jpg (190KB, 1896x886px) Image search: [Google]
horsearmor.jpg
190KB, 1896x886px
>>389428618
>paid mods
>they're trying to insist that they're not mods
>todd trying to re-shill horse armor
>voiced protagonist
i hate myself for buying fallout 4 when it came out
>sarcastic
>>
>>389435448
Cringe
>>
>>389428618
I sort of like it better than 3, the dialogue and voice acting aren't as wooden
>>
>>389428618
Kinda a crappy game. Felt like a stepbackwards in many aspects.
>>
>>389435514
>>389435573
>fallout 4 defenders are the kind of reddit kiddies to use shit like "cringe"
Hmm.. really makes you think..
>>
>>389428618
Its better looking game, its an ok post-apoc shooter. And at the same time its a terrble fallout game.
If bethesda just made their own game and called it, i dont know, wasted earth or whatever retard name there is, i doubt people would be this mad over it. But they just had to slap fallout name on the cover because 'we bought license must use it durr'.
>>
>>389429387
>>389429859
The textures look like low definition candle wax in F4, at least they seemed unintentionally garbage in 3.
>>
>>389435448
Nice bait
>>
File: 149515v.png (78KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
149515v.png
78KB, 500x434px
>>389435635
>nu
>reddit kid
>obvious retarded
You are sure pushing your arguments with subtility and intelligence
Maybe spent more time thinking instead of shitposting
>>
>>389428618
It has the best combat and crafting out of any bethesda game but the mission design is extremely underwhelming and the story is entirely uninteresting, if you mod it into a proper survival simulator it can be pretty dope.

It also runs poorly on every platform.
>>
>>389428618
It's better than 3 but that's really not saying much at all.
There are the building blocks in Fallout 4 for a fantastic game but it needed 3 more years and a total re-writing of the main plot.
>>
>>389429816
is the modscene dead compared to skyrim or is this a decent porn game yet? i dunno why it just seems like FO4s modding scene is a lot less active.
>>
>>389429816
>that guy on the left
"Got to tap it"
>>
>>389436107
>best combat
fuck yeah, older titles seem unplayable after FO4
>>
the gunplay in 4 isn't even that great when you compare it to other shooters. its just that its better than FO3/NV which were absolute garbage and anything would've been an improvement.
>>
>>389436308
It has about half the total amount of mods, the big problem is that the mod community is somewhat divided between the nexus and bethesda's bullshit mod website.
>>
>>389436616
Nah the problem is that the modscene is dived between Special Edition and Fallout 4 whilst Fallout 4 also having disappointed enough modders that they've no interest in modding 4.
Someguy2000 for example.
Which is a crying shame because with the updated engine he'd probably actually be able to pull off some of the fuck-huge battles he tried with New Vegas.
>>
>>389436593
This
Even though I really loved it, it was by far the clunkiest shooters I ever played
Too bad they couldn't implement both good RPG and FPS mechanics
>>
File: vvjmikU.jpg (28KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
vvjmikU.jpg
28KB, 410x308px
>>389428618
I wish Bethesda would just stop making RPGs because it's blatantly obvious they don't feel like making them anymore after Skyrim and Fallout 4. Action adventures/FPS with loot have a much bigger appeal, after all.
>>
>>389432016
seemd like they got thier act together a bit
>>
>>389430578
Yeah, but that was never a problem before. Fallout games have always had determined protagonists; from Vault Dweller to Courier. Bethesda's incompetence is more of a problem in F4.
>>
>>389437102
I find it sad how for all the mod talk and shit Unofficial Patch mods never seem to get much attention. Taking a glance at their release notes reveals just how many bugs and issues Bethesda always leaves in their games after meager token patches.
>>
File: 1452750922387.jpg (58KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
1452750922387.jpg
58KB, 525x503px
>>389428618
It's a different game.

It's much less of an RPG than F3 and NV, but it's a much better shooter. The crafting/building is actually pretty good with mods. It also looks a lot better, though it's not really beautiful by any accounts. Mods are not really on Skyrim/Oblivion levels, but they're better than F3/NV.

It's held back by the story, which is some of Bethesda's worst work (and that's saying something) and unfortunately, that is the one part mods can't fix. You also get massive loading times (1-2 minute loading times) if you add more than the very basic barebones mods.

All in all, not nearly as bad as /v/ says it is (/v/ just loves to suck NV's dick and shit on everything that's not NV because big bad bethesda, despite NV having most of the same problems 3 and 4 have) but it's just on the verge of being fun to play most times. If one of those mods that removes the story and questing and makes it a true survival sandbox simulator ever become more than just a buggy alpha test, then the game will probably be pretty good.

There you go, an unbiased review by a non-retard. Best you can ask for in this dump.
>>
>>389428681
Matches my opinion exactly.
>>
File: toddelihoweli.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
toddelihoweli.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>389429250

>I think Fallout 4 is woefully underrated.
Thank you good sir, finally someone who-
>In fact I think it is the single best skyrim mod out there.
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>389436308
Most porn stuff is there. Not Skyrim levels, but a lot more than awkward NPC's mechanically grinding against one another.

Go poke around in Loverslab.
>>
>>389428618
I played for 18 hours then I got bored
>>
>>389428618
the good:
>better gunplay than previous games
>weapon customization wasn't bad
>character customization was better than previous 2 games

the bad:
>no reason for this to be a fallout game
>horrible writing, story
>terrible facial animations
>literally the worst voice acting I've ever heard in vidya
>settlements were horribly implemented and a bad idea to start with
>completely removed the RPG elements for no reason whatsoever, perk system is afucking joke
>disgusting shitty dialog options that literally didn't matter
>shit tier companions
>shit tier atmosphere/music/setting , ugly buildings

Overall I'd say 4/10, not worth buying but might get a few (4-5) hours of gameplay, until one of the cons finally makes you stop playing
>>
It's weird but Beth's recent games are the only ones I can play 100 hours of and then think "wow that was a bit shit actually".
>>
>>389438412
>weapon customization wasn't bad
Literally just linear progression.
They should have called it a weapon levelling system and made it automated, it's not like there aren't already magical guns in the game anyway.
>>
File: 1502229439417.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1502229439417.gif
2MB, 270x188px
Honestly, it's boring as all hell. The fact that the number of locked containers has been increased tenfold combined with the fact all of the loot is shit and the only thing you're going to be grabbing is ammo and stimpacks makes for a game that feels like a chore when you're just trying to explore. The one thing it doesn't get enough credit for is that they seem to have payed at least some attention to the success of NV and added factions with nobody being blatant "so evil" bait. It's just too bad the minute men were bland as fuck and the only other options were the brotherhood and the brotherhood but if it was run by steve jobs.

I'd also like to take a moment to shit on settlements. Yeah, it's not the worst of the games issue, and sure there's something nice about having your own personalized hub to store all your materials/weapons/armour/companions. I prefered the lucky 38 but I can see why other people may have gotten some enjoyment out of it. No, the issue with settlements is that it was literally just an excuse to toss out some dlc without the actual effort of constructing something with the content you've made. Instead they just give the models an in-game material cost and call it a fucking day. Like shit that's lazier than most fledgling modders. But I guess now it's pretty clear bethesda never took their eyes off those modding bux.

Oh, and fuck power armour. A few minutes into the game and you're already able to kill the strongest enemy in the game. Fuck that shit real hard.
>>
>>389428618
I want Piper Wright to have a shitgasm as I'm eatin her fruits!
>>
>>389438690
>payed at least some attention to the success of NV and added factions with nobody being blatant "so evil" bait.
You can't say that when the Institute is literally "do Evil things for fuck all reason". They never justify the reason they swap people for synths, they don't attempt to change the way people see them and once you get in a position of power you can do fuck all to change them into be more benevolent to the wastelanders.
>>
>>389438495

I know this feel.
>>
File: 1475233089208.jpg (879KB, 1068x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1475233089208.jpg
879KB, 1068x1422px
>>389428618
:^)
>>
>>389428618
It does some good and does some bad, it addressed some of the flaws I learned about from shooting CYKA BLYATS in FOnline that pretty much every other entry in the series(including New Vegas) suffers horribly from. The gameplay overall was an improvement from FO3/NV with proper shooter mechanics added in. The writing and quests vary in quality from enjoyable to fucking horrible, and while the dialog system gets shit on rightfully its better than Skyrim's in that you can say no or walk the fuck away from forced conversations instead of hearing about how you have to suck the Dawnguard's dick when you enter town. Some more competent writing, adding traits/changing to something perks that isn't %s, less-linear gear customization, and proper checks for SPECIAL that aren't charisma would have done the game some real good.
>>
File: Institute_weapons_concept_art.png (3MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Institute_weapons_concept_art.png
3MB, 1536x2044px
Here have another :^)
>>
File: gekkan.jpg (54KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
gekkan.jpg
54KB, 480x271px
>>389439090
They did it because the future and fuck you. Don't talk shit about my faction, your faction sucks.
>>
>>389439425
Can someone explain me one thing? Aren't the Institute Laser weapons weaker than the standard laser weapons?
>>
>>389428618
Gameplay was improved but even then it just went from terrible to painfully average. Other then that it was worse then 3.
>>
File: 1503966225702.png (735KB, 844x633px) Image search: [Google]
1503966225702.png
735KB, 844x633px
>>389428618
Not a Fallout game. I wish I was at that conference when this fucking freak was on stage talking about how they kept doing the same diologue and wanted to do something "different". With a voiced protagonist to be like Mass Effect or a Telltale game, well I play Fallout to be like Fallout and not like any of those shitty not rpg's you dumb ugly mutant.
>>
File: 1477888993809.png (165KB, 957x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1477888993809.png
165KB, 957x1037px
>>389428618
Fallout 4 supplies more questions than answers. a truly bad game.
>>
>>389439574
They're weaker and they take up 75% of the screen.
>>
>>389439446
Your faction moto is for the "betterment of mankind", as it develops synth gorillas instead focusing on the rad eating fungus.
You should change it to "To fulfil our autistic need to create tech because we can"
>>
>tfw install porn mods for FO4
>scene shaun gets taken
>instead of opening the pod, kidnappers start having sex off screen
>scene is stuck forever.
I just want my mods to work properly.
>>
>>389435546
checky fucking cunts...
>>
Has there been any big mods for 4 yet? I mean stuff like New Vegas bounties. Anything like that for it yet?
>>
File: 1504622134097m.jpg (76KB, 432x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504622134097m.jpg
76KB, 432x1024px
>>389428618
Why do they just not give a fuck about the established source lore?
>>
>>389439695
They could've balanced them by giving them better mods or better accuracy or something.
75% of the screen was a dumb idea no way around it
>>
It's worse than Fallout 3, because at least Fallout 3 had the excuse of being the first game of that scope, and the first Fallout game Bethesda had made.

It's just so fucking disappointing. Every single aspect of the game feels like it was on the cusp of being enjoyable, until you realize nothing you're doing matters, the crafting system incentivizes you to just strip mine whole areas rather than dip in to a place that might have what you want to grab it and get out like an actual scavenger, the factions are all terribly underdeveloped, and that building a settlement has absolutely no benefit besides some small, tertiary ones outshined by just playing the game otherwise.

>There are no sidequests, equipment, weapons, mechanics or upgrades locked behind even honestly simple settlement buildings
>"I COULD build an ammunition manufacturing plant, or I could just loot Gunners and enemies for .45 ammo to feed the combat rifle"
>"I COULD collect power armor parts, but they're all immediately outclassed the moment I get something better, so this pre-war piece of technology most people will kill for suddenly becomes worth less than a board game"
>"I COULD build my settlers houses that look aesthetically pleasing, but then I'll have wasted my time on something they won't even use"

Even in fucking MINECRAFT just building otherwise worthless buildings gives you somewhere to store more shit. But Workshops being infinite storage retrievable from any crafting table makes dedicated containers worthless.
>>
>>389429106
Your choices amount to, as another anon already said, Yes, Sarcastic Yes, Tell me more, and Maybe Later
>>
>>389439915
Because your average FO3/4 player hasn't played any of the previous games, thus the lore is irrelevant.
>>
>>389436308
The Script Extender isn't being worked on because Bethesda had to tie what was already spaghetti code into gordian knots to make some of 4's features work, so modders have many fewer tools to work with than in Skyrim or New Vegas.
>>
>>389440589
>ammunition manufacturing plant
I dont remember that, is that DLC?
>>
>>389430578
The original PC games are in line with NV. Here are some tertiary details justifying your existence, but who you are is defined by your choices during the game.
>>
>>389440797
Yes. And it's the biggest fucking pain in the ass.

>Collect fertilizer, which is one of the least common materials in the game, and of which the only consistent supply is having brahmin
>And steel, which is luckily everywhere
>Oh, and lead! Wait, you didn't know that lead was in the game? You didn't know that it only exists in about three items, and is either completely absent from most of the game world or found in enormous quantities that take forever to move?

It's fucking easier to make energy weapon ammunition, since that only requires plastic, fiber optics and crystal, which is somehow more common than fucking lead.
>>
File: 1355344648045.jpg (65KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1355344648045.jpg
65KB, 694x530px
>>389439425
>But because our firing and reloading animations needed to be shared with standard laser set

Oh, Bethesda...
>>
>>389440973
>It's fucking easier to make energy weapon ammunition, since that only requires plastic, fiber optics and crystal,
Huh i would expect it needed nuclear material
Also to be fair, Crystals can be easily obtained with the laser tripwire exploit in the time chamber
But yeah looks terribly implemented, and you can't break down other ammo for components?
>>
Just fucking give fallout to obsidian. They make fallout games like they should be
>>
>>389428618
saying it's a "good game but not a good fallout game" is a bit of a meme but is completely true. If you ignore how it's missing RPG stuff from the previous games then it's a perfectly good looty shooty type. It's really honed down on that gameplay loop of >explore place >kill baddies >loot stuff and it's great to just map out a region.

It's many flaws don't get in the way of what makes it good, and it's worth a playthrough.

>>389438412
>literally the worst voice acting I've ever heard in vidya
that's a new one
was it the boston accent? The fact that the protag had a voice?
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.