[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just started a playthrough of BotW and left the plateau.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_1231.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1231.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
So I just started a playthrough of BotW and left the plateau. I'm enjoying it so far but is there an order I should follow or something that would maximize the enjoyment I get?

BotW thread I guess
>>
>>389428416
Nah, go nuts
Pick a direction and go
>>
>>389428416
Don't like exploration for the sake of it? Go straight from beast to beast and stop by anything interesting you bump into. Still nets you plenty of playtime and you be it on a fresher note. If you like the shrines you can go back to complete them later. Otherwise, >>389428468
Is the best advice
>>
>>389428416
No
...Well, if you follow the intended path you'll get the photo feature earlier if that's your thing
>>
>>389428416
Do what ever the fuck you want!
Personally, I literally went to the very OPPOSITE direction than what the game recommended me to do, and had thought, but still best time of my life.

IMO, it's better to explore and experiment with things as much as you dare before doing story quests.
>>
Is the DLC worth it. I want to start a new file and heard master mode can be fun at times
>>
>>389428416
do the quest between 2 starting villages first then pick one are of the map and explore until u get bored

then fight the final boss
>>
>>389428416
Turn off the HUD for best experience. Do 40 shrines and go get the master sword, then go to the statue at hateno and switch those hearts for maxed stamina wheels for best exploration and maximum challenge.
>>
>>389428892
>do the quest between 2 starting villages first then pick one are of the map and explore until u get bored
nah, makes things 2easy.

>>389428902
>giving out literal spoilers
wew lad
>>
>>389428416
Go to Kakariko, then go to Hateno's lab to get the last rune and then go nuts.
>>
>>389428416
Ideally you should go to Kakariko and then to Hateno to get the Champion's tunic and the compendium then just go wherever you want
But really you can just fuck off to wherever you want to, that's the point
>>
>>389428416
Just go nuts.
Don't even think about where you're going, just go where ever the fuck and you'll find something to distract yourself with.
>>
File: 1445827688741.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1445827688741.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>389429000
>link collects the master sword
wooooooooooooooah whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
File: Three_Giant_Brothers_1.0.jpg (134KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Three_Giant_Brothers_1.0.jpg
134KB, 1200x800px
The beauty of this game is that there is no direction. None. It's literally whatever the fuck you want to do, which is a breath of fresh air in vidya compared to the last decade where everything fucking holds your hand and treats you, the customer, like some kind of moron.

Literally just pick a direction and have fun exploring. You will get special power ups as you go but no order is needed. Some things require certain power ups but you will get them in time.

Exploring is what will make this game GOTY and GOAT finally beating OoT.
>>
>>389428728
Master mode is a clusterfuck at the beginning but gets fun later on. Get the DLC for the trials though, not the master mode
>>
>>389428728
You get a blue lynel on the plateau, among other things. The hard mode is awsome
>>
>>389428416
Am i really missing out on anything if i skip hard mode? I enjoy playing stress free. Zelda games are easy and this one is super comfy. My only worry is that i'm missing out on some new mechanics or bosses in hard mode? Some changes to the game?
>>
OP, just, just watch this. This is a guide on exploration for BotW.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88iRld-HJ1o
>>
>>389429584
Hard Mode is definitely second playthrough stuff in my opinion
>>
My honest opinion is to spend as much time away from the main quest as you can until you get bored from lack of direction. If you wait till after beating the game, getting all the shrines will feel hollow much like doing the trials after beating the game because the game carrots you towards getting all this amazing gear only to remove it from the game for the new content, doesn't make sense post-release. Especially since a master sword buff is even more meaningless after beating the game.
>>
>>389429303
Linear games are usually much better than open-world games. This is an exception.
>>
>>389429808
not surprising considering the same people who did the world did Xenoblade X's
>>
>>389428416
-Go to Hateno for rune stuff
-Stamina is the priority over health
-The armor set in kakariko is worth it
-Easy and simple way to make money is to hunt wild life, cook the meat in groups of 5, sell the cooked meal
-Upgrade your armor. First place to upgrade is near kakariko. Check to see which items you need to upgrade so you don't sell them
-Do the divine beast in the North-West for less tedious exploration
-Make meals that increase health capacity (ex. durians) and restore stamina. Always have several of these on hand; you shouldn't really need anything else
-There are forests around Satori mountain NW of the plateau that have many different items (like durians)
>>
>>389428416
I'd say wander your way over east first because there's some fun powers to unlock that can make exploration more interesting.

>>389429584
Hard mode is an excuse to replay the game. It isn't terribly significant. In fact it adds some stuff that feels kind of out of place.
>>
>>389428416
Kakariko village -> Hateno village main-quest have REALLY good stuff for you, but you will need a few items to complete it. After that? Go nuts, see that mountain, etc.

>>389429584
Nope, no Hard mode-only mechanics. You won't meet gold enemies, but they are just silver versions on steroids.
>>
>>389429584
BotW is HC as fuck compared to all past Zeldas. Especially if you really do start to freeroam long before even being introduced to your story quests, like I did.

I literally did not see another living human being in the game before some 20 hours into it.
>>
>>389428416
Do the main quest till someone tells you to "go to the divine beast" then go wherever you want. It will save you a lot of headache later
>>
I liked the calamity Ganon fight
>>
>>389430615
Psssh casual
I liked BEAST ganon
>>
>>389428613

Yeah this. If you prefer more linear games this way is the most optimal one. Otherwise just do whatever you want
>>
>>389430615
It wasn't bad.
>>
>>389428709
I went straight for the mountains, staying alive by binging apples
>>
nah, do what you want.
Try to be not to disappointed from the length of the divine beast dungeons, there's more enough in the world which makes up for that
>>
>>389428416
>mfw completing the compendium by picking the best photos
This game tickles my photography autism
>>
>>389428728
The guardians are great in hard mode and are actually scary st a distance
>>
>>389428728
Trial of the sword is probably the best combat arena in the game. Just don't try it on Master mode as it becomes more tedious than actually difficult.
>>
>>389428416
Don't do the rito first, you will be spoiled by Revali's Gale.
>>
I'm starting a second playthrough

Give me some good rules /v/
>>
>>389433497
Don't make dishes that increases maximum health
Don't interact with any NPC
>>
>>389429874
>X's
kys you self
>>
>>389433884
Mira is far better than bionis/mechonis in terms of exploration
>>
is the wii-u version playable?
>>
>>389433497
No cooking
No armor
>>
File: 1402572170764.jpg (251KB, 790x444px) Image search: [Google]
1402572170764.jpg
251KB, 790x444px
I know there is no specific order, but was curious as to what people think the best shrine to go after beating Zora's Domain?
>>
Do Kakariko village and continue till you meet baby waifu to fully start the game then go do bird dungeon for the best exploration tool
>>
>>389434430
Shrine? You mean beast? I'll go rito next
>>
>>389434150
yeah why the fuck wouldnt it be?
>>
>>389435069
oh beast, right. rito? thanks anon.
>>
>>389435107
is nintendo above gimping the wii u release to put the switch on a pedestal?
>>
>>389428416
My advice for the dungeons is to go Sky, then Volcano, then Water, then Desert. I found them to go from easiest to hardest in that order. Volcano and Water can swap desu, but I had a much more difficult time climbing aboard the Water beast than the Volcano beast.

Seriously though, do not save the Sky dungeon for last or you will be frustratingly disappointed. It is piss easy.
>>
>>389435318
Yes. The switch version is barely 400mb larger than the wii u version. Which means that it was probably hardly modified.
>>
>>389434430
get the Rito dungeon out of the way. See: >>389435324
>>
>>389435324
Water is more useful the earlier you get, that's when you need it the most. Of course, there's that sweet surprise the the top of the mountain, but you can Metal Gear around it.
>>
>>389435486
which way is the rito dungeon? north from kakariko?
>>
File: 1498621271159.png (195KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1498621271159.png
195KB, 342x298px
>>389435562
Just look for the giant flying bird
>>
>>389435562
it's at the far top left corner of the map. The one flying around, obviously lol.

>>389435512
I'm not using the advantages you get from beating the beasts so I wouldn't know.

>>389433497
Don't use any of the Divine Beast powers you get when you beat each Divine Beast.
>>
>>389435562
It's to the northwest. Check the Divine Beasts main quest for map markers to the major towns.
>>
>>389435701
>I'm not using the advantages you get from beating the beasts so I wouldn't know.
what

But they are so useful.
>>
>>389435693
thanks will do

>>389435701
I haven't unlocked the whole map yet. been taking a time just to do whatever really

>>389435732
thanks anon.
>>
>>389428416
All the 4 main temples share the same principle, there is no new tool to use taking about 30 minutes each. They can be done in any order. All 120 side temples are literally the same fucking thing with same recycled assets, taking about 5 minutes each. You actually spend more time in loading screens than doing dungeons. Seeds are collection lead to point a literal piece of crap for getting all of them. The open world meme was applied here in all fields, but nothing rewarding or engaging about doing the literal same shit and nothing in between. There's 30% less mob types in BOTW than other Zelda games, and most of them are reskin humanoid types.
The positives though are the combat is pretty good for a Zelda game and there's one good village quest zone along with the main quest isn't terrible.
Play the game as oddly as possible to maximize fun, because there isn't anything special about it from a baseline perspective.
The Zelda community is so desperate for a new game though they will swallow this shit and claim it as the best Zelda game if not one of the best games of all time. Video game journalism is at it's peak of all time laughable bullshit by stating these things and people are even worse for swallowing their garbage.
>>
>>389435794
I know. Which is why I don't wanna do it. I don't even know how any of them work except for the lightning one since someone used it in a YouTube video I watched the other day. Literally the first time I had seen any of them in action. I feel like they would be too OP. It keeps the game challenging if I have to fight everything the same way. Farming Lynels currently to try to upgrade my Barbarian gear and it's way more rewarding to shoot them in the face with the updraft they give me from lighting the area on fire than to use the the Gale thing. The Sheikah Slate alone is plenty for me as far as conveniences go.

Like what if I really really REALLY need to climb a mountain but it's too big? I'd rather go out and find some stamina foods to cook and put on my climbing gear and reach the top than to lolupdraft for it, you know? Maybe it's just me but I've been having a blast like this, and I'm really glad I did it on my first play through the game.
>>
>>389436069
if you look at it this way everything you do in games are just fluff and padding. try not to be so cynical anon.
>>
>>389436291
Problem is this just a Zelda game gargling the industry's nuts. It's counter productive to what made good Zelda games prior to it. Each new dungeon being a new puzzle.
With this game, they shelled out what made a good Zelda game and turned it into the open world skyrim meme. And on top of this they literally make fun of you for eating it up by handing you a piece of shit on a stick for going out of your way to explore their world.

Only an idiot can praise being slapped in the face.
>>
>>389436408
>previous zelda dungeons
>good
Let's not go overboard now. Dungeons in zelda was always shit, or servicible at best, you play them for the charming atmosphere.
>>
>>389436069
I like the shrines, fuck you.
>>
>>389428416
The whole point if the game is to explore you blithering retard, EXPLORE.
>>
>>389436069

The shrine puzzles are so much more fun and engaging than previous Zelda puzzles imo
>>
Where the hell do you find red bokos in Master mode? I need to take pics of them.
>>
>>389437032
There is nothing to explore though and in fact what little meaningful exploration gets turned into a farce about collecting literal shit. If you're going to make an open world game don't do what breath of the wild did. Literally is industry gargling shit that played off the Skyrim normie meme.
>>
>>389437312
>There is nothing to explore
Stopped reading. Go shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>389437312
>nothing to explore
Bullshit, unless you only care about reward. If you're playing games and exploring for the reward you're a blithering retard.
>>
Do whatever you want.

I literary just run around not even looking at the mini map.

Do side quests. Some of them are really funny and enjoyable.
>>
>>389437312
>hur dur koroks are all you find
Can shitposters find new material? It's getting boring
>>
>>389437428
>>389428416
Agreed. Just turn off all the HUD and go.
>>
>>389437261
Near the Owa Daim shrine
>>
>>389437482
Explain what meaningful exploration is and running across grassy fields isn't that. Running same recycled asset shrine to recycled asset shrine isn't exploration. So what is there to explore and find, after you been on 5 peaks to take in the scenery it all looks the fucking same. Explain to me why is this hailed as a good open world game, because all it seems like is Nintendo ate up Skyrim open world shit success, but couldn't even follow through like fucking Skyrim and actually put interesting shit in between locations.

Why does everyone here feel the need to defend this.
>>
>>389437695
Finding new locations is exploration
Shrines are interesting
Korok seeds are just small rewards for doing nothing

Now fuck off and bait elsewhere
>>
>>389437760
I ain't even baiting why is this hailed as a good zelda game, all the locations are the same recycled assets. It's the laziest bare none example of doing an open world game. The only reason anyone gives it any attention is because it carries Zelda and Nintendo. If you removed the story elements and presented the world as is it would be trashed as empty garbage.
>>
>>389437882
>locations are same assets
Uh no
>because it carries zelda and nintendo
>if not it will be trashed
Exactly right from a salty shitposter's book, last (You) from (You)
>>
Go in this order
Rito>Goron>Zora>Gerudo
>>
>>389438146
Zora>Rito>Goron>Gerudo is the right order
>>
>>389438146
>Rito first
Revali's gale can outright ruin your experience.
>>
>>389438556
don't use it. I never did. Probably won't ever unless I start a new game. Having a fucking blast.
>>
What's the most complete legit download for the game to slap on CEMU?

I can either find old versions, newer versions that seem fishy or a combination of the two.

I can find Cemu easy enough but the game itself is a bit harder.
>>
>>389438556
But revali's gale makes exploration more fun
>>
>>389438748
5 seconds on youtube will tell you there's a repository
>>
File: 1504167458419.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504167458419.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>389428416
The beauty of the game is that there is no wrong way to play it.

But personally, my advice is to just take your time, soak the world and just head out and explore. The players who brute-force and rush their way through the game are the ones who complain the most.

Head towards a tower, scale it light it up. From the top of every tower you'll see at least one or two shrines, head out for those. The combination of exploration spliced with the occasional puzzle based shrine make up the core of the gameplay. You'll be heading one direction and then suddenly have your attention pulled in another and before you know it you're miles off course from where you wanted to be but that's just the game unique appeal. Go anywhere, do anything. But definitely take your.
>>
>>389437625
I was starting to believe there weren't any at all. Thanks!
>>
>>389439476
So, just like Just Cause 2 and 3 right? And Prototype? Awesome.
>>
Remember to not upgrade your armour beyond tier 2!
>>
>>389439535
Yeah it's kinda like those
>>
The best and most popular order of Devine Beasts is:

Zora
Goron
Rito
Gerudo

But take your time between each, flesh out your map, find shrines and explore.
>>
>>389439476
this right here is the truth. Thanks to /v/ I know to take my time. And of course, my only other friend who bought the game beat it in like 4 days and complained that it was too short. I'm up to 114 shrines finished, nearly 400 Korok seeds, 85% of my photo album, and I still have Hyrule Castle to do. Right now I'm hunting materials to upgrade my gear.

>>389439538
Why? Is this a meme or is there something I don't know?
>>
>>389439535
Expect that BotW has far more focus on player agency and is on completely different planet when it comes to game design sophistication.
>>
>>389439081
On Youtube? Also a repository? What?

Searching for "Breath of the wild repository" on Youtube brings up a slew of results related to the game, but nothing about actually downloading it.
Searching the same on a search engine also brings up results related to the game, but no downloads for it.

Are you telling me to search youtube videos for those crappy "DOWNLOADZ Breath of the Wild here! Hue!" videos? Those are often fakes.
>>
>>389439649
>4 days
>too short
Nigga what the fuck is your friend playing

Anyways tier 3 and 4 armour is baby mode meant for casuals. 2 is the sweet as spot
>>
>>389439731
Why do you want the latest version of the game anyway, it's meant to fix frame rates on consoles, it doesn't matter if you have a good PC. Just grab any version from your favourite site
>>
>>389439745
To put things in perspective, earlier this month this same friend new gamed Skyrim for like the 8th time. Never played it myself but I keep hearing that it's apparently like a 200+ hour ordeal.
>>
>>389439649
Tier 3 and 4 boost your defense like crazy. Only silver enemies with Attack+ top-tier weapons will damage you. And Lynels, of course.

Do whatever you want, you can buy additional pieces of armor anyway.
>>
>>389440046
Oh yeah skyrim is super long if you want to complete everything. BotW is actually shorter if you want to 100% it
>>
>mfw can't beat thunderblight
Currently at 7 hearts and wearing hylian armour. Should I go and return until I am stronger or is there an easy way to cheese?
>>
>>389440656
You can boost your stats with cooking to give yourself temporary buffs. Or go and do more shrines for heart pieces and then come back.
>>
>>389440656
Electric resistance elixirs or equipment, I guess. He's the hardest boss that's for sure.
>>
>>389440656
Git gud, dodge and flurry rush his ass.

But there's always a way to cheese. Brew level 3 shock resistance elixirs, that's whats fucking your ass.
>>
>>389440914
Whelp I guess I'll return later then
>>
>>389428416
>is there an order I should follow or something that would maximize the enjoyment I get?
My recommendation is to casually explore everywhere without too much structure. Setting goals only serves to feed the dopamine reward systems that have been trained on mediocre open world games for the last decade.
>>
>mfw the music kicks in on Sidon's back
The champ sequences are hype as fuck besides the shitty goron one
>>
>>389428416
For maximum enjoyment, go counterclockwise around the world map doing the main dungeons, then do the memories and towers, then get the master sword and beat Ganon.
>>
File: IMG_7633.jpg (17KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7633.jpg
17KB, 255x204px
>>389441446
>midair slow-mo archery
The bows feel so good bros
>>
>>389436069
>>389436408
>>389437312
>>389437695
>>389437882
> Skyrim
> literal
> literally
> shit
> gargling
> eating
> swallow
> garbage
> recycled
>>
>>389441758
It's like a shitpost template damn
>>
>>389441758
The TWEEN TWEEN TWEEN TWEEN of consecutive headshots is so satisfying.
>>
Finished rito dungeon as first dungeon. Where should I go next?
>>
>>389442273
Close your eyes.
Spin the camera for a couple of seconds.
Stop and open your eyes
Now go that direction.
>>
>>389441643
Best bows in a long time. tomb raider and horizon's bows suck in comparison
>>
>>389442438
You are like a little baby, watch this!
>www.random.org
>Random number between 1 and 12
>Go to the clock direction of the resulting number
>>
>killed waterblight before snapping a pic
>forced to buy shitty pic
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>389428468
>>389428613
>>389428641
>>389428709
>>389429179
>>389429303
>>389429735
>>389437428
>>389439476
>>389441237
RETARDS

The best advice it to go where the King of Hyrule tells you to. Travel north and go between the Dueling Peaks to find your way to Kakariko. Meet Impa there and do her little sidequest about Hateno Village.

AFTER THAT: Go nuts and do whatever the fuck. You're literally doing yourself a pretty big disservice by not going to those two towns and getting the main story missions and camera function.
>>
>>389431912
pretty much the same, but in Gerudo Valley area.
taking down a Hinox with nothing but Bokoblin gear and worn hylian clothes was quite challenging yet fun.
>>
This game was made with love and care and polished to an absurd degree. Just look at the Physics compared to a cookie cutter AAA game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGWtyJAkO0
>>
>>389434430
I beat Zora's last, so meh.
>>
>>389442902
This

Unless you think it's good advice to push somebody towards a playthrough where they might take 20+ hours to find Hestu or where they accidentally visit half the memory locations before activating the memories quest.

>>389429584
Master Mode is the ultimate second playthrough. If you're actually adept at the game and appreciate a stiff challenge, it'll be a lot of fun. You can still grow to become extremely powerful, but enemies scale in such a way that you never trivialize combat and the choice to fight, avoid or ignore enemies remains valid throughout the game
>>
>>389442902
Upgrading runes is pretty important, yeah. Can't imagine doing the Trial of the Sword without Bomb+ and Stasis+.

Also, you can respec your Hearts/Stamina, so don't worry too much.
>>
>>389442481
Horizon's bows are great. Have you even played the game?

>Neat rumble and speaker features for immersion
>Multiple types of bows with different playstyles
>Different ammo types with varied effects

Don't be shitty. BotW's are great too, but let's not become fanboys and ignore/discredit something a game did differently but still quite well.

Also shoutout to archery in Dragon's Dogma. Still the king.

>>389443293
The rune upgrades are nice but I'm more focused on starting the memories quest, getting the camera+sensor which are infinitely useful and finding Hestu.

Hestu was placed so that players who followed Rhoam's directions would most likely encounter him on their way into Kakariko. Game is MUCH more enjoyable once you start growing your inventory size.
>>
>>389428416
Turn off HUD and all alarms.
>>
>>389443056
>Unless you think it's good advice to push somebody towards a playthrough where they might take 20+ hours to find Hestu or where they accidentally visit half the memory locations before activating the memories quest.
I do.
I had seriously some of the best time of my life, inching forward in the mountains and valleys, facing Lizalfos and Moblins with 25+ damage gear, not having even seen a single Hearty food ingridient yet.

My very first piece of clothing I found on my own was Barbarian chest piece
>>
>>389443760
Then you're giving bad advice.

The most common complaint we saw in March was players who had taken your approach and struggled against a minuscule inventory limit for FAR too long.

All that trademark exploration and struggle can still be had. But your overall goal should be to go to Kakariko and meet Impa. Does it matter if you start by visiting the Taobab Grasslands to tame a great horse? No. Does it matter if you divert once in awhile to go check out something enticing? Also no. But this doesn't change the fact that first timers should be working towards the goal of visiting Kakariko. It's just a fact my guy.
>>
Did you do another playthrough where you didn't do any of the Divine Beasts because their laser cocks up the skyline of Hyrule?
>>
>>389443981
No point. I'm sure the DLC is post-game content of some kind, so we'll be fine.
>>
>>389443448
Hey i never said horizon archery is bad. In fact it's quite good, but I just like Botw's better due to arrow drop which is lacking in horizon. The aiming is also smoother in BotW due to gyro too
>>
>>389444468
You said it make Horizon's look sucky by comparison. That's a little hyperbolic, that's all.
>>
>>389443931
>But this doesn't change the fact that first timers should be working towards the goal of visiting Kakarik
Why?
I was a first timer, enjoyed my time a great deal.

Later on I watched another rookie play through the game, in a what could be called "normal fashion", and it was pretty boring and 2easy.
>>
>>389444530
I mean it's easy to detect the hyperbole especially if you played both games, but I guess that's too much for /v/ to handle
>>
Just a reminder that witcher 3 is better in every way
>>
File: Picori.jpg (68KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Picori.jpg
68KB, 610x343px
>>389444550
>Why?
Because the sooner you get your camera, sensor and meet hestu, the better your overall experience with the game will be. I also think the memory quest is important, but I guess starting it late in the game isn't that big of a deal. The feeling of discovery when you stumble across a memory r the feeling of reward when you successfully track one down from the clues in the photo isn't necessarily diminished if you wait to start that quest.

>>389444679
A big plague for BotW AND HZD threads are people who haven't played both but still comment on the two in relation to each other.

Players like yourself and myself? We aren't common. Idorts are rare.
>>
>>389444754
>>389444829
>Because the sooner you get your camera, sensor and meet hestu, the better your overall experience with the game will be
Why?

>I also think the memory quest is important, but I guess starting it late in the game isn't that big of a deal
I had plenty of time to do them all afterwards.
I actually did not 100% them all before beating Ganon for the first time.
>>
>>389444817
Says people who only want the boobies.
>>
>>389444829
Why didn't they cut that anyway, physics problems?
>>389444817
Nah you're a faggot
>>
>>389428416
Actual advice:

Invest in stamina before hearts
Invest in sword slots before shield/bow slots
I recommend completing the Zora divine beast first because of the utility its reward provides
>>
>>389428416

your heart anon
>>
>>389444891
>Why?
Because most of the reward feedback loop in the game is driven by equipment and carrying more of it is good. It also ties into a major mechanic in the game world with hunting down Koroks. Once you make the connection between Koroks and expanding your inventory, they become much more enticing and rewarding and you're happier to find them.

The camera feature is just a ton of fun. I'll say it outright: There's dozens of hours of photography autism to be had with the game.

>I had plenty of time to do them all afterwards.
Yeah but the sooner your start that quest, the better. It's a doozy and it adds some fun to exploring the world. Not to mention if you help out Pikango and send him off into the world, his little hints and interactions can be fun too.

>>389444948
Budget/Time/Lore

They felt the Picori surviving the calamity just didn't make sense among other things. I forget what all they said in the GDC thing.
>>
when are we getting the direct? dlc should get new info then
>>
Mush, Mush! MUSH!
>>
>>389445125
Should be soon. Holiday is approaching and they need to shill it before then
>>
>>389445445
>>389445125
There will be a late/mid September Direct with info about Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and BotW DLC. Like almost no doubt. Since Mario is slated for October and everything.
>>
>>389442902
Oh, actually yeah what this guy said. I forgot the King guides you to Impa and Purah, which is important to do first.
>>
>>389445175
Sand surfing has got to be the best way of transposition in the game
>>
File: 1503871894923.png (1009KB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
1503871894923.png
1009KB, 1277x719px
hmmm
>>
>>389445084
>Because most of the reward feedback loop in the game is driven by equipment and carrying more of it is good.
I'd say that an extensively large inventory just fights against the game's initial "survival" style. In fact, more limited inventory, if you want to call it like that, encourages and enforces experimentation with the various weapons and other outta-box methods of dealing with the game's threats.

>Once you make the connection between Koroks and expanding your inventory, they become much more enticing and rewarding and you're happier to find them.
I already anticipated there to be some sort of reward system for them any way. They are, after all, pretty much just reskinned versions of the good old Golden Skulltula hunting and its many variants we've had after OoT.

The joy of getting to spend some 100 seeds at once when you first locate Hestu was just exhilarating.

>There's dozens of hours of photography autism to be had with the game.
I know that. I spent way too many days just to get absolutely perfect image of everything, on my own.

>It's a doozy and it adds some fun to exploring the world.
I actually enjoyed my TRULY post-apocalyptic feel of Hyrule, made stronger by the fact that there was not a single living soul to meet for days in the Gerudo Valleys.

>>389445715
>I forgot the King guides you to Impa and Purah, which is important to do first.
They really are not. There's so much to do, see and challenge yourself without any of that.
>>
Did you escape the Great Plate early?
>>
>>389429392
>but gets fun later on.

absolutely false

you are forced to use the master sword + for everything and 90% of the game's weapons are literally useless since mobs have a billion HP and regen, elemental arrows do fucking zero damage and you just play whack a mole for 3 hours with them since they have the same stupid AI from vanilla, their drops are barely better than silver mobs, absolutely worthless waste of time and money until the story chapter is released
>>
>>389430615

it was certainly miles better than the imprisoned fight
>>
>>389447217
Well once you get better weapons the enemies aren't the spongy anymore and are more fun to fight. Stealth becomes much more fun as well
>>
Ignore anyone telling you to go somewhere, just b yourself
>>
What's the most comfy area in the game and why is it Lurelin?
>>
>>389448328
That's not a snowy area
>>
>>389443467
This desu. It's a lot easier to get immersed in the world and try to explore your surroundings when you're not following a minimap the whole time
>>
>>389442902
Listen to this guy, OP
>>
>>389428416
>maximize the enjoyment I get
wow you're autistic huh
>>
>>389446828
How?
>>
>>389433497
No fast travel. Do as much combat as possible from horseback. Its interestingly different, but you do want to optimise your stay in each area. Not hard now that you know where everything is.
>>
Try and Defeat Ganon with a bunch of Woodcutter's Axe's, OP.
>>
>>389444093
Let's definitely hope so.

Unrealistic tier:
>Dungeon which is more like Hyrule Castle (please nintendo just.. please)
>New enemy types
>More overworld minibosses etc. OR equipment sets tied to the bosses
>New continent (the southern, black part of world map)
>More gadgets to wreak havoc

Realistic tier:
>Dungeon which is just a divine weapon #5 or a huge shrine
>Kinda useless but cool looking armor
>More memories to find
>One or two new enemies (dungeon boss and maybe it's spawn)
>Few new weapons/shields
>>
>>389429303
yeaaaaah, no...
botw is a good game but it isnt better than oot, mm or ww.
>>
>>389446828
>WW
WW is shit, even TP is better. BotW is miles ahead of WW
>>
>>389449532
oh look its a twilight princess baby

twilight princess was the first true zelda disappointment. 8.8 was right.
>>
>>389428416
Turn off the HUD and shrine sensor and go nuts.
>>
>>389449532
Meant for>>389449482
>>
Play a competitive multiplayer game instead pussies. It's 2017, what's the point of singleplayer games?
>>
>>389449532
I always get curious when someone sucks Twilight's Princess dick.

Post your:
>First Zelda game
>Age you were when you played it
>Favourite Zelda game
>Current age
>>
>>389449694
>First Zelda game
OoT
>Age you where when you played it
>Favourite Zelda game
OoT
>Current Age
>>
>>389449570
Yeah but WW deserves like a 6/10 max
>sailing is tedious as fuck
>playing the wind waker is also tedious
>ship combat is horrible
>literally nothing to find on the sea, the islands are korok seed tier and there are far less of them
>murdered Zelda's uniqueness in the end
>easy as fuck puzzles that literally spell out the solution for you once you enter the room
>the entire mandatory triforce hunt

It's just bad, and clearly clearly unfinished
>>
>>389449694
>First Zelda game
Oracle of ages
Don't remember, probably around 11-12
>Favourite Zelda game
BOTW
>Current age
>>
>>389449760
>sailing is tedious
subjective, i enjoyed it
>playing wind waker is tedious
what? you barely have to use it
>ship combat is horrible
subjective, i enjoyed it
>literally nothing to find on the sea, the islands are korok seed tier and there are far less of them
there is plenty to find exploring, going to areas you've never went before and always finding something interesting in an island you've never been to.
>easy as fuck puzzles that literally spell out the solution for you once you enter the room
true for most of them, but still fun. enjoyed the combat much more than the puzzles desu.
i'd say not enjoying this comes from not enjoying sailing and exploring in the game, so there's that
>>
>>389428728
The master sword trials are great. Master mode sucks. Wait for the second pack to come out before biting
>>
>>389450017
>master mode sucks
why tho? i've thoroughly enjoyed it except for trials of the sword, which is pure bullshit in master mode.
>>
>>389450072
Didn't change enough, and physics fuckery is next to useless
>>
>>389449532
>WW is shit, even TP is better.
Wrong. Even SS is way better than fucking TP.
>>
>>389449760
>sailing is tedious as fuck
Might take a little longer than you'd like at times but I enjoy just kind of seeing the sights
>playing the wind waker is also tedious
Wrong. It barely takes any time to use and you don't use it often
>ship combat is horrible
It's so ridiculously infrequent and easy
I'm going to call bait unless you break down every island and argue each of them has less going on than a Korok seed puzzle
>murdered Zelda's uniqueness in the end
What does this even mean?
Imagine basing a point of one webm. Almost all of the puzzles are pretty easy, but saying they all spell out the solution is a huge exaggeration
Yeah, I can't defend this.
As for it being unfinished, the two cut dungeons are pretty apparent, but there is still a lot in the game if you're going for 100%.
>>
>>389449694
Twilight Princess has the best gamut of dungeons in any of the 3D Zeldas. Everything else kinda sucks though.

The Zelda series is now so big and diverse that it's appeal to fans has different factions. Nintendo will never be able to make one all-encompassing Zelda game which satisfys everyone.

Explorefags love BotW.
Dungeonfags hate it.

>>First Zelda game
A Link To The Past
>>Age you were when you played it
>>Favourite Zelda game
Ocarina Of Time
>>Current age

Regardless of it's minor nitpicks, I'm of the opinion that BotW is an absolute masterclass in modern game design and one of best games I've played in years. Still not my favorite Zelda though.
>>
File: TheRodge.jpg (161KB, 950x1352px) Image search: [Google]
TheRodge.jpg
161KB, 950x1352px
>>389450425
I definitely think BotW is a great game. It just doesn't have one of the things that I really really enjoy in Zelda games: interesting world/characters. I enjoyed the lore in BotW, and enjoyed the gameplay, but I miss memorable characters that I get to interact with in memorable ways.

Remember that dude you give the Keaton mask to in OoT? I haven't played OoT in 8 years I think, but I still remember how he talks about his kid and jokes about "Mr.Hero". BotW has a few quirky characters but none of them are really that interesting or meaningful in the quest as a whole. You don't even have to interact with them at all.
>>
>>389450425
I'm a Dungeonfag that prefers the divine beasts to the traditional dungeons and like the physics puzzles more
>>
>>389449694
TP fucking sucks but I'm gonna play anyway

>First Zelda game
The Legend of Zelda
>Favorite Zelda game
Link's Awakening/Breath of the Wild
>Current age
>>
>>389450861
I think BotW has many quirky and charming characters but they can be easily missed and you don't see them too often so they aren't as memorable. I really liked the dialogue in the game though, which is a huge step up above TP and SS
>>
File: 1504222652890.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1504222652890.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>389450914
I think people wil eventually come round to appreciate just how good the Devine Beasts are. You're ahead of the curve.
>>
>>389451134
I think most people like them given the main complaint is that they are too short, which is a complaint I have too
>>
>>389451331
Not saying I prefer the Devine Beasts over traditional Zelda dungeons. I certainly don't. But I don't think they deserve the amount of shit that gets flung at them. They're pretty cool even if they're a little short.
>>
>>389450914
I felt that each tile on the map represents a dungeon and the shrines are the "rooms".
Sure, you dont have interconnected puzzles anymore but it makes up for that with the sheer amount of stuff you can find on each tile.
The Beast dungeons were just the Peak of each area.

I hope people get what I mean
>>
>>389451443
I don't think they get that much shit flung at them besides their length. Those who utterly dislike the beasts are likely those that prefer the traditional puzzles instead of the physics ones
>>
>>389450425
>Twilight Princess has the best gamut of dungeons in any of the 3D Zeldas.

People keep saying this but it's just not true. Skyward Sword has better dungeons than TP
>>
File: BWsfbSq[1].jpg (177KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
BWsfbSq[1].jpg
177KB, 1280x964px
>>389451538
forgot pic related

See, each tile has a number of challenges that you can overcome.
>>
>>389451625
Meh, I still prefer interconnected puzzles. The main flaw of shrines are that they look and sound the same, otherwise I am totally fine with them
>>
File: IMG_9815.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9815.png
154KB, 250x382px
>mfw I paid for this game
Go back to wherever you got it from and get yer money back.
>>
>>389451575
Personal opinion I guess. Skyward Sword's dungeons were bulit around motion controls, which I hated. Twilight Princess had more traditional designs but by that point, Nintendo had perfected the 3D formula.

I still loved the Pirate Boat and the final puzzle shift dungeon from SS though. Best part of the game for me were the Silent Realm sections. If you swapped out TPs shitty wolf tear collecting sections for Skyward Sword's Silent Realm sections, you would have a near perfect Zelda game.
>>
File: 1409872645877.jpg (29KB, 199x399px) Image search: [Google]
1409872645877.jpg
29KB, 199x399px
>>389451689
>The main flaw of shrines are that they look and sound the same
I found that to be dissappointing too, anon, but it didnt affect my enjoyment much.
Probably on my second playthrough though
>>
>>389451575
Almost all of SS's dungeons are completely straight lines

The big exception were the desert ones, which was a highlight of the game anyway
>>
>>389451750
>mobileposter shitposts
In other news the sky is blue
>>
>>389451895
Dungeons in TP are overrated as fuck and they were superficial because at their core almost all them followed the same formula. Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins and City in the Sky all had very similar structure. The dungeons in Skyward Sword on the other hand were completely different from each other in both design and themes.
>>
>>389429303
Man I love this part because it's actually a chore but you still get to have fun. And plus when I finished putting on the balls sunset came. Absolutely comfy
>>
>>389452217
>Almost all of SS's dungeons are completely straight lines

The dungeons in Twilight Princess are linear as fuck. What the fuck are you even implying?
>>
File: ancient-cistern-foyer (1).png (2MB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-cistern-foyer (1).png
2MB, 1500x850px
>>389452463
Many of SS's dungeons are actually just room after room after room until you get to the boss, with zero backtracking and zero need for mapchecking, it's definitely a step worse than TP's

pic related, great looking but boring as fuck except for the boss
>>
File: IMG_9752.jpg (178KB, 620x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9752.jpg
178KB, 620x559px
>>389451134
My biggest gripes with the Divine Beasts;
>Length, or Size
>The Holomap/Blinking Red Lights
>Recurring Rotation Puzzle
>Force Ghost Character (Who has no real character)
>Not part of the Overworld/Entered via a boring minigame with another forgettable character
>Lore, both the backstory and present day
>The Blight Designs
>No. Fucking. Enemies.

They're just not very fun. There's nothing much to them, despite being supposedly a major part of the game. The old 3D Zelda dungeon designs have never exactly been the height of level design, nor has the series really grabbed my attention for its combat and puzzles, but the old designs carried atmosphere and tone and were a visual relief. Once you've done one Beast, you've pretty much done them all.
Everything from the buildup to the execution could've been done better, and more in line with Aonuma's original lie.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (214KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
214KB, 600x600px
>>389429303
>>
File: 36364346.jpg (100KB, 1700x606px) Image search: [Google]
36364346.jpg
100KB, 1700x606px
>>389452650
Literally not true except for maybe Skyview Temple and even then you have to backtrack back to that dungeon later in the game. On the other hand, pretty much every dungeon in TP follows the same formula.
>>
>>389452734
>boring minigame
What the fuck the entrances were hype as fuck. Only the goron one was bad. The beasts are also dripping with atmosphere from the music and design inside. The lore is also present. I really don't know what you wanted since the atmosphere and tone are present in the beasts and it is a visual relief from the overworld. It's not like the previous dungeons were very varied in sequence.

About your holomap I don't really see a problem. The lack of enemies is a problem, but I personally didn't mind their design

Also I don't think Aonuma said anything incorrect about the beasts
>>
>>389453245
>literally not true

What? It is literally true for Ancient Cistern, Skyview, and both the Fire and Earth Sanctuaries (not to mention the fucking rehashed boss)
>>
>>389452734
>atmosphere
>tone
Buzzwords, but the divine beasts do have atmosphere and tone. I don't even know why people care about how you enter a dungeon, the lead up has always been a chore in the other zeldas, usually preceded by a fetchquest
>>
Playing BotW is pure joy.
If you see something interesting far away - go for it, it's just a shitty korok.
>>
>>389452439
What the fuck is that place? I haven't found it yet
>>
>>389453245
>that pic
i always wondered why i thought the dungeons in tp felt lackluster for some reason. turns out it was because they all followed the same path of solving. the divine beasts are like a complete opposite in the sense that they all look the same but the level design in each beast is completely different from each other
>>
>>389453765
Yahaha!
>>
>>389453765
>playing games solely for rewards
I pity you cretins. I wonder if the modern open world design has caused this addiction to the cycle of rewards

But yes playing the game is pure joy.
>>
>>389453871
I really don't know why people suck off TP's dungeons. OOT, MM and SS had better ones done in the same style
>>
>>389453536
Twilight Princess' dungeons are very linear, guided experiences that lack any depth of design found in SS dungeons. Even the gimmicks in the Fire and Earth sanctuaries required more spatial reasoning than many of the so called best dungeons in TP. Arbiter's Ground in particular is a poor's man Forest Temple from OoT.
>>
>>389454050
They are the longest

And everyone knows longer=better, and totally not a chore

MM had perfect dungeon sizes, come at me
>>
>>389453521
The other 3 are basically the same thing, and I didn't really find it fun. I'd rather have been able to enter them on my own merits after progressing or using ingenuity, but since the climbing is basic as fuck I guess that was never an option so they just threw in a 30 second target minigame instead.
Aonuma originally said that Dungeons were going to have several entrances and be open-ended. They have one, cutscene-heavy entrance and are too small for the open-ended nature to be of any consequence. It takes a minute to get a full cognitive map of them, never mind the dumb Metroid map.

The Goron one was the only decent one because it's the one I did first, which is pretty much the story of the entire game.
>>
Who /playingthroughagainonPC/ here?

Can't wait for more details for the DLC
>>
>>389454275
>are too small for open ended nature to have any consequence
Is that so? The terminal sequence is quite a big consequence

And the goron one is in fact the mission most different from the rest, and I cant believe you think a shitty escort mission is the best lead up to anything

Also can you link to what he said? I'm interested in reading through the various interviews
>>
>>389454325
>not playing it on the go
Pleb.
>>
>>389453923
I think he meant everything that seems interesting is often shallow. See that tower in the distance? No you can't enter it or explore it or learn some shitty lore from its depths or find an interesting, well written character in it or fight an optional boss in it, but you can wall vertically on it for 30 seconds before moving on to the next one-dimensional backdrop.

It's the fact that everything that could be cool ends in a pointless reward that is rustling. Koroks aren't memorable, unique clothing/bosses/characters/exploration of something other than generic biomes is. Anon is literally begging for something OTHER than 1/900 turds.

tl;dr You're a faggot who can't read shit that isn't highlighted
>>
>>389454275

>basically the same thing

No they are not. Their layouts are quite different and so are the ways you utilize their main gimmick. Might as well call the dungeons in other Zeldas the same thing because you use item on obvious spot the same way every single time.
>>
>>389454537
I meant the Beast itself, my bad. Yeah the escort mission was dumb. I remember quitting during it despite only having just picked up the controller 15 minutes prior. Shit put me right to sleep.
>>
>>389454613
You can explore it and learn the lore of the akkala fortress though, but not being able to enter it is a bummer
>pointless reward
Here's comes the word again
>>
>>389452734
See, I liked the rotation puzzles. I thought that was a really cool idea and I thought it was executed well, too. The idea that the entire dungeon is a moving thing and that how it moves impacts the layout of it was really interesting.

The bird was by far the best.
>>
>>389455076

>bird was by far the best
Hell fucking no dude, it was the worst. Camel is the best
>>
>>389454613
Thanks. Now you are my best friend.
>>
>>389453827
It's that shrine challenge where you have to kill 3 hinoxes and get the balls and put them on a pedestal. Its somewhere on west necluda i think
>>
File: 1497297137020.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
1497297137020.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>389442902
this anon is right, go nuts after actually getting the quests to destroy the beasts and rune upgrade abilities.

plateau>kakariko>hatano>zora>forest>lurlin>gerudo>tabantha>hebra>death mountain>castle>cy yourself to sleep that you will never be able to play the game for the first time again
>>
Where the fuck is Lurlin and Lurelin or whatever? I never found it and I played for like 50+ hours already
>>
>>389455631
Bottom right look for the beach areas
>>
>>389455631
It's in the southeast corner of the map. It's a fishing village on the coast.
There's a Shrine there
>>
>>389455076
>The bird was by far the best.
Camel blows all of the others out of the water.
>>
>>389454775
I wish there was a reward that made the combat better. Games can have rewards, you know? BotW ironically has the most of any game I've ever played, shame none of them are good beyond. Except for the clothing, I suppose.
>>
>>389455925
>reward that makes the combat better
Any good bow/arrows
>>
>>389455784

Holy shit thanks, I'm one shrine away from the master sword. I'll head there immediately
>>
>>389455828
Umm no honey the zora one is the best
>>
>>389456173
There's also shrine quest on the coast, closer to the midline of the map.
>>
>>389456173
there are 2 shrines there. One has a quest with it I would just use google for that quest of it might take you forever to figure out where the things are
>>
I think the elemental variants are quite varied in terms of ways to deal with them and I would like to see more of them in the future along with more enemy types
>>
>>389456894
Same. Kind of reminds me like how it works in Prey
>>
File: 62808463.png (1MB, 1000x1406px) Image search: [Google]
62808463.png
1MB, 1000x1406px
>>
I just started a second playthrough and bought the DLC, playing in master mode. It feels really unfair so far, but i haven't played so much. It gets better more into the game? i read that the master trials is bs on master mode (i haven't played it in normal mode).
>>
>>389457901
I think she is is the best Zelda in turns of character not just booty, I liked her relationship progression with link
>>
>>389457967
Master mode gets much better and becomes more fun than the original once you get the phantom armour, which isn't that far away.

But yeah there's one particular room with two black lizalfos that is bullshit on master mode. You have to chain sneak attacks to even have some hope of getting by
>>
>>389458130
>lizalfos regenerates all its health in the water
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Bow>Rods>Two-handed>Spear>>>>1 handed
Electric>Ice>fire

Prove me wrong
Protip: You can't
>>
>>389459061
Swap spears and one handed and you're good
>>
File: beedle.png (1MB, 1080x602px) Image search: [Google]
beedle.png
1MB, 1080x602px
Huhh? Woww!
>>
>>389428416
I really fucking hope you didn't steal the game.
>>
Is the dlc worth it if you haven't beaten the game yet?
>>
follow the main quest until you get the camera (it happens fast) then do whatever you want
>>
>>389461098
>>389461098

The DLC just adds Master Mode (an extremely hard difficulty that you must restart the game to use) an added arena style dungeon thing, and a bunch of cool nods to past games in the form of items you have to track down
>>
>>389442902
So, I fucking hate how important it is to fuck off to Kakaroki and Hateno ASAP.
>>
File: 6366.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
6366.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>
File: 1499649926845.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499649926845.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>389463168
nothin personel kid
>>
>>389461732
Why? You can easily miss the camera and stil, enjoy yourself
>>
>>389463831
No you can't, the default pictures suck
>>
As soon as I finished the plateau, I started marking the towers and basically making a beeline from one to the next, letting them lead me all over the map seeing what new environments would be over a mountain or through a forest. Wandering past the Faron grasslands and then finding out there was a constantly raining jungle was the best. I had about 70% of the towers before I even bothered going to Kakariko, I think.

Once I ran out of new environments to find, realised the item, shrine and enemy variety would never pick up; and that the main quest was shit -- my interest plummeted at about 30 hours. I kept playing for probably a total of 60 but nothing ever came close to the first 20 or so when I had 3 hearts, no armour and no idea where I was going. Hyrule Castle was a blast but it made me sad knowing that this is what the main quest could have been but with puzzles and being worked into the vast, open environment.
>>
>>389464650
Bruh 30 hours is more than enough time to spend on a Zelda game, once you get bored finish it
>>
File: Nic Cage_boken.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
Nic Cage_boken.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>389429000
>link gets master sword
>spoiler
>>
>>389464801
It's weird how many people say "I dropped it after 40 hours" as if that's a bad thing. That's twice as long as just about every other Zelda.
>>
>>389447305
I'm going to go a more tankier path in the master mode.
I stealthed my way through normal mode, and it was kinda boring.
Sneak to a monster camp, onehit one guy, whole camp gets aggro on you, run out of sight, repeat.

Now I try something more like "jump in and fucking kill everything that moves".
Need a lot of food for bonuses and health regen, but currently it's worth it
>>
>>389462335
Guys have to listen to girls stupid shit and seem interested just to get pussy.
>>
>>389449694
>First Zelda game
OoA
idk, 6 maybe
>Favourite Zelda game
OoA/S, WW, BotW
>Current age
>>
>>389451689
What I like about shrines is they served dual purposes. They act as both heart pieces, and dungeon segments.

Previous 3D Zelda games had heart pieces scattered around the overworld, and just finding and obtaining them by itself was a satisfying challenge. The shrines fill in that role that overworld heart pieces used to fill, and they also give you a small dungeon segment ontop of that.
>>
>>389467223
Except for the blessing shrines, those are basically JUST heart pieces.
>>
>>389432530
>be me
>first time near hyrule castle
>have around 13 hearts
>never encountered a guardian before, except the one in front of the bomb trial, and I avoided that one as much as possible
>see something funny walking in the distance
>it spots me
>nicemusik.mp3
>can't be THAT strong, can it? I mean, it's literally in front of the starting area
>BOOM
>that thing fucking shot me from a distance of fucking miles down a hill
>still tumbling down
>needless to say, it killed me with one fucking shot

I have to say, guardians are the first zelda enemy I avoid out of fear.
Sure, they get easy once you get the weapons strong enough to kill them (I still go to hyrule castle for farming that shit), but I hadn't those with me at that moment, and had stealth armor equipped, so my defense was shit.
>>
>>389449694
>LoZ
>5
>BotW
>32, feels bad man

I enjoyed the non-waggle version of TP a lot. It has a better main plot than the average Zelda game for sure, and the dungeons are solid. I don't get why it's picked on so much.
>>
I recommend at least questing enough to get the maser sword as soon as you can
>>
File: thestory10.jpg (61KB, 538x345px) Image search: [Google]
thestory10.jpg
61KB, 538x345px
>389449694
>First Zelda game
nes Zelda
>Favourite Zelda game
BoTW will take the spot of yearly zelda game
>Current age
>>
>>389428416

You get the same mindless content no matter where you go.
>>
>>389449694
>First Zelda game
Ocarina of Time.
Around 9.
>Favourite Zelda game
Honestly, BotW.
>Current age
>>
>>389428416
Go to the bottom left of the map and then thank me later enjoy fapping
>>
>>389467594
It's funny how terrifying the Guardians are early game. I would shit myself even if I saw one from a distance and feel panicked as fuck if one actually locked on to me.

By late game I was running up to them head first and just ragdolling into oblivion. They're kinda cute when you're not scared of them.
>>
>>389449694
>First Zelda game
OOT
>>Age you were when you played it
>>Favourite Zelda game
BOTW
>>Current age

I have never played and finished 2D Zelda and never will
>>
Breath of the Wild fucks with my autism almost as badly as Fallout 4. How am I supposed explore the gigantic and dilapidated world when I feel such a sense of urgency and obligation to freeing the Beasts and beating Ganon? It's not as bad as HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON 2015, but it messes with me. Why would I do anything other than go straight to the Beasts and Ganon when the only reason I've even been awoken after a century is because NOW they need me.
>>
>>389469342
You can actually do that though, even you will probably feel obligated to defeat the divine beats first, and if not, you will at least want to get the master sword or better weapons for the fight.
>>
File: 77789.png (2MB, 1756x1080px) Image search: [Google]
77789.png
2MB, 1756x1080px
>>
>>389469342
The game literally gives one main objective: Beat the bad guy in the castle.

You can consider everything you're doing before that as 'preparation'. Taking time out shrines and side quests only benefit you, make you stronger.
>>
>>389471649
brap
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.